Poll: Console gamers why do you prefer console gaming over PC gaming?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DJP3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DJP3000
Member since 2010 • 293 Posts

Console gamers why do you prefer console gaming over PC gaming?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

I use both, but I enjoy console gaming for:

1. The games
  2. Ease of use

Those are probably my only reasons, however I don't really prefer one over the other.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
I also do both and do console gaming for the games. Currently making through my way MGS1 and FFX
RickTophen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RickTophen
Member since 2011 • 487 Posts
Because PC is meant for doing homework. Why would I want to play games on a pc.
Zurrur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zurrur
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

I prefer console gaming because most great games are console exclusive nowdays

GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 GameFan1983
Member since 2004 • 2189 Posts

I'm mainly a PC gamers but I'm glad I own all next gen consoles so I can play all the AAA+ exclusives

And I have to say your poll options are uselss and as stereotype to say "PC gamers are all WoW players" and "PC games can't be played without a 4k rig"

Anyway GT5, dark souls, RDR, fight night champion, heavy rain, etc are the reason I perfer console over PC.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lundy86_4

Zurrur

Not really. It's a pretty fair split.

Because PC is meant for doing homework. Why would I want to play games on a pc. RickTophen

So the initial idea in creating the PC as a platform was for people to do homework?

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts
The games.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#9 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Consoles have more games that interest me, it's genenrally alot more simple in terms of set up and pretty much all my friends whom game on a more frequent basis do so on a console.
lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
i like using a controller. i like not having to struggle with installing and compatibility issues. i like being able to relax in front of a television rather than with a pc on my lap. the only games i prefer on pc are old adventure games like monkey island. but those are rarely an issue anymore. and MMO games ofc.
LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

I game on both, but in this generation, I found consoles to be incredibly boring (with some exceptions on XBLA and PSN). I very much enjoy the DS and PSP though, especially DS. I do enjoy many of the games available on Steam, XBLA, & PSN though, like Trine, Braid, and Super Meat Boy. I like most genres, but tend to gravitate more towards RPGs and platformers, which are abundance on past consoles, past & current handhelds. Not too into shooters though, and this generation feels like we're swamped with those. PC has lots of variety and so does the DS, which is why I like both. Consoles this gen, not so much. Too many shooters.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

The games I prefer are on consoles. Though nowadays, I turn to handhelds for gaming.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Multi task. I use a laptop so I play games on my PS3 or DS ( rarely wii) while i use the computer. I can do that in the computer ofcourse however is more convenient to have the console do something while the PC does another thing.

RickTophen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RickTophen
Member since 2011 • 487 Posts
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Zurrur"]

Not really. It's a pretty fair split.

Because PC is meant for doing homework. Why would I want to play games on a pc. RickTophen

So the initial idea in creating the PC as a platform was for people to do homework?

Yeah, were you not listening to what I said?
TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

Exclusives mostly.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

-ease of use

-dont care for the games it has (the best games on the PC dont even require high end hardware to run them)

-The only games for the system that I would care enough to buy high end hardware for is Crysis 1/2 and Battlefield. (could care less about running PC versions of multiplats I can buy on 360/PS3)

This.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
I game on both consoles and PC but I really don't see any amazing perks to console, themselves, personally. The only good thing I see is that they are smaller, compared to desktops, so its easier to carry around with from place to place.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Reading OP *sigh*

Reading poll options *sigh*

Anyway, for the games, nuff said.

BeerMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BeerMage
Member since 2009 • 267 Posts

The games. I was mainly a PC gamer but I bought a PS3 because I was missing a lot of games I wanted to play.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lundy86_4

Yeah, were you not listening to what I said? RickTophen

I was, then I didn't understand and asked for clarification. PC's are a completely open system and used for a multitude of things, gaming included.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
This guy is totally not trolling :roll:
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

PC doesn't have the exclusive games that interest me.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I wouldn't say I prefer it, but I do find myself gaming on consoles for various reasons. Most of my buddies are on consoles, we can trade and borrow games from/with eachother, exclusives, comfort, ease, etc. Plug and play, and no dealing with compatibility issues, punkbuster kicking me for no reason, or any number of issues with an open platform.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

1My friends own a 360

2 Zero PC exclusives interest me that are not old(fallout, fallout 2)

3 Money issues

4 I want something where all I have to do is hit one button

5 I like achievements/trophies

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Errr, PC mainly gamer here, so I wont vote... But I assume Ease of use, and personal taste in games?

