Poll: Console gamers why do you prefer console gaming over PC gaming?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

Consoles are cheap, easy to use,optimized already, and have games I like.

If ever I can get a suitable gaming PC for $300-400 without alot of configuring with the games I like, then I will become a PC gamer. The only other way I would become a PC gamer is if consoles routinely start costing more than $500. For that price, I might as well save a little more and get a gaming PC.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11798 Posts

[QUOTE="AzatiS"]Bro , my PC costed 750euros , i bought it 5 months AFTER PS3 release when PS3 costed in my country 600euros with no game at that time, and im still playing games at 1920x1200. Games like Dead space 2 etc etc . And i wont change this rig till consoles next gen. And if i drop my resolutions/settings to 720p , its almost sure ill survive even into 2014 ( assuming this is the date PS4/x720 coming ). Thats 8 years to 9 of a "cheap" rig. Nowdays a rig of 450 destroys mine for sure. As of time i dont get what you mean time. To install a game? \ As for this overeacting about customization ( not you just generally )....How is a mere 20seconds ( which many games have auto settings depends your rig which is 1 second ) or even 1 minute time consuming!!? But ok , i respect your opinion , at least you giving valid reasons why you dont like it . different tastes i guess.foxhound_fox
My gaming budget ranges from nothing, to about $50 a month. The kind of PC I want to build would have higher-level things, like a large, high-quality monitor, nice headphones and ROM drives for various types of media (among other things). Certainly, I could spend $400 and get enough hardware to fill up my desktop with competent hardware, but I'd rather spend that money on games (there are just too many coming out nowadays). When I game on PC, I get really anal about settings and optimizing performance. I can spend hours tweaking settings until I get them where I want... not to mention searching for mods (I spent days sifting through Oblivion mods a couple years ago, before moving out of my parents place). On a console, I plug it in, and usually the only things I change are brightness and sensitivity (not that there is much else to change). "Time" to me also means free time. Depending on what game I am playing (my GF likes watching particular games), what my and my GF's work schedules are like (I get a lot of time when our schedules are out of sync, but less when we work similar hours because I like spending time with her) and just general allocation of time for daily activities and chores (living without one's parents requires more time investment in the household), game time can sometimes evade me for days. And there is the always-changing interests I have. One minute I want to play an action-adventure, the next a racing game, next, a JRPG. For example, I recently replayed ACII, then bought and beat Brotherhood, then went back to Forza 3, and now am playing Chrono Cross... which has further inspired me to get, and revisit Final Fantasy X. But Arkham City is out on Tuesday, and it is a game my GF desperately wants us to get (she put a full pre-order down on it over a month ago)... so when I'm alone I'll be playing FFX, and when the GF is home, I'll be playing BAC. I'm not sure where you are in your life, but if you have the free time to devote to PC gaming, then good, take advantage of it. I personally am changing as a gamer, and am finding gaming on a PC less and less appealing.

You must be playing games with VERY specific settings :shock: have people forgetten that games on the PC these days can do optimal settings for you if don't want to bother yourself.

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

[QUOTE="berzerk0912"]

I didn't see more convenient on the poll.

garrett_daniels

That would be "Computers are just too complicated for me", which means about the same thing. (snip)

Except they aren't the same thing. One says "I just prefer convenience when it comes to my entertainment" and the other says "a duuuur... this here com-poo-ters r too hard... I ain't smart anuff fer this here complukateded pee cee thingamajig."

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#54 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

My Comp can handle most PC games, but I'm a console person first and always will be.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
Two reasons: 1. No matter how good a job I do of configuring and maintaining my PC, I don't have any confidence that games will work out of the box. There are too many unknowns, whereas with my consoles, I open each game with absolute certainty that I can put the disc in and play. Software should work the first time, right out of the box - that's the standard I hold myself to when I write code. Secondly, I just don't find the PC community to be enjoyable to play with. They're judgmental in a way that I never have to deal with on consoles. Even though I keep my mouth shut unless I have something game-relevant to say, joining a PC server is an altogether unpleasant experience.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="lowe0"]Two reasons: 1. No matter how good a job I do of configuring and maintaining my PC, I don't have any confidence that games will work out of the box. There are too many unknowns, whereas with my consoles, I open each game with absolute certainty that I can put the disc in and play. Software should work the first time, right out of the box - that's the standard I hold myself to when I write code. Secondly, I just don't find the PC community to be enjoyable to play with. They're judgmental in a way that I never have to deal with on consoles. Even though I keep my mouth shut unless I have something game-relevant to say, joining a PC server is an altogether unpleasant experience.

Sounds like you're joining the wrong types of servers if you're running into that type of problem.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="lowe0"]Two reasons: 1. No matter how good a job I do of configuring and maintaining my PC, I don't have any confidence that games will work out of the box. There are too many unknowns, whereas with my consoles, I open each game with absolute certainty that I can put the disc in and play. Software should work the first time, right out of the box - that's the standard I hold myself to when I write code. Secondly, I just don't find the PC community to be enjoyable to play with. They're judgmental in a way that I never have to deal with on consoles. Even though I keep my mouth shut unless I have something game-relevant to say, joining a PC server is an altogether unpleasant experience.

Sounds like you're joining the wrong types of servers if you're running into that type of problem.

It's the community as a whole, not a single server.
starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts

My Comp can handle most PC games, but I'm a console person first and always will be.

HaloPimp978
Reason for that, if you don't mind? :) Cause if one has a PC that can handle modern PC games, the only reason to have a console are the exclusives. I mean, multiplats on PC are even cheaper than their console versions, and if your PC can run it, no reason to get the console version. If it's a game that would be better suited to a controller, plug in your PS3 or 360 controller. :D
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#59 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

For starters, I prefer a controller over a keyboard and mouse. Also, all my friends own consoles, and I'd rather play with a friend than somebody I don't know any day of the week. Also, I'm very happy with the visual performance I get from consoles. When someone sees console footage and says "Looks like crap," it'll blow my mind because half the time it looks amazing to me. Also, playing on my 54' with surround sound and having a huge subwoofer is more awesome than anything I'll get from my computer. I'm perfectly happy with what I got, and I have a semi-decent PC for playing RTS's and PC exclusives when I want to. Also, I have the money to upgrade my PC, but I don't have the technical knowhow, and I don't really have any ambitions to upgrade it.

blahsalt48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 blahsalt48
Member since 2010 • 208 Posts

I voted for "I can't afford a PC good enough for gaming" because it would be the biggest reason. I just went out and got a 360 for $70 at a pawn shop. On average, the cheapest half decent gaming rig is going to be $1000+. I know you might be able to get a cheaper one at a garage sale or something. But unless you want something that is already outdated, it will be about that price. I could get about 16 new games for that price. Plus it is more convenient. When I come back to a game after six months I like to be able to put it in and start playing, not sit through hours of patches and updates. If I buy a 360 or a PS3 I know I will have a solid platform for a few years. If I buy a PC I will have to continue upgrading video cards, processors, etc. I don`t have that kind of money. Are configuring settings and such very difficult? No, but I would much rather spend that time actually playing the game. If somebody was selling a good gaming PC for 100-300 dollars I would be a PC gamer. In fact I feel like I am missing out every time I see some neat mod, or a PC exclusive I know I would like. But it isn`t worth it in my opinion.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 NoodleFighter

For starters, I prefer a controller over a keyboard and mouse. Also, all my friends own consoles, and I'd rather play with a friend than somebody I don't know any day of the week. Also, I'm very happy with the visual performance I get from consoles. When someone sees console footage and says "Looks like crap," it'll blow my mind because half the time it looks amazing to me. Also, playing on my 54' with surround sound and having a huge subwoofer is more awesome than anything I'll get from my computer. I'm perfectly happy with what I got, and I have a semi-decent PC for playing RTS's and PC exclusives when I want to. Also, I have the money to upgrade my PC, but I don't have the technical knowhow, and I don't really have any ambitions to upgrade it.

brickdoctor

Why don't use a controller on ur PC?

AndyAlfredo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 AndyAlfredo
Member since 2009 • 1402 Posts

Because PC is meant for doing homework. Why would I want to play games on a pc. RickTophen

This man speaks the truth!

Also, while I have been maining my PC for the past couple months, Dark Souls unfortunately did not find a home on the PC, so my baby gets neglected now.

emanc93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 emanc93
Member since 2005 • 216 Posts

Console gaming is convenient and has quality exclusive titles that I cannot play on a PC. Also, if I were to build my own PC, I would have to order the parts online, and I hate ordering things over the internet.

Essentially, there isn't anything on the PC that interests me enough to spend $500 to get started. The compactness of a controller, and playing on my TV is a bonus too.

ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ActionRemix
Member since 2011 • 5640 Posts
Exclusives
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Cheap, easy, comfy, no BS errors, Nintendo+other console exclusive games/devs, local multi, happen to hate RTS and MMO which cuts off a large chunk of PC's best games for me. That's about it.
DJP3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DJP3000
Member since 2010 • 293 Posts

The only reason I still have a high end PC is because of Flight Simulator Xand addonsotherwise I would have downgraded to a low end video card and sell my high end video card. I don't have a problem with the costs of upgrades, it's mainly some of the DRM methods some games use these past few years, such as some that require an always on internet connection and some thathave limited installs and I would have to remember to uninstall them through Control Panel -> Programs before reinstalling Windows if I didn't want to lose an activation. These extreme methods of DRM have interfered with my PC gaming and I'm not a pirate. With console games, I don't have to worry about that kind of DRM and just need the disc in the drive to play.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
PC don't have real good games
starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 starjet905
PC don't have real good gameshippiesanta
That's opinion. And do you only play exclusives? Cause there're loads of great multiplats that are out for PC.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hippiesanta
[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]PC don't have real good gamesstarjet905
That's opinion. And do you only play exclusives? Cause there're loads of great multiplats that are out for PC.

I own 2 PC and I don't even care about the games ... reason being console offer better title
GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70 GameFan1983
Member since 2004 • 2189 Posts

Is it just me, or were there no options on the poll that didn't sound condescending as s***? Why no option for pc doesn't offer the gaming experiences I want? Why do all the options basically have to be it's too expensive, or its too complicated? How about an option for I don't want to game with people who assume the only reason I don't game on pc is because I'm too poor or I'm not smart enough?

ianuilliam

lol!! ditto, these useless poll options are as stereotype as console gamers think PC gaming as "PC games can only be played with a $3000 machine"

as stated, I main PC, but as majority here all agreed, gaming on console is because of the exclusives.

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 starjet905
[QUOTE="starjet905"][QUOTE="hippiesanta"]PC don't have real good gameshippiesanta

I own 2 PC and I don't even care about the games ... reason being console offer better title

You are ignoring the multiplats yet again. Hello? **waves** I'll ask again. Do you only play exclusives? :o
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ianuilliam

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"][QUOTE="starjet905"]That's opinion. And do you only play exclusives? Cause there're loads of great multiplats that are out for PC.starjet905

You are ignoring the multiplats yet again. Hello? **waves** I'll ask again. Do you only play exclusives? :o

My pc is behind the times now... but if it was still up to date, even if it was absolutely top of the line... the only games I would buy for it are pc exclusives. And very few of them, because there aren't that many that I actually care about.

And the reason has nothing to do with me being too poor for a good enough pc, or pc gaming being too complicated for my feeble consolite brain to comprehend.

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

Most of my favorite games (like 99%) are only on consoles. Simple as that.

If I could play them all on PC, I would.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Combination of 2,4 and more games on consoles i like.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 NoodleFighter

[QUOTE="starjet905"][QUOTE="hippiesanta"] I own 2 PC and I don't even care about the games ... reason being console offer better titleianuilliam

My pc is behind the times now... but if it was still up to date, even if it was absolutely top of the line... the only games I would buy for it are pc exclusives. And very few of them, because there aren't that many that I actually care about.

And the reason has nothing to do with me being too poor for a good enough pc, or pc gaming being too complicated for my feeble consolite brain to comprehend.

Really so you wouldn't buy a game like Metro 2033 for ur PC instead of ur console if ur PC was up to the task.

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 starjet905

ianuilliam
Then what is the reason? Except exclusives, there's nothing that a console can do that a PC can't.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

I spend all day dealing with performance issues and working around obscure driver bugs. I have little desire to do that when I get home from work.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I also have both. I enjoy most competitive games and MMOGs on the PC, but consoles have their place.

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 starjet905

I spend all day dealing with performance issues and working around obscure driver bugs. I have little desire to do that when I get home from work.

Teufelhuhn
Thing is, consolites totally blow the "performance issues" and "obscure driver bugs" out of proportion. Take Rage for example. I was hearing loads of stuff about texture popping and frame rate drops and all kinds of nonsense. But all that was needed was to set texture cache to large via a very simple tweak that even a 10 year old could do. Once that was taken care of, the game ran beautifully, and mine's pretty much a just a little above the bottom of the barrel kinda rig. Didn't even take a minute to do that tweak, mind you.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

These days its all about portablility for me now that tech is getting better psp/vita are all I play nowdays.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

The majority of the games I like are not available on PC.

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 starjet905

These days its all about portablility for me now that tech is getting better psp/vita are all I play nowdays.

p4s2p0
Vita isn't even out yet...
Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts
Mainly because it's a damn hassle for me to play games. I like to be able to put my game in and play it without messing with settings. I know if I had a powerful PC I probably wouldn't have to deal with it so often, but I don't.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

starjet905

Thing is, consolites totally blow the "performance issues" and "obscure driver bugs" out of proportion. Take Rage for example. I was hearing loads of stuff about texture popping and frame rate drops and all kinds of nonsense. But all that was needed was to set texture cache to large via a very simple tweak that even a 10 year old could do. Once that was taken care of, the game ran beautifully, and mine's pretty much a just a little above the bottom of the barrel kinda rig. Didn't even take a minute to do that tweak, mind you.

Everybody has their idea of what's too much of a hassle for them, you shouldn't assume everyone has the same feelings and experiences that you do. Even if all I had to do to get RAGE working properly was to tweak a config file (and I assure you, it wasn't), I'd still consider that annoying.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 hippiesanta

The majority of the games I like are not available on PC.

hakanakumono
Exactly........ most of us got the cash to buy 3 or 4 PC but there's no point of it if developers are more interested to invest for console....... Gamepla>>>>>>>>Graphic
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 ianuilliam

[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]

[QUOTE="starjet905"] You are ignoring the multiplats yet again. Hello? **waves** I'll ask again. Do you only play exclusives? :oNoodleFighter

Really so you wouldn't buy a game like Metro 2033 for ur PC instead of ur console if ur PC was up to the task.

I wasn't interested in Metro 2033 at all. If I had been, and my pc was up to snuff, I guess I could've gotten it on pc, since I didn't have a 360, but had it been on PS3, I would've gotten it on PS3.

1. I prefer gaming on my big screen, sitting on my couch, with a controller. Yes, I realize I can hook a pc up to my tv, and hook a controller up to it, but I don't keep my computer in my living room. That's not where I do my general computing activities, aside from browsing forums while watching tv or something, which I do on a crappy netbook. I'm not going to run upstairs, shut down my pc (which may or may not be doing something else at the time), unhook everything, carry it all downstairs, squeeze into the closet behind my built-in entertainment center and hook it all back up, and then reverse the process when finished, every time I want to get in a few minutes of gaming.

2. I buy games that have local co-op modes whenever possible. I have a wife, and we play games together. Borderlands, for example. Had I gotten the pc version, I'd have missed out on one of our favorite games to play together. I'm upset by how many games that SHOULD have it leave local multiplayer options out on consoles... but it's still a whole lot more than on PC, where it is pretty much non-existent.

3. Unified service. I like having one online identity, with one friends list, where I can game with all the same buddies online and compare trophies and whatnot. PC gaming is fractured. Some games use one servie, some use another... It's just not as good a set up, IMO.

4. Yeah, cost and simplicity do factor into it as well... But not necesarily because "I can't afford a good PC" or "PCs are too complicated for me" as TC put it in the poll. I like my PS3 controller. Can I use it on PC? Sure. Is it natively supported? Nope. Will I need to hunt down drivers and fiddle around to get it working, then have to configure it seperately for half the games I play, and it still might not work at all, or not all features of it will work, in some games? You got it. Not interested. Would a $600 PC bought in 2006 still play every pc game released until the end of the gen, at decent settings and performance, without needing any upgrades? I don't believe it for a second. Not interested.

5. Better graphics and framerate and mods are not enough to counter any of the above points for me, let alone all of them.

So there ya go. It is in fact possible for someone to just not care about pc gaming, and it not be because they are ignorant and just haven't experienced the glory of PC. Sometimes It seems like a religious thing... and the Glorious PC Master Race wants to "save" us poor heathen consolites...

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 starjet905
[QUOTE="hippiesanta"] most of us got the cash to buy 3 or 4 PC Gamepla>>>>>>>>Graphic

That doesn't explain why you wouldn't play multiplats on PC if you've got so much cash.
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 NoodleFighter

[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]My pc is behind the times now... but if it was still up to date, even if it was absolutely top of the line... the only games I would buy for it are pc exclusives. And very few of them, because there aren't that many that I actually care about.

ianuilliam

I wasn't interested in Metro 2033 at all. If I had been, and my pc was up to snuff, I guess I could've gotten it on pc, since I didn't have a 360, but had it been on PS3, I would've gotten it on PS3.

1. I prefer gaming on my big screen, sitting on my couch, with a controller. Yes, I realize I can hook a pc up to my tv, and hook a controller up to it, but I don't keep my computer in my living room. That's not where I do my general computing activities, aside from browsing forums while watching tv or something, which I do on a crappy netbook. I'm not going to run upstairs, shut down my pc (which may or may not be doing something else at the time), unhook everything, carry it all downstairs, squeeze into the closet behind my built-in entertainment center and hook it all back up, and then reverse the process when finished, every time I want to get in a few minutes of gaming.

Ever considering building a more compact PC?

2. I buy games that have local co-op modes whenever possible. I have a wife, and we play games together. Borderlands, for example. Had I gotten the pc version, I'd have missed out on one of our favorite games to play together. I'm upset by how many games that SHOULD have it leave local multiplayer options out on consoles... but it's still a whole lot more than on PC, where it is pretty much non-existent.

There are still local co-op/multiplayer games on PC Ex: The Upcoming Serious Sam 3 BFE will support 4 player co-op splitscreen on PC

3. Unified service. I like having one online identity, with one friends list, where I can game with all the same buddies online and compare trophies and whatnot. PC gaming is fractured. Some games use one servie, some use another... It's just not as good a set up, IMO.

4. Yeah, cost and simplicity do factor into it as well... But not necesarily because "I can't afford a good PC" or "PCs are too complicated for me" as TC put it in the poll. I like my PS3 controller. Can I use it on PC? Sure. Is it natively supported? Nope. Will I need to hunt down drivers and fiddle around to get it working, then have to configure it seperately for half the games I play, and it still might not work at all, or not all features of it will work, in some games? You got it. Not interested. Would a $600 PC bought in 2006 still play every pc game released until the end of the gen, at decent settings and performance, without needing any upgrades? I don't believe it for a second. Not interested.

Sure we don't support PS3 controllers natively but that's why we have this these use the same input as Xbox 360 so it will automatically detect them if the game supports controllers and you have the option to switch to Direct Input for older games.Why does the hardware have to be from 2006?. In 2007 a 8800GT could dominate pratically any multiplatform and still can. A 9800GT can play Crysis 2 at max settings, Dx9, 720p. That GPU can be be bought for around $50 now.

5. Better graphics and framerate and mods are not enough to counter any of the above points for me, let alone all of them.

So there ya go. It is in fact possible for someone to just not care about pc gaming, and it not be because they are ignorant and just haven't experienced the glory of PC. Sometimes It seems like a religious thing... and the Glorious PC Master Race wants to "save" us poor heathen consolites...

Goro69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Goro69
Member since 2011 • 98 Posts
Mainly because it's a damn hassle for me to play games. I like to be able to put my game in and play it without messing with settings. I know if I had a powerful PC I probably wouldn't have to deal with it so often, but I don't.Luxen90
It's a hassle to mess with settings on a menu? That's laughable.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 hippiesanta
[QUOTE="starjet905"][QUOTE="hippiesanta"] most of us got the cash to buy 3 or 4 PC Gamepla>>>>>>>>Graphic

That doesn't explain why you wouldn't play multiplats on PC if you've got so much cash.

wow, you are chashing me....... O.K here's my answer...... because I have HDTV.... a comfortable sofa ... that is why........... I dont have to play games in an "office sitting position"
Goro69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Goro69

[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]My pc is behind the times now... but if it was still up to date, even if it was absolutely top of the line... the only games I would buy for it are pc exclusives. And very few of them, because there aren't that many that I actually care about.

ianuilliam

A 600$ can play anything out there and will have better visuals than a console, you just don't know that because you know nothing about PC gaming and you lack the capacity for knowledge. You're simply making stuff up because you know absolutely nothing about PC gaming. PC gaming is too complicated for you, that's pretty much the real reason you game on a console.
Avatar image for deactivated-58e10fda5672e
deactivated-58e10fda5672e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-58e10fda5672e
Member since 2005 • 295 Posts
1) Like the fact that if I buy I game I know I can run it 2) all my friends have consoles 3) consoles exclusive are better than pc exclusive (imo) 4) My wife is on the pc all the time, but never on my 360 or ps3 5) I don't like MMOs or RTS games. 6) I like the fact if I buy a console at launch, I don't have to upgrade for at least another 5 years. 7) On the PC, I can't help but look at porn and am scared I will get a virus and wipe out everything on my hard drive 8) number 7 is the real #1 reason but just don't want to come off at a pervert :)
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 NoodleFighter

[QUOTE="starjet905"][QUOTE="hippiesanta"] most of us got the cash to buy 3 or 4 PC Gamepla>>>>>>>>Graphichippiesanta

wow, you are chashing me....... O.K here's my answer...... because I have HDTV.... a comfortable sofa ... that is why........... I dont have to play games in an "office sitting position"

replace the eyefinity with a big HDTV and their you go

AndyAlfredo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 AndyAlfredo
Member since 2009 • 1402 Posts

Sure we don't support PS3 controllers natively but that's why we have this

these use the same input as Xbox 360 so it will automatically detect them if the game supports controllers and you have the option to switch to Direct Input for older games.

