PS4 has 2 system sellers in March

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

Infamous and MGS5, why is it that MGS5 is being ignored? MGS4 did wonders for PS3. Even though it's a short game, it's hard to beat 29.99. I doubt TitanFall can heat 2 established game franchises. PS4 may come out on top in March.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

Okay.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

Infamous and MGS5, why is it that MGS5 is being ignored? MGS4 did wonders for PS3. Even though it's a short game, it's hard to beat 29.99. I doubt TitanFall can heat 2 established game franchises. PS4 may come out on top in March.

let's see what gdc says , then we'll talk

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I'm going to go play some video games.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

infamous a system seller?that will be news to me..

metal gear yes...but its on xbox too...

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

MGS:GZ is multiplat and Infamous "looks" good but both seem to lack substance and replay value. Not sure if smart consumers and gamers will value these things. I could get a PS4 this month but even with these 2 games coming out, I still don't find the value for a PS4 yet especially when the XO is giving me better gaming values right now.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

MGS5 GZ is also releasing on the cheaper ps3 and other consoles.It's also not filled with a lot of content.It won't sell PS4's since all the versions of the game have been shown. and are being talked about.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
@treedoor said:

Titanfall?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

because MGS18MOG isn't being released on xbox 360, ps3, xbox dOne, ps4 right and it will obviously only sell well on the ps4.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@treedoor said:

Titanfall?

Titanfall, and a bunch of other awesome PS4 excludeds

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sagemode87

@KBFloYd: @KBFloYd:

@KBFloYd said:

Highly doubtful that Metal Gear is going to sell well on X1.PS4 will get at least 85 percent of the sales for the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

While MGS may be more popular on the PS platform it is multiplat and multi-gen so I doubt itll move PS4's. Infamous may move them a bit but I think those types of fans have already bought the system. I think mostly overall PS4 fans are waiting for stock to catch up to buy them, not so much infamous.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Isn't mgsV only 2 hours and available on both current and next gen ms and PS consoles

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sagemode87

@WilliamRLBaker: You're kidding if you think MGS5 is gonna get any attention on Xbox consoles. Metal Gear has never sold well on Xbox.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@WilliamRLBaker: You're kidding if you think MGS5 is gonna get any attention on Xbox consoles. Metal Gear has never sold well on Xbox.

so that's exactly what you are saying.
MGS18MOG will only sell well on the ps4 it will be ignored on all xbox systems and will even sell badly on the ps3 system which has 82 million sales.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Neither one of those games are system sellers. The Infamous series has a decent fan base, but I doubt many people are buying a PS4 solely to play it.

Also, MGS is a multiplat you twit.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sagemode87

@super600: @lostrib:

@super600 said:

MGS5 GZ is also releasing on the cheaper ps3 and other consoles.It's also not filled with a lot of content.It won't sell PS4's since all the versions of the game have been shown. and are being talked about.

TitanFall is also coming to 360, but that's not stopping people from saying it'll give X1 an advantage. It's treated as an exclusive almost.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50563 Posts

PS4 doesn't't need a system seller. That being said, mgs is on like 4-5 platforms, so.....

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

^ Beat me to it. PS4 has had no problems selling. They're eventually going to need a system seller though. Infamous looks good but its not really a "system seller". That will be for bigger games like Uncharted 4 God of War 4 etc.

MGS5 hyped seemed non existent compared to MGS4. Im afraid the series is going downhill. And yes, its a multi plat.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Infamous is a system seller now? lol

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 super600  Moderator

@Sagemode87 said:

@super600 said:

TitanFall is also coming to 360, but that's not stopping people from saying it'll give X1 an advantage. It's treated as an exclusive almost.

All the other versions of MGS have been shown or talked about.The 360 version has not been shown yet for titanfall.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Sagemode87: it hasn't released though. And was heavily advertised on X1. And it's not a 2 hour game

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@gago-gago said:

MGS:GZ is multiplat and Infamous "looks" good but both seem to lack substance and replay value. Not sure if smart consumers and gamers will value these things. I could get a PS4 this month but even with these 2 games coming out, I still don't find the value for a PS4 yet especially when the XO is giving me better gaming values right now.

How is the xbox one giving you better gaming value.?

Yeah those multiplatforms are really giving value to the xbox one..lol

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

PS4 for sure will come out on top in March but on worldwide sales not in US.

US X1 will have a lead imho considering Titanfall AND bundle price AND the new promo code ( somewhere i heard there was i dont know if still is ) . So with all this pushing if by any means PS4 top X1 ... oh boy...

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
@tormentos said:

@gago-gago said:

How is the xbox one giving you better gaming value.?

Yeah those multiplatforms are really giving value to the xbox one..lol

Because has lower graphic power and costs 100$ more let alone 90% of multis play and will play better on PS4 till next-gen.

Im letting aside the fact that Sony delivering the best quantity as well as quality of exclusives every single generation. Doesnt matter if they end up first by far ( PS1/PS2) or having 6 billion loses while ending up dead last. They supporting their systems to MAX under any situation providing great exclusives again and again.

And here a lem talking about ..value because of what really? Titanfall ? A not even exclusive game ? What exactly i dont get it?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@mems_1224 said:

Infamous is a system seller now? lol

http://www.gamestop.com/browse

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Infamous is not a system seller and MGS is multi platform.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

lol infamous? yeah okay nice try....the only reason cows are looking forward to it is because there are no other games to play.

mgs is also a multiplat.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

Neither game is really a system seller. Infamous SS, maybe a little because there's no other big games coming out for the PS4 and everyone has been waiitng for it. So it will move a few systems, but not like Uncharted 4 or say The Last Guardian would. MGSV: GZ is just a prologue demo that you pay for. Similar to GT4 & GT5 prologue, that gamers shelled out money for before the real game came out. I can't see anyone killing themselves to find a PS4 to play MGSV:GZ. I cancelled my preorder once I found out how short the game was, the price and how biased Hideo was with the games platform. Lot of gamers cancelled their orders.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

yeah buddy...you should get up with the news because you are obviously living under a rock, also Infamous Second Son has buzz around the internet even with out the billion dollar ad campaign that MS is pushing for titanfall.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

I doubt either of these games will be system sellers:

1. Infamous Second Son is a downgrade from Infamous 2 (which has more content and brought something new to the series). It kind of baffles me that Sucker Punch didn't expand the user generated content or at least bring in a new idea for Infamous SS.

2. Metal Gear GZ is pretty much a demo

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kinectthedots

@super600 said:

I agree with this, MGS GZ isn't a PS4 system seller, that said even though lemmings have nothing but damage control it's stated, Infamous Second Son is

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 super600  Moderator

@blackace said:

@Sagemode87 said:

Neither game is really a system seller. Infamous SS, maybe a little because there's no other big games coming out for the PS4 and everyone has been waiitng for it. So it will move a few systems, but not like Uncharted 4 or say The Last Guardian would. MGSV: GZ is just a prologue demo that you pay for. Similar to GT4 & GT5 prologue, that gamers shelled out money for before the real game came out. I can't see anyone killing themselves to find a PS4 to play MGSV:GZ. I cancelled my preorder once I found out how short the game was, the price and how biased Hideo was with the games platform. Lot of gamers cancelled their orders.

TLG is a niche game and it won't move ps4's when it is released.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kinectthedots

@heretrix said:

Neither one of those games are system sellers. The Infamous series has a decent fan base, but I doubt many people are buying a PS4 solely to play it.

Also, MGS is a multiplat you twit.

It doesn't matter what you believe or doubt, your comment holds no more weight than someone saying the same about anyone buying a xbox one solely to play an online only game with no single player campaign. Also you realize that since titanfall is a new franchise it doesn't even have a fanbase?

The forced arguments with mental gymnastics by lems to downplay Infamous Second Son is at an all time high. It is easy to point out their desperation when everything they say to down play Infamous could be applied to Titanfall for xbox one in one way or another. Keep trying to convince yourself Infamous wont sell, and hasn't already been selling systems.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

@tormentos: DR3, Peggle 2, Max, Killer Instincts, PvZ:GW, Titanfall, heck even Powerstar Golf has more replay value than Knack and Killzone. Plus half of these games are being shared with me, hence better gaming value for me. Now when PS4 gets better games thats when I'll pull the trigger. But so far Knack and Killzone and Infamous isn't enough to sway my purchase right now. When the PS4 get better games, thats the time but right now System Wars is more fun than the PS4, thats why we see more Sony fans on here.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kinectthedots

@Sagemode87 said:

@super600 said:

lol, thanx, I am glad I am not the only one to point out the jedi mind trick by lems in arguments.

However with MGS GZ since it is not exclusive to playstation platforms it is not a system seller for PS4, people will simply buy the game because it's avalible.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Both Great Games. But real system sellers are less hardcore type of games. Little Big Planet has a better shot at moving more Units, especially if they bundle that shit with two controllers. Sackboy shouldve been the official Play Station Mascot.

You can't deny this.

But I get that you're being more realistic so... Infamous will move units but it is not a system seller. Just wait until something everyone can play and enjoy.

Meanwhile Microsoft are working on Kinect Sports Rivals. And thats definately going to be bundled, like long term bundled. Its a much better move for selling systems long and short term.

As for Nintendo.... Well..... Casuals already have the Wii. But a Price reduction might sway a few undecided gamers out there.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kinectthedots

@BigBadBully said:

I doubt either of these games will be system sellers:

1. Infamous Second Son is a downgrade from Infamous 2 (which has more content and brought something new to the series). It kind of baffles me that Sucker Punch didn't expand the user generated content or at least bring in a new idea for Infamous SS.