You can not really blame Console gamers for that.

Sadly on here, it is also quite clear that ALOT of people are really uninformed about PC gaming, so there really TRUELY IS a huge segment of console gamers who knows about gaming mostly through commercials and Hype.

(I find it really amuzing that we every gen hear about all the sereis on PC that console gamers have no interrest in, but if the sereis then comes to consoles, then it is the best most impressive advancements in gaming *sigh*)

But the Question you ask TC is pretty odd, I really see no problem with a) "I perfer the games that are console focused" b) "a console is really easy to use, and requires little work or thought" (not ment as negative, getting home after a days work, just turning on a console, can be a good advantage.

Worst thing to hear in a thread like this would be "PCs are not made for gaming" which is fairly amuzing because there is a likelyhood that ALL the game genres you like started on PC, made for PC, so basicly it is the native platform for those games and genres, NOT consoles *rolls eyes*

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts
pc on my laplloveLamp
You do know that laptops are not the only form of PCs, right? :P
deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#28 deathtarget04
Member since 2009 • 2266 Posts

The games obviously.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

I loled.. :) I feel the sarcasm

Shadow4020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shadow4020
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts

I don't like keyboards and they're expensive.

Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Riki101
Member since 2004 • 2339 Posts
so my graphics card that i bought for my pc that was marketed towards playing high end games is actually something i should only do homework with?
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AzatiS

I wouldn't say I prefer it, but I do find myself gaming on consoles for various reasons. Most of my buddies are on consoles, we can trade and borrow games from/with eachother, exclusives, comfort, ease, etc. Plug and play, and no dealing with compatibility issues, punkbuster kicking me for no reason, or any number of issues with an open platform.

SPYDER0416

I agree with some of your preferences i strongly disagree with some others...

What do you mean "comfort?"... PC connects to any TV as easy as any console .

Trade and borrow games from each other? We trade and borrow from around the world , biggest peer 2 peer community in the world...Also why you sound like there arent PC games hard copies around?

Ease? Is something difficult or different to gaming on PC ? What do you mean ease , you cant handle keyboard or whats the issue?

What do you mean plug and play? You can connect your X360 pad and play like a console. If you mean the "install issue "" ... let your game install for 5min to 10min and you wont even need DVD inside in many occasions to play it. Zero loading screens also ... I got 7 games this very moment installed on my PC , only 1 asks for DVD. How better plug and play than 1 click to play 7 games with no loading screens ?

I mean half of your claimings are wrong from a PC gamer prospective which clearly shows that youre not PC gamer AT ALL. But i can understand some people why think that way...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
1. My two computers can't run Knights of the Old Republic. 2. I don't have the money to buy a new one in the feature range I expect for a PC (read: I want more than just a bare-bones gaming rig). 3. As much as I can handle the time-input for customization and getting things to work, I have come to prefer plug-n-play, especially with the limited time I have to play games in the first place. I grew up with both consoles and a PC, but I feel as if I am growing apart from PC. The time and money investment is just something I don't feel like making (especially if I save up, which will prevent me from buying any new games for at least a year). I see the advantages it offers, I just prefer those that are offered by consoles more.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
1) Exclusive games - Of course the PC has it's own exclusives but they don't interest me as much as console ones 2) PC gaming doesn't feel as natural as console gaming, I don't get the same joy out of it. 3) Console gaming is quick and simple
ShadowDragon78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ShadowDragon78
Member since 2011 • 371 Posts

I use both, but I enjoy console gaming for:

