PS4 Is The Last Hope For Next Gen

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

And this is coming from a person who's never owned a Sony console. The Wii U has already proven to be a very predictable flop, and now with the incredibly unimpressive Xbox One reveal (stupid console name too) which barely even seems to have games in mind over watching TV and looking up sports news, it's looking like the PS4 is the last hope for an actual gaming console next generation. Right?

Avatar image for deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
Member since 2012 • 1173 Posts
Console gaming is looking dire at the moment, glad I am updating my PC to beast level. I really can't see consoles existing after this generation.
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sune_Gem

Console gaming is looking dire at the moment, glad I am updating my PC to beast level. I really can't see consoles existing after this generation.OhJayDubya

Companies are making whole new mistakes. I'm bracing myself for the second video game crash at this rate.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts
Isnt sony actually do a lot of the same as the xbox one? the whole focus on social centric stuff people whinged about, then people whine bout the xbox doing the same, newsflash kiddies and basement dwellers people want their little black boxes to do more than just gaming.
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

lol

Based on a Next-Gen story.

Karpetburnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Karpetburnz
Member since 2013 • 532 Posts

PS4 >>>>>>>>>>>> Wii U >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Xbox One :lol:

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]Isnt sony actually do a lot of the same as the xbox one? the whole focus on social centric stuff people whinged about, then people whine bout the xbox doing the same, newsflash kiddies and basement dwellers people want their little black boxes to do more than just gaming.

Will PS4 require and internet connection and will it block used games? I don't think so. Until then...
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

Lol, cows are drama kings these days. PS4 and Xbox one will share just about every single multi-plat game, and each will have a ton of exclusives. It'll be the extra services or the lack of wanting them that will decide. I'm more than ready for the Xbox One as I'll have the new Masss Effect series, Madden, Halo, and whatever these 15 new excluisives are where 8 are new IP's. To say the PS4 is the only hope reeks of fanboyism, IMO. PC isn't going anywhere and once MS drops there games at E3 they will be just fine.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Couldnt agree more. Sony has the whole core market free with the PS4 unless they mess it up themselves.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 razgriz_101
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]Isnt sony actually do a lot of the same as the xbox one? the whole focus on social centric stuff people whinged about, then people whine bout the xbox doing the same, newsflash kiddies and basement dwellers people want their little black boxes to do more than just gaming.

Will PS4 require and internet connection and will it block used games? I don't think so. Until then...

always onlines not exactly a big point for me since i have functioning stable internet and nowadays i pretty much only buy fifa,skate,ufc,gta and forza....its not exactly a big point on the used front for me either. just putting it out there its not the big deal some people on the internet make it out to be, for me anyway since all my devices pretty much connect to the net as soon as they are on.
Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

If PS4 is the last hope god help us all.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]Isnt sony actually do a lot of the same as the xbox one? the whole focus on social centric stuff people whinged about, then people whine bout the xbox doing the same, newsflash kiddies and basement dwellers people want their little black boxes to do more than just gaming.SaltyMeatballs

sony actually is leaving block used games upto the developer, so it may actually lead to the same thing that xbox one is doing as far as how it's going to handle used games.  sony's way is basically the lesser of 2 evils.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shawn30

Newhopes
Agreed. I wasn't impressed and haven't been so far. JMHO
mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mgs_freak91
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts

Lol, cows are drama kings these days. PS4 and Xbox one will share just about every single multi-plat game, and each will have a ton of exclusives. It'll be the extra services or the lack of wanting them that will decide. I'm more than ready for the Xbox One as I'll have the new Masss Effect series, Madden, Halo, and whatever these 15 new excluisives are where 8 are new IP's. To say the PS4 is the only hope reeks of fanboyism, IMO. PC isn't going anywhere and once MS drops there games at E3 they will be just fine.

shawn30
Lemmings these days, they love paying for second hand video games. Trying to make life worse for gamers, good job you guys.
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sune_Gem

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]Isnt sony actually do a lot of the same as the xbox one? the whole focus on social centric stuff people whinged about, then people whine bout the xbox doing the same, newsflash kiddies and basement dwellers people want their little black boxes to do more than just gaming.razgriz_101

always onlines not exactly a big point for me since i have functioning stable internet and nowadays i pretty much only buy fifa,skate,ufc,gta and forza....its not exactly a big point on the used front for me either. just putting it out there its not the big deal some people on the internet make it out to be, for me anyway since all my devices pretty much connect to the net as soon as they are on.

