Price comparison PS4 vs PC(way more powerful than PS4)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

A £568 PC that is way more powerful than PS4 + 5 free games(bioshock infinite, crysis3 link, + radeon gold reward link)

VS

A £450 PS4 + 1 game (Watch dogs)

many console gamers will say that windows are missing, but the thing is that everyone have a copy of windows laying around, or can get a free copy from uni or from a friend etc

some will say that it is £118 more expensive, but ignoring the fact that it is way more powerful than PS4 and it comes with 5 free games, and it is a PC meaning that you can use it for everything, not just games.

also if you notice i didn't choose the cheapest components, for example i choose a quality PSU, I didn't choose the cheapest HD7950 but a one with aftermarket cooler and OC, I did NOT choose the cheapest case, etc

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

@MK-Professor said:

A £568 PC that is way more powerful than PS4 + 5 free games(bioshock infinite, crysis3 link, + radeon gold reward link)

VS

A £450 PS4 + 1 game (Watch dogs)

many console gamers will say that windows are missing, but the thing is that everyone have a copy of windows laying around, or can get a free copy from uni or from a friend etc

some will say that it is £118 more expensive, but ignoring the fact that it is way more powerful than PS4 and it comes with 5 free games, and it is a PC meaning that you can use it for everything, not just games.

also if you notice i didn't choose the cheapest components, for example i choose a quality PSU, I didn't choose the cheapest HD7950 but a one with aftermarket cooler and OC, I did NOT choose the cheapest case, etc

Even if you have to pay for windows it's a still a better deal. Plus realistically you can add the price of online as well as any peripherals to the PS4 costs as well.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 menes777

@StrongBlackVine said:

Don't care. Go back to your basement.

The intellect is strong with this one.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

aw, someone is insecure.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

PC gaming destroys PlayStation.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Lol at the damage control.

Even the herms are scared of the PS4. XD

BTW PC game developers prefer to game on consoles!

"Personally, I prefer to play games on console rather than PC" -David Pollard from Eiconic games

Sauce

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

aw, someone is insecure.

Nope. I really just don't care. PC gaming is irrelevant to me right now.

@menes777 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

Suck it.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

AMD cpu? Ewwwwww....

and a hexa core too...

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Yes but PC misses the most important aspect. Console exclusives.

And that's why you'll ALWAYS miss out if you're PC only.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'll stick with my PS4 preorder as I prefer consoles and PS4 will have games that enjoy that the PC gamers won't be able to play on their hefty hardware.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@Gue1 said:

"Personally, I prefer to play games on console rather than PC" -David Pollard from Eiconic games

Sauce

Umm Eiconic Games make mobile and handheld games.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By menes777

@Gue1 said:

Sauce

Wow one guy says it and represents the whole group? Ummm yeah that's not it works there ace, but nice try. ;)

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 menes777

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

aw, someone is insecure.

@menes777 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

Suck it.

Then why even respond? You just sound like you are in full Damage Control. It's ok I am sure your parents will buy you a PS4 for Xmas. ;)

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

No OS and no blu-ray drive. If you want to compare hardware you should at include all of the features of the PS4. You're also assuming you have a keyboard/mouse as the PS4 does come with a controller for input. You would be surprised how many people only have a mouse laying around as since the rise of laptops people don't have keyboards just everywhere.

Furthermore if we want to look at that PC as a PC compared to other PC's it's not very good. It won't last you as long as a PS4 will. Eventually even the console ports on the PC will require more hardware than that PC has while they will still fit a version on the PS4/Xbox One.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

Of course you don´t,that´s why you were one of the very first to post in the thread saying...that you don´t care.

Those are the ones who care the most,otherwise they wouldn´t even open the thread in the first place,that´s "not caring".

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrYaotubo

@Suppaman100 said:

Yes but that PC misses the most important aspect. Console exclusives.

Yes but the consoles miss the most important aspect. PC exclusives.

And that´s why you´ll ALWAYS miss if you´re console only.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MK-Professor

@Wasdie said:

No OS and no blu-ray drive. If you want to compare hardware you should at include all of the features of the PS4. You're also assuming you have a keyboard/mouse as the PS4 does come with a controller for input.

Furthermore if we want to look at that PC as a PC compared to other PC's it's not very good. It won't last you as long as a PS4 will. Eventually even the console ports on the PC will require more hardware than that PC has while they will still fit a version on the PS4/Xbox One.

I already explain myself for the OS, also you don't need a blu-ray drive or any drive, and everyone have a keyboard/mouse laying around.

also you need to take in to account that i didn't add the cost from online that you need very year for ps4.

This pc will still play games with better graphics and performance than consoles even after years.

so you point is mute.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

Consolites miss out on PC exclusives too. I bought a PS3 last year + the best PS3 exclusives and it didn't cost me much at all. I didn't miss out on anything by not owning them when they launched because the best Playstation games are always single player. If I were to buy a PS4 at launch then the games would be priced at £40. PS4 + 10 games and other things like PS+ is not far off £1000. PC gaming is cheaper than console gaming and far better.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Where's the monitor ? and keyboard ? and speakers ? Oh wait.. you don't wanna scare people off with that extra 200 bucks right ?

Why is that PS4 so expensive in the first place? BTW £ = 1.60 dollars. That build cost almost 1000 dollars vs the 400 dollar PS4 with no monitor mouse, keyboard or speaker.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Just stop it with this crap.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lostrib

@Joedgabe said:

Where's the monitor ? and keyboard ? and speakers ? Oh wait.. you don't wanna scare people off with that extra 200 bucks right ?

Why is that PS4 so expensive in the first place? BTW £ = 1.60 dollars. That build cost almost 1000 dollars vs the 400 dollar PS4 with no monitor mouse, keyboard or speaker.

Wait, when did the PS4 start coming packaged with speakers and a monitor/TV?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

This isn't at all relative.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@MrYaotubo said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Indeed and that's why you never go PC only or console only.

Although if I had to choose, I would pick console over PC.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrYaotubo

@Suppaman100 said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Indeed and that's why you never go PC only or console only.

Although if I had to choose, I would pick console over PC.

Pretty much,I agree.

Though in my case if I had to choose,I would pick the PC over any console.

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26 Muffin2020
Member since 2013 • 534 Posts

1) You forgot the operating system.

2) PS4 cost £350.00 in the UK and not £450.00.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@MK-Professor said:

@Wasdie said:

No OS and no blu-ray drive. If you want to compare hardware you should at include all of the features of the PS4. You're also assuming you have a keyboard/mouse as the PS4 does come with a controller for input.

I already explain myself for the OS, also you don't need a blu-ray drive or any drive, and everyone have a keyboard/mouse laying around.

also you need to take in to account that i didn't add the cost from online that you need very year for ps4.

This pc will still play games with better graphics and performance than consoles even after years.

so you point is mute.

Everybody does not have a free OS laying around nor do they have a keyboard and mouse laying around. Those assumptions make YOUR argument moot.Also if you want to do a proper comparison between price/value (which is really what's going on here), you need to add a Blu-ray drive. If you're buying a gaming device just for power it would be foolish to ever consider a console as everybody knows their strength is within their value they offer, not how much power they have.

So you're making major assumptions here and my point about the PC not able to keep up to even the console multiplats in many years is backed by this very generation, where the PCs made in 2006 could barely run anything modern. Though I will admit that advancements to CPUs have greatly slowed and CPUs have hit a point where even mid-range far exceed the amount of power needed for software so we probably won't see a decently power CPU being outdated and unable to run new games in a few years like we did this gen.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@menes777 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

aw, someone is insecure.

@menes777 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

Suck it.

Then why even respond? You just sound like you are in full Damage Control. It's ok I am sure your parents will buy you a PS4 for Xmas. ;)

I bought a PS4 with my own money that will be delivered on November 15th.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@lostrib: Good point. However when i had to buy my PC i had to buy everything because it wasn't included in the house already like the family tv is to watch movies in HD. Also need a table for the PC. These are all things that come to mind for a person that is seriously thinking of buying a PC. But if you think you're all good and want to blow 1k bucks for a gaming PC and just deal with w/e other accessories you had from the one before sure. And why the HDD? if you're willing to spend go for the SSD.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lostrib

@Joedgabe said:

@lostrib: Good point. However when i had to buy my PC i had to buy everything because it wasn't included in the house already like the family tv is to watch movies in HD. Also need a table for the PC. These are all things that come to mind for a person that is seriously thinking of buying a PC. But if you think you're all good and want to blow 1k bucks for a gaming PC and just deal with w/e other accessories you had from the one before sure. And why the HDD? if you're willing to spend go for the SSD.

Because he was making a budget build so SSD is pretty much the first to go.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@Joedgabe: I always figured it was fine to drop those from the argument because nobody ever adds those to the cost of a console.

However I do know a lot of gamers coming from laptops who are looking into PCs next gen do have to factor in the price of monitors, keyboards, mice, and a good set of speakers/headsets. This really depends on who's doing the build.

Generally people who have built PCs before or inherited things can ignore some of the costs. However if you've been a console gamer who has never owned a gaming PC before and has been using a laptop for the past 5 years, there are going to be even more additional costs when moving to PC gaming.

However once that initial capital is acquired, it's much cheaper and less painful to upgrade in the future.

The whole point of this debate is to argue value, which is going to be better for the money next generation. Console gamers who just started playing games with their Xbox 360 or PS3 probably do not have anything invested into PC gaming. While they have a TV, they probably lack a monitor. Unless they live alone or want to set up their PC where their TV is located, using a TV for a monitor is not really going to work so in the majority of situations a console gamer is going to have to add a monitor to the cost.

It's a difficult decision for the non-hardcore gamers. Many people know the value of owning a really nice PC but the initial investment is a huge step. It's way easier and cheaper for most gamers to just stick with consoles than to make the push. Having the best graphics doesn't mean as much to them. Most gamers are fine with being able to play the latest games without the hassle of PC gaming or the cost of setting it up.

Funny story though, I had the exact opposite happen to me when I moved to my new apartment. I had a PC with two monitors and everything was good, but my 2nd monitor was also a really shitty TV I used for my PS3/360 and I was running out of desk space. So I ended up buying a $800 plamsa TV pretty much for them. Now of course I got more value than just playing video games on the TV, but that's it's #1 use.

It's very situational.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

Complete US build w/ OS

$159.98 after $10 MIR - AMD FX-6300 Vishera Six-Core CPU + GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 Motherboard

$56.99 - Team Dark Series 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

$139.99 after $30 MIR - PowerColor PCS+ Radeon HD 7870 MYST. Edition (Tahiti LE) 2GB Video Card + Free Games

$39.99 after $20 MIR - EVGA 600 B 80+ Bronze 600w Power Supply

$64.99 - Seagate 1TB Internal Hard Drive

$45.00 - Windows 8

$17.99 - LITE-ON DVD Burner

$29.99 after $10 MIR - Rosewill REDBONE Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

$8.99 - LITE-ON Black USB Wired Keyboard

$12.99 - Perixx Wireless 1600 DPI Optical Mouse

_______

$576.90

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

Yet another "cheep gaming PC" that no self respecting PC gamer would buy.

OS? So if you're saying you can just use a OS from a friend (you're full of it by the way) then I can just borrow 50 console games from a friend rendering you're "I get free games" mute? amiright?

KB?

Mouse?

Headset?

Herms should give up on the "no really, PC gaming is cheep" because it's not.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MK-Professor

@Wasdie said:

@MK-Professor said:

@Wasdie said:

so you point is mute.

Everybody does not have a free OS laying around nor do they have a keyboard and mouse laying around. Those assumptions make YOUR argument moot.Also if you want to do a proper comparison between price/value (which is really what's going on here), you need to add a Blu-ray drive. If you're buying a gaming device just for power it would be foolish to ever consider a console as everybody knows their strength is within their value they offer, not how much power they have.

So you're making major assumptions here and my point about the PC not able to keep up to even the console multiplats in many years is backed by this very generation, where the PCs made in 2006 could barely run anything modern. Though I will admit that advancements to CPUs have greatly slowed and CPUs have hit a point where even mid-range far exceed the amount of power needed for software so we probably won't see a decently power CPU being outdated and unable to run new games in a few years like we did this gen.

Do you realize that cost for online that you need to pay for PS4 for the next 7 years will cost you 4-5 times more than the OS+ keyboard and mouse? Also you don't need a Blu-ray drive, you don't even need iot for movies LOL

same exact words were said back in 2006 - "a 8800GTX wont play the games the ps3 will put out in a few years time" LOLOLOLOLOLOL

today a 8800GTX from 2006(that is older than ps3) still play games with better graphics and performance than consoles.

The same is true today with the HD7950 at 925MHz(not to mention that you can OC to 1100+)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lostrib

@FragTycoon said:

Yet another "cheep gaming PC" that no self respecting PC gamer would buy.

OS? So if you're saying you can just use a OS from a friend (you're full of it by the way) then I can just borrow 50 console games from a friend rendering you're "I get free games" mute? amiright?

KB?

Mouse?

Headset?

Herms should give up on the "no really, PC gaming is cheep" because it's not.

I'm sure plenty of budget pc gamers would buy something similar

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Umm no. Why must we always just "scape" by. If you are building a rig and you aren't spending at least £1000 on it then you are doing it wrong.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#37 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Yes that PC is stronger, but not by much. PS4 costs less and will give you better graphics than that PC with the level of optimizing PS4 will reach. We are talking about a PC that will get 25-45FPS on C3 maxed at 1080p. That is pretty weak with Shadow Fall running at better FPS and better graphics. Don't even compare with second gen PS4 games... lol

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@MK-Professor said:

Do you realize that cost for online that you need to pay for PS4 for the next 7 years will cost you 4-5 times more than the OS+ keyboard and mouse? Also you don't need a Blu-ray drive, you don't even need iot for movies LOL

same exact words were said back in 2006 - "a 8800GTX wont play the games the ps3 will put out in a few years time" LOLOLOLOLOLOL

today a 8800GTX from 2006(that is older than ps3) still play games with better graphics and performance than consoles.

The same is true today with the HD7950 at 925MHz(not to mention that you can OC to 1100+)

Again, you're missing the point of this comparison. Stop being so thick. You're removing a feature that the PS4 offers so you can lower the price of the PC. You cannot do that if you are directly comparing the two. Everybody here knows a PC is more powerful, the fact that you're trying to convince people doesn't make sense as you're beating a dead horse that you probably helped kill. You're too focused on power when the real competition is about value. Furthermore that PC isn't that much more powerful than the PS4.

I agree that in the long run a PC is a better value (cheaper games, free online, better power/price ratio), but your comparison is terrible because you're omitting features and making assumptions. 5-7 years down the road doesn't matter for somebody who has the money to drop right now. If a PC is going to cost several hundred more initially, it's going to be a tough sell. From the perspective of somebody who probably doesn't have a gaming PC, your computer offers less value, is more expensive, and doesn't even have all of the stuff it would need to run assuming they could get a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

If you're looking at a true 100% virgin to PC gaming, then you need to add on a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and probably a set of headphones. After adding those you've probably added 4-5 years of PSN cost. Then if they don't want to have to upgrade their hardware in two years to play the latest PC exclusives that are going to be pretty demanding, they'll need to put some better hardware in that PC.

It's not black and white like you're trying to make it out to be. That's why your comparison is stupid and the whole debate is pointless.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By clyde46

@Wasdie said:

@MK-Professor said:

Again, you're missing the point of a comparison. Stop being so thick. You're removing a feature that the PS4 offers so you can lower the price of the PC. You cannot do that if you are directly comparing the two. Everybody here knows a PC is more powerful, the fact that you're trying to convince people doesn't make sense as you're beating a dead horse that you probably helped kill. You're too focused on power when the real competition is about value.

I agree that in the long run a PC is a better value (cheaper games, free online, better power/price ratio), but your comparison is terrible because you're omitting features and making assumptions. 5-7 years down the road doesn't matter for somebody who has the money to drop right now. If a PC is going to cost several hundred more initially, it's going to be a tough sell. From the perspective of somebody who probably doesn't have a gaming PC, your computer offers less value, is more expensive, and doesn't even have all of the stuff it would need to run assuming they could get a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

If you're looking at a true 100% virgin to PC gaming, then you need to add on a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and probably a set of headphones. After adding those you've probably added 4-5 years of PSN cost.

It's not black and white like you're trying to make it out to be. That's why your comparison is stupid and the whole debate is pointless.

And that as we say folks, was that.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lostrib

@KillzoneSnake said:

Yes that PC is stronger, but not by much. PS4 costs less and will give you better graphics than that PC with the level of optimizing PS4 will reach. We are talking about a PC that will get 25-45FPS on C3 maxed at 1080p. That is pretty weak with Shadow Fall running at better FPS and better graphics. Don't even compare with second gen PS4 games... lol

you're just speculating. And you can't compare two different games, you would need to compare the same game

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

PC is nice and all for multiplats and modding, but the exclusives I want the most are only on the PS3/PS4.

So, unless there's a developer making a game I WANT that is 100% devoted to PC gaming and no other platforms, the hardware power is irrelevant.

I'll gladly play BF4 a TAD watered down on a PS4 if it means I can get all those Uncharted/God of War/Shadow of the Colossus/MLBtheShow/Killzone Sony exclusives too.

Some day I'll upgrade my PC, but today is not that day! Maybe in 2015?

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MK-Professor

@Wasdie said:

@MK-Professor said:

Again, you're missing the point of a comparison. Stop being so thick. You're removing a feature that the PS4 offers so you can lower the price of the PC. You cannot do that if you are directly comparing the two. Everybody here knows a PC is more powerful, the fact that you're trying to convince people doesn't make sense as you're beating a dead horse that you probably helped kill. You're too focused on power when the real competition is about value.

If you're looking at a true 100% virgin to PC gaming, then you need to add on a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and probably a set of headphones. After adding those you've probably added 4-5 years of PSN cost.

WOW just WOW Wasdie you restore to the monitor argument now?

You talk about value, let me tell you something, this PC is going to be used for everything(you know what I mean) + gaming

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@MK-Professor said:

You talk about value, let me tell you something, this PC is going to me used for everything(you know what I mean) + gaming

The "monitor argument" is completely valid. You guys "WOW just WOW" and then trying to downplay that argument doesn't actually make it invalid like you're hoping.

Did I not just tell you that I agree in the long run the PC is going to be a better value? However the upfront cost is still going to be much higher for building a PC. You're the one skipping around the fact that your PC lacks an OS and can't play DVDs or Blu-Rays like the PS4 can. The PS4 also has far many more software related features further closing that gap between consoles and PCs. The PCs have way more diverse software, but the PS4 actually has the ability to use Skype, record video, stream, watch streams, watch popular streaming services through apps, and browse the web (it even has a trackpad now which is nice for browsing the internet). So while the PC still has more value and use, the PS4 has much more than any console has had before.

Also I'm going to assume that said person already has a PC of some sort, probably a laptop. If they do not, then I would recommend them purchasing some sort of a PC, or a device that can handle most of the tasks of a PC (tablets work too) before buying a game console. And if they didn't already have a PC, then they would have to purchase a monitor making your comparison even weaker.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 clyde46

@MK-Professor said:

@Wasdie said:

@MK-Professor said:

You talk about value, let me tell you something, this PC is going to be used for everything(you know what I mean) + gaming

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lostrib

why can't we just admit that the initial investment for a PC is expensive?

It may be counteracted later by cheaper games, and no online fee, but buying a PC is expensive

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 clyde46

@lostrib said:

why can't we just admit that the initial investment for a PC is expensive?

It may be counteracted later by cheaper games, and no online fee, but buying a PC is expensive

DING, DING, DING.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Wasdie  Moderator

@lostrib: I have no idea. PC gaming is more expensive but you get far more value in the long run. I don't know why some PC games here insist on trying to convince us all PC gaming isn't expensive.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@KillzoneSnake said:

What a load of BS , a 7950 is 3.3 TFLOP while the PS4 gpu is 1.84 , a 7950 is nearly 85% faster then it in processing power. Also Crysis 3 is a monster to run maxed out, and you think even the PS4 will be able to the job lol no just no. A 7850 or even 7870 which are in the area of gpu as the PS4 which only averages 22 fps.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lostrib

@Wasdie said:

@lostrib: I have no idea. PC gaming is more expensive but you get far more value in the long run. I don't know why some PC games here insist on trying to convince us all PC gaming isn't expensive.

It's expensive, but worth it for me. I use my PC for everything, and continuously have a massive backlog of games (that might not be a good thing)

But even my budget build in college was like 500-600 dollars at least (damn floods in thailand) not counting monitor/peripherals, and including student discount on Win7

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

blah blah blah specs. As I said in a previous thread, show me a PC that costs the same as a PS4 running a multiplat game and looking better. Until that day comes, PS4 is a better deal. I literally want to see a screenshot from fraps on said $400 PC playing said multiplayer game at the same (or higher if you want) resolution as the PS4 version and looking better while running at a similar FPS as the PS4 version. Give me that, and I will forever chant upon the mountain tops of the greatness that is PC.