1. The games
  2. Ease of use

Those are probably my only reasons, however I don't really prefer one over the other.

lundy86_4
This exactly..... same reasons.
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AzatiS
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]1. My two computers can't run Knights of the Old Republic. 2. I don't have the money to buy a new one in the feature range I expect for a PC (read: I want more than just a bare-bones gaming rig). 3. As much as I can handle the time-input for customization and getting things to work, I have come to prefer plug-n-play, especially with the limited time I have to play games in the first place. I grew up with both consoles and a PC, but I feel as if I am growing apart from PC. The time and money investment is just something I don't feel like making (especially if I save up, which will prevent me from buying any new games for at least a year). I see the advantages it offers, I just prefer those that are offered by consoles more.

Bro , my PC costed 750euros , i bought it 5 months AFTER PS3 release when PS3 costed in my country 600euros with no game at that time, and im still playing games at 1920x1200. Games like Dead space 2 etc etc . And i wont change this rig till consoles next gen. And if i drop my resolutions/settings to 720p , its almost sure ill survive even into 2014 ( assuming this is the date PS4/x720 coming ). Thats 8 years to 9 of a "cheap" rig. Nowdays a rig of 450 destroys mine for sure. As of time i dont get what you mean time. To install a game? \ As for this overeacting about customization ( not you just generally )....How is a mere 20seconds ( which many games have auto settings depends your rig which is 1 second ) or even 1 minute time consuming!!? But ok , i respect your opinion , at least you giving valid reasons why you dont like it . different tastes i guess.
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

Console games are better. Granted multiplats look better on pc, no argument there, but most games are meant for consoles.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Better game library and the simplicity of consoles.

berzerk0912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 berzerk0912
Member since 2006 • 961 Posts

I didn't see more convenient on the poll.

RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RandomWinner
Member since 2010 • 3751 Posts

Its just so easy and... I don't know reliable. If I had a more expensive Laptop I would certainly be more into it, but I just like having everything so centralized and focused. Not to say a PC can't be, but that's why the PC is considered so great in the first place.

So I like being a console gamer, if I had a super expensive PC I think I would still spend time with my PS3 not just because of exclusives but more because its just a dedicated system for gaming rather than an application for one (Steam). Steam is vastly better than PSN and XBL, its just not everything.

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

i enjoy the console environment more then the pc. I like having the same machine play all the games on the market for 6 years and up. I love the second hand market helps me get some money back on games i dont want and save money on games. I can also trade with friends or give them away. PC software is to locked down and is more buggy i also will not buy a digital game unless its like 5$.

keybladegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 keybladegamer
Member since 2011 • 516 Posts

I barely have any time to play games, let alone worry about making sure my PC meets specs required for games.

Also, I thought 300 usd for a PS3 was steep. I am not spending 450 usd for a good gaming PC.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
[QUOTE="AzatiS"]Bro , my PC costed 750euros , i bought it 5 months AFTER PS3 release when PS3 costed in my country 600euros with no game at that time, and im still playing games at 1920x1200. Games like Dead space 2 etc etc . And i wont change this rig till consoles next gen. And if i drop my resolutions/settings to 720p , its almost sure ill survive even into 2014 ( assuming this is the date PS4/x720 coming ). Thats 8 years to 9 of a "cheap" rig. Nowdays a rig of 450 destroys mine for sure. As of time i dont get what you mean time. To install a game? \ As for this overeacting about customization ( not you just generally )....How is a mere 20seconds ( which many games have auto settings depends your rig which is 1 second ) or even 1 minute time consuming!!? But ok , i respect your opinion , at least you giving valid reasons why you dont like it . different tastes i guess.

My gaming budget ranges from nothing, to about $50 a month. The kind of PC I want to build would have higher-level things, like a large, high-quality monitor, nice headphones and ROM drives for various types of media (among other things). Certainly, I could spend $400 and get enough hardware to fill up my desktop with competent hardware, but I'd rather spend that money on games (there are just too many coming out nowadays). When I game on PC, I get really anal about settings and optimizing performance. I can spend hours tweaking settings until I get them where I want... not to mention searching for mods (I spent days sifting through Oblivion mods a couple years ago, before moving out of my parents place). On a console, I plug it in, and usually the only things I change are brightness and sensitivity (not that there is much else to change). "Time" to me also means free time. Depending on what game I am playing (my GF likes watching particular games), what my and my GF's work schedules are like (I get a lot of time when our schedules are out of sync, but less when we work similar hours because I like spending time with her) and just general allocation of time for daily activities and chores (living without one's parents requires more time investment in the household), game time can sometimes evade me for days. And there is the always-changing interests I have. One minute I want to play an action-adventure, the next a racing game, next, a JRPG. For example, I recently replayed ACII, then bought and beat Brotherhood, then went back to Forza 3, and now am playing Chrono Cross... which has further inspired me to get, and revisit Final Fantasy X. But Arkham City is out on Tuesday, and it is a game my GF desperately wants us to get (she put a full pre-order down on it over a month ago)... so when I'm alone I'll be playing FFX, and when the GF is home, I'll be playing BAC. I'm not sure where you are in your life, but if you have the free time to devote to PC gaming, then good, take advantage of it. I personally am changing as a gamer, and am finding gaming on a PC less and less appealing.
Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kamekazi_69
Member since 2006 • 4704 Posts

Before you know it, You'll be getting played by getting a +$10 penalty if you buy games used on consoles.

Anyways. I game primarily on PC but I love consoles for.......dun dun dun dun

1. EXCLUSIVES :P

2. I don't like digital downloads but you have an option to get physical copies on PC too but games can run scarce sometimes.

Haiyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Haiyama
Member since 2011 • 206 Posts

My current PC works just fine for eveything except gaming. Why would I spend close to $1000 on upgrades just to play some damn games on it?

That's why I prefer console gaming.Well that, and I'm not interested in MMO/FPS/RTS games.

Besides The Witcher 2, there's no PC game I want that I can't currently play on consoles. (I'm aware of the 360 port in 2012 btw)

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

Is it just me, or were there no options on the poll that didn't sound condescending as s***? Why no option for pc doesn't offer the gaming experiences I want? Why do all the options basically have to be it's too expensive, or its too complicated? How about an option for I don't want to game with people who assume the only reason I don't game on pc is because I'm too poor or I'm not smart enough?

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

All your poll options list things the gamer might not like about PC inferring that people go to consoles out of process of elimination or no alternative... is it that improbable that people might prefer console gaming because they believe it is simply the better choice and one not based on restrictions (the choice to do so that is, not console gaming itself)?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Consoles = Accessibility = Fun out of the box

Simple as that.

Nothing against PC gaming, though. I still play older RTS games on them.

Avatar image for garrett_daniels
garrett_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 garrett_daniels
Member since 2003 • 610 Posts

Console games are better ... most games are meant for consoles.

PSdual_wielder

To be fair, you don't need an actual console to enjoy a console experience. Hook the PC up via HDMI or whatever, grab a 360 controller and push Start, and you're enjoying the console experience with all the benefits of the PC underneath. The key downside is that you can't play with your console friends, although Microsoft looks to be changing this with Windows 8 by finally bringing over the full Xbox Live experience (right down to the same dashboard as the upcoming 360 update).

I didn't see more convenient on the poll.

berzerk0912

That would be "Computers are just too complicated for me", which means about the same thing. The difficulty of PC gaming is greatly exaggerated on System Wars but computers are still more complex than necessary for accomplishing the average user's very simple needs (email, internet, Office, gaming), which is why Microsoft is turning the PC into a device-style experience with Windows 8 (tablet/TV-friendly interface, mobile-style app store, Xbox Live dashboard, simpler recovery/reset features for fixing OS/app problems, etc.). The traditional desktop is still available but is no longer a mandatory, central feature of the Windows experience.