Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11613 Posts

@bluestars said:

@fedor:

Your struggling

HAH

It's you're*. You poor thing, can't edit it out now.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

When you try to tell a man who wrote the comment,what he meant in the comment but get your arse handed to you

Yea that

HAH

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Bluestars

@fedor:

Grammar the last throw of the dice of a defeated man/child

Answer the question for your special friend, or has remembering your login details zapped them IQ,or is it brain cells

HaH

It’s childish now,but funny

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Fedor

@bluestars: It's not your fault. Society let you slip through the cracks.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Bluestars

@fedor:

The struggle continues

HAH

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Fedor

@bluestars: Good thing you avoided the word YOU'RE in that one, Lord knows its a STRUGGLE for you, HAH!!!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#57 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69532 Posts

This has gotten sad on both ends.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Fedor

@Pedro: I disagree.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Bluestars

You keep embarrassing yourself kid,I won’t feel sorry you

HAH

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Pedro

@fedor: Of course you would because you are on one of the ends. :)

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Fedor

@Pedro: Don't ruin my fun, Pedro.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Pedro

@fedor: I ruin everyone's fun. Its my thing. ;)

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Bluestars

Right let’s put this to bed as I have took an easy ‘W’

Saying someone or myself has an “over double figure brain cell count”is not a put down or insult

But implying a fanboy has less is

HAH

I’ll pop back to this thread when the chuckle brothers can answer me what came first the brain cell or an IQ

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Fedor

@Pedro: I will concede to that fact.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Bluestars

@fedor:

Being owned your idea of fun kid

I was gonna leave it but I’ll keep you on my string

HAH

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Fedor

@bluestars: Gosh you're really worked up.

HAH!!!

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Bluestars

@fedor:

Or enjoying owning you and your special friend as I call it

Still no answer

HAH

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Fedor

@bluestars: Lol, naw. You just can't let it go. You're mad, I get it. I'm sure we will bump heads again later, don't worry your pretty little gash. Bye, Blueballs.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Bluestars

@fedor:

Bless,you bailing out kid? but late in the thread now,you’ve already embarrassed yourself, you may as well stick around and help your friend answer the very simple question i asked

But I understand you want out,you both took a hell of a beating HAH

Don’t worry Whitney I won’t be checking your future grammar and jump on it,I’m not that much of a sad-act....ouch

Don’t get too emotional HAH

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

@bluestars said:

@fedor:

Your struggling

HAH

Again? lol.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

Console manufactures have several challenges:

1. The consoles need to be affordable. If it's more expensive then $500, (and even that is pushing it) adoption will be very low initially, which can be death sentence for a console.
  2. The machines need to consistent in performance, since developers target a particular spec. You don't want to deal with silicon lotteries in a console, so every console chip will target the lowest common denominator for clock speeds.

I dunno why people keep complaining about this. It's a $400-$500 console and it's on par with the price and specs we seen so far. Just remember, you get what you pay for and if you know it, you will enjoy your purchase.

I haven't paid under $500 for a console since the Dreamcast/original Xbox, its funny how there is millions upon millions playing on PC's worth twice as much as this and yet consoles are dead if they release for more than $500, are people in NA really that cheap?

In Australia we payed above $500 for the initial release of the XB1/PS4 with the PS4 being $549 & the XB1 $599. The X was $650. Maybe people in NA shouldn't be tight arses.

PC's like mobiles are used for a lot more then just games. Consoles are nothing but game boxes and that's about it. Therefore price point can't be to sharp.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I'm not worried about console prices. Sony will take the loss. Even if it's a little more than they would like. They will make it back either way. Ms on the other hand I'm not sure they might not make enough to cover it.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Microsoft is taking a huge risk with a console being that high end. They'll have to take a loss and price it at no higher than $599, and that's gonna be pretty extreme. PS5 will probably be close in proximity, I'd guess $499.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

All it takes is one MUST HAVE game for me to buy a system does not really matter what It costs.

For Xbox one it was Killer Instinct

For PS4 is was Dragon Quest Builders/Final Fantasy 12 Zodiac Age (not much of a Sony first party fan)

For Switch it was damn near everything about it as I LOVE handhelds. (Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition on the go? Yes please!)

Next Gen will be no different (with the possible exception of MS as they seem to be going PC with most of the games)

I Bet the Ps5 with get some timed exclusive that will force me into a PS5. It is not really a matter of if it is simply when.

I always line up for Nintendo First Party games so also does not matter what it costs.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

1. The consoles need to be affordable. If it's more expensive then $500, (and even that is pushing it) adoption will be very low initially, which can be death sentence for a console.
  2. The machines need to consistent in performance, since developers target a particular spec. You don't want to deal with silicon lotteries in a console, so every console chip will target the lowest common denominator for clock speeds.

I dunno why people keep complaining about this. It's a $400-$500 console and it's on par with the price and specs we seen so far. Just remember, you get what you pay for and if you know it, you will enjoy your purchase.

I haven't paid under $500 for a console since the Dreamcast/original Xbox, its funny how there is millions upon millions playing on PC's worth twice as much as this and yet consoles are dead if they release for more than $500, are people in NA really that cheap?

In Australia we payed above $500 for the initial release of the XB1/PS4 with the PS4 being $549 & the XB1 $599. The X was $650. Maybe people in NA shouldn't be tight arses.

