SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@chikenfriedrice: Your fanboy is showing lol.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@SolidTy said:

I know you are but what am I?...is that how this game works?

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#53 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9735 Posts
@iambatman7986 said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@charizard1605 said:

@GameboyTroy: I do, and it does, but it's still in the same ballpark, and pretty close overall. If they can make it work on the Wii U, they should be able to get it to work on PS3 and 360, unless it's a GPU intensive game.

The Wii U's power is closer to the PS4/X1 but with less power. The PS3 and 360 have less power than the Wii U.

Really? It seems the Wii U is closer to the 360/PS3 in terms of power than the One/PS4. Seems like the Wii U is a bit more powerful than the 360. In terms of GFlops, the Wii U has 352, the X360 has 240, the X1 has 1,310 and PS4 has 1,843. That's just Gflops and there is a lot more to it than just that, but it seems like most specs are closer to the 360 than X1.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/1919/xbox-360-gpu.html

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/1903/wii-u-gpu.html

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2086/xbox-one-gpu.html

Wii U ram is closer to 360 than X1

Thing is, the 360 launched in 2005 so those specs were expected. A good portion of people on here think the PS4 and X1 are too weak for 2015 so that says a lot about the Wii U's power.

I own the Wii U and while it has some pretty graphics, I think a lot of that is Nintendos art design in the games, not technical power.

Sorry for derailing the thread and please correct me if I'm wrong, it just seems from playing them all, that the Wii U is closer to last gen than this gen in terms of visuals.

You win. This explains a lot of things. Nintendo needs to step up their game when making next gen console. Why make a console that is that underpowered when they had tons of money? But it still has pretty good graphics at least.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@chikenfriedrice: I dunno, it looks simplistic, just like 7th gen titles. The lighting is just flat and everything is over saturated, its like a toy racer for kids.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@Nike_Air said:

Is the Wii U version really only going to be 720p and 30 FPS? That's what I heard from a little birdy.

I heard that also a few months ago and a few times in the last few years or so. I think they are trying to use FXAA and a few effects on that version of the game which is making it harder to run that version of the game at 60fps.I also heard that version of the game is using DX11 equivalent effects and SMS has only used one core of the WiiU's cpu, but a lot of this is also old info.I expect the WiiU version to look very good or great compared to a lot of WiiU games and compare or look better than the forza or gt games on the last gen consoles.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SolidTy

@chikenfriedrice said:

@SolidTy said:

Apparently, by your rules the game is make things up and post. I joined in. It's fun. (My only angle in this thread was comedy before).

When you took a comedic silly post very seriously and tried to spin fanboyism, that's when your fanboy was showing.

Sticks and Stones I suppose, sticks and stones.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SolidTy
@silversix_ said:

@chikenfriedrice: I dunno, it looks simplistic, just like 7th gen titles. The lighting is just flat and everything is over saturated, its like a toy racer for kids.

I don't know what all those words mean, but that is a decent looking 360 game and the 360 is much more newer tech than my Sega Genesis I have sitting here.

If the Xbone can do those kinds of decentish 360 graphics, we are in for a big treat this gen with beautiful 7th gen graphics.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#58 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Desmonic said:

12k? Talk about overkill :P

I guess it's for those lucky few with 3 4k monitors XD

It's called Future Proofing.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@silversix_: Might not be your favorite art style but your pic still looks nice...and is 1080P and runs smooth and has a great sense of speed. I was unable to play DC for myself because Sony lied so I can't compare it but other than maybe DC, this is the best looking racer on consoles IMO.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 chikenfriedrice

@SolidTy said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@SolidTy said:

Apparently, by your rules the game is make things up and post. I joined in. It's fun. (My only angle in this thread was comedy before).

When you took a comedic silly post very seriously and tried to spin fanboyism, that's when your fanboy was showing.

For something to be taken as "comedic" it should be funny.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SolidTy

@chikenfriedrice said:

@SolidTy said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@SolidTy said:

Well no, if someone is butthurt about plastic or their beloved console, then they won't laugh.

They will cry or complain. Hence, fanboyism. lol. SW, what a lovely place.

I made two hilarious posts on page one. I'm sorry my bits aren't your cup of tea, but I'm playing to a different audience.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 chikenfriedrice

@SolidTy said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@SolidTy said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@SolidTy said:

Well no, if someone is butthurt about plastic or their beloved console, then they won't laugh.

My comment was as silly as yours but yet you took it seriously enough to reuse it....look in the mirror supposed SW king lol.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 Desmonic
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: Future proofing for the next 10-15 years? Surely a sequel and/or different game will be in everyones mind by then :P

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SolidTy

@chikenfriedrice said:

@SolidTy said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@SolidTy said:

I made two hilarious posts on page one. I'm sorry my bits aren't your cup of tea, but I'm playing to a different audience.

My comment was as silly as yours but yet you took it seriously enough to reuse it....look in the mirror supposed SW king lol.

You make an almost interesting point, but there is a key difference I would like to point out, if you don't mind. No, you see, I didn't call you anything (exempli gratia: @chikenfriedrice Your fanboy is showing, et cetera) to provoke you in my first two posts in this thread on page one, you see? I spoke about inanimate objects and lulzy chatter. You utilized ad hominems directly thrown at me because your fanboyism to said objects I disparaged in your eyes. You see?

Eh?!!!

Have a slice of cake. (I had some, it's good!) :P

I'll let you go as I want you to get the most out of your thread.

I'll let you get back to posting blurry car screenshots (seriously, I can't see anything on the sides) and arguing the merits of FH2, old bean.

Cheerio!

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Xbox One already has a 1080p/60fps racer. It is Playstation that is finally getting in the now.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@SolidTy: Well maybe if you played the game instead looking at blurry pics, you could make an educated statement instead of unfunny jokes that only you seem to find funny. Ya dig? Have a nice day and keep on entertaining yourself!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SolidTy
@chikenfriedrice said:

@SolidTy: Well maybe if you played the game instead looking at blurry pics, you could make a educated statement instead unfunny jokes that only you seem to find funny. Ya dig? Have a nice day and keep on entertaining yourself!

Other people find it funny rest assured, don't worry about that. However, I thank you sir for this jovial encounter.

Regarding fun and less blurry pictures?

Here, I'll get the show on the road and get this thread back on track (or offtrack for you FH2* fans!):

*Please bear in mind, this is 60fps.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@Desmonic said:

@Cloud_imperium: Future proofing for the next 10-15 years? Surely a sequel and/or different game will be in everyones mind by then :P

Sequel doesn't make original game irrelevant. FEAR is the best game in the trilogy and it was also future proof. FEAR 2 and 3 were targeted for lowest common denominator. FEAR's AI and Destructible environments still own FEAR 2 and 3 and on Maxed out settings the game still looks great.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Desmonic

@Cloud_imperium: What does AI in a different game have to do with a 12k resolution bro? Apples and Oranges. I don't think anyone would find great AI in a game amazing/strange.

Now 12k resolution when 4K is still an early thing (and not that easy to pull off without some grade A hardware) is a bit...odd. Not unwelcome, mind you, just odd :P

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@Desmonic said:

@Cloud_imperium: What does AI in a different game have to do with a 12k resolution bro? Apples and Oranges. I don't think anyone would find great AI in a game amazing/strange.

Now 12k resolution when 4K is still an early thing (and not that easy to pull off without some grade A hardware) is a bit...odd. Not unwelcome, mind you, just odd :P

Let me give you an example

1. Sequel comes out
  2. It sucks
  3. Makes you want to go back and play the original because it was a better game
  4. Now you have a better PC. You run it on higher resolution/graphics and enjoy it.

or

Sequel doesn't come out at all.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Desmonic

@Cloud_imperium: That's a very "what if" scenario for a ridiculous future proofing in terms of resolution. Will be interested to see it run at said res though.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#72 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@VERTIGO47 said:

@silversix_ said:

@VERTIGO47 said:

@silversix_ said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@silversix_ said:

Xbone can't even handle racing games lolz

Hi Forza, NFS, and the crew. Apparently you don't' exist.

Your forza looks like a hot wheels racer, NFS looks last gen and The Crew? Really? REALLY? So desperate... Project Cars is the only good looking racer since the addition of weather effect in 5Club and Xbone is just too weak to handle it. Its not your fault, tho. You just have to deal with 900p and tell yourself that there's no difference between 1080p and 900p.

Forza >>>> ShitClub.

Nice try really. It seems Cows are more desperate than ever, not even sales can calm them down.

