Project Natal will succed

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts

Reasons:

1) the new way to navigate menus, and you don't need the xbl vision to do video chats

2)there are already 5 games that are going to use it . These include Fable 3, Burnout Paradise, Milo, the shovelware pack, and the unannounced game from the new studio MS is putting together.

3) EA and numerous other 3rd party publishers stated they would support the Natal

4) the Natal will come bundled with the 360 giving you more bang for your buck

what do you think?

cheese_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 cheese_it
Member since 2009 • 235 Posts
Natal has already failed.
mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts
Natal has already failed.cheese_it
thanks for your outstanding input. would you care to elaborate on the keen insight of you hypothesis?
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I think it'll fail. It's more of a gimmick for the casuals, and all of them already have a Wii. It won't have any real use in the hardcore gaming foundation, whihc is what the Xbox 360 and the PS3 are all about.

BlackTragedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BlackTragedy
Member since 2009 • 1830 Posts

so true

/thread

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
This.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts
i hope it does....its a neat idea. im certainly excited for it and look forward to seeing what devs make of it.
p4ddym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 p4ddym
Member since 2005 • 632 Posts
The whole thing sucks. I don't want to move around playing games without some kind of controller.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Fable 3 wont support natal. (thank god)

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Entirely dependant on software and price along with appeal. I have no clue at this point but I am compelled to say, moderate success.

G-O-M-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 G-O-M-J
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts
yes it will succeed because microsoft will force it on devs like they did with achievements and xbox live.
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

Natal propebly will be used like SixAxis in those games, small optional things

Fried_Shrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fried_Shrimp
Member since 2009 • 2902 Posts

Fable 3 wont support natal. (thank god)

toast_burner
I'm not hyped for either. Fable 1 & 2 where both horrible.
DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts

I think it'll fail. It's more of a gimmick for the casuals, and all of them already have a Wii.

Phoenix534

this.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

Fail. Why would you want to flail your arms to navigate menus?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
5 games?Woah,that's a lot!
zigaum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zigaum
Member since 2005 • 126 Posts

It will be only used for casual **** games, like the ps3 thing.

They should seriously just stick to normal controlers, hope they don't go wii on the next gen.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

You misspelled "sucked".

;)

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Yes because the history books show that console add ons are always successful

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

Fail. Why would you want to flail your arms to navigate menus?

skektek
because they can.
8Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 8Tango
Member since 2009 • 1953 Posts
[QUOTE="mayceV"][QUOTE="cheese_it"]Natal has already failed.cheese_it
thanks for your outstanding input. would you care to elaborate on the keen insight of you hypothesis?

Natal bores me. You bore me.

I haven't laughed like that for a long time.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

I am a huge fan of motion controls, and I don't see it suceeding...

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts
No. It won't. You didn't give any substantial reasons to why it will. Just the fact that it can navigate menus (Probably would be easier with the controller). It comes bundled (How is this even a reason?). And that some games and developers will use it (Doesn't mean it'll actually be good in-game also, many developers used motion controls in Wii and the Wiimote still is terrible, so developers using NATAL doesn't mean NATAL is a success).
Avatar image for masterpinky2000
masterpinky2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#27 masterpinky2000
Member since 2004 • 1955 Posts
Fable 3 is not confirmed to have Natal, I think they are only considering it. Also, Burnout Paradise is an old game, I'm pretty sure they just used it as a tech demo and weren't intending for it to be re-released.
xionvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xionvalkyrie
Member since 2008 • 3444 Posts

I personally feel the naming is kind of odd. It reminds me of prenatal...

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

[QUOTE="cheese_it"][QUOTE="mayceV"] thanks for your outstanding input. would you care to elaborate on the keen insight of you hypothesis?8Tango

Post made my day lmao

Best post of the entire day. :lol: :lol:

tikki25x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tikki25x
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts

if thats the case you are just easily amused. like a child for instance.

8Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 8Tango

if thats the case you are just easily amused. like a child for instance.

tikki25x
Or you cannot take something quite hillarious, like a cynical pre teen.... =( Oh dear...
tikki25x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tikki25x

or i just didnt find it funny at all. like a 30 year old man.

8Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 8Tango

Yes, your grammar and not trying to insult younger people who find something funny clearly lead to you being a 30 year old man.

HappyAppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HappyAppe
Member since 2003 • 1543 Posts
Depends purely on the software. If they can release some top notch games, I'll be easily convinced
tikki25x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tikki25x

i think Natal has a chance at success but it depends on the price and functionality. if its too expensive they may as well forget about it. i sure hope my post can meet the high standards of the Grammer Police.

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
I think it's gonna suck, like the Wii did.
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

Reasons:

1) the new way to navigate menus, and you don't need the xbl vision to do video chats

2)there are already 5 games that are going to use it . These include Fable 3, Burnout Paradise, Milo, the shovelware pack, and the unannounced game from the new studio MS is putting together.

3) EA and numerous other 3rd party publishers stated they would support the Natal

4) the Natal will come bundled with the 360 giving you more bang for your buck

what do you think?

mayceV

1) I honestly don't see why using hands to navigate menus is desirable nor easier. Is clicking a button so hard or take longer to do?

2) None of those listed are impressive

3) EA is hit and miss on many games. And support may simply mean one or two games.

4) Is natal going to be bundled free?

Also, keep in mind Nintendo really knows how to reach a family/casual audience (they named their very first console 'famicom', which is short for 'family computer'), and they are really connecting with this audience both DS and Wii wise. Looking at some of those casual games for Natal, I think they MS still doesn't quite get it.

djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
Natal will fail and so will Sonys. True gamers dont wont worthless motion controls.
beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 beekayjay
Member since 2008 • 1732 Posts
I believe in the POTENTIAL for motion controls. HOWEVER, I don't like how motion controls are being used by Sony and MS to try to compete with Nintendo in the casual games market. For that reason, these control peripherals hold no interest for me for the time being. It boils down to effing games. If Sony and MS has games to back up their curious little toys, then I'll be interested. If its just gonna be a bunch of Wii ports and lame ass party games, then they can shove it, and I'll be PMing the TC to tell him to shove it as well.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#40 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
[QUOTE="mayceV"][QUOTE="cheese_it"]Natal has already failed.cheese_it

Lie. You wouldn't have answered then
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#41 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Natal will fail and so will Sonys. True gamers dont wont worthless motion controls.djsifer01
A-I don't believe in this elitist, true gamer nonsense; B-those so-called true gamers are out numbered by potential casual ones that buy new technology because it's new.
beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 beekayjay
The effing thing is, WHY DO MOTION CONTROLS HAVE TO BE JUST FOR CASUAL GAMES?????? That's my problem with all this nonsense is that Sony and MS seem intent on marketing these peripherals for more casual, social applications.... No wonder the rest of us find all of it lame. Give us a kick ass Star Wars Jedi fighting game or a Lord of the Rings Conquest-like game and then you'll get our money and attention.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

No controller, no thanks. Natal is just another means of dumbing down games for casual lesser gamers.

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AdmiralBison
Member since 2008 • 3970 Posts

The effing thing is, WHY DO MOTION CONTROLS HAVE TO BE JUST FOR CASUAL GAMES?????? That's my problem with all this nonsense is that Sony and MS seem intent on marketing these peripherals for more casual, social applications.... No wonder the rest of us find all of it lame. Give us a kick ass Star Wars Jedi fighting game or a Lord of the Rings Conquest-like game and then you'll get our money and attention.beekayjay

It's obvious you are very interested in motion tech and want it to succeed, but there are because some so called "Hardcore" gamers think they're cool simply because this doesn't appeal to them will simply rag on and think automatic fail with actual little thought in to how it will fail and ignore the information given to them on how it will work, the time and money spent on this and the overall positive reception Project Natal has been receiving.

Some find it lame because of that very reason and are to stuck in the past when it comes to accepting new technology. I would think that gamers would naturally be at the forefront of technology and more accepting then the more "Casual" observer but I think it's more ignorance and fear that gives them this attitude.

Remember this is fairly new technology and the potential for motion technology substantially integrated and complementing your more conventional games is there.

It will no doubt suite a lot of the more simply games initially, but does not necessary make them NOT fun and oncedevelopers have found ways to make more use of this technology you will see more games make use of it in very interesting ways.

It takes creativity and persistance, not pessimism and lack of imagination to push gaming to new levels.

Actually that's the actual attitude for all technology in general, because if that was not the case we may all still be playing Pong with a 1 button stick.

Then we'll be wondering how we managed to play games with out Motion technology.

beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 beekayjay

[QUOTE="beekayjay"]The effing thing is, WHY DO MOTION CONTROLS HAVE TO BE JUST FOR CASUAL GAMES?????? That's my problem with all this nonsense is that Sony and MS seem intent on marketing these peripherals for more casual, social applications.... No wonder the rest of us find all of it lame. Give us a kick ass Star Wars Jedi fighting game or a Lord of the Rings Conquest-like game and then you'll get our money and attention.AdmiralBison

It's obvious you are very interested in motion tech and want it to succeed, but there are because some so called "Hardcore" gamers think they're cool simply because this doesn't appeal to them will simply rag on and think automatic fail with actual little thought in to how it will fail and ignore the information given to them on how it will work, the time and money spent on this and the overall positive reception Project Natal has been receiving.

Some find it lame because of that very reason and are to stuck in the past when it comes to accepting new technology. I would think that gamers would naturally be at the forefront of technology and more accepting then the more "Casual" observer but I think it's more ignorance and fear that gives them this attitude.

Remember this is fairly new technology and the potential for motion technology substantially integrated and complementing your more conventional games is there.

It will no doubt suite a lot of the more simply games initially, but does not necessary make them NOT fun and oncedevelopers have found ways to make more use of this technology you will see more games make use of it in very interesting ways.

It takes creativity and persistance, not pessimism and lack of imagination to push gaming to new levels.

Actually that's the actual attitude for all technology in general, because if that was not the case we may all still be playing Pong with a 1 button stick.

Then we'll be wondering how we managed to play games with out Motion technology.

I agree. I totally see the potential in the technology but my frustrations are two-fold. First, the prevalent attitudes of gamers which you've mentioned is annoying: without thinking past the connection of motion controls to the Wii, people just quickly dismiss motion controls because they so readily equate them with the Wii, and also the demographic the Wii targets, the casual gaming market. On top of that, I'm frustrated with MS and Sony for not recognizing this, and seeing oppurtunities for motion controls beyond just family oriented part games. Somehow, motion controls have been locked in to be exclusive to a particular type of gaming market and thats just a sad, pathetic underscoring of a missed oppurtunity.
Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts
Can you spare your time machine for while?
NicolasBai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NicolasBai
Member since 2009 • 153 Posts
Weak points pf Natal are lacking force feedback, latency. I'd rather use controller to play Burnout Paradise than having an air-made steering wheel.
siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 siddhu33
Member since 2008 • 3264 Posts

Natal will succeed when a street fighter for natal comes out, and you can kick butt online against other players with it.

It could also be quite cool in 1 vs 100.

CHRION987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CHRION987
Member since 2008 • 468 Posts

Succeed at dumbing down controls so grandma can play, maybe, but what gamer really gives a crap!!!! it will never be used in a tournament, or for anything serious or hardcore, which is all that really matters to actual gamers. Silly controls that actually lose detail, speed, and accuracy in the hands of players is a major fail

gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 gamedude234
Member since 2009 • 2558 Posts

nah, it'll fail*looks at xbox 360*i love you just the way you are!anyway, anyone who wanted motion controls have a wii.and casuals only get 1 console each gen. *looks at wii**pats wii on the back*you're THE revolution.