Playstation Allstars Battle Royale Hype Thread:GS=6.5 lolwut? bailout.gif

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#201 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
Fat Princess = Honey Boo Boo
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

I have never seen a better example of a.. vote of no confidence :o

Kinda embarrassing. :P

jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
anybody know who's reviewing it anyways?
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#204 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Played this earlier today at Gamestop while I was waiting for my Assassin's Creed in line. Played with Kratos and Big Daddy. Game is a lot of fun. Not Smash Bros. levels of fun, of course, but I'm not even looking for that anymore. It's just fun, that's what matters. I'll play it safe and hype it an 8.0 (AA), but my interest in it has risen sharply.

Basically. Superbot did an incredible job at making this game fun. The only reason I tried the beta was because I got it early with PS+... And I've played it tons and tons since. Its a fun, fun game as far as I'm concerned. The only thing holding the game back score wise is if reviewers make an active attempt to compare it to SSB and talk of it negatively because of that and only that (I've seen a number of previews or beta reviews that do asinine things like that).
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 lx_theo

I have never seen a better example of a.. vote of no confidence :o

Kinda embarrassing. :P

SecretPolice
From reading here, its more of a vote in no confidence in Gamespot being able to review it from a neutral standpoint versus a vote in no confidence in the game.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#206 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Good to see Sony fans playing safe, for once. A year ago this game would have been hyped AAAAE, only possible on PS3, GOTY, etc... :P

I say AAE, though. It looks fun as hell, and i loved SSBB.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Dang for a game that had some bigass threads, A is kind of sad. :P I hype it AA since combat aside, it looks like it could be good.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Dang for a game that had some bigass threads, A is kind of sad. :P I hype it AA since combat aside, it looks like it could be good.tagyhag
Because cows hype the crap out of games, but when it comes to actual official hype threads they all back completely down, its downright embarrassing.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#209 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

I still can't believe you can't knock guys off the edges in this game. Why copy smash bros this much but take out the thing that makes it fun

sora16perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 sora16perfect
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]Dang for a game that had some bigass threads, A is kind of sad. :P I hype it AA since combat aside, it looks like it could be good.blue_hazy_basic
Because cows hype the crap out of games, but when it comes to actual official hype threads they all back completely down, its downright embarrassing.

They aren't hyping this game like that because for the past year gamespots been s***ing on anything that isn't gears,halo, a rockstar/Bethesda game, or call of duty.

JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="tagyhag"]Dang for a game that had some bigass threads, A is kind of sad. :P I hype it AA since combat aside, it looks like it could be good.sora16perfect

They aren't hyping this game like that because for the past year gamespots been s***ing on anything that isn't gears,halo, a rockstar/Bethesda game, or call of duty.

They ain't hyping it cause its just not that good. I played some matches on the beta and its nowhere near as good as Smash Bros. It might get a 7 if gamespot is generous.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="tagyhag"]Dang for a game that had some bigass threads, A is kind of sad. :P I hype it AA since combat aside, it looks like it could be good.sora16perfect

Yes thats why the PC has a huge number of AAe titles that fit that mould :roll:

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#213 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
7.5, I'm betting. 8 at most, 6 at the least.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]Dang for a game that had some bigass threads, A is kind of sad. :P I hype it AA since combat aside, it looks like it could be good.blue_hazy_basic

It's not that good, i's fun but that's it 1) X faction hypes a good game, being good (A-AA): Cowards, embarrassing 2) X faction hypes a good game, being excellent (AAA, AAAA): Overhyped, stupid, embarrassing The game is getting the hype it deserves, plain and simple.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="tagyhag"]Dang for a game that had some bigass threads, A is kind of sad. :P I hype it AA since combat aside, it looks like it could be good.Giancar

It's not that good, i's fun but that's it 1) X faction hypes a good game, being good (A-AA): Cowards, embarrassing 2) X faction hypes a good game, being excellent (AAA, AAAA): Overhyped, stupid, embarrassing The game is getting the hype it deserves, plain and simple.

I don't disagree with the A hype in this thread (thats what I'm plumping for) its in all the other threads in the past few months where this has been hyped as being an AA game and salvaging the end of year that I have an issue with.
sora16perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 sora16perfect
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts

[QUOTE="sora16perfect"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] Because cows hype the crap out of games, but when it comes to actual official hype threads they all back completely down, its downright embarrassing.blue_hazy_basic

How many AