Playstation Allstars Battle Royale Hype Thread:GS=6.5 lolwut? bailout.gif

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
 WELCOME TO THE PLAYSTATION ALLSTARS BATTLE ROYALE OFFICIAL HYPE THREAD!!!! Platforms: PS3 and Vita Release Date: November 20, 2012 Price: $59.99 Developer: Superbot Entertainment (With assistance from SSM) Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment Genre: Fighting What is Playstation Allstars? Playstation Allstars is the culmination and honoration of all things Playstation. It is a game that has been desired by Playstation fans for over 10 years. Playstation fans can pit their favorite Playstation heroes and villains against each other. The Concept may be similar to another fighter but the gameplay is not.  Gameplay Gameplay revolves around obtaining Super Moves in order to score kills on your enemies. There are three types of supers for every character, each super better than the last. Fill up your meter to obtain a better super by damaging your enemies.  Players: - 1-4 (Local and Online) - Cross Play Compatible Controls: All inputs are Attack + Direction - Attack 1: Square - Attack 2: Triangle - Attack 3: Circle - Super: R2 (Vita: R) - Grab Item: R1 (Vita: tap anywhere on the screen) - Grab Enemy: Press Right, Down, or Up on the right analog stick while close to the character. - Evade: L1 + Direction (Vita: L + Direction) - Air Evade: Jump + L1 (Vita: Jump + L) - Taunt: R2 (Vita: Select) Character Roster: 20 Different Characters at launch (EVIL COLE AND HEROIC COLE HAVE DIFFERENT MOVESETS SO SHUT YOUR STUPID LEM/SHEEP FACE) Character Series Big Daddy BioShock  Cole MacGrath Infamous  Colonel Radec Killzone  Dante DMC  Evil Cole MacGrath Infamous  Fat Princess Fat Princess  Heihachi Mishima Tekken  Jak and Daxter Jak and Daxter  Kratos God of War  Nariko Heavenly Sword  Nathan Drake Uncharted  Parappa PaRappa the Rapper  Raiden Metal Gear  Ratchet and Clank Ratchet and Clank  Sackboy LittleBigPlanet  Sir Daniel Fortesque Medievil  Sly Cooper Sly Cooper  Spike Ape Escape  Sweet Tooth Twisted Metal  Toro Inoue Together Everywhere!
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheDidact
How much content is there? [Quote="Seth Killian"] Beyond arcade mode with intros, endings, and rival cut-scenes for every character and all the multiplayer stuff, All-Stars has tons of interesting challenges and trials (both overall trials and character-specific stuff). Certainly its hundreds of hours of content there, and a very extensive set of unlocks, from titles, to taunts, to character-specific intro and outro moves, musical themes, badges, etc. Hope this helps.

