PS3 getting more love, Xbox 360 getting more hate

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#51 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

But this gen is different that the previous one. Now we have 2 consoles fitghting for hardcore gamers and 1 fighting for the casual market. In the previous gen we had 3 consoles fighting for hardcore gamers.

You see, but of course there are still 3 consoles...but it's a lilltle different this gen.

ANyway 360 will BE LAST.

knight-k

No, it isn't different. The Wii is competing in the same arena as the PS3 and Xbox 360. You can't just say it's not competing with the Xbox 360 and PS3 because Nintendo flipped the script and went after casual gamers IN ADDITION TO (albeit, skewed far more towards the casual market) the hardcore. So, even if the PS3 does pass the Xbox 360, it will still be in second behind the Wii.

Anyways, it remains to be seen if the PS3 will catch the Xbox 360 and as it stands now, it's still in last place. I'd wait until the PS3 actually does surpass the Xbox 360 before going on all these PS3 victory rants...

jlh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 jlh47
Member since 2007 • 3326 Posts
[QUOTE="mingo123"]

Best is always most hated

iowastate

Nope - best is best.

Don't hate us cuz we are good.

Enjoy the PS3 because it is a lot of fun.

yeah i'm really enjoying my blu-ray player and all.... the... great... exclusives....

i'm sorry but until the ps3 puts out jus ONE please just ONE exclusive RPG then i'll be a little bit happy...

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts
[QUOTE="Sihanouk"]

Since the beginning of 2008, sales data all over the world has been confirming that the PS3 has been getting more love than the 360. But the press hasn't really noticed the PS3's ascendance. Now, as the holiday approaches, the press is starting to see the PS3 and 360 for what they are, and the PS3 is getting more love while the 360 is getting more hate.

TechRadar: "The PS3 is a brilliant, brilliant games console that will only get better over time." http://www.techradar.com/products/gaming/consoles/sony-playstation3-80gb-445789/review?artc_pg=1

TheAge.com.au: "Meanwhile, I expect PS3's momentum to continue to grow, largely at the expense of the Xbox 360's market share." http://blogs.theage.com.au/screenplay/archives//010210.html

Cnet: "To make matters worse, the big lead Microsoft had over Sony in the third-party sphere is practically eliminated and it doesn't look like Nintendo will slow down anytime soon, nor will the Xbox 360 become a force in Asia." http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10018941-17.html?tag=bl

Ars Technica (A few days old) : Xbox 360's "problems are real, getting worse, and starting to show up in the sales numbers." http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080817-microsoft.html

And so, the 360 now has the least cool factor. The press is starting to praise the PS3 and harp on the 360's problems. With RROD not fixed and the 3 year warranty ending, I see the 360 having the worst holiday among the 3 major consoles.

Javy03

Its called bandwagon jumping, the media had fun last year using only NPD to judge the SW but when the official numbers were released by Sony and MS it showed that during the year of 07 while everyone was dooming the PS3 it actually outsold the 360. Now they realize that the World is more important then one region and to top it off just like all consoles, it doesnt show off its moster library in one year, they gradually trickle out and now the impatient media are getting solid PS3 exclusives and more announced.

I guess it has nothing to do with the fact that MS releases its big titles in the second half of the year now does it? The 360 had a better library in 05(obviously), 06(obviously), 07, and probably 08 when all is said and done(banjo, fable 2, GeOW2). If you cherry pick a timeframe(ie first half of 08) then the PS3 wins because of a single game...just like every year cows claim the PS3 library for a future year will be better before MS announces its titles for that year, cows now claim to have a better year before MS releases its heavy hitters for that year.
jackvegas21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 jackvegas21
Member since 2007 • 3157 Posts
TC is right. My PS3 gets alot of love from dust mites.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#55 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts
[QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

[QUOTE="knight-k"]True, PS3 will win again (wii will be first of course...in its own casual market) and Xbox will LOSE AGAIN;knight-k

Xbox was second last gen . gamecube was last.

360 has almost all of PS3's 3rd party exclusives.

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

Playstation 2 won and Xbox lost.=FACT

Like I said XBOX will LOSE AGAIN.

How can ppl still believe that PS3 will be as popular as PS2?

MS will win...this gen or the next one ;)

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

even with the slow year xbox is barely losing this year

wasnt it something like

1.7 million PS3's sold

1.5 millions 360's sold

and the price cut hasnt even taken effect yet not to mention Gears 2 is without question the biggest system seller on any console this holiday season, the year isnt over cows and your lead is very slim

Avatar image for Millennium_King
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Millennium_King
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
Judging from software sales, people are buying the PS3 as a blu ray player. PS3 owners don't buy games.
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

I guess it has nothing to do with the fact that MS releases its big titles in the second half of the year now does it? The 360 had a better library in 05(obviously), 06(obviously), 07, and probably 08 when all is said and done(banjo, fable 2, GeOW2). If you cherry pick a timeframe(ie first half of 08) then the PS3 wins because of a single game...just like every year cows claim the PS3 library for a future year will be better before MS announces its titles for that year, cows now claim to have a better year before MS releases its heavy hitters for that year.Steppy_76

All consoles release most of their big games in the fall, what made the 360 take 05, GEOW, and what made it take 07, Halo, Bioshock ( mulitplat) , and Mass Effect (multiplat). And what are supppossed to be the games that push it ahead this time....Fable 2, GEOW 2, not Too Human??

Good games are subjective and both games share alot of its library so it comes down to personal opinions for exclusives and so far while gamers have had both options available they have chosen the PS3.

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
I'm sorry to say but we hardcore sony fans knew this would happen. We were saying it last year but then the MS fanboys were rubbing it in and couldn't see past their own noses. Sony started slow but has begun to pick up steam after the intial sticker shock and slow development but now the ps3 has more hyped future exclusives and finally has a good catalogue (not as strong as 360's as of yet) but we can all see which way the tide is turning. The wii is on another planet and doesn't really factor much into this equation besides preventing sony their previous empire. I gotta give it to MS, they have been great competition that benefits the gamer and have started to crave a place out for themselves but made many foolish decisions along the way. MS right now has a big 1st party problem in that they have hardly any game studios and therefore must really on doling out huge checks and what not to play catch up by making everything multiplatform (i.e. stealing former ps exclusives even though those games are still on ps3). I knew MS had serious problem when two of four E3 demos were multiplatforms and their big announcement was a multiplatform game. MS needs to create its own identity and to do that it needs 1st party studios.
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Javy03

wasnt it something like

1.7 million PS3's sold

1.5 millions 360's sold

and the price cut hasnt even taken effect yet not to mention Gears 2 is without question the biggest system seller on any console this holiday season, the year isnt over cows and your lead is very slim

johnnyblazed88

GEOW was maybe a system seller but what makes you think people have been waiting to pick up a 360 for GEOW 2? If they are that huge of a fan to spend 300-400 dollars on a system for that game wouldnt they have already picked one up for GEOW?

And I highly doubt those are those number WORLDWIDE. which is what matters.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Javy03

Judging from software sales, people are buying the PS3 as a blu ray player. PS3 owners don't buy games. Millennium_King

Old myth, many solid PS3 exclusives and multiplats have boken the 1 million mark. The attach ratio is the same as the Wii and 360 when it was the same age 5-1.

What you have to take in account is unlike the 360 it doesnt have most of its fanbase in ONE region meaning alot more variety in taste.

Avatar image for Millennium_King
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Millennium_King
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts

[QUOTE="Millennium_King"]Judging from software sales, people are buying the PS3 as a blu ray player. PS3 owners don't buy games. Javy03

Old myth, many solid PS3 exclusives and multiplats have boken the 1 million mark. The attach ratio is the same as the Wii and 360 when it was the same age 5-1.

What you have to take in account is unlike the 360 it doesnt have most of its fanbase in ONE region meaning alot more variety in taste.

Look at sales for GTAIV, Gears of War and Halo 3 on the 360. Now look at sales for Resistance, GTAIV and MGS4 on the PS3. Yeah, PS3 owners buy games. :lol:

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts
[QUOTE="johnnyblazed88"]

wasnt it something like

1.7 million PS3's sold

1.5 millions 360's sold

Javy03

GEOW was maybe a system seller but what makes you think people have been waiting to pick up a 360 for GEOW 2? If they are that huge of a fan to spend 300-400 dollars on a system for that game wouldnt they have already picked one up for GEOW?

And I highly doubt those are those number WORLDWIDE. which is what matters.

I know a couple people that are waiting on the price drop and Gears 2 to get 360

I garuntee you Gears 2 and a 360 will be on alot of peoples christmas list and with PS3 400$ price tag parents will not be picking it over the 200-300$ 360's

Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Coyo7e
Member since 2005 • 3672 Posts

[QUOTE="Millennium_King"]Judging from software sales, people are buying the PS3 as a blu ray player. PS3 owners don't buy games. Javy03

It is obvious you care nothing for truth over myth though you suggest otherwise.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts
[QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

[QUOTE="knight-k"]True, PS3 will win again (wii will be first of course...in its own casual market) and Xbox will LOSE AGAIN;PAL360

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

I never said PS3 will be as popular as PS2.

