PlayStation or Nintendo 64

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll PlayStation or Nintendo 64 (68 votes)

Playstation 57%
Nintendo 64 43%

Which console has more games, better games, and exclusives?

Instead of asking all consoles, its more fair to compare 1 vs 1, not 10 consoles vs 3 console.

• 
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#51  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@AzatiS said:

Sorry but ... PS1 destroyed N64 in total games , exclusives and multis.

If only Nintendo was more open minded about CD-ROM at the time ... They lost massive exclusives like Final Fantasy series because of Systems really bad architecture along with super expensive Cartridges. They delivered some amazing exclusives though and saved the day a bit.

1) Even then, FFL shouldn't have missed a good chunk of games in the N64 library. Damn, you'd find it okay if he added just one game from a Nintendo console and plethora of PS/XBOX games and you'd still find it okay.

@AzatiS said:

Sorry but RE2 was a time exclusive , lets not forget that. Also for every single title you mentioning there ... Only final fantasy 7 , i wont say 8-9 because itll be unfair , only FF7 >>> Every single title you just mentioned

2) So? Timed exclusive or not, it still ended up on the freaking N64.

1) Why you going into damage control here ... I said that PS1 had way more support than N64, mainly because of N64s bad decisions hardware wise. Similar to what happened with PS3 but x100 worse if you asking me. PS3 also lost some major "exclusives" to competition because of its faulty hardware and bad decisions over it. Tekken , MSG , Final Fantasy series .. you name it !! Major "exclusives" or even time exclusives if you want. Still it hurt the system pretty bad. Its common sense. Why you get angry ?

If only N64 had CD-rom would have been x2 successful for sure despite its problematic architecture. x2 more titles and 3rd party support for sure imho. So i dont get what you bypassing my whole point and you talking out of your ....!

2) Well you forget that timed exclusives of that era lasted like 2-3 years as exclusives more or less.It was a big deal back then imho. Similar to what RE4 was for GC but had even more impact since it was the big leap of 2D to 3D. All i said was that it was timed exclusives , dont get so sensitive over it. It was timed exclusive and one of the best PS1 hits ever that pushed sales even more.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@LJS9502_basic:

Partially, I suppose. Go back and play some psx games. Many are messier and clunkier than I remember. The 16bit sports titles hold up much better. There was a lot of issues that got overlooked because of "wow this is 3d and this music is so cd". Tons of graphical artifacts and hit detection issues. Clipping to the point where you can see past an entire level--or to the point where the user is utilizing an engine bug to "cheat" a game. Long loading times. Audio hiccups--I remember playing resident evil 2 and noticing how the cd drive was a queue for what was about to come.

Still a great console .

If someone started playing videogames and I had every videogame ever released, there'd be way more 64 games I'd recommend than psx games.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By AzatiS

@charizard1605 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@charizard1605 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@charizard1605 said:

@AzatiS said:

@charizard1605 said:

Yes, that is definitely an unbiased representation of the N64 library.

Sorry but ... PS1 destroyed N64 in total games , exclusives and multis.

If only Nintendo was more open minded about CD-ROM at the time ... They lost massive exclusives like Final Fantasy series because of Systems really bad architecture along with super expensive Cartridges. They delivered some amazing exclusives though and saved the day a bit.

Sorry, but... I disagree, and so do a lot of people.

PS1 had some amazing platformers that were some of the best available at the time. Nintendos reign in those type of games only came into it's own in the Wii era when the competition started getting into shooters. I'd play Medievil, Crash Bandicoot, 40 Winks, Spyro over Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, DK64, Conkers etc. I feel nintendo evolved the genre farther than anybody else up until they reached the limit of platforming greatness with the Mario Galaxy series.

I respect OoT. It was an amazingly crafted game. But I didn't enjoy it like I did Mario, Banjo and Pilot Wings 64 etc. It was technically better than any PS1 game by the worlds standards. And I won't argue with that. But PS1 had both quantity and quality.

But here's some N64 games that I love (so you know I'm not being too biased).

