PS4 has 2 system sellers in March

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#51 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Infamous SS would get me to buy a PS4, if I wasn't getting a new computer.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:

inFamous is a system seller?

Welcome to the new age.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#53 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

@super600 said:

@blackace said:

@Sagemode87 said:

Infamous and MGS5, why is it that MGS5 is being ignored? MGS4 did wonders for PS3. Even though it's a short game, it's hard to beat 29.99. I doubt TitanFall can heat 2 established game franchises. PS4 may come out on top in March.

Neither game is really a system seller. Infamous SS, maybe a little because there's no other big games coming out for the PS4 and everyone has been waiitng for it. So it will move a few systems, but not like Uncharted 4 or say The Last Guardian would. MGSV: GZ is just a prologue demo that you pay for. Similar to GT4 & GT5 prologue, that gamers shelled out money for before the real game came out. I can't see anyone killing themselves to find a PS4 to play MGSV:GZ. I cancelled my preorder once I found out how short the game was, the price and how biased Hideo was with the games platform. Lot of gamers cancelled their orders.

TLG is a niche game and it won't move ps4's when it is released.

YOU'RE A NICHE GAME!

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#54  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Welcome to the new age.

Didn't like sorry. :P

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Shewgenja

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Welcome to the new age.

Memories of Jack tretton walking on stage at E3 and burying the XBone?

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#56 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Welcome to the new age.

Memories of Jack tretton walking on stage at E3 and burying the XBone?

I... don't get it...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Shewgenja

@93BlackHawk93 said:

I... don't get it...

Me neither. I was trying too hard.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ Shewgenja

I rewatched PS4's E3 Event recently. And I totally got it. ;) if that makes you feel better.

They only played like 10 seconds of Radioactive, and they never made it to the part where they actually say "Radioactive", well they did, but it had already began fading out. And fades don't count. :p

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@nyzma23 said:

when the last time infamous hit blockbuster ??

when the last tme titanfal hit blockbuster??

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Yea infamous and MGSGZ will be system sellers but the thing is that the PS4 doesn't need system sellers, it's selling out as fast as Sony can make them. MGSGZ is a system seller for PS4 because it's still strongly associated with Sony consoles, a quick look at the software charts on GameStop and Amazon reveals that. XBone version is at the bottom of the barrel while PS4 version is charting high. Infamous is a system seller because it's the first open world next gen game, and people are hungry for that after being with limited last gen consoles and ports for a long time. It's already selling well on GameStop and Amazon and will continue to do so. Sony is in a very enviable position right now with the pS4.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Ground Zeros wont be a huge deal, but Phantom Pain mighty be... especially in Japan.

An im not sure that Infamous will be moving systems after it flops (6/10).

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

I plan on purchasing both, though I don't see how MGS: Ground Zeroes, which is a demo, is a system seller.

nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@nyzma23 said:

huh ?

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Neither of those are system sellers. Infamous looks just as boring as the rest of the series and I'll wait till the complete MGS5 comes out to get it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Shewgenja

I just don't think PS4 is in a position to fully capitalize on a system seller. Infamous could get a 10/10 and be FFVII levels of epic but PS4 will still be moving 280,000 units of hardware a month because there is no back-stock to supply the demand as it is.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I doubt the metal gear game is a system seller.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Shewgenja

@trugs26 said:

To a metal gear fan, GZ and a fist full of superior multiplats is all you need to make the splash.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By kinectthedots

@nyzma23 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@nyzma23 said:

huh ?

Titanfall never had a game before now and you haven't seen the sales (specifically for the xbox one as a system seller, but you have no figures for other platforms either) so what exactly makes it blockbuster? Furthermore, you haven't seen how Infamous Second Son will perform or be received critically so your comment really has no bearing on this new game.

Care to explain this "blockbuster" moniker you have attached to titanfall that somehow doesn't apply to Infamous? Do you mean marketing hype?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By trugs26

@Shewgenja said:

@trugs26 said:

To a metal gear fan, GZ and a fist full of superior multiplats is all you need to make the splash.

A multiplat half-game that is on old generation hardware. No, I doubt it will be a system seller for PS4.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Shewgenja

@trugs26 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@trugs26 said:

A multiplat half-game that is on old generation hardware. No, I doubt it will be a system seller for PS4.

Superior version, though.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 trugs26

@Shewgenja said:

@trugs26 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@trugs26 said:

Yes I heard you the first time. That's not enough to be a system seller.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By kinectthedots

@trugs26 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@trugs26 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@trugs26 said:

It works as an argument for being a system seller for xbox one with Titanfall..oh wait, it's actually not the superior version.

Now that you mention the fact that being the superior version doesn't ensure being a system seller, I don't know what makes titanfall a system seller for xbox one giving that fact other then the fact that...xbox one has no gamez lol. I kid I kid but seriously what make Titanfall a system seller for X1 not even being the superior version of a multiplatform game? My poke at xbone may not be far from the truth.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 trugs26

@kinectthedots said:

@trugs26 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@trugs26 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@trugs26 said:

It works as an argument for being a system seller for xbox one with Titanfall..oh wait, it's actually not the superior version.