Always online is just unecisary though. It's just a hindering feature that has near no meaning in existing.

I lent my friend Street Fighter IV yesterday so he could get better at it. To think that they're trying to stop actions like that, or at least make it more awkward, is just a complete turn off. Lending games to your friends or trading with them has been a staple of the indusry since the Atari 2600.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sune_Gem

[QUOTE="Newhopes"]

shawn30

Yeah, the PS4 launch wasn't exactly incredible, but at least it looked like a games console and not a VHS player.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shawn30
[QUOTE="razgriz_101"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]Isnt sony actually do a lot of the same as the xbox one? the whole focus on social centric stuff people whinged about, then people whine bout the xbox doing the same, newsflash kiddies and basement dwellers people want their little black boxes to do more than just gaming.

I'm the same way. I can't recall hen I didn't have my 360 connected online. As for used games, again, its the devs that will benefit here as they want this. Its extra revenue for them, and you can find tons who support an added fee. I'm not a fan of this myself as I wish things wouyld stay the same way they are now. But nothing in life ever does. The used game point won't be a killer for me. Price and games now. MS nails those and they will be fine. Please don't let gaming forums make you think MS will just fail, lol. Once their games are announced and seen and they kick that marketing thing into full gear the real war will be on.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shawn30
[QUOTE="shawn30"]

mgs_freak91
Lemmings these days, they love paying for second hand video games. Trying to make life worse for gamers, good job you gu
[QUOTE="shawn30"]

mgs_freak91
Lemmings these days, they love paying for second hand video games. Trying to make life worse for gamers, good job you guys.

Love it, no? But get why to a small extent, I do at least. And when Sony finally announces all the little things their fans staunchly beleive they won't do, but I think they will, SW will have a field day. There's just not going to be a huge difference between them in how used games are dealt with. Id bet on that. If you prefer the PS4 then cool. I saw the Xbox One and I prefer it. shrugs
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]Isnt sony actually do a lot of the same as the xbox one? the whole focus on social centric stuff people whinged about, then people whine bout the xbox doing the same, newsflash kiddies and basement dwellers people want their little black boxes to do more than just gaming.Rage010101

sony actually is leaving block used games upto the developer, so it may actually lead to the same thing that xbox one is doing as far as how it's going to handle used games.  sony's way is basically the lesser of 2 evils.

Yep. I believe EA and Activision may do this on PS4 (well EA for sure, Activision surprisingly hasn't even tried online pass for COD), though technically it's already possible on current gen, i.e. making online pass single player pass.
Allthishate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Allthishate
Member since 2009 • 1879 Posts
The new xbox is essentially steam. this always online thing is still not finalized and nothing 100 percent concrete has been confirmed. that being said Sony has revield nothing but vague information about there console lets see how 'noble' they are lol i bet u anything they will do the same thing.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] Will PS4 require and internet connection and will it block used games? I don't think so. Until then...sune_Gem

Always online is just unecisary though. It's just a hindering feature that has near no meaning in existing.

I lent my friend Street Fighter IV yesterday so he could get better at it. To think that they're trying to stop actions like that, or at least make it more awkward, is just a complete turn off. Lending games to your friends or trading with them has been a staple of the indusry since the Atari 2600.

ever read the back of a game case your not actually supposed to re-sell,lend the unit etc its a strange thing but its technically ina grey area in a weird way..they just finally have a way to implement such a system and will.....its effectively DRM we've had in music,games and films finally making its way to console full swing more to suit the buisness side of things. MS and Sony first and foremost need to keep devs happy to make games and sell games.Its just essentially the thing i've been calling since online pass actually finally becoming a reality.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shawn30

[QUOTE="shawn30"][QUOTE="Newhopes"]

sune_Gem

Yeah, the PS4 launch wasn't exactly incredible, but at least it looked like a games console and not a VHS player.

Lol, the system looks fine to me. Sorry, Sony didn't show me anything I wanted... or the system, lol.
XanaduTheBand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 XanaduTheBand
Member since 2005 • 2971 Posts
No. There is another.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shawn30
The new xbox is essentially steam. this always online thing is still not finalized and nothing 100 percent concrete has been confirmed. that being said Sony has revield nothing but vague information about there console lets see how 'noble' they are lol i bet u anything they will do the same thing. Allthishate
That's what I have been saying. MS got the bad news outta the way. Sony may have a storm waiting at E3 when it has to reveal a number of things its been VERY quiet about.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Yep, Xbox ONE was a big load of sh!t from what they showed. PS4 is definitely the better of the two so far

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

I know these are supposed to be game systems first and foremost but I just dont see the extra features as a bad thing. Im all for the best system and since neither one will be coming out until probably 6 months I dont see how any body can assume one will be the last hope at this point.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Sony will continue to lag when it comes to extra features and content.  Games will be there for both consoles but in the end Sony will lose due to their lack of flexibility to partner with content providers.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44167 Posts

Pfft, PS4 is nothing more than Sony being schooled by MS this gen and making an upgraded 360 where as the ONE is all brand spanking new, fresh, exiting and pushing all the boundries of liveng room entertainment :o yeah, I went there. :P

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sune_Gem

The new xbox is essentially steam. this always online thing is still not finalized and nothing 100 percent concrete has been confirmed. that being said Sony has revield nothing but vague information about there console lets see how 'noble' they are lol i bet u anything they will do the same thing. Allthishate

Steam has an offline mode and can play any game while being offline, forever. It just obviously can't connect to the multiplayer aspects.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"] always onlines not exactly a big point for me since i have functioning stable internet and nowadays i pretty much only buy fifa,skate,ufc,gta and forza....its not exactly a big point on the used front for me either. just putting it out there its not the big deal some people on the internet make it out to be, for me anyway since all my devices pretty much connect to the net as soon as they are on.razgriz_101

ever read the back of a game case your not actually supposed to re-sell,lend the unit etc its a strange thing but its technically ina grey area in a weird way..they just finally have a way to implement such a system and will.....its effectively DRM we've had in music,games and films finally making its way to console full swing more to suit the buisness side of things. MS and Sony first and foremost need to keep devs happy to make games and sell games.Its just essentially the thing i've been calling since online pass actually finally becoming a reality.

I'm pretty sure the fee for used games has been officially denied. The fee is to repurchase the game, to allow it to be played simultaneously on two consoles with just one disk being purchased. There is also (supposedly) a system on xbox live to allow game trading directly through the service.  Unless new information has said differently

Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts
Seems like there is no hope for next gen if that's the case
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Pfft, PS4 is nothing more than Sony being schooled by MS this gen and making an upgraded 360 where as the ONE is all brand spanking new, fresh, exiting and pushing all the boundries of liveng room entertainment :o yeah, I went there. :P

SecretPolice
So, it's like the PS3 at launch, then. Thank you for clarifying.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] Will PS4 require and internet connection and will it block used games? I don't think so. Until then...SaltyMeatballs

Yep. I believe EA and Activision may do this on PS4 (well EA for sure, Activision surprisingly hasn't even tried online pass for COD), though technically it's already possible on current gen, i.e. making online pass single player pass.

Actually, I don't believe Activision will go crazy with any of these restrictions, for them, the goal is to make CoD as accessible as possible. They're growing their fanbase by letting everyone have an easy, hassle-free access to CoD games, and crap like on-line passes don't fit into their strategy...

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44167 Posts

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Shewgenja

:lol: Noperz, no freaking way man, gimmicky Cell, slow Br and no games, nope, nothing like that pos. :P

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

[QUOTE="Shewgenja"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

SecretPolice

:lol: Noperz, no freaking way man, gimmicky Cell, slow Br and no games, nope, nothing like that pos. :P

well so far, the next xbox will have mandatory installs, no games & a kinect.. which is a gimmick :P

the ps3 sucked ass, so it's not looking good for the next xbox

AlphaJX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AlphaJX
Member since 2013 • 221 Posts

Seems like there is no hope for next gen if that's the caseJack-Burton

Orly, why is it that a Sony console is considered an all time best then? 

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

PS4/Wii U is the way to go. Wii U is going to turn it around like with the 3DS. 

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

All fanboyism aside, consoles are struggling. Its just becoming just another un-needed category. There is no REAL innovation in the market. Many people are satisfied with games on iPad that they can play on their TV (casuals) but if thats where the market is, thats where the money is. Not everyone is a hardcore gamer.

