PS3 getting more love, Xbox 360 getting more hate

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sihanouk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sihanouk
Member since 2008 • 601 Posts

Since the beginning of 2008, sales data all over the world has been confirming that the PS3 has been getting more love than the 360. But the press hasn't really noticed the PS3's ascendance. Now, as the holiday approaches, the press is starting to see the PS3 and 360 for what they are, and the PS3 is getting more love while the 360 is getting more hate.

TechRadar: "The PS3 is a brilliant, brilliant games console that will only get better over time." http://www.techradar.com/products/gaming/consoles/sony-playstation3-80gb-445789/review?artc_pg=1

TheAge.com.au: "Meanwhile, I expect PS3's momentum to continue to grow, largely at the expense of the Xbox 360's market share." http://blogs.theage.com.au/screenplay/archives//010210.html

Cnet: "To make matters worse, the big lead Microsoft had over Sony in the third-party sphere is practically eliminated and it doesn't look like Nintendo will slow down anytime soon, nor will the Xbox 360 become a force in Asia." http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10018941-17.html?tag=bl

Ars Technica (A few days old) : Xbox 360's "problems are real, getting worse, and starting to show up in the sales numbers." http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080817-microsoft.html

And so, the 360 now has the least cool factor. The press is starting to praise the PS3 and harp on the 360's problems. With RROD not fixed and the 3 year warranty ending, I see the 360 having the worst holiday among the 3 major consoles.

JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts

So from here on out, it only gets better :)

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts
True, PS3 will win again (wii will be first of course...in its own casual market) and Xbox will LOSE AGAIN;
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Coyo7e
Member since 2005 • 3672 Posts
Toppling the Sony PS power house (with ninty's help) is nothing but pure win for MS this generation. The ps3 will never dominate like the ps2 did. The door is now open for MS, they are no long the under dogs.
GabeNewellsPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GabeNewellsPie
Member since 2008 • 1147 Posts
The problem with all that is the fact that Sony has lost a huge amount of Market-share this gen,while MS has gained some.As long as that happens each gen then MS are happy,they're in this for the long haul.
knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 knight-k

Toppling the Sony PS power house (with ninty's help) is nothing but pure win for MS this generation. The ps3 will never dominate like the ps2 did. The door is now open for MS, they are no long the under dogs.Coyo7e

But Xbox will LOSE AGAIN, you may quote me on that.

And this is not hard to predict that 360 will lose, RROD, better PS3 sales worldwide, better upcoming games,...

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45309 Posts

I think the love was always there.

AtrumRegina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AtrumRegina
Member since 2008 • 1584 Posts

True, PS3 will win again (wii will be first of course...in its own casual market) and Xbox will LOSE AGAIN;knight-k

Xbox was second last gen . gamecube was last.

360 has almost all of PS3's 3rd party exclusives.

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Stonin
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

Cool, now give me some decent games that last more than 7 hours and aren't MGS4.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 knight-k

[QUOTE="knight-k"]True, PS3 will win again (wii will be first of course...in its own casual market) and Xbox will LOSE AGAIN;AtrumRegina

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

Playstation 2 won and Xbox lost.=FACT

Like I said XBOX will LOSE AGAIN.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
Cool factor? I guess trix I mean SW is for kids.
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#12 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
its the calm before the strom to be honest. ps3 has nowhere to go but up. which it will do. microsoft doens't even need to pump any games out until gears comes out. that game alone will sell sell sell whatever they are gonna advertise.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
MS realy hasn't taken advantage of the lead it had infact I reckon 360 would have been more of a threat if MS took more type fixing the console and hardware, instead of coming out early, sure it took some games from PS3 but they are few and far between.
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

Best is always most hated

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
TC must be right--he qouted four articles. :P
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
[QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

[QUOTE="knight-k"]True, PS3 will win again (wii will be first of course...in its own casual market) and Xbox will LOSE AGAIN;knight-k

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

And now, since PS3 fans have given up hope of the PS3 ever catching the Wii, second place is the new first.