About point 1:

Titanfall on xbox one is 792p, with 7v7 mp, has massive screen tearing, frame rate problems and no single player campaign at all.

Let's not talk about downgrades when it comes to a game being a system seller because Titanfall for xbox one doesn't fit the bill for expanding or offering anything impressive at all as far as games go.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

@kinectthedots: Titanfall is the first release in the series and scored pretty good. If Titanfall 2 doesn't expand upon Titanfall you'll have a valid arguement. Infamouse SS is the third game in the series and yet faulters in bringing in anything fresh (thats what will bring this game down). If Infamous SS was the first game then it would be a different story.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kinectthedots

@BigBadBully said:

@kinectthedots: Titanfall is the first release in the series and scored pretty good. If Titanfall 2 doesn't expand upon Titanfall you'll have a valid arguement. Infamouse SS is the third game in the series and yet faulters in bringing in anything fresh (thats what will bring this game down). If Infamous SS was the first game then it would be a different story.

My point was your argument holds no weight based off of things you think a game does or doesn't have in relationship to being a system seller.

Xbox one is a next gen console and all of the things I pointed out could be used to argue why titanfall shouldn't be a system seller based off current games on the market or last generation standards, yet those things obviously don't determine what makes a game a system seller.

Edit:

Another example is Dark Souls, It was a step back from Demon's souls with the whole soul and world tendency aspect of the game being nurfed in Dark Souls, but it made the game easier to grasp for some people and sold more (not saying it sold a specific console but it became a huge seller for all platforms and had petitions being made to be able to play the game) despite the previous game offering a deeper aspect of gameplay.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By super600  Moderator

@kinectthedots said:

@Sagemode87 said:

@super600 said:

lol, thanx, I am glad I am not the only one to point out the jedi mind trick by lems in arguments.

However with MGS GZ since it is not exclusive to playstation platforms it is not a system seller for PS4, people will simply buy the game because it's avalible.

The difference between both games is that the 360 version of titanfall has not really been shown or advertised much.All versions of MGS GZ have actually been shown and all versions may be advertised.We shouldn't really talked about titanfall that much since all discussion about that game should go in the sticky.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

@heretrix said:

is a multiplat you twit.

So is Titanfall, didn't stop lems from calling it a system seller. Metal Gear is synonymous with PS at this point.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kinectthedots

@super600 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Sagemode87 said:

@super600 said:

The difference between both games is that the 360 version of titanfall has not really been shown or advertised much.All versions of MGS GZ have actually been shown and all versions may be advertised.

Well I am not arguing for MGS GZ as a system seller for PS4 so it doesn't matter. I believe you were on point when you said it wan't a system seller for PS4...that doesn't change the fact that Sagemode87 also made a good point.

Avatar image for khaloudakabooba
khaloudakabooba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 khaloudakabooba
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

bonjour tout le monde, la ps4 est effectivement une console plus puissante que la xbox one mais il faut quand meme admettre que la xbox one a bien plus de jeu et plus de jeux a venir. je trouve sa franchement bizarre que les fan de ps4 pretendent que les ventes sont importantes. je ne voix pas comment cela peux affecter l'experience final du joueur. jai remaruqer que la majorite des fans de ps4 ne font que paler des ventes alors que les fans de xbox font que parler des jeux a venir! jai pas acheter ma ps4 pour savoir que jen ai une comme le reste du monde. franchement sa fais tout simplement pas de sens. jai acheter ma ps4 pour jouer a des jeux! infamous a lair vraiment cool mais pas du niveau de halo ou gears of war... voila pourquoi jai echanger ma ps4 pour une xbox one, cest grace aux fans de ps4 et de xbox sur gamespot. merci a tous!

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kinectthedots

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@heretrix said:

is a multiplat you twit.

So is Titanfall, didn't stop lems from calling it a system seller. Metal Gear is synonymous with PS at this point.

ZING..lol. It's lem mental gymnastics at it's finest.

They can't seem to make arguments to criticize PS4 and it's games without owning themselves for things they ignore and hype for games on xbox one.

nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

when the last time infamous hit blockbuster ??

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@heretrix said:

is a multiplat you twit.

ZING..lol. It's lem mental gymnastics at it's finest.

They can't seem to make arguments to criticize PS4 and it's games without owning themselves for things they ignore and hype for games on xbox one.

Oh shut up with the whole lemming bullshit. I couldn't care less about either console. Have you ever seen me hype any X1 games? I have no problem sticking with my current combo of a PS3 and a PC.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

This might sound weird, but I don't know if the PS4 can really handle a system seller right now. It seems to be supply constrained as it is.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Ground Zero is not a true MGSV, but Phantom Pain is which will be released in 2015. Ground Zero is just a 2-hour overpriced dlc-quality prequel.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#50 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

inFamous is a system seller?