Now that you mention the fact that being the superior version doesn't ensure being a system seller, I don't know what makes titanfall a system seller for xbox one giving that fact other then the fact that...xbox one has no gamez lol. I kid I kid but seriously what make Titanfall a system seller for X1 not even being the superior version of a multiplatform game? My poke at xbone may not be far from the truth.

I'm not even sure if Titanfall is a system seller, but it definitely has a better chance than the Metal Gear game because of marketing and hype, simple as that.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By kinectthedots

@trugs26 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@trugs26 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@trugs26 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@trugs26 said:

I'm not even sure if Titanfall is a system seller, but it definitely has a better chance than the Metal Gear game because of marketing and hype, simple as that.

Actually I agree and already know this.

Just wanted to jab at the argument people have been making for why Titanfall was a system seller for xbox one using the superior version argument against 360 ignoring the PC version. I don't believe MGS GZ is a system seller for PS4.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Someone's e-penis is desperate for self-affirmation! Multiplat demo that is cross-gen being a system seller? Get out of here! You're a nostalgia-driven fanboy who hopes for everyone else to be the same.

How naive can you be? I'll feel very sorry for people if their idea of fun is to spend 40 dollars, euros or pounds on something that could've been free on PC if it was from a reasonable dev.

Oh and to @AzatiS: you're bragging about Sony supporting their systems to the MAX: is that why they're pulling the plug on the multiplayer part of their 10m+ seller that is not even 4 years old? Gran Turismo 5. Get real, seriously.

bfmv2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 bfmv2007
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts

Now If MGS was an exclusive then definite yes. But being multi plat it will sell, but wont be a system seller. I don't really see Infamous as a system seller either. PS4 system seller will be Uncharted and God Of War. Xbox One will be Halo and Gears Of War. And possibly a new IP from each console. I played the Titanfall beta, and while I did enjoy it, I refuse to believe that it's a system seller. Its a timed exclusive anyways. I honestly believe Destiny will get some next gen systems moving, just because I cant imagine the 360 or PS3 being able to pull off everything Destiny is promising, and still be stable enough to play.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By kinectthedots

@bfmv2007 said:

Now If MGS was an exclusive then definite yes. But being multi plat it will sell, but wont be a system seller. I don't really see Infamous as a system seller either. PS4 system seller will be Uncharted and God Of War. Xbox One will be Halo and Gears Of War. And possibly a new IP from each console. I played the Titanfall beta, and while I did enjoy it, I refuse to believe that it's a system seller. Its a timed exclusive anyways. I honestly believe Destiny will get some next gen systems moving, just because I cant imagine the 360 or PS3 being able to pull off everything Destiny is promising, and still be stable enough to play.

One of the most reasonable posts in here...

that said, if you don't think both Titanfall and Infamous Second Son will (and already are) move a ton of systems for each platform and are in fact system sellers you are sorely mistaken.

These two titles will be critical for pushing sales and convincing people to take the leap now for either new console for the first quarter and maybe even first half of the year in stead of waiting til later.

I honestly wasn't going to get a PS4 until Drive Club came out in june or july because Killzone didn't impress me but Infamous Second Son changed my mind.

Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts

Even though MGS is now a multiplat, it will definetly move ps4 consoles in Japan and Europe, but that will have to wait til 2015. The thing that releases this month is not a full game.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 kinectthedots

I'll drop this here for posters relying on nothing but their opinion to suggest that Infamous won't be a system seller...

inFamous Second Son Leading Titanfall In Social Metrics, EA Sorry For Not Bringing Titanfall To PS4

"On being asked to explain the metrics, Dodd listed YouTube numbers. “YouTube views. Twitter mentions. Preorders.

“Second Son – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHzh…hnq9JhUZ0UZLbm – Published March 7th. 4.7 million views.

“To find anything even close on Titanfall’s YouTube you have to go back to October.

“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caiI…L4x2BH_VlzON5V – 2.3 million views. Their E3 video is just over 3 million. Their ‘official gameplay launch trailer’ which is a week old… 194k."

http://gamingbolt.com/infamous-second-son-leading-titanfall-in-social-metrics-ea-sorry-for-not-bringing-titanfall-to-ps4

Also interesting to note:

“Sony also used it’s own metrics in a meeting with EA last week and showed them what they would have sold on the ps3 and ps4. The money EA took from MS doesn’t even begin to cover it. The EA guys went over the math and agreed"

Titanfall sigma or Titanfall 2 would be guaranteed for anyone interested in playing that game on PS4 at this point.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 kinectthedots

@spicymeatball27 said:

Infamous SS isn't a system seller since the last one sold piss poor & i do mean piss poor lol. If it came out on ps3 infamous ss no one would buy it just like infamous 2 so why would anyone buy a new console and infamous 3 if they didn't even play the first 2 lol.

^ My above post plus this.

Infamous is the #1 current gen selling game amazon as of today!!!