Gotta love that logic. :roll:

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#17 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

Kudos - something practically unprecidented in SW and that is solid evidence to back up your claims so you have proof they are true.

Something almost never seen and often called for here - "where is the proof"

You have shown it - and it is something I long believed.

The scads of 360 threads make a lot of wild claims but never back them up because there is no evidence to back up something wild or unfounded - especially something as ridiculous as the 360 being better than the PS3:lol:

Yeah he quoted "four" things - I have yet to see any of you 360 supporters able to qoute anything to back up the Microsoft "position"

So as far as having credible evidence to support to back a position the TC is ahead 4-0.

FFXIII360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FFXIII360
Member since 2008 • 988 Posts
Europe and Japan can't afford the PS3 and us Americans love the 360:D
knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 knight-k
[QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

[QUOTE="knight-k"]True, PS3 will win again (wii will be first of course...in its own casual market) and Xbox will LOSE AGAIN;The_Game21x

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

And now, since PS3 fans have given up hope of the PS3 ever catching the Wii, second place is the new first.

Am I not right if I say Nintendo's wii is focused at Casuals?

And the logic is that 360 will be last this gen. That's logic.

deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts

Kudos - something practically unprecidented in SW and that is solid evidence to back up your claims so you have proof they are true.

The scads of 360 threads make a lot of wild claims but never back them up because there is no evidence to back up something wild or unfounded - especially something as ridiculous as the 360 being better than the PS3:lol:

iowastate

All that I have to do to prove the 360 is better is direct you to the the thread with number of a,aa,and aaa games on each system. That thread isn't subjective, like the ones the TC supplied.

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 iowastate

Until you provide links to some solid evidence you haven't "proved" a damn thing just made more unsubsantiated claims like all other microsoft fanboys.

deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deangallop
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

[QUOTE="knight-k"]True, PS3 will win again (wii will be first of course...in its own casual market) and Xbox will LOSE AGAIN;knight-k

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

You said Xbox lost and it got second place.

Using your own logic PS3 loses this gen because it will only place second (at best).

I don't know why I should care about your definition of winning the console wars and losing anyway you don't even take games into account.

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 iowastate

mingo123

Nope - best is best.

Don't hate us cuz we are good.

Enjoy the PS3 because it is a lot of fun.

deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deangallop

Until you provide links to some solid evidence you haven't "proved" a damn thing just made more unsubsantiated claims like all other microsoft fanboys.

iowastate

Go to the system wars board front page look at the stickies because it's right there. Left click the thread to enter, read, and then cry yourself to sleep.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

It doesn't matter who it is focused on, it is still a console and it is beating both the PS3 and the 360 in sales. So because it is more focused on casuals as you say, it cancels out as a console? :|

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#26 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

knight-k

No you wouldn't be wrong to say that the Nintendo Wii is focused at casual gamers but you would be wrong if you mean to say it's not competing with the Xbox 360 and PS3 because it is.

As far as the Xbox 360 being "last" this gen, that's an assumption, an assumption that you cannot prove until the PS3 has actually overtaken the Xbox 360. I don't want to hear that "it's going to happen" or that it's "inevitable". I'll believe that when I see it.

Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Coyo7e

[QUOTE="Coyo7e"]Toppling the Sony PS power house (with ninty's help) is nothing but pure win for MS this generation. The ps3 will never dominate like the ps2 did. The door is now open for MS, they are no long the under dogs.knight-k

But Xbox will LOSE AGAIN, you may quote me on that.

And this is not hard to predict that 360 will lose, RROD, better PS3 sales worldwide, better upcoming games,...

Your totally missing the point. The very fact that there are people like you making threads like this is all the evidence you need that Sony is not what it used to be.

The 360 has better games coming up, too.

It has totally stolen Sony's thunder with it's second console and only seven years in the game. I love my ps3 but it just can't hang with the 360 in terms of games at this point.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
[QUOTE="mingo123"]

iowastate

Nope - best is best.