And You say MS will win this gen, I say MS will be LAST this gen. So we will see who is right in a couple of years.

lvgaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 lvgaming
Member since 2006 • 739 Posts
Still don't understand this "I am a gamer, but bash games on other systems" lol. Just buy both systems and enjoy the games they both offer.
metalgear-s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 metalgear-s
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts
It's the logical way of things to go. The PS3 was always going to rise. The PS3s library will be unmatched.
jlh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jlh47
[QUOTE="PAL360"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

[QUOTE="knight-k"]True, PS3 will win again (wii will be first of course...in its own casual market) and Xbox will LOSE AGAIN;knight-k

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

And You say MS will win this gen, I say MS will be LAST this gen. So we will see who is right in a couple of years.

at the rate the ps3 is catching up, the new box will be out...

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 knight-k
[QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="PAL360"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

[QUOTE="knight-k"]True, PS3 will win again (wii will be first of course...in its own casual market) and Xbox will LOSE AGAIN;jlh47

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

If that's true I can only say 360 owners LOSE.

Buy hey this gen is FAR from over we'll see. But I say 360 will be last this gen.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Steppy_76
[QUOTE="jlh47"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="PAL360"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

Buy hey this gen is FAR from over we'll see. But I say 360 will be last this gen.

Did PS2 owners "lose" when the PS3 came out? This generation is half over(and that's if MS goes with a 6 year console).
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Most of the information in those articles are opinions, not facts.

This statement in one of the articles says it all. The XBox 360 is selling better then the original XBox. More consumers are jumping on board. I don't think the PS3 is selling any faster then the PS2 sold. The PS2 definitely had more software by now then what the PS3 has. No doubt the PS3 is doing much better, but it did so poorly from the start that it could only get better for the PS3 over time.

"But PS3, Wii and 360 are all selling dramatically faster than their predecessors, and Wii in particular is attracting many new (or previously jaded) consumers to invest in a machine. "

jlh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 jlh47
[QUOTE="jlh47"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="PAL360"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

the next xbox is due out in 11 or 12. at the rate the ps3 is catching up it'll take roughly 5 years for it to catch up.. the new xbox will be out.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 knight-k
[QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="jlh47"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="PAL360"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

[QUOTE="knight-k"]True, PS3 will win again (wii will be first of course...in its own casual market) and Xbox will LOSE AGAIN;Steppy_76

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

Did PS2 owners "lose" when the PS3 came out? This generation is half over(and that's if MS goes with a 6 year console).

PS2 owners did not 'lose' when PS3 came out...why? Because PS2 was and is still supported and gets new games (like 2 new shin megami tensei rpg's) And the Xbox HAD ZERO support when 360 came out...it'll be the same if MS launches a new console.

SO if 360 has a short life its a LOSS for 360 owners.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 knight-k
[QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="jlh47"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="PAL360"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

[QUOTE="knight-k"]True, PS3 will win again (wii will be first of course...in its own casual market) and Xbox will LOSE AGAIN;jlh47

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

the next xbox is due out in 11 or 12. at the rate the ps3 is catching up it'll take roughly 5 years for it to catch up.. the new xbox will be out.

You work at Microsoft?

But hey I'll just say WAIT untill this gen is over, We'll see if 360 will be last like I said.

jlh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 jlh47
[QUOTE="Steppy_76"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="jlh47"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="PAL360"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

PS2 owners did not 'lose' when PS3 came out...why? Because PS2 was and is still supported and gets new games (like 2 new shin megami tensei rpg's) And the Xbox HAD ZERO support when 360 came out...it'll be the same if MS launches a new console.

they still supported the xbox for almost an entire year after the 360 came out.

that's not too long but there were extenuating circumstances that caused them not to continue.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 knight-k
[QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="Steppy_76"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="jlh47"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="PAL360"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

they still supported the xbox for almost an entire year after the 360 came out.

that's not too long but there were extenuating circumstances that caused them not to continue.

That's true, MS lost SO MUCH money with the first Xbox that they had to stop support early.

Mavrickkal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Mavrickkal
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts
[QUOTE="deangallop"][QUOTE="knight-k"][QUOTE="marklarmer"][QUOTE="knight-k"]

Who cares, Xbox will be LAST this gen. You can Quote me on that.

knight-k

lol, i can see how it must be easy to confuse the words lose and last; they are quite long.

Who cares 360 will be LAST or LOSE AGAIN. Doesn't matter how you say it, it's the same.

By your own logic the Ps3 is going to lose this gen.

Xbox got second last gen PS3 is getting second this gen, see the co-relation.

But this gen is different that the previous one. Now we have 2 consoles fitghting for hardcore gamers and 1 fighting for the casual market. In the previous gen we had 3 consoles fighting for hardcore gamers.

You see, but of course there are still 3 consoles...but it's a lilltle different this gen.

ANyway 360 will BE LAST.

Just wanna correct you, The wii isn't fighting for the casual market it "IS" the casual market. The wii is the pimp and the casual market is the ho (Don't know if I can say that if not my apologize).

Wii: "Go out there and make daddy some money. Show em your new 1:1 trick"

CM:"Ok daddy."