Titanfall is out but a game still on pre-order is beating it. Keep the DC rolling in.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Sure, a boring game and a demo are system sellers, are you kidding me? I might get Infamous after a price drop, surely not worth the $60 retail price, and who in there right mind pays $30 for a demo?

strothers101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 strothers101
Member since 2011 • 425 Posts

@Sagemode87: MGS is also on the XONE....

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#84  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Oh and to @AzatiS: you're bragging about Sony supporting their systems to the MAX: is that why they're pulling the plug on the multiplayer part of their 10m+ seller that is not even 4 years old? Gran Turismo 5. Get real, seriously.

Oh wanna get real bro ? Ok !

What kind of exclusives you playing on your X360 the last 2-3 years ? Isnt supposedly X360 winning PS3 ? Isnt supposedly Sony on the verge of bankrupt ? How is possible for a company with major multibillion losses to provide such amazing exclusives for PS3 even when PS4 is out ? And you keep blabbering about servers of GT5 ? lol ...

Well lets not talk about Wii that sold x 2 than PS3 while being on serious profits then died out of nowhere with its last 2 years of its existence have only 1 game worth mention ( zelda ) .

Wanna talk about PS1 / PS2 vs that times competition who offered what even when next-gen systems arrived ? No you dont want to.

And you are here blabbering about GT5 servers ? Really ? How many of those 10M were loggin to play ?! You think for example if COD or any other game alike that sold that good , if they had like 1000 people only login on weekly basis ... they wouldnt shut down the servers? Come on .... Get real !

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

Please make sure this is your final thread because you're bad at making them.

marie4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#86 marie4u
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

this conversation is getting bad. it should not be done.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

I'll drop this here for posters relying on nothing but their opinion to suggest that Infamous won't be a system seller...

inFamous Second Son Leading Titanfall In Social Metrics, EA Sorry For Not Bringing Titanfall To PS4

"On being asked to explain the metrics, Dodd listed YouTube numbers. “YouTube views. Twitter mentions. Preorders.

“Second Son – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHzh…hnq9JhUZ0UZLbm – Published March 7th. 4.7 million views.

“To find anything even close on Titanfall’s YouTube you have to go back to October.

“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caiI…L4x2BH_VlzON5V – 2.3 million views. Their E3 video is just over 3 million. Their ‘official gameplay launch trailer’ which is a week old… 194k."

http://gamingbolt.com/infamous-second-son-leading-titanfall-in-social-metrics-ea-sorry-for-not-bringing-titanfall-to-ps4

“Sony also used it’s own metrics in a meeting with EA last week and showed them what they would have sold on the ps3 and ps4. The money EA took from MS doesn’t even begin to cover it. The EA guys went over the math and agreed"

Titanfall sigma or Titanfall 2 would be guaranteed for anyone interested in playing that game on PS4 at this point.

Wow man this deserved a new thread..hahaha

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@tormentos said:

@gago-gago said:

MGS:GZ is multiplat and Infamous "looks" good but both seem to lack substance and replay value. Not sure if smart consumers and gamers will value these things. I could get a PS4 this month but even with these 2 games coming out, I still don't find the value for a PS4 yet especially when the XO is giving me better gaming values right now.

How is the xbox one giving you better gaming value.?

Yeah those multiplatforms are really giving value to the xbox one..lol

The xbox has more games to play, therefore more gaming value. Its very simple. If you can count then you should be able to manage this concept.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By CloudStrife213
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts

MGS V: Ground Zeroes will be on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, and PS4.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

So a Prototype ripoff is now a system seller for cows? Feel really bad for them. And din't know that MGS:GZ is exclusive to 900pStation.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

I agree...

1. $400

2. In stock.

:)

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

This is the biggest bunch of crap I have seen today. Respawn talked to Sony and MS about making the game, MS made the deal because they had the hardware (servers) and software Respawn needed to make there type of game . It worked great, the game plays really nice, even with slow internet, something Sony couldn't do. Yes, the next one might, if there is a next one, be on the PS4 but Sony need to find some servers and money first.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#93 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

Infamous and MGS5, why is it that MGS5 is being ignored? MGS4 did wonders for PS3. Even though it's a short game, it's hard to beat 29.99. I doubt TitanFall can heat 2 established game franchises. PS4 may come out on top in March.

Because Ground Zero is nothing but a glorified demo.

There I said it.............

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#94 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

I have a hard time believing either of those are even close to be considered system sellers.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#95 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

MGS5 GZ is only a mere demo of the real thing plus it's multiplatform.

The ps4 version is the definitive version though but that's hardly a reason to buy a whole system.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

The main thing people are waiting for before buying a PS4 is being lucky enough to find one in stock.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Cows are afraid to hype it in the official topic but here it's considered a system seller, make up your minds Cows .

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

An overpriced multiplat prologue is a system seller now?

You cows seriously have nothing to play.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#99 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@mems_1224: yeah, lol, when did infamous become a system seller? The series is really not on that level. Not even close.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@arkephonic said:

The main thing people are waiting for before buying a PS4 is being lucky enough to find one in stock.

It's been in stock on Amazon multiple times in the last week or two, including right now