• Banjo Kazooie
  • Bomber Man 64
  • Chameleon Twist
  • Conkers Bad Fur Day
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • Donkey Kong 64
  • Doom 64
  • F-Zero X
  • GoldenEye 007
  • Killer Instinct Gold
  • Kirby 64
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Mario Party 1 (didn't like the other 2)
  • Paper Mario
  • Pilot Wings 64
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Rampage World Tour
  • Snowboard Kids
  • Star Wars Racer
  • Super Mario 64
  • Super Smash Bros.
  • TLoZ - OoT
  • TLoZ - MM
  • Wave Race 64
  • Yoshi's Story

These are what made me happy back in the day. There is an even longer list of PS1 games, but I cba to type them all out. Just know PS1>N64.

I'm not arguing opinions. I understand, appreciate, and respect what the PS1 did for gaming, and the fact that many people prefer that console. However, it goes the other way around too- the N64 was a revolutionary system that did so much, had so many classic games, and it is entirely possible to completely prefer that system and its games. Such as I do, and roughly 40% of System Wars (at the time of this posting) does.

Yeah I get you 100% mate. It's anybodys choice at the end of the day. The N64 and PS1 were both revolutionary. Just more so the PS1. It's funny how Sony have fell in a way. I mean, the whole reason the PS1 was so hyped all the way back from 1993 onwards was because of how massive Sony were in the 80's and 90's. They were like Samsung are now with phones for all electronic goods. When word got out that Sony were releasing a console, everybody instantly had faith that it would be something special because of their previous track record with other electronics. Nowadays, Sony are falling hard in most departments. And It's a shame. Yeah, PS4 is doing amazing. But it kinda has the PS1 and 2 impact to thank for that. The PS3 fell short because of it's own reasons as I'm sure you know. But the PlayStation franchise has always humbled me in a way when I look at what it has achived. Too many people on SW downplay it I think.

People who downplay PlayStation are ultimately either just trolling for the fun of it, or unnecessarily dumb. Yes, I like to make fun of PlayStation a lot, but any time I discuss it seriously, I am sure you have noticed me saying that it's simply the most consistently best line of consoles that there is. Apart from PS1 (which we just discussed haha) there has never been a PlayStation console that wasn't the best of its era.

Sony's fall was interesting, in that if they had played their cards right, they could have been what Apple is today. Instead, their arrogance and infighting caused their fall. I have hopes that this company returns to its former glory, but frankly, I don't expect that will ever actually happen- that ship has long sailed.

You know what is funny Charizard ? That even on fall Sony managing to provide amazing AAA caliber exclusives one after the other. Look at PS3. So problematic system ... a god knows what they were thinking. Whats the results ?

The results is a problematic console that has so many problems with one of the most serious ones being SALES while company behind it losing BILLIONS , i repeat , BILLIONS per year for like 6-7 years constantly.

What a common people would think ? That PS3 might die or PS3 support might stop soon or later ? What really happened ? Sony provided amazing support to PS3 owners even in next gen !! What if PS3 didnt sale as expected , what if Ps3 wasnt a profitable product ... HELL ...what if SONY had to sale their big TOKYO buildings or whatever the case ... They still provided PS3 with unbeleivable exclusives when the "winners" let their system like DEAD like how many years till next gen ( wii for example ? ) ...

PS1 ---> Tremendous support --- The excuse was sold alot

PS2 --> Tremendous support -- The excuse was sold alot

PS3 --> Tremendous support --- Not even close to what PS1/PS2 offered yet ... It didnt letdown its customers beyond all expectations even in next gen with massive exclusives. Whats the excuse now for that to happen from a multibillion losses company ? Is there any left for anyone out there ?

Where is Wii ? Where was GC that died prematurely also . What was N64s games in its last 2 years of its life more or less ? Sony even on fall they delivering ? How not to respect such thing ? How not to value their console like no other ? All i got for Sony in their Playstation department ..is respect. Thats all i got. If after so many billions losses and struggles and slaps in the face ...delivering massive AAA caliber exclusives. Thats beyond any logic and expectations. If thats how a "fallen" company reacts to huge problems !! I respect a fallen Sony more than any other company then when it comes to console gaming.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

N64 had some really great games, but PSX had more.

