Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@charizard1605 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Can't wait for this. Looks great.

Did you ever end up playing any of the (3)DS Pokemon games? What did you think?

Not yet. I did pick up X though but the DS games are expensive as fvck bro. Have you seen how much Heartgold/Soulsilver go for now?

Yeah, their prices shot up like f*ck after Pokemon GO lol. They used to be like $40-$60 which is expensive but manageable.

X is neat, good game for a lapsed fan to get back into the series, though.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Yeah, their prices shot up like f*ck after Pokemon GO lol. They used to be like $40-$60 which is expensive but manageable.

X is neat, good game for a lapsed fan to get back into the series, though.

I'm not sure if you remember our discussion, but I started looking at prices of SS again, and they are over $100 CAD. It's blowing my mind. Nintendo could make a whole shit-ton of money by re-releasing these games either physically AND digitally or just digitally. And take a lot of the profit away from the third party market.

I desperately want Soul Silver, but I'm not shelling out the price of a 2DS just to get a copy. Hell, I could get 2x 2DS and a copy of X/Y each for less than the cost of a complete version (i.e. not just a cart) of both Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@foxhound_fox: I do remember, haha. Yeah, prices on those things shot up like crazy. It makes sense, they are the best and most demanded Pokemon games, and they also had a relatively smaller print run.

I do think they are worth a high price, but I mean, that's like, $60 instead of $40, instead of $100 or thereabouts. I'd say getting a 2DS and a copy of X would be a far better substitute for you- especially since X is almost tailor made for lapsed fans of the franchise.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 foxhound_fox

@charizard1605 said:

@foxhound_fox: I do remember, haha. Yeah, prices on those things shot up like crazy. It makes sense, they are the best and most demanded Pokemon games, and they also had a relatively smaller print run.

I do think they are worth a high price, but I mean, that's like, $60 instead of $40, instead of $100 or thereabouts. I'd say getting a 2DS and a copy of X would be a far better substitute for you- especially since X is almost tailor made for lapsed fans of the franchise.

And aren't Red/Blue available on the eShop or something for the 2/3DS?

Is X/Y more accessible than some of the mid-franchise games? I ask because my wife is interested in getting into the games as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@foxhound_fox said:
@charizard1605 said:

And aren't Red/Blue available on the eShop or something for the 2/3DS?

Is X/Y more accessible than some of the mid-franchise games? I ask because my wife is interested in getting into the games as well.

Red/Blue/Yellow are on the eShop for $10 each. Pokemon X and Y are the most accessible games in the series bar none, yeah. Easier to get into than the mid franchise games, and I would contend easier to get into than even Gen 1 and Gen 2.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 foxhound_fox

@charizard1605 said:

Red/Blue/Yellow are on the eShop for $10 each. Pokemon X and Y are the most accessible games in the series bar none, yeah. Easier to get into than the mid franchise games, and I would contend easier to get into than even Gen 1 and Gen 2.

Everything I wanted to hear. Thank you.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

So hyped

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

Grass/dragon is a good typing.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Wow, so many strange changes.

Will buy.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 foxhound_fox

@GameboyTroy said:

Grass/dragon is a good typing.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#61 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Don't like the concept of Z-Moves. But I also wasn't particularly fond of Mega Evolutions so whatever.

Thrilled about everything else in the game.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50560 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

"no HMs" *jumps for joy*

That's a cool ass sig.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 GameboyTroy

Here's more info about the pokemon. Is this too much text?

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/08/01/video-z-moves-and-alolan-pokemon-variants-announced-for-pokemon-sun-moon/

Name: Oricorio

Oricorio changes its form by sipping the nectar of certain flowers. Since it has four different forms—the same as the number of islands in Alola—it would seem that different Oricorio live on each of the islands.

• Baile Style

Type: Fire/Flying

The Baile Style Oricorio is very passionate, and power fills its body when it dances. It sends downy fluff flying during its intense dances.

• Pom-Pom Style

Type: Electric/Flying

The Pom-Pom Style Oricorio is very friendly toward people, and it uses dancing to encourage Trainers who are feeling glum. When it dances, its feathers are charged with static electricity.

• Pa’u Style

Type: Psychic/Flying

The Pa’u Style Oricorio acts at its own pace, which sometimes makes it difficult to deal with. It sharpens its spirited moves through dance, which increases its psychic power.

• Sensu Style

Type: Ghost/Flying

The Sensu Style Oricorio is quiet and collected. By means of its dance, it gathers the spirits drifting about in an area and borrows their power to fight.

Name: Minior

Type: Rock/Flying

Minior are formed in the stratosphere and live by absorbing the detritus around them. When they’ve consumed a large quantity of particles, their bodies become heavy, and they fall toward the planet’s surface. Minior has a hard and heavy outer shell with a core within.

Name: Gumshoos

Type: Normal

Gumshoos is the Evolution of Yungoos. It will call on Yungoos allies and stand in the way of trial-goers.

Name: Fomantis

Type: Grass

Fomantis is nocturnal, and it performs photosynthesis while it sleeps during the day by spreading out its leaves in all directions. Because of the danger of staying in the same location two days in a row, Fomantis begins its search for the next day’s spot as soon as the sun sets.

Name: Lurantis

Type: Grass

Lurantis draws opponents near to itself with its flowerlike appearance and aroma—and then it takes them down. It’s said to be the most gorgeous of all Grass-type Pokémon, due to its brilliant coloration and elegant moves.

Name: Mudbray

Type: Ground

Mudbray could once be found all over the world but is now a protected species. It’s said that the Alola region is the only place in the world where Mudbray can still be found in the wild.

Pokémon Adapted to the Alola Region

Some Pokémon have adapted to the distinctive microclimates of the Alola region and have taken on different forms than they have in other regions. These Pokémon are called regional variants. After taking root in the Alola region, they live like native Pokémon. These regional variant Pokémon can have different appearances and types, and their way of living can also differ from that of the forms previously known.

Name: Alolan Exeggutor

Type: Grass/Dragon

Unlike other Exeggutor, the Alolan Exeggutor has a fourth head—on its tail! This fourth head controls the tail independently and can take on opponents to the rear that can’t be reached by the main heads’ attacks.

Name: Alolan Vulpix

Type: Ice

It is said that Vulpix came to the Alola region together with humans, but the Fox Pokémon moved to the snowy mountain peaks to avoid the normal habitats of other Pokémon, and thus it ended up taking on this form.

Name: Alolan Ninetales

Type: Ice/Fairy

Alolan Ninetales is able to produce ice crystals from the fur that covers its body. It can use these ice crystals to block attacks, or it can form balls of ice, which it fires like bullets at opponents. These ice missiles have enough power to pulverize rock.

Name: Alolan Sandshrew

Type: Ice/Steel

Sandshrew have historically lived in desert areas, but the frequent eruptions of nearby volcanoes drove them to abandon the desert and migrate to snowy mountains where they took on this form.

Name: Alolan Sandslash

Type: Ice/Steel

The Alolan Sandshrew of the snowy mountains evolve into Alolan Sandslash with spiny backs that are covered in ice. Alolan Sandslash hide themselves in the snow when strong enemies appear, leaving only their needles exposed and ready for business.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Chutebox said:
@Bigboi500 said:

"no HMs" *jumps for joy*

That's a cool ass sig.

Figured you and Seabass would like it. :P

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34614 Posts

I wonder how many are getting this because of Pokémon Go. I proabably am.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#66 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I'm so hyped for this game, I haven't played since Platinum or HeartGold. I'm really liking all the changes.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#67 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Well at least pokemon can't get any dumber. That exeggutor man

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#68 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

No gyms?

No, I'm not buying, not going down this dark path again.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:
@Chutebox said:
@Bigboi500 said:

"no HMs" *jumps for joy*

That's a cool ass sig.

I didn't even know you like American Football, let alone the Redskins? Also, you should be ashamed for supporting a team with cultural appropriation! :P

On-Topic: I'm still getting Moon! Team Moon 4 lyfe!

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@Chutebox said:
@Bigboi500 said:

"no HMs" *jumps for joy*

That's a cool ass sig.

I didn't even know you like American Football, let alone the Redskins? Also, you should be ashamed for supporting a team with cultural appropriation! :P

Don't you even start that pc crap with me boi.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@Bigboi500 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Don't you even start that pc crap with me boi.

Well, now that football season is approaching soon, it sucks that the skins have no QB, as RG3 is a huge bust. :P

But to be on-topic, I'm okay with these changes, especially the Island Challenge! It gives Alola Region a feel of a different culture compared to the mainlands of Kanto, Johto, Hoen, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 GameboyTroy

A Gamexplain analysis

Loading Video...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Loading Video...

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@GameboyTroy said:

A Gamexplain analysis

Loading Video...

Exeggutor's pokedex in Ruby and Sapphire:

Flavour Text
RubyEXEGGUTOR originally came from the tropics. Its heads steadily grow larger from exposure to strong sunlight. It is said that when the heads fall off, they group together to form EXEGGCUTE.