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Steppy_76

knight-k
Except the 360 is profitable and there is NO reason to cut it's support when a new Xbox comes out....the 360 will be their cash cow just like sony's older systems were when new systems come out. The 360 is in a completely different situation than the xbox was. If you think the 360 will be dropped like the xbox was it shows you have no understanding of the topic.
masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

It's pretty hard to hate on all 51 360 games I have...yea your right...the freaking 360 sucks..

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

[QUOTE="knight-k"]True, PS3 will win again (wii will be first of course...in its own casual market) and Xbox will LOSE AGAIN;AtrumRegina

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

You misinterpreted his post.

He meant that the Xbox360 will lose compared to the PS3.

jbc7343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 jbc7343
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts

To all the 360 fanboys who think that saying "we got better games and more on the way" is a way of making the 360 look better is sadly mistakened. please take a look at the exclusives for 360 being released for this holiday season. oh wow what is that? only one? yeah, GoW 2. That's gonna be your biggest f'n flop of this generation.

Even when you babies say "we're taking all your exclusives away" the only thing that comes to mind is fine. have our sloppy seconds. The exclusives we lost weren't great games anyway (yes i'm including FF13, Versus will be so much better!!!)

If Too Human is any indication of the exclusives you guys will have, I say keep them, we don't need the garbage.

Thank you and have a good day.

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
not really, more no name critic ppls or w/e have been saying pro ps3 things and people haven't really said anything about the 360.
GabeNewellsPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 GabeNewellsPie
Member since 2008 • 1147 Posts
[QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

[QUOTE="knight-k"]True, PS3 will win again (wii will be first of course...in its own casual market) and Xbox will LOSE AGAIN;verbtex

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

You misinterpreted his post.

He meant that the Xbox360 will lose compared to the PS3.

Not in the games department it won't .i.e Where it matters to us gamers.

The 360's software lineup is still superior to the PS3's and that doesn't look to be changing anytime soon.

Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#87 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts

Cool, now give me some decent games that last more than 7 hours and aren't MGS4.

Stonin
It's been a proven fact, MGS4 can be beaten in under 5 hours.
sparkypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#88 sparkypants
Member since 2007 • 2609 Posts
Isnt it funny how things change in a year. I still remember all the "PS3 doomed to be the next Dreamcast" threads.
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

One thing I'm proud of is that I have both consoles, and I won't have to justify my purchase and strain myself over folks in a forum.

Anywho, both are getting love. I see no hate going for the 360 from critics, excluding the fanboys of course. I only see worries :)

AAAE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 AAAE
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

When you go from completely dominating the market to having to share it with two others, you are the true loser.

farrell2k

How so? For one, the Wii is dominating everybody, and no one saw it coming. It's a phenomenon, and no other console has ever seen that kind of success. And the 360 launched a year sooner than the PS3 and MS has bought alot of exclusives this gen. It would be sad if Sony wasnt sharing the market after it's $600 price tag... which still managed to outsell the 360 in 2007.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#94 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

So the 3 year warranty for not getting your xbox fixed due to RROD begins from the moment the first 360 was put onto the market and not from the moment the product is purchased?

IF it doesn't, and I know it doesn't, I have no clue why people argueing against the console continue to say "Well since the three year warranty is ending..."

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts
[QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

The devs love the 360.

360 games sell more.

Keep dreamin'

TheRealMC01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TheRealMC01
Member since 2007 • 995 Posts
I'm sure it's hard for the TC to make threads like this, only to see ones like this: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169439
dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#97 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
I think one of the main causes is definitely the infamous RRoD.
X360's reliability is just horrifying.
If M$ doesn't solve this with the new Jasper model,
then
there probably will be even more hate for the X360. 8)
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts
[QUOTE="farrell2k"]

When you go from completely dominating the market to having to share it with two others, you are the true loser.

AAAE

How so? For one, the Wii is dominating everybody, and no one saw it coming. It's a phenomenon, and no other console has ever seen that kind of success. And the 360 launched a year sooner than the PS3 and MS has bought alot of exclusives this gen. It would be sad if Sony wasnt sharing the market after it's $600 price tag... which still managed to outsell the 360 in 2007.

Too bad it didn't sell because of it's games. Just like the PS2, and it's DVD-ROM drive, people bought the PS3 mainly for it's BluRay movies. The PS3's poor attach rate is proof of this.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
The PS3's future remains bright.
AAAE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 AAAE
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="AAAE"][QUOTE="farrell2k"]

MortalDecay

Too bad it didn't sell because of it's games. Just like the PS2, and it's DVD-ROM drive, people bought the PS3 mainly for it's BluRay movies. The PS3's poor attach rate is proof of this.

So you're trying to say the PS2 didnt sell alot of games too? And the PS2 only sold because of the DVD drive?

Tell me you're joking. :lol: