Price comparison PS4 vs PC(way more powerful than PS4)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@MK-Professor said:

WOW just WOW Wasdie you restore to the monitor argument now?

You talk about value, let me tell you something, this PC is going to me used for everything(you know what I mean) + gaming

The "monitor argument" is completely valid. You guys "WOW just WOW" and then trying to downplay that argument doesn't actually make it invalid like you're hoping.

Did I not just tell you that I agree in the long run the PC is going to be a better value? However the upfront cost is still going to be much higher for building a PC. You're the one skipping around the fact that your PC lacks an OS and can't play DVDs or Blu-Rays like the PS4 can. The PS4 also has far many more software related features further closing that gap between consoles and PCs. The PCs have way more diverse software, but the PS4 actually has the ability to use Skype, record video, stream, watch streams, watch popular streaming services through apps, and browse the web (it even has a trackpad now which is nice for browsing the internet). So while the PC still has more value and use, the PS4 has much more than any console has had before.

Also I'm going to assume that said person already has a PC of some sort, probably a laptop. If they do not, then I would recommend them purchasing some sort of a PC, or a device that can handle most of the tasks of a PC (tablets work too) before buying a game console. And if they didn't already have a PC, then they would have to purchase a monitor making your comparison even weaker.

monitor argument is completely invalid. The above PC only cost £118 more, it get more use(not just games) it is way more powerful + 5 free games.

I am not trying to deceive anybody here, i just stating facts.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

why can't we just admit that the initial investment for a PC is expensive?

It may be counteracted later by cheaper games, and no online fee, but buying a PC is expensive

DING, DING, DING.

Fvcking this, I'm dreading upgrading for this next gen.

The consoles also aren't cheap either mind, Gaming is an expensive hobby.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

It may be counteracted later by cheaper games, and no online fee, but buying a PC is expensive

DING, DING, DING.

Do you already have a decent PC? Might just need a GPU upgrade. That is one benefit of PC gaming, is you can reuse parts for a while.

Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts

Does the PC have MGS, UC, KZ, GOW, GT, TLOU, Infamous, LBP, R&C, FF, TO? No? That's the difference. I'm getting the best from both worlds, so this childish bickering doesn't affect me at all.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

DING, DING, DING.

Do you already have a decent PC? Might just need a GPU upgrade. That is one benefit of PC gaming, is you can reuse parts for a while.

Yeah, I actually don't feel i even need to upgrade anytime soon with my Gtx 580 custom OC'd to around 920, 2200. i7 920 at 4.2 gigz and my 6gb ddr3 ram.

But that could change in a heartbeat.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#56  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@MK-Professor: "monitor argument" is not invalid. Stop being thick. You're not stating facts, you're stating a conclusion you came to based up on assumptions you made all while furthering the goal of all arguments made against you.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lostrib

@Szminsky said:

Does the PC have MGS, UC, KZ, GOW, GT, TLOU, Infamous, LBP, R&C, FF, TO? No? That's the difference. I'm getting the best from both worlds, so this childish bickering doesn't affect me at all.

The PS4 doesn't have all of those either

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

You didnt include the cost of PSN over 8 years and more expensive games and less deals.

PC overall is FACTUALLY: cheaper, has better gfx/performance, more high rated games, more high rated exclusives, more genres, better online, actually has a competative scene, actually has mods, best version of nearly all multiplats, most controllers(SteamController, PS4, PS3, X360, XONE), has streaming to any tv or device to your house, etc. ....got damn.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@MK-Professor said:

@Wasdie said:

@MK-Professor said:

WOW just WOW Wasdie you restore to the monitor argument now?

You talk about value, let me tell you something, this PC is going to me used for everything(you know what I mean) + gaming

The "monitor argument" is completely valid. You guys "WOW just WOW" and then trying to downplay that argument doesn't actually make it invalid like you're hoping.

Did I not just tell you that I agree in the long run the PC is going to be a better value? However the upfront cost is still going to be much higher for building a PC. You're the one skipping around the fact that your PC lacks an OS and can't play DVDs or Blu-Rays like the PS4 can. The PS4 also has far many more software related features further closing that gap between consoles and PCs. The PCs have way more diverse software, but the PS4 actually has the ability to use Skype, record video, stream, watch streams, watch popular streaming services through apps, and browse the web (it even has a trackpad now which is nice for browsing the internet). So while the PC still has more value and use, the PS4 has much more than any console has had before.

Also I'm going to assume that said person already has a PC of some sort, probably a laptop. If they do not, then I would recommend them purchasing some sort of a PC, or a device that can handle most of the tasks of a PC (tablets work too) before buying a game console. And if they didn't already have a PC, then they would have to purchase a monitor making your comparison even weaker.

monitor argument is completely invalid. The above PC only cost £118 more, it get more use(not just games) it is way more powerful + 5 free games.

I am not trying to deceive anybody here, i just stating facts.

Wow, lets play all those cools games.... o wait, I have no monitor.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 clyde46

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

DING, DING, DING.

Yeah, I actually don't feel i even need to upgrade anytime soon with my Gtx 580 custom OC'd to around 920, 2200. i7 920 at 4.2 gigz and my 6gb ddr3 ram.

Dem first gen i7's. I remember the race to 4GHz very well.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

@Szminsky: There are MGS and FF games for the PC. Most of those you listed aren't even on the PS4 lol

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@FragTycoon said:

Yet another "cheep gaming PC" that no self respecting PC gamer would buy.

OS? So if you're saying you can just use a OS from a friend (you're full of it by the way) then I can just borrow 50 console games from a friend rendering you're "I get free games" mute? amiright?

KB?

Mouse?

Headset?

Herms should give up on the "no really, PC gaming is cheep" because it's not.

Agree.

PC gamers always boast about the superior PC graphics. They always forget to mention that you need an expensive video card to have the new games maxed out.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ReadingRainbow4

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

DING, DING, DING.

Dem first gen i7's. I remember the race to 4GHz very well.

Got lucky with getting one with D0 stepping, it still works as great as the day I got it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 lostrib

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

DING, DING, DING.

Probably don't now, maybe in the future since the 580 only has 1.5Gb VRAM

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Jankarcop

@Suppaman100 said:

@FragTycoon said:

Yet another "cheep gaming PC" that no self respecting PC gamer would buy.

OS? So if you're saying you can just use a OS from a friend (you're full of it by the way) then I can just borrow 50 console games from a friend rendering you're "I get free games" mute? amiright?

KB?

Mouse?

Headset?

Herms should give up on the "no really, PC gaming is cheep" because it's not.

Agree.

This is like including the price of a$1500 1080p tv for Consoles.

You're going to say "who doesn't have a 1080P TV"

I'm going to say..Who doesn't have a kb/m/monitor/headset/os (which is all cheaper than that tv)?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

DING, DING, DING.

Ideally, I'd like to wait and see what AMD's new offerings are, Nvidia price/performance wise lately hasn't been all that impressive.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MK-Professor

@Wasdie said:

@MK-Professor: "monitor argument" is not invalid. Stop being thick. You're not stating facts, you're stating a conclusion you came to based up on assumptions you made all while furthering the goal of all arguments made against you.

I see you can win any argument, and you resorting to insults, classic...

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Kinda unrelated but how will that Watchdogs bundle work now?

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

The motherfucking OS is missing you filthy pirate. Or do you dare to claim ps4 comes without OS?

Add £69.77

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ReadingRainbow4

@MK-Professor said:

@Wasdie said:

What the hell is a Peasante?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Jankarcop

@Locutus_Picard said:

The motherfucking OS is missing you filthy pirate. Or do you dare to claim ps4 comes without OS?

Add £69.77

Add $400 for one generation of PSN.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By clyde46

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

DING, DING, DING.

Ideally, I'd like to wait and see what AMD's new offerings are, Nvidia price/performance wise lately hasn't been all that impressive.

The 290X is currently below Titan level price for just above Titan level performance.

KellyKelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 KellyKelly
Member since 2013 • 386 Posts

@MK-Professor said:

@Wasdie said:

No OS and no blu-ray drive. If you want to compare hardware you should at include all of the features of the PS4. You're also assuming you have a keyboard/mouse as the PS4 does come with a controller for input.

Furthermore if we want to look at that PC as a PC compared to other PC's it's not very good. It won't last you as long as a PS4 will. Eventually even the console ports on the PC will require more hardware than that PC has while they will still fit a version on the PS4/Xbox One.

I already explain myself for the OS, also you don't need a blu-ray drive or any drive, and everyone have a keyboard/mouse laying around.

also you need to take in to account that i didn't add the cost from online that you need very year for ps4.

This pc will still play games with better graphics and performance than consoles even after years.

so you point is mute.

Wasdie is 100% right and you're 100% butthurt

I suggest you go play outside

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#74 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@MK-Professor said:

@Wasdie said:

I can't argue against somebody who is deliberately being ignorant and constantly moving the goals of the argument so that they can seems like they are winning.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Locutus_Picard

@Jankarcop said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

Add £69.77

Add $250 monitor, $20 keyboard (a good one, not dinky toys), a good $30-$50 gaming mouse, also you need $100 or more for good case fans and/or good heat sinks. OP went for a barebones shitty build that would burn the house down to run games on medium or higher.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ReadingRainbow4

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

DING, DING, DING.

The 290X is currently below Titan level price for just above Titan level performance.

I actually think I may really go AMD this time around and just keep my gtx 580 in the future for Physx.

But I'll wait a bit for the prices to go down I think. There's no rush in upgrading at the moment.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lostrib

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

Add £69.77

Add $250 monitor, $20 keyboard (a good one, not dinky toys), a good $30-$50 gaming mouse, also you need $100 or more for good case fans and/or good heat sinks. OP went for a barebones shitty build that would burn the house down to run games on medium or higher.

No, just no.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

Add £69.77

Add in the cost of a DS4 or Xbox Controller as well because lots of PC gamers use gamepads. I know I did when I was previously PC only.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 MK-Professor

@Wasdie said:

@MK-Professor said:

@Wasdie said:

I can't argue against somebody who is deliberately being ignorant and constantly moving the goals of the argument so that they can seems like they are winning.

I am sure that if I was calling you "thick" and "ignorant" I will be in trouble now.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Pretty much. It's funny to see peasants in denial here.

It's true that the initial investment of a PC is more expensive, but it is easily paid off by cheap games in the long run unlike consoles. Realistically, PC gaming is cheaper if you're a real gamer who buy a large amount of games.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Locutus_Picard

@lostrib said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

Add £69.77

No, just no.

Yes, stop your delusions that a PC can work without a monitor and you can use $5 fisher price keyboard to game decently. Benchmark temperatures on stock case fans, go ahead, especially with this shitty tower with abysmal airflow construction.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@Cyberdot said:

Pretty much. It's funny to see peasants in denial here.

It's true that the initial investment of a PC is more expensive, but it is easily paid off by cheap games in the long run unlike consoles. Realistically, PC gaming is cheaper if you're a real gamer who buys a large amount of games.

I'm a casual gamer. Keep flexing your e-peen over a gaming rig. It surely it not anything to brag bout in real life.

akimbo_atato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 akimbo_atato
Member since 2013 • 42 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

Add £69.77

Add in the cost of a DS4 or Xbox Controller as well because lots of PC gamers use gamepads. I know I did when I was previously PC only.

THat's taking it a bit too far.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Locutus_Picard

@lostrib said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

Add £69.77

No, just no.

Conclusion:

The Aerocool Strike-X One isn’t going to be the next great PC tower because it doesn’t offer all the features that we are used to seeing in a case. The retails between $50 to $60 and you get that most worth of features. The case does offer numerous cooling possibilities but you will have to buy all the fans yourself as the case one comes with one rear mounted one.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

why would anyone pick that piece of shit PS4 with barely games over a Gaming rig that happens to be more powerrful,better games and you can do more with it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 lostrib

@Locutus_Picard said:

@lostrib said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

Add £69.77

No, just no.