Exactly. I still have over 150 PS1 games in a foot locker in my closet. Games like Suikoden, Fear Effect, Ten Pin Alley (I still remember interviewing Adrenlin Entertainment for this game), Point Blank, Policenauts, Battle Arena Toshiden (how many remember this game. One of the first 3D fighting game and it was great), Warhawk, GTA, Hardball 5, Kings Fields 1 & 2, Carnage Heart (rare), Bushido Blade and so many other great titles. I'm trying to list games people probably forgot about on the PS1. There were just way more good and great games on the PS1, then on the N64 overall. Not to take anything away from the N64, because it too had a mountain of incredible games as well. The PS1 was still the King back then though.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178866 Posts

@Heirren said:

@LJS9502_basic:

Partially, I suppose. Go back and play some psx games. Many are messier and clunkier than I remember. The 16bit sports titles hold up much better. There was a lot of issues that got overlooked because of "wow this is 3d and this music is so cd". Tons of graphical artifacts and hit detection issues. Clipping to the point where you can see past an entire level--or to the point where the user is utilizing an engine bug to "cheat" a game. Long loading times. Audio hiccups--I remember playing resident evil 2 and noticing how the cd drive was a queue for what was about to come.

Still a great console .

If someone started playing videogames and I had every videogame ever released, there'd be way more 64 games I'd recommend than psx games.

Eh. It's hard for some people to forget the advances in games when they play the older console games. 3D was new and as such not as smooth as it is now for the most. 2D was much easier to program and so it seems to hold up better. But that depends on what criteria one uses for games. Are many 2D games made today by major studios? As a rule no. It's not considered modern. There are people that would find 2D stagnant. Then there are those who go by graphics. Nothing but the current gen will please them. I like playing older games....doesn't bother me. There are good games in every gen and if you're going to get hung up on advances in tech then you're missing quite a bit of fun.

That last paragraph is of course your opinion. You are welcome to your opinion. No one is saying you aren't. But which console was important to it's generation? I think the PS was moreso than the N64. And bear in mind at the time I preferred....and still do....SEGA consoles. But looking at the history of games....the PS was much more important the N64. And that is what should be discussed.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#58 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41576 Posts

@AzatiS said:

1) Why you going into damage control here ... I said that PS1 had way more support than N64, mainly because of N64s bad decisions hardware wise. Similar to what happened with PS3 but x100 worse if you asking me. PS3 also lost some major "exclusives" to competition because of its faulty hardware and bad decisions over it. Tekken , MSG , Final Fantasy series .. you name it !! Major "exclusives" or even time exclusives if you want. Still it hurt the system pretty bad. Its common sense. Why you get angry ?

If only N64 had CD-rom would have been x2 successful for sure despite its problematic architecture. x2 more titles and 3rd party support for sure imho. So i dont get what you bypassing my whole point and you talking out of your ....!

2) Well you forget that timed exclusives of that era lasted like 2-3 years as exclusives more or less.It was a big deal back then imho. Similar to what RE4 was for GC but had even more impact since it was the big leap of 2D to 3D. All i said was that it was timed exclusives , dont get so sensitive over it. It was timed exclusive and one of the best PS1 hits ever that pushed sales even more.

Oh, the irony in you telling me to "not get sensitive" over this when you get sensitive over people's preference for Nintendo over Sony.

And all I did was agree with Charizard that the N64 list was freaking unfair. I don't care if Nintendo 64 has less games than it's rival, you shouldn't deliberately miss content and FFL missed a lot of content for the N64 (that and he just didn't seem to care).

You know what, I don't know why I bother with you.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By AzatiS

@nintendoboy16 said:

@AzatiS said:

Oh, the irony in you telling me to "not get sensitive" over this when you get sensitive over people's preference for Nintendo over Sony.