Get a fucking PC, numb nut.

i have one, numb nut. Guess what? Conversation has nothing to do with it, numb nut.

If you actually have a capable running PC, then you SHOULDN'T care about the PS4's capability. Just the games in carries.

Closet cow

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Cloud_imperium

@Desmonic said:

@Cloud_imperium: That's a very "what if" scenario for a ridiculous future proofing in terms of resolution. Will be interested to see it run at said res though.

Time will tell.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 cainetao11

@SolidTy said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@SolidTy: Well maybe if you played the game instead looking at blurry pics, you could make a educated statement instead unfunny jokes that only you seem to find funny. Ya dig? Have a nice day and keep on entertaining yourself!

Other people find it funny rest assured, don't worry about that. However, I thank you sir for this jovial encounter.

Here, I'll get the show on the road and get this thread back on track (or offtrack for you FH2* fans!):

Like I always said anyone can put up a bad pic of any game. FH2 doesn't look like that on my HDTV. More impotantly, it doesn't have to be the best looking. Only superficial graphic whores need that. The game plays better than its competition. I'll take FH2 over DC every day and twice on sunday.

But hats off to you for bringing my boy Travis Bickle into the thread 'Ty

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Forza 5 is a Racing game that is 1080p 60fps. lolz

Driveflop is 30fps. Hahahahahaha

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SolidTy

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Other people find it funny, rest assured, don't worry about that. However, I thank you sir for this jovial encounter.

Like I always said anyone can put up a bad pic of any game. FH2 doesn't look like that on my HDTV. More impotantly, it doesn't have to be the best looking. Only superficial graphic whores need that. The game plays better than its competition. I'll take FH2 over DC every day and twice on sunday.

But hats off to you for bringing my boy Travis Bickle into the thread 'Ty

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me?...

Now I see this clearly. My whole life is pointed in one direction. There never has been a choice for me.

Psst: I actually am not knocking the game. I just wanted to find a picture for the thread and this was the lulziest I could find with my "60fps quip" on short notice.

Don't tell anyone though, lol.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

FH2 60fps? No you have your info wrong there.

This is what it looks like in real life. Taken from my very own console.

Any blur is from 170 mph.

Still will be getting Project Cars.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 cainetao11

@SolidTy:

You know got your back bro LOL

Taxi Driver is one of my all time favorite flicks.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By SolidTy

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@SolidTy said:

FH2 60fps? No you have your info wrong there.

This is what it looks like in real life. Taken from my very own console.

Any blur is from 170 mph.

Still will be getting Project Cars.

Now we are back on the road again. My desire for more car shots is coming to fruition. Thank you for also participating.

That's 60fps too, nice.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 SolidTy
@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy:

It's a fantastic work.

My paw had us watch it in our younger years and it's always been a crucial movie in my life. :P

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 cainetao11

@SolidTy said:
@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy:

It's a fantastic work.

My paw had us watch it in our younger years and it's always been a crucial movie in my life. :P

One of the lines my brothers and I would throw around is the one wizard says when all the cabbies are talking about alimony being paid by same sex couples in CA. "Yeah, yeah well they're way ahead out there" LOL

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20131 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@silversix_ said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@silversix_ said:

Your forza looks like a hot wheels racer, NFS looks last gen and The Crew? Really? REALLY? So desperate... Project Cars is the only good looking racer since the addition of weather effect in 5Club and Xbone is just too weak to handle it. Its not your fault, tho. You just have to deal with 900p and tell yourself that there's no difference between 1080p and 900p.

Odd Forza Horizon 2 has weather effects. But the Xbox One can't handle it.

You take your meds today?

weather effects like wet surfaces? WOW what a powerful console. Weather effects in FZH2 are two gens behind 5club ones, its not even in the same league. Meds is what you should be taking every time you create an Xbone sales thread.

Loading Video...

Haha people thinking Forza beats Driveclub at weather...

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Another embarrassing showing for the Xbone 720.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Zero_epyon: lems will be lems. They aren't the running jokes of SW for nothing.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#85  Edited By Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

@silversix_ said:

@TigerSuperman said:

weather effects like wet surfaces? WOW what a powerful console. Weather effects in FZH2 are two gens behind 5club ones, its not even in the same league. Meds is what you should be taking every time you create an Xbone sales thread.

Loading Video...

