Project Natal will succed

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 AdmiralBison
Member since 2008 • 3970 Posts

Succeed at dumbing down controls so grandma can play, maybe, but what gamer really gives a crap!!!! it will never be used in a tournament, or for anything serious or hardcore, which is all that really matters to actual gamers. Silly controls that actually lose detail, speed, and accuracy in the hands of players is a major fail

CHRION987

which all that really matter for gamers? serious? Hardcore? The whole thesis on gaming is because it's meant to be fun. Not simply because you can play a game in a tournament.

Speak for yourself. There's that elitest attitude that simply re-inforces that image that games are not meant to be fun or accessible but just for those who have been playing it for years.

Several points I would like to add.

The "Hardcore" gamers are actually the minority demographic and the idea of what is hardcore or casual is still debatable.

1. It's just simply some stupid arbitrary catergory that is slapped on to make some fanboy feel good about themselves when all it does is further stigmatise video games and divides the market.

2. The potential benefits of this device simply outweigh any of the negativity which is really just speculation from naysayers parts, who havn't even tried the technology yet, however journalists have been impressed and have said time and time again said that it works.

3. The argument that this control method would dumb down gaming is ironic in that such conventional games were found to be had on PC- with a keyboard layout of over 80 buttons and a point precision mouse which by this logic should be vastly superior to the control pad yet there is little complaint with gamers when playing FPS, Racing games, RPGS, Beatem'ups on a 'dumbed down' control scheme.

In some cases there has been even a preference towards the control pad and it's simplicity and "Dumb down" accessibility.

This technology will be implemented with PCs as well as T.Vs starting as next year! so much for the it's just a gimmick argument.

4.If it's isn't obvious by now to even the most daft of fanboys is that motion technology is here to stay, this simply depends now on the software content.

Regardless on how powerful a console is, graphics, sound, it's price, The Nintendo Wii has smashed that perception even though it seems some people are still in denial about the whole motion tech concept and how successful it is. Nintendo have still been churining out the same franchises for 20 years- Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and this content is what drove the console, then followed by hardware.

That's what this argument should be about is the content software and how it can use the hardware. All the other concerns over how "Dumbed down" and limited and perceived instant failure of the device is simply trivial.

Motion tech is successful as Nintendo have demonstrated, Microsoft and Sony believe this and the majority are sold on it. If this is not the case we could all still be just playing on a 1 button stick or doing all our gaming on a keyboard.

5. Motion technology and voice recognition is simply just another means of controlling and interacting with media. Your only concern should be the games that will come out.

Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Cataclism
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

I personally feel the naming is kind of odd. It reminds me of prenatal...

xionvalkyrie

LOL. The name is a reference to the brasilian city Natal. Apparently it was named by a brasilian member of the team. And for those of you who don't know: Natal is portuguese for Christmas :D

Yes the 360 is going to get an add-on named "Christmas" :P

And natal is refering to birth as well. Ence people calling it to the birth of Jesus. You are not wrong at all :P.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
All i want is one decent boxing game and other than that i couldn't care less for it.
JunkTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 JunkTrap
Member since 2006 • 2640 Posts
I'm cool with motion technology such as natal as long as it doesn't make or break a game. It should be a supplement to the foundation, not the center piece.
metalguitar13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 metalguitar13
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

An eye-toy clone is going to succed?

M$ is only good with software and THATS IT.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
It wont do as good as if it was released in 2005. Natal already lost to the Wii and I dont see Natal convincing Wii owners to drop the wii-mote to buy a 360 and Natal to once again wave their hands. MS wont steal the "motion crowd" away from Nintendo. MS is LATE.
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

Natal will fail because it can not apply to traditional style games unlike the wii and pseye/wand.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

It will be only used for casual **** games, like the ps3 thing.

They should seriously just stick to normal controlers, hope they don't go wii on the next gen.

zigaum

actually , i can see the "wand" fitting well for fps.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#59 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
But you have to use your body to do everything. Alot of people will not even bother.
SgtMoreless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SgtMoreless
Member since 2009 • 311 Posts
Natal has already failed.cheese_it
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

The effing thing is, WHY DO MOTION CONTROLS HAVE TO BE JUST FOR CASUAL GAMES?????? That's my problem with all this nonsense is that Sony and MS seem intent on marketing these peripherals for more casual, social applications.... No wonder the rest of us find all of it lame. Give us a kick ass Star Wars Jedi fighting game or a Lord of the Rings Conquest-like game and then you'll get our money and attention.beekayjay

Erm ok bub. Explain how your gonna control your character in Gears of War 2 and Halo 3 via hand waving...

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Fail. Why would you want to flail your arms to navigate menus?

skektek

Haven't you seen Minority Report

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#63 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

I think it has potential but honestly I think it has a better impact on technology then gaming.

R_MAHIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 R_MAHIL
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts
yes it will succeed because microsoft will force it on devs like they did with achievements and xbox live.G-O-M-J
its a bad thing that achievements are on every game? you prefer trophies were its only on the latest games. any good games you had before this year probably dont have trophies.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#65 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Hard to say if it'll succeed or fail.
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts
[QUOTE="mayceV"]

Reasons:

1) the new way to navigate menus, and you don't need the xbl vision to do video chats

2)there are already 5 games that are going to use it . These include Fable 3, Burnout Paradise, Milo, the shovelware pack, and the unannounced game from the new studio MS is putting together.

3) EA and numerous other 3rd party publishers stated they would support the Natal

4) the Natal will come bundled with the 360 giving you more bang for your buck

what do you think?

4. Will Natal only come with a 360? That doesn't sound much bang if you already own a 360. I don't think Natal or Sonys thing will do that well. Natal will eventually come with a remote of some kind. They are going to be lost without it. It's too much work for the player.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

Natal has already failed.cheese_it

Like Sony's motion controller. :|

Microdevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Microdevine
Member since 2008 • 1126 Posts

Entirely dependant on software and price along with appeal. I have no clue at this point but I am compelled to say, moderate success.

ActicEdge
agreed. but if theyre are some interesting sports games that support it.ill probably pick it up.