And all I did was agree with Charizard that the N64 list was freaking unfair. I don't care if Nintendo 64 has less games than it's rival, you shouldn't deliberately miss content and FFL missed a lot of content for the N64 (that and he just didn't seem to care).

You know what, I don't know why I bother with you.

You see you didnt quote the whole thing for everyone to see your fanboystic responses. You getting so sensitive because i said RE2 was time exclusive ? Really ? IT WAS time exclusive and N64 got RE2 waaaay after PS1 release. Thats a fact , how im the one getting sensitive here i dont get it.

About the list maybe but overall , full list or not ... N64 was an upset considering all the hype and success of SNES and i blame the idiotic decisions of lame architecture and lack of CD-ROM , otherwise it would had x2 its success. Where the heck you disagree i dont get it !! Rofl , stating facts = damage control for sheeps ? I mean .. what the heck is wrong with sheeps nowdays. Sooooo sensitive.

Next time quote properly for people to see the whole thing

EDIT : Im backing up every single word im saying , i advise you to do the same or yes , dont even bother talking craps without backing up anything . You just mumbling things without actually say something desperatly trying to make it personal ! Prove me wroooong sheeep :) Prove me if you can , do it!

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#60 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Why do you make the shittiest lists? It's always skewed in some way to favor what you believe. That's all you could think of for N64? Seriously? No Banjo Tooie? Mario Party 2? Conker?

Just when I think it can't get much worse out of you, you continue to prove that my expectations are too high.

I enjoyed the Playstation more during that generation. It got more play time with games like Final Fantasy, Chrono Cross, and Crash Bandicoot. The N64 has plenty of classics that I still love to play, but I got way more entertainment out of my PS1.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

if were comparing ratios good:bad games

n64 had the better ratio

but ps1 had more of a selection

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Playstation has been shitting on Nintendo since N64

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

lol at this damage control thread...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#65  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

Why do you guys even give a shit about the list? Do you need it to make a decision or something?

Most of my favorite PS games aren't in there anyway -- Suikoden, anyone? Xenogears? Grandia? Alundra?

**** the list. Use your memory...

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By KBFloYd

@scottpsfan14 said:
@KBFloYd said:

PS1>N64 tho.

PS2>GC tho.

PS3>Wii tho.

PS4>WiiU tho.

Okay, I'll give you 3DS>Vita.

actually its

NES>vapor sony

SNES>baby sony

ps1>n64

ps2>gamecube

wii>ps3 (lol stop denying it...more people liked the wii)

ps4>wiiU

gameboy and DS > every competitor handheld combined

the deck is stacked in our favor.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

The PS1 had more games. The good thing about it is that some of them were 2D games and even sprite-based, which worked wonderfully with hardware from that generation, even though most developers were stuck on a "Gotta have them 3D graphics" mindset.

That said, N64 3D games aged INFINITELY better than PS1 3D games.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By KBFloYd

@scottpsfan14 said:

Right. So the SNES and NES are a win for Nintendo? Since they are Ninty's best systems anyway. SNES is the best Nintendo console for me. PS1 is the best Sony console for me. And PS1>SNES for library of good games.

Only manchilds and MJ wannabees can like Nintendo systems the best past the age of 20 lol.

And Wii? Shit no. A system that I forgot about by 2010 is not better than PS3. Sorry. That gen easily goes 360>PS3>Wii for me. PS3 a close second though. It's exclusive lineup is just more diverse than Nintendo's. Nintendo make the best platformers, but then R&C A Crack in Time is amazing. I'm sure you would enjoy it if you didn't have Reggies dick in your mouth. Sure SSB>>>>>>>PSAllstarsbattleshit, but who cares? Nintendo went the route of long lasting soap opera franchises. They still have many 1980's IP's being milked. You can take that as a good or bad thing, but they are very well known. Especially Mario.

I personally am more impressed with Sony's handling of the gaming industry. They have done very good since 1995. Only trolls say otherwise.

the numbers dont lie...

wii>ps3...and thats that..accept it...ps3 wasa disaster for sony that almost killed them. they still havnt fully recovered.

also there are a lot of MJ wannabees in japan...