Don't hate us cuz we are good.

Enjoy the PS3 because it is a lot of fun.

No he has some logic to what he says, but I don't hate the PS3 because it is good, I dislike it because none of its games reall appeal to me and the fact that I really don't know anyone who owns one to enjoy the online play.

deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deangallop
[QUOTE="deangallop"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"][QUOTE="knight-k"]

knight-k

You said Xbox lost and it got second place.

Using your own logic PS3 loses this gen because it will only place second (at best).

I don't know why I should care about your definition of winning the console wars and losing anyway you don't even take games into account.

Who cares, Xbox will be LAST this gen. You can Quote me on that.

Last in sales, big whoop.

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

knight-k

lol, i can see how it must be easy to confuse the words lose and last; they are quite long.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Europe and Japan can't afford the PS3 and us Americans love the 360:DFFXIII360

LOL WUT?

Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Coyo7e
[QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

The_Game21x

No you wouldn't be wrong to say that the Nintendo Wii is focused at casual gamers but you would be wrong if you mean to say it's not competing with the Xbox 360 and PS3 because it is.

As far as the Xbox 360 being "last" this gen, that's an assumption, an assumption that you cannot prove until the PS3 has actually overtaken the Xbox 360. I don't want to hear that "it's going to happen" or that it's "inevitable". I'll believe that when I see it.

It really is not. If either the ps3 or 360 did not exist the one that did would likely sell more then the Wii. It is a console but going for a totally different market.

MS is not foolish they know the brand power Sony has with the PS. They are accomplishing their objectives this generation.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

its the calm before the strom to be honest. ps3 has nowhere to go but up. which it will do. microsoft doens't even need to pump any games out until gears comes out. that game alone will sell sell sell whatever they are gonna advertise.ocdog45

if youre gonna buy gears 2 chances are u already have a 360. its why resistance 2 wont shift much ps3 s.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

Since the beginning of 2008, sales data all over the world has been confirming that the PS3 has been getting more love than the 360. But the press hasn't really noticed the PS3's ascendance. Now, as the holiday approaches, the press is starting to see the PS3 and 360 for what they are, and the PS3 is getting more love while the 360 is getting more hate.

TechRadar: "The PS3 is a brilliant, brilliant games console that will only get better over time." http://www.techradar.com/products/gaming/consoles/sony-playstation3-80gb-445789/review?artc_pg=1

TheAge.com.au: "Meanwhile, I expect PS3's momentum to continue to grow, largely at the expense of the Xbox 360's market share." http://blogs.theage.com.au/screenplay/archives//010210.html

Cnet: "To make matters worse, the big lead Microsoft had over Sony in the third-party sphere is practically eliminated and it doesn't look like Nintendo will slow down anytime soon, nor will the Xbox 360 become a force in Asia." http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10018941-17.html?tag=bl

Ars Technica (A few days old) : Xbox 360's "problems are real, getting worse, and starting to show up in the sales numbers." http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080817-microsoft.html

And so, the 360 now has the least cool factor. The press is starting to praise the PS3 and harp on the 360's problems. With RROD not fixed and the 3 year warranty ending, I see the 360 having the worst holiday among the 3 major consoles.

Sihanouk

Its called bandwagon jumping, the media had fun last year using only NPD to judge the SW but when the official numbers were released by Sony and MS it showed that during the year of 07 while everyone was dooming the PS3 it actually outsold the 360. Now they realize that the World is more important then one region and to top it off just like all consoles, it doesnt show off its moster library in one year, they gradually trickle out and now the impatient media are getting solid PS3 exclusives and more announced.

FFXIII360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FFXIII360

[QUOTE="FFXIII360"]Europe and Japan can't afford the PS3 and us Americans love the 360:Dkillerfist

LOL WUT?

I donate money to poor people overseas in Japan and in Europe

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 knight-k
[QUOTE="knight-k"]

marklarmer

lol, i can see how it must be easy to confuse the words lose and last; they are quite long.