Yes, stop your delusions that a PC can work without a monitor and you can use $5 fisher price keyboard to game decently. Benchmark temperatures on stock case fans, go ahead, especially with this shitty tower with abysmal airflow construction.

Monitor is not usually included in the price, unless you want to start including the price of a TV/monitor in cost of a PS4. But you can get a perfectly fine one for less than $200. You can get a perfectly fine keyboard/Mouse combo for $30 or less. And you do not need to spend $100 on fans

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

DING, DING, DING.

Not really it depnds on the game and resolutions. For example with BF3 maxed with 4XAA at 2560x1440 a GTX 780 is right between a standard 290x and uber 290x And the Titan beats the 290x uber by 6 fps . the with Crysis 3 same resolution and on high settings with FXAA again the GTX 780 is between the 290x's while the Titan has a slight edge of a few fps. The only reason why the 290x performs overall better then 780 and titan with certain games is its memory buffer size and bus width.

Also should note that Nvidia has done a price cut on 770's and 780's dropping their prices over $100

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@Tessellation said:

why would anyone pick that piece of shit PS4 with barely games over a Gaming rig that happens to be more powerrful,better games and you can do more with it.

Because not every one cares about the same things you do. I have no need for a desktop computer so it would be strictly a gaming machine.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 clyde46

@Locutus_Picard said:

@lostrib said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

Add £69.77

No, just no.

Conclusion:

The Aerocool Strike-X One isn’t going to be the next great PC tower because it doesn’t offer all the features that we are used to seeing in a case. The retails between $50 to $60 and you get that most worth of features. The case does offer numerous cooling possibilities but you will have to buy all the fans yourself as the case one comes with one rear mounted one.

My god that case is hideous.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

TC should have included a bluetooth headset (some 100 buck) or 5.1 surround system to the console costs. It doesn´t come included. You can´t play without sound.

Plus at least 50 bucks for psn/xlive yearly subscription.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Locutus_Picard

@akimbo_atato said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

Add £69.77

Perhaps, but good kb/m support is waning, some games straight up say to use a pad.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Locutus_Picard

@clyde46 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@lostrib said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

Add £69.77

No, just no.

Conclusion:

My god that case is hideous.

It has a big fat X on it, like all the cool kids have.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 lostrib

@Locutus_Picard said:

@akimbo_atato said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

Add £69.77

Perhaps, but good kb/m support is waning, some games straight up say to use a pad.

the only game that comes to mind is Dark Souls, and maybe sports/fighting games

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Locutus_Picard

@lostrib said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@akimbo_atato said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

Add £69.77

the only game that comes to mind is Dark Souls, and maybe sports/fighting games

I wouldn't want to play DMC on a keyboard, or the multi award winning Garshasp. Bastion maybe, racing games (you can't tether a button on kb).

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By clyde46

@jhonMalcovich said:

TC should have included a bluetooth headset (some 100 buck) or 5.1 surround system to the console costs. It doesn´t come included. You can´t play without sound.

You get a headset with both consoles and both consoles will output sound through a TV.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 lostrib

@clyde46 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

You get a headset with both consoles and both consoles will output sound through a TV.

does the TV come with the Console?

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

Are you sure of that ? Headsets weren´t included into the basic bundles of PS3 and Xbox 360.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 lostrib

@jhonMalcovich said:

@clyde46 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

Are you sure of that ? Headsets weren´t included into the basic bundles of PS3 and Xbox 360.

Yes they do, although the PS4 one looks laughable (it's an earbud with an in line mic). But the 360 came with a cheap headset

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Locutus_Picard

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

If you want to play it off that venue, you might as well buy a $200 Vita for offscreen play, no TV needed. But I will need to plump down $250 for a 1440p monitor.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 clyde46

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

No, however you are more likely to have access to a TV compared to a monitor.