43million 3DS sold. and 6 million wiiUs....100million wiis....MJ's all over the place

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

PSOne but N64 had it decent games too...problem for me is that I could count them on one hand

This. I got a lot more use out of PS1, but I have so say, we played a shit load of Goldeneye split screen in the dorms. Loved Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, and Star Fox 64, but beyond those, I didn't play much on the 64. The PlayStation library spanked it in quantity.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

I'd say PS1 - but OoT and SM 64 were so damn good that it makes it a real tough call.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts
@scottpsfan14 said:
@KBFloYd said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@KBFloYd said:

PS1>N64 tho.

PS2>GC tho.

PS3>Wii tho.

PS4>WiiU tho.

Okay, I'll give you 3DS>Vita.

actually its

NES>vapor sony

SNES>baby sony

ps1>n64

ps2>gamecube

wii>ps3 (lol stop denying it)

ps4>wiiU

gameboy and DS > every competitor handheld combined

the deck is stacked in out favor.

Right. So the SNES and NES are a win for Nintendo? Since they are Ninty's best systems anyway. SNES is the best Nintendo console for me. PS1 is the best Sony console for me. And PS1>SNES for library of good games.

Only manchilds and MJ wannabees can like Nintendo systems the best past the age of 20 lol.

And Wii? Shit no. A system that I forgot about by 2010 is not better than PS3. Sorry. That gen easily goes 360>PS3>Wii for me. PS3 a close second though. It's exclusive lineup is just more diverse than Nintendo's. Nintendo make the best platformers, but then R&C A Crack in Time is amazing. I'm sure you would enjoy it if you didn't have Reggies dick in your mouth. Sure SSB>>>>>>>PSAllstarsbattleshit, but who cares? Nintendo went the route of long lasting soap opera franchises. They still have many 1980's IP's being milked. You can take that as a good or bad thing, but they are very well known. Especially Mario.

I personally am more impressed with Sony's handling of the gaming industry. They have done very good since 1995. Only trolls say otherwise.

I would probably hold snes over ps1. The ps1 was magical back in the day, I remember being absolutely blown away by wipeout, tekken, ridge racer etc but I think that more snes games have stood the test of time better compared to ps1 games. Maybe because 2d games were more perfected in the snes (fourth gen) era and the fifth generation were basiclly the first generation of 3d games. I get that this is very subjective but I can easily name several masterpieces on the snes that are still great today.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By KBFloYd

@scottpsfan14 said:
@KBFloYd said:

the numbers dont lie...

wii>ps3...and thats that..accept it...ps3 wasa disaster for sony that almost killed them. they still havnt fully recovered.

also there are a lot of MJ wannabees in japan...

43million 3DS sold. and 6 million wiiUs....100million wiis....MJ's all over the place

Ironically Japan has failed to produce one single pop culture icon in music. Crazy isn't it.

Okay then. I guess you're right. Wii won gen 7. Numbers don't lie. But did it win in the gamers eyes? Ponder on that one son.

PS3>Wii U in a lot of fundamental areas such as veriaty, power, relevancy and support. It's getting supported today and will continue to do so. Has Playstation ever had to discontinue a console of theirs before 10 years on the market? The Vita will be first.

to sony you all look the same...gamer or soccor mom...when they look at you you are nothing but a dollar to them...they dont give a shit.

wii had more than ps3....nintendo won that gen...gamers or not... youre lucky you even have a ps4...thank you gamers.

10 year old consoles lol...the ps4 is already outdated in its first year! ill gladly take nintendos approach of 4 year consoles any day.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Lol, stupid thread.

PS1 dominated in every aspect; quantity, quality and sales.

N64 was the first console failure for Nintendo and is seen as the first (big) failure for the company.