GAMEPLAY!!!!! VIDEO 1VIDEO 2VIDEO 3SACKBOYTHE ALLSTAR (FULL LENGTH AD) WEBSITE http://m.playstationallstars.com/ MOAR SCREENSHOTS     TROPHIES LOL IGN (SOME PEOPLE CONSIDER TROPHIES A SPOILER SO IM LINKING THEM Game Modes There are confirmed to be both single and multi-player (online and offline) game modes. SuperBot have hinted that some will be revealed at a later date. So far in all the ones shown, players can only get kills by using supers. Multi-Player In multiplayer, it has been confirmed that there will be both online and local play. Online, SuperBot Entertainment will run tournaments and competitions. They have also confirmed that team play with any number of players is possible (eg. 1v1, 2v2, 3v1 etc.). It is not known at this time whether or not local and online players will be able to play together, and if this is the case, whether or not the game will allow for multiple PSN accounts to sign in. These are the confirmed game modes: Timed Mode: Players try to get the highest score possible within a time-limit. Killing a player scores you 2 points, getting killed causes you to lose 1. The lowest score you can have is -2. Stock Mode: Players have to compete with a set number of lives, whoever is the last person alive wins the match. Reverse-Stock Mode: Players compete to see who can be the first to reach a certain number of kills. Single-Player A few details have been revealed about the Single-Player modes. Story Mode: It is known there will be a story-based mode with a progression system similar to tekken.At the game's announcement Omar Kendall revealed that there would be an end-game boss. At an Evo 2012 panel, he explained that they had to decide wether to draw insipiration from a single game, or do something more general, but then went on to say that players would have to find out "where they ended up". They also reavealed at the same panel that each character would have a rival. Here is an example with rivals Toro Inoue and Heihachi Mishima. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY2XsFAq2KQIGN PLAYSTATION ALLSTARS VS SSBBPRE ORDER BONUSES Alternate costumes for Kratos, Radec, Fat Princess, Sly, Sweet Tooth, Parappa, Big Daddy, Drake, Heihachi, and Toro  Cross-Platform Features PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is being released on both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, this means that there are many benefits players can use if they own both platforms, here are the features revealed thus far: Cross-Buy People who buy PlayStation All-Stars on PS3 through retail or on PSN will get the Vita version through PSN at no additional cost. [1] Sony is implementing this strategy into many other of it's releases moving forward such as Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (also known as Q-Force in other regions) and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. Cross-Play Cross-Play enables 4 players to face off in real-time battles on both PS3 and PlayStation Vita. Cross-Save As both the PS3 and Vita versions of the game are nearly identical, players will be allowed to transfer progress from one version of the game to the other. Unlocking trophies on both versions as well.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Where's the poll?
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheDidact
CONFIRMED STAGES!!!! 14 stages have been confirmed in PlayStation All-Stars. Each one features elements of two or more games, such as Hades, which features both God of War and Patapon elements.               Final Game Modes: - Arcade Mode - Training Mode - Combat Trials - Versus Matches o Online o Team Battle o Free For All -Custom Matches- Time Limit Kill Limit Stock Limit AP Generation Toggle Intro/Outro Toggle Stage Hazard Toggle Item Toggle
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheDidact
Where's the poll?kuraimen
It's up. :D
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
It hasn't released yet? lol
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44087 Posts

Quintuple A is winning and have no doubts that ABR will meet the hype. :shock: ::P

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

Great hype thread Mr. Didact.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
Great thread man. Let's see how this goes. :) Moses will be angry, you stole his thunder! :P Anyways I'll hold judgement till I play the final build.
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

AAAAA fo sure yo

[spoiler] Voted A because the beta was pretty damn bad. Though I expect lower reviews. So a pass on Kratos Battle Royale for me. [/spoiler]

DarthClark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DarthClark
Member since 2012 • 458 Posts
Playstation Flopstars, 6/10 confirmed.
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS!!!!: Playstation 3 Computer Entertainment System with a Hard Drive OR Playstation Vita Portable Entertainment System Electricity and TV (ONLY FOR PS3) Controller Reccomended: 500GB Super Slim PS3 Vita With Memory Card of 32GB 60" HD TV PIZZA!!!!! COCA COLA CUZ MOUNTAIN DEW R SELLOUTS!!!! TheDidact

lol'd

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kuraimen

How dafuq is AAAAA winning? :lol: Are people rigging this or are hardcore cows preparing themselves for some massive SW ownage? :P

Desmonic
Lemtrolls obviously.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

AAAAA GOTFY!!!

:P

It'll probably score like a 6.5-7.0 here.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#18 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
I see you reached level 10.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
AAAAA :o [spoiler] A for sure [/spoiler]
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
I voted aa. It'll probably get 8.0, but 8.5 isn't entirely out of the question. Anything above on GS is impossible the way GS have been scoring lately. On the same time I wouldn't be surprised to see Them give it 6.0 and claim some random BS such as it reminds of SSB.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

7.0-7.5

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

I'm going to go with a cautious AA. I lvoe brawlers so heres to hoping they fix stuff from the beta and this one turns out great.

EDIT: Lems can't decide if they want to rig this and overhype or trash it. 8 for AAAAA and 8 for A :lol:

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheDidact
I see you reached level 10.Stevo_the_gamer
Just wanted to beat ShadowMoses to the punch. :lol:
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 danish-death
Also you could've put a little more effort into this thread. There is no mentioning of gameplay modes, combos, strategies and why this game is different oppose to similar to SSB. You gameplay links Are all SW material instead of being informative. There is a ton of sh1t missing considering this IS a hype thread and not just purely SW material, which you make it look like. That's just my opinon though :)
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kuraimen
Also you could've put a little more effort into this thread. There is no mentioning of gameplay modes, combos, strategies and why this game is different oppose to similar to SSB. You gameplay links Are all SW material instead of being informative. There is a ton of sh1t missing considering this IS a hype thread and not just purely SW material, which you make it look like. That's just my opinon though :)danish-death
He's trolling if you haven't noticed. This is not a legit hype thread.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheDidact
Also you could've put a little more effort into this thread. There is no mentioning of gameplay modes, combos, strategies and why this game is different oppose to similar to SSB. You gameplay links Are all SW material instead of being informative. There is a ton of sh1t missing considering this IS a hype thread and not just purely SW material, which you make it look like. That's just my opinon though :)danish-death
I'm going to continue updating it just give me some time. :lol: I'm not going to base the entire thread upon its differences to SSB. I already mentioned the combo system in the OP.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheDidact
[QUOTE="danish-death"]Also you could've put a little more effort into this thread. There is no mentioning of gameplay modes, combos, strategies and why this game is different oppose to similar to SSB. You gameplay links Are all SW material instead of being informative. There is a ton of sh1t missing considering this IS a hype thread and not just purely SW material, which you make it look like. That's just my opinon though :)kuraimen

How exactly am I trolling? Is it because I love the Halo games? People can own and enjoy multiple consoles dude.
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

That would be because this is a troll thread.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="danish-death"]Also you could've put a little more effort into this thread. There is no mentioning of gameplay modes, combos, strategies and why this game is different oppose to similar to SSB. You gameplay links Are all SW material instead of being informative. There is a ton of sh1t missing considering this IS a hype thread and not just purely SW material, which you make it look like. That's just my opinon though :)TheDidact

How exactly am I trolling? Is it because I love the Halo games? People can own and enjoy multiple consoles dude.

:| AAAAA???
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheDidact
If anybody has more info they want me to add, just say so.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cheleman

no offense to my boy Didact, but i too feel like this thread should have been made by a cow.

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

This thread needs to be locked.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kuraimen

no offense to my boy Didact, but i too feel like this thread should have been made by a cow.

Cheleman
Yeah or should cows make 360 exclusives hype threads now? lol
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheDidact

Cheleman
:cool: If it makes people feel better i'll remove AAAAA from the poll. :roll: OP will be updated with Game Modes soon.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Cheleman

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

TheDidact

:cool: If it makes people feel better i'll remove AAAAA from the poll. :roll: OP will be updated with Game Modes soon.

it's not that man. it's you:P

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

i can't join a game :[

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 danish-death
[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

kuraimen
Yeah or should cows make 360 exclusives hype threads now? lol

I would've gladly made one next week, when I'm done with exams and have a week off ._. But uhm yeah..
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheDidact
Update: Game Modes Added and Video Titles changed.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

lol@ those too scared to give genuine hype.

TC you can't have an official hype thread with that poll.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
:lol: so, fable the journey is the bar we're setting here? :P
DarthClark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DarthClark
Member since 2012 • 458 Posts

threads only been made an hour and already we have a lake of tears

th?id=I.4556677622138138&pid=15.1

th?id=H.4872581036246494&pid=15.1

th?id=H.4539819878449268&pid=15.1

th?id=I.4671589459820559&pid=15.1

bgrn2110l.jpg

sts106mat
lol
free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

Well done tc.

All the cows are butthurt since they cant make hype threads.This is an amazing hype thread especially for your level and experiance :P

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheDidact

Well done tc.

All the cows are butthurt since they cant make hype threads.This is an amazing hype thread especially for your level and experiance :P

free_milk
Thanks. I live to please. Also, poll updated. [spoiler] YEAH IM A NOOB BIG WHOOP WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT [/spoiler]
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="free_milk"]

Well done tc.

TheDidact
Thanks. I live to please. Also, poll updated.

only have ratings in it.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheDidact
Updated with pics of fighters
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts
You might want to take "official" out of the title cause mods usually do that when they sticky the thread :P
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TheDidact
You might want to take "official" out of the title cause mods usually do that when they sticky the thread :PPhazonBlazer
Done
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

after playing the beta, I predict a 7.5 here and somewhere around an 81% average on Gamerankings. I think the game will be great fun personally.