Who cares 360 will be LAST or LOSE AGAIN. Doesn't matter how you say it, it's the same.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 killerfist
[QUOTE="killerfist"]

[QUOTE="FFXIII360"]Europe and Japan can't afford the PS3 and us Americans love the 360:DFFXIII360

LOL WUT?

lol hope you're joking

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

who cares 360 still has the best games and everybody knows thats all that matters

and so many great games still to come

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 knight-k
[QUOTE="killerfist"]

[QUOTE="FFXIII360"]Europe and Japan can't afford the PS3 and us Americans love the 360:DFFXIII360

LOL WUT?

LMFAO, are you joking?

Japan and (Western) Europe have a better economy, better living standard than the US.

deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deangallop
[QUOTE="marklarmer"][QUOTE="knight-k"]

knight-k

Who cares 360 will be LAST or LOSE AGAIN. Doesn't matter how you say it, it's the same.

By your own logic the Ps3 is going to lose this gen.

Xbox got second last gen PS3 is getting second this gen, see the co-relation.

FFXIII360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FFXIII360
[QUOTE="FFXIII360"][QUOTE="killerfist"]

[QUOTE="FFXIII360"]Europe and Japan can't afford the PS3 and us Americans love the 360:Dkillerfist

LOL WUT?

lol hope you're joking

No, people on this board think that the Japanese have it well off but they work for cheap labor and nothing going on in Europe so as a well off American I find it my duty to help the poor around the world

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 knight-k
[QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="marklarmer"][QUOTE="knight-k"]

deangallop

By your own logic the Ps3 is going to lose this gen.

Xbox got second last gen PS3 is getting second this gen, see the co-relation.

But this gen is different that the previous one. Now we have 2 consoles fitghting for hardcore gamers and 1 fighting for the casual market. In the previous gen we had 3 consoles fighting for hardcore gamers.

You see, but of course there are still 3 consoles...but it's a lilltle different this gen.

ANyway 360 will BE LAST.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

Yeah he quoted "four" things - I have yet to see any of you 360 supporters able to qoute anything to back up the Microsoft "position"

So as far as having credible evidence to support to back a position the TC is ahead 4-0.

iowastate

You know what's funny? If I said back in may of 05 that cows would be bragging in mid 2008 about slowly catching up to second place(and maybe not even catching up until after the next gen of consoles is out)to a machine that has been plagued by hardware problems. Cows would have called that a huge loss, but now it's a huge win? Back then being behind the 360 was inconceivable to them, now taking 3 years at the least to catch up is the win? Lowered expectations FTW!

While I'm not going to bother to get teh actual links here's your links to counter the four opinion pieces of the OP.

1. Lifetime hardware sales

2. Lifetime software sales

3. Lifetime library ratings(specifically number of games rated 7 out of 10 or better)

4. Marketshare % from last gen to this gen.

Regardless of anything else, I bought a games console to you know PLAY GAMES. The 360 is far and away the leader when it comes to that catagory.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 knight-k
[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="FFXIII360"][QUOTE="killerfist"]

LOL WUT?

lol hope you're joking

No, people on this board think that the Japanese have it well off but they work for cheap labor and nothing going on in Europe so as a well off American I find it my duty to help the poor around the world

As a well off European I find it my duty to help the poor of mind around the world.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 killerfist

FFXIII360

meh..whatever

you fail @ the funnay

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

360 will continue to dominate in the games department stealing any good third party PS3 exclusive it wants while getting all kinds PC/360 only games making the 360's games catalogue bigger and better then PS3

hey cows hows it feel to always be the ones to get games late this gen or not even get them at all

like i said games is all that matters no real gamer cares about how much money sony makes

Ryoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ryoco
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts
The more hated the more feared. That is why everyone hates the best selling console this gen, the wii. While PS3 hardare sales are getting slightly better, their software sales are horrible.
FFXIII360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FFXIII360
[QUOTE="FFXIII360"]

killerfist

meh..whatever

you fail @ the funnay

Check my sig if you would like to help as well - god bless you!