...yet N64 was a great console with great games, but not on the same level as the PS1.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

The N64 is were the Nintendo 3rd party debacle started. While it is missing some multiplats and maybe exclusives on N64 side, it is missing like double or triple that on the PS side. Unless someone wants to be a revisionist it's obvious PS destroyed the competition.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21705 Posts

N64, then, but PS1, now. Most of the N64's library has aged terribly, while the PS1 has so many games that are still up to contemporary gameplay standards. Oh, and the PS1 has Omega Boost which alone is enough to give it the win.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By KBFloYd

@scottpsfan14 said:
@KBFloYd said:

to sony you all look the same...gamer or soccor mom...when they look at you you are nothing but a dollar to them...they dont give a shit.

wii had more than ps3....nintendo won that gen...gamers or not... youre lucky you even have a ps4...thank you gamers.

10 year old consoles lol...the ps4 is already outdated in its first year! ill gladly take nintendos approach of 4 year consoles any day.

What are you talking about? lol. PlayStation is a legendary franchise and the biggest console brand in the world. It just is. It has had some amazing games over the years what people the world over have adored. Same with Nintendo too, but you like to downplay PlayStation like every other person on this forum.

That's why a fanboy forum is never good for a good debate. You let your hatred for a fanbase cloud your judgement.

playstation wasnt the biggest console brand last gen. it was nintendo.

as soon as someone else offers something better...they drop sony like a bad habit. evident in the ps3.

look...sony stole everything they have...they stole the snes controller and added the n64 analog stick to it....then got in bed with 3rd parties and took it all away from nintendo. thats why i hate them. sorry if it offends you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

In my opinion, in terms of fun, amount of hours spent and personal game collection:

N64 >>>> PS1

PS had STUFF and the rest were ok games. I'm not an JRPG Weebo fanatic, so i'm glad the N64 had a limited supply of that genre. The N64 had enough games that I bought, cared about owning and playing over the amount of PS games in my library.

My library for that era:

N64 (49) vs PS1 (28).....most of the PS Garbage library were sold or traded in. All N64 games I still have. And that says a lot. Imo.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#82 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

I only owned a PS1 but my favourite games were-

• Hogs of War
  • Crash Team Racing
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Vagrant Story
  • Metal Gear Solid
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 YearoftheSnake5

@KBFloYd said:

then got in bed with 3rd parties and took it all away from nintendo

Nintendo did that to themselves with their limited cartridge media and deliberately making the N64 difficult to develop for. Both of which could have been avoided, and had they avoided them, Nintendo could have enjoyed games like Final Fantasy VII on their platform.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

PS probably had more games, but I will say N64 has the better games. Had one kid in my class who owned a PS and the rest of us had N64s. Felt bad for him.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By KBFloYd

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@KBFloYd said:

then got in bed with 3rd parties and took it all away from nintendo

Nintendo did that to themselves with their limited cartridge media and deliberately making the N64 difficult to develop for. Both of which could have been avoided, and had they avoided them, Nintendo could have enjoyed games like Final Fantasy VII on their platform.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18822 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Yes, that is definitely an unbiased representation of the N64 library.

You act like he represented PS1 well.

@PAL360 said:

N64 had some awesome games, but Playstation 1 was a far better console. That's my vote.

This is the best answer. N64 had a few games that can hold your attention for awhile but eventually you go to the wealth of games PS1 provided.

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts

PS1 > N64

And for your other threads that will follow...

PS2 > GC

PS3 > Wii

And soon enough

PS4 > WiiU

Nintendo just has it not in them to beat Sony in terms of games especially with the strong support Sony has from third parties.

Variety is what makes a great game catalog and Sony is in terms of variety, quantity and quality the king in the console space.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By KBFloYd

@scottpsfan14 said:

I knew it. I knew a lot of people over the years that were die hard Nintendo fans that have forever held a grudge against Sony for what they did to them.

Sony just played the game. And played it better. That's just history son.

they didnt play it better last gen...

and they never even learned how to play in the handheld market.

so whatever.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 LJS9502_basic

@KBFloYd said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I knew it. I knew a lot of people over the years that were die hard Nintendo fans that have forever held a grudge against Sony for what they did to them.

so whatever.

So casuals rule then?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 KBFloYd

@LJS9502_basic said:

@KBFloYd said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

so whatever.

So casuals rule then?

yes with their wallets

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 LJS9502_basic

@KBFloYd said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

So casuals rule then?

yes with their wallets

Popular doesn't mean best.....

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 YearoftheSnake5

@KBFloYd said:

N64 development difficulties. 11th paragraph down, just below the image of a Famicom.

Yamauchi admitted at the 2001 Space World event that he had deliberately ordered the N64 be difficult to develop for.

Final Fantasy switching over cartridges. See the Graphics and Technology section.

The switch was due to a dispute with Nintendo over its use of faster but more expensive cartridges, as opposed to the slower and cheaper, but much higher capacity Compact Discs used on rival systems.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18822 Posts

@scottpsfan14:

Debatable but PS2 is better than SNES.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By KBFloYd

@LJS9502_basic said:

@KBFloYd said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

So casuals rule then?

yes with their wallets

Popular doesn't mean best.....

its a good indicator....if someones buying that means its best to them...should we look down on them because we have more experience? no imo...their taste at the moment they purchase it is their taste...like it or not. they may look back on it and laugh but by then a new generation will come along and buy what they used to buy. and the cycle repeats.

in short...its best to the people that buy them and i repect that unlike you self entitled gamer.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 KBFloYd

@scottpsfan14 said:
@KBFloYd said:

so whatever.

I get it. You love Nintendo. They are really an amazing company. No one should ever deny them their due praise. It's just that as a gamer, you are really gimping yourself for actively hating a console franchise. PlayStation has some amazing games only available on the platform over the years.

Do I hate Xbox? Not at all. I never owned a PS3 since 360 blew my mind in 2005. It was too late for PS3 by 2006. It was only later on when the first party games on PS3 came along that I really started regretting my desicion to buy 360. But still, I had Halo and Gears. Crackdown, Kameo, and a few other gems I really loved. I dare say that the 360 took the place of the PS2 for gen 7 in terms of demographic. Minus the exclusives perhaps.

SNES is better than PS2 and PS3 imo. Only PS1 beats it for me. So I'm not a PlayStation shill. Halo is one of my GOATs. As is All Mario games from 64. As is Ratchet & Clank, Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter, Uncharted, and shit like that. Donkey Kong country on the SNES is some of the best shit ever made.

I am pissed off at Nintendo with the Wii U though. Sorry.

so if you hate the wiiU then you probably hated the wii....so that means youve hated nintendo for almost 10 years....

and during that whole time your shoving sonys prick up your rear every day...and spewing nintendo hate on the forum.

and im supposed to feel empathy towards you because you love the snes?

sorry..but no.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 LJS9502_basic

@KBFloYd said:

its a good indicator....if someones buying that means its best to them...should we look down on them because we have more experience? no imo...their taste at the moment they purchase it is their taste...like it or not. they may look back on it and laugh but by then a new generation will come along and buy what they used to buy. and the cycle repeats.

in short...its best to the people that buy them and i repect that unlike you self entitled gamer.

No...no it's not. Otherwise pop would be the best music, reality shows the best TV shows, and Twilight the best movie. Popular =/= best.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 KBFloYd

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@KBFloYd said:

N64 development difficulties. 11th paragraph down, just below the image of a Famicom.

Yamauchi admitted at the 2001 Space World event that he had deliberately ordered the N64 be difficult to develop for.

Final Fantasy switching over cartridges. See the Graphics and Technology section.

The switch was due to a dispute with Nintendo over its use of faster but more expensive cartridges, as opposed to the slower and cheaper, but much higher capacity Compact Discs used on rival systems.

i dont care how many internet trolls write articles on the subject....how many documentaries i watch on youtube.

i dont believe it.....the only way ill ever know the truth is if i speak japanese and speak with yamauchi myself. speak to the heads of all those 3rd party companies at that period of the console generations. only then will I be satisfied.

otherwise save all that internet trash.