There is nothing left to do with consoles, so they should just focus on what they are really for, simple gaming. When i say simple i mean plug and play. Don't try to make consoles do more things, don't try to make them more like PC's because guess what, PC's exist and they can do almost anything. Hardware and games is what counts, and by focusing on the 'living room', 'social features', and 'tv' they are losing their core market.

MS is going in the wrong directon with Xbox One, and as the saying goes "They called it Xbox One cause they just took 359 steps backwards." If this is the case and it certainly looks like it than people will be forced to buy the ps4, not because its a great system, but because its the 'only' system.

Consoles are losing their place. This cycle, the primary competition wont be other game consoles but instead, the tablets, smartphones, and the very unique mobile-focused NVIDIA Shield Games system which are attacking the game foundation that supports console games.

Yes, once upon a time i owned a ps3 and 360, but switched to PC gaming only a couple years ago and have had a much more immersive experience, as well as saving a lot of money in the long run.

EDIT: Ofcoarse im not saying this could happen overnight, but in the next 5 years.

javydejuncos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 javydejuncos
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I can't help but think that the xbox one and ps4 will be more similar than people expect. I fear that Sony will follow Microsoft and charge a fee for used games and even though I don't believe they will require an always online connection like the one, they have already stated that they recommended an always online connection to streamline the updating and downloading process.plus they are both going to have creepy cameras looking in your living room 24/7. I currently have a 360 and a Wii and hopefully this holiday season I will get a Wii U for my Nintendo exclusives and the ps3 for the multiplats. I'll get a xbox one or ps4 in about four to five years when the price goes down.
StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

And this is coming from a person who's never owned a Sony console. The Wii U has already proven to be a very predictable flop, and now with the incredibly unimpressive Xbox One reveal (stupid console name too) which barely even seems to have games in mind over watching TV and looking up sports news, it's looking like the PS4 is the last hope for an actual gaming console next generation. Right?

sune_Gem

The reaction in SW is facinating to me. For 12 years, it's been known that MS entered the console race to control the living room (in response to Sony potenially doing that). For several years, Hermits have been claiming "consoles are going to die". For the entire current gen, Cows have been touting how the PS3 is better than the 360 because of things like Blu-Ray ("it's more expensive because it has more features").

So, when MS runs with these concepts and creates the XBox One, answering all the critiques, and fanboys turn around and bash it.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

Gonna wait for a ps4 price drop, if I bother at all.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

StormyJoe

The reaction in SW is facinating to me. For 12 years, it's been known that MS entered the console race to control the living room (in response to Sony potenially doing that). For several years, Hermits have been claiming "consoles are going to die". For the entire current gen, Cows have been touting how the PS3 is better than the 360 because of things like Blu-Ray ("it's more expensive because it has more features").

So, when MS runs with these concepts and creates the XBox One, answering all the critiques, and fanboys turn around and bash it.

its sw what do you expect, im fairly sure half the things cows are ragging the X1 on are similar to Sony's aim this gen aswell.
Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts

[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"]Seems like there is no hope for next gen if that's the caseAlphaJX

Orly, why is it that a Sony console is considered an all time best then? 

We have yet to see the actual console and are unaware how psn will work next gen, or even how games will play on the machine. and which console is considered the all time best and by who, pretty sure everyone's opinion varies on that matter pal.
handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts
No. There is another.XanaduTheBand
dead on arrival like Onlive and that other new thing.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
very true but there's always pc left if even ps4 becomes shit during e3.
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts
I agree OP. :cool: Kaz will save us.  #ThankyouSaviorKaz
javydejuncos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 javydejuncos
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Expect a lot of people to have the same mindset. With that said you should expect Wii U type sells for both the Xbox one and ps4.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

With Nintendo out of the picture for now (WiiU flop and Nintendo absent from E3)

and Microsoft who have just recently dug their own grave

does Sony realize they have the chance to get the ENTIRE market in the palm of their hands?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

With Nintendo out of the picture for now (WiiU flop and Nintendo absent from E3)

and Microsoft who have just recently dug their own grave

does Sony realize they have the chance to get the ENTIRE market in the palm of their hands?

GrayF0X786

:cool:I think Kaz does.....

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I don't know if the PS4 success is a given. Most of the people I know have said they weren't impressed with the PS4 unveiling. E3 really is going to be important this year. It will be the place where Sony and MS can either shine, or fall flat on their face.