NoodleFighter

Even with a PS3 controller it is very easy. Download motioninjoy, it has the driver preloaded and you just have to click install driver, set the mode to 360 controller emulator, enable and you're good to go. Works for every game becuase your computer believes you have a 360 controller plugged in. Easy, no?

Goro69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Goro69
[QUOTE="hippiesanta"][QUOTE="starjet905"][QUOTE="hippiesanta"] most of us got the cash to buy 3 or 4 PC Gamepla>>>>>>>>Graphic

A sofa and Television doesn't differentiate itself from PC gaming, what exactly is the point you're trying to make here? PC can do both HDTV and a sofa. You've made absolutely no point .
StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

[QUOTE="brickdoctor"]

NoodleFighter

Why don't use a controller on ur PC?

Eh, for some genres sure I have absolutely no problem using a kb/m. But some genres I just can't. And, before someone says use a controller on a PC, idk I have just found it a pain to try and set them up so. Perhaps I"m doing it wrong (and someone will pounce on me saying a 3 year old could do it) but if the game doesn't automatically recognize it, then you have to try and set it up just right and..bleh just some genres I prefer on PC and some on console, simple as that.

Goro69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Goro69

[QUOTE="starjet905"][QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

Teufelhuhn

Everybody has their idea of what's too much of a hassle for them, you shouldn't assume everyone has the same feelings and experiences that you do. Even if all I had to do to get RAGE working properly was to tweak a config file (and I assure you, it wasn't), I'd still consider that annoying.

He's not assuming anything, tweaking a config is a simple procedure. Fact is a majority of the population is lazy and lacks basic intelligence/problem solving.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

I don't prefer console gaming as yet, but I've been becoming increasingly frustrated with many aspects of PC gaming. If not for MOBAs, Diablo and Dark Millenium I would just game on consoles. The superior multiplats thing is awesome, if they developer optimizes the game properly.

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ianuilliam

[QUOTE="ianuilliam"]

[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

NoodleFighter

Ever considering building a more compact PC?

There are still local co-op/multiplayer games on PC Ex: The Upcoming Serious Sam 3 BFE will support 4 player co-op splitscreen on PC

Sure we don't support PS3 controllers natively but that's why we have this these use the same input as Xbox 360 so it will automatically detect them if the game supports controllers and you have the option to switch to Direct Input for older games.Why does the hardware have to be from 2006?. In 2007 a 8800GT could dominate pratically any multiplatform and still can. A 9800GT can play Crysis 2 at max settings, Dx9, 720p. That GPU can be be bought for around $50 now.

1. It doesn't matter how compact it is... I still have to go shut it down, unhook it, and squeeze into my media closet to hook it up (my tv is built flush into the wall. The only way to access the inputs is from behind), and then turn it back off, unhook it, and take it back upstairs when I'm done. The problem is not that my pc is too heavy to carry downstairs, it's that I leave it on all the time, and don't want to go through that hassle every time I play a game...

2. That's 1... I'm sure there are others too. There are still a lot less than on consoles.

4. None of those look at all like a good substitute to me. I actually have the first one, or a model that looks identical. I don't care for the ergonomics, the d-pad is garbage, it's missing rumble and internal gyros/accelerometers (which actually CAN be useful in some games, of course most of the drivers I've seen to use DS3 on PC don't enable those anyway, which was part of my initial complaint...). Why 2006? That's when the last (and most expensive at launch) current gen console came out. Sure, a GPU that came out in 2009 can play Crysis 2 at max for $50 now... Could a pc built for $600 in 2005-2006 (start of the gen) play it, at at least 720p, with decent performance? No. I could build a pc for considerably less NOW that can, but I can also get a 360 or PS3 for $200-250 now. And it's hardly impressive to build a pc near the end of the gen that can play current games... If you're building a PC now, it really needs to be able to keep up with all the games till close to the end of NEXT gen, meaning, again, it'll probably be more than the launch price of the next consoles.