When I upgrade my PC, I don't take my existing PC and throw it in the garbage. It's usually one component at a time, at a price point under $500. The initial investment is the only time you spend a lot of money. On top of that, the library of games available to me when I buy a PC is nearly every PC game ever made. When I buy a new console at launch, the available library is usually 1 game that is sort of ok, a lot of shovelware, and a handful of games I'll want to purchase over the next year. By the time the console is really worth owning, it's usually $50-$100 cheaper on sale for the following Christmas.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I paid something like 10,000 MEX for my Xbox One S Gears 4 limited edition, paid 11,000 MEX for my Xbox One X Gears 5 limited edition, rumors say the new Xbox will be around 12-13,000 MEX ..... that don't sound "too" expensive, sure, it's almost twice the price of the regular Xbox One S, but if your aim was the One X there isn't going to be that much of a difference in money while it's going to be a huge difference in performance.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 npiet1

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

Do you remember the release of the PS2? It sold for like a $1k and people here were still buying them like hot cakes.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11797 Posts
@npiet1 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

Do you remember the release of the PS2? It sold for like a $1k and people here were still buying them like hot cakes.

The PS2's launch price was $300 USD and a major part of what made it so popular was that it was the cheapest option to get a DVD player every other DVD player at the time ranged from $600 to $5000 USD. Renting and owning physical copies of movies and shows was huge back then so it was a no brainer for everyone to get a PS2 since it was not only the cheapest option by far but it could also be used to play video games unlike every other DVD playing device which had only one use. Not sure about the prices of DVD players in other countries but I assumed the PS2 was also a cheaper option there as well.

PCs have many uses outside of gaming unlike consoles which only have other entertainment media uses outside of gaming but the value in having a physical disc player has greatly diminished since the majority of people stream nowadays and streaming isn't something you need a console for since there are much cheaper devices that can stream or your TV itself already having streaming features.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 npiet1

@NoodleFighter said:
@npiet1 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

The PS2's launch price was $300 USD and a major part of what made it so popular was that it was the cheapest option to get a DVD player every other DVD player at the time ranged from $600 to $5000 USD. Renting and owning physical copies of movies and shows was huge back then so it was a no brainer for everyone to get a PS2 since it was not only the cheapest option by far but it could also be used to play video games unlike every other DVD playing device which had only one use. Not sure about the prices of DVD players in other countries but I assumed the PS2 was also a cheaper option there as well.

PCs have many uses outside of gaming unlike consoles which only have other entertainment media uses outside of gaming but the value in having a physical disc player has greatly diminished since the majority of people stream nowadays and streaming isn't something you need a console for since there are much cheaper devices that can stream or your TV itself already having streaming features.

Yeah we are Aussies though and the exchange rate was god awful at the time.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

I'm expecting the xsx to come in at 499, and wouldn't be surprised if Sony launch at 399. Sony cant afford ps5 to tank, and they'll be looking for any edge they can get, whereas ms are more looking for money from gamepass, live and digital sales...be that on PC or xbox.

faponte13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 faponte13
Member since 2013 • 263 Posts

@i_p_daily:

Min wage in USA $7.25. 55 hours of work to buy one.

Min wage in Australia $18. 30 hours of work to buy one.

A kid working for min will have a lot easier time buying one in Australia than here.

faponte13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 faponte13

@i_p_daily:

A kid working for min will have a lot easier time buying one in Australia than here.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#83 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

They wont be anymore than 500. Sony might actually push for 400 but that would mean a weaker console than XSX.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Bluestars

15 MS studios putting games on gamepass day one means the new Xbox price is irrelevant if you buy Xbox console exclusives,think of it as an initial outlay then the money you would have spent on halo,gears,forza,fable,outer worlds2,hellblade2and all the other games coming throughout the Gen paying for your console

And no,gamepass ultimate is not 120 a year,if you use your loaf it’s £50 at most though cdkeys and about a fiver a year if you make a new account whenever there is a £1,3 month deal,as long as there is an account with GPU you can use your main account

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By npiet1

@faponte13 said:

@i_p_daily:

That's completely wrong lol. That's only if you are over 18. The minimum wage is $7 for under 18 but realistically most places pay $9. So it's actually 61 hours. So no kids would have an easier time in the USA.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Gatygun

399 is already steep. higher then that and they will have to drop it in the first year straight out.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4369 Posts

also got to factor in a 7,2000 rpm 4tb hdd desk top to into the price. seeing that 1 tb sdd will do jack sht for storage. seeing if current trend of 100 to 200gb installs of a game. that before the fake 4k assets added to install size. 8k ahahahahah funny hell no.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Gatygun

@firedrakes said:

also got to factor in a 7,2000 rpm 4tb hdd desk top to into the price. seeing that 1 tb sdd will do jack sht for storage. seeing if current trend of 100 to 200gb installs of a game. that before the fake 4k assets added to install size. 8k ahahahahah funny hell no.

Honestly the whole 8k stuff is laughable at best. As good luck downloading a 500gb game or installing one from a bluray drive because hey gotta get that speed of that ssd right.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4369 Posts

@Gatygun: so true. it amazes how dumb people are atm on the storage size and disk speed. neither are asking those question. hell the people that suppose to be game journalism are not asking that question to.

faponte13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 faponte13

@npiet1: I'm sorry I'm a bit older. When I say kid I ment people around there late teens or 20s. I didnt literally mean children. I don't think most kids 17 or under buy there own consoles anyway. So my point is if you didnt manage to land a great job out of high school/college you would still have an easier time affording a console in Australia. And that's without including college dept.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 npiet1

@faponte13 said:

@npiet1: I'm sorry I'm a bit older. When I say kid I ment people around there late teens or 20s. I didnt literally mean children. I don't think most kids 17 or under buy there own consoles anyway. So my point is if you didnt manage to land a great job out of high school/college you would still have an easier time affording a console in Australia. And that's without including college dept.

Cost of living is about the same. Things cost more here but we have more income. So it's about the same for adults.

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Australia/United-States/Cost-of-living