Wow that is embarrassing. "Weather Effects", hilarious.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#86 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Hopefully this game is good.

Been wanting to have "the" racing game on PC.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#87 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Hehe good choice though, I'd rather they do that than go with 1080p and sub-60fps. I'm a big racing game fan, but I skipped the Crew and although PC shows more promise, I'm not sure I'll get it with Forza 6 on the horizon. Guess I'll see how it is received, and more importantly if it does things better or differently than Forza. Horizon 2 pretty much hit the nail on the head as far as car clubs go, I wonder how PC will tackle this aspect.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@davillain- said:

Wii U version it shall be.

The main thing keeping me from getting this game on WiiU is the lack of racing wheels. I want to use the Logitech G27 or similar Manual racing peripheral with this game and there are none for WiiU so I'll buy the PC version once I upgrade my PC.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By SolidTy

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy said:
@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy:

It's a fantastic work.

One of the lines my brothers and I would throw around is the one wizard says when all the cabbies are talking about alimony being paid by same sex couples in CA. "Yeah, yeah well they're way ahead out there" LOL

lol...oh yeah. That movie is prophetic. :P

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By SolidTy
@Dire_Weasel said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@silversix_ said:

@TigerSuperman said:

Loading Video...

Well, to be fair...some of the "weather effects" and rain is provided by the tears of the user.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

12k on pc? lol consoles

IF you have the rig to do it!!! Don't act like every PC gamer has the set up to run games at 12k!! I promise you average PC gamers are still running games at 1080p and 60 fps. Only the most diehard have rigs set up to do resolutions above that!!

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

@silversix_ said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@silversix_ said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@silversix_ said:

You take your meds today?

Loading Video...

wow forza is really behind but not only in graphics and weather but also in sound. I had no idea forza cars sounded this bad compared to 5club. No wonder they need to bring a new gimmick every year *cough* drivatards/wet surfaces and now this OMFG new engine or whatever *cough*, they simply cannot compete, out of their league.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
@speak_low said:

The jump from 720p, 900p and 1080p is like a step ladder. It's like I'm stepping on the Wii U and Xbox One's heads to get to PS4.

Xbox One people better hope that DX12 does something later on, because too many 900p games might really hurt it in the long run when consumers needs to make a shotgun purchasing decision, and are staring at the PS4 and X1 with the same price. If multiplats are a big deal for them, one more PS4 sale right there, and one more case of the X1 spending extra time with the Wii U on that shelf!

Something tells me the average user doesn't even know their games aren't rendering in native 1080p. People last gen tried to claim MGS4 ran at 1080p because their TV told them it did when it really ran at a much lower resolution. I'm doubting that much has changed since then.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts
@Zelda187 said:

Good God the Xbone blows

come on, throw microsoft a bone man

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20131 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@Dire_Weasel said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@silversix_ said:

@TigerSuperman said:

Loading Video...

Well, to be fair...some of the "weather effects" and rain is provided by the tears of the user.

Ouch. I wonder if it leaves a salty residue?

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#97  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

I'm confused, Wii U gets Project CARS, but PS3 and Xbox 360 are too weak for it?

Maybe there just wasn't enough memory. Afterall, that is the biggest bottleneck on Ps3 and 360.

Or maybe it's BS and the Wii U version has been cancelled.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

@VERTIGO47: I care about both, is this something that isn't allowed? I hear this a lot on this forum, if i care about graphics i should only be focused on PC even tho games like Infamous, 5club, kz, the order of 5/10 etc all look good for any kind of standards. Or are they bad looking games because you can't play em in 1440p/4k? @pelvist: incredibly mad to be exact.

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@silversix_ said:

Seems to handle the Forza games... but ok.

implying Forza games look impressive. Even NFS looks better...

FH2 is a beautiful game....even the blindest of fanboys should just admit that.

It is a beautiful game... but I wouldn't waste your breath. I'm sure we'll be "wrong".

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

Loading Video...

Not only does the water on DC looks leagues abode that of Forza 2,look how dead they are as well on Forza 2 wind shield 170 KPH and the drops don't even budge,on DC you can clearly see how the water is realistic simulated and are physics drive.

Is not even close the lighting as well is incredible how lemming even dare to compare FH2 with DC,i mean FH2 may be a better game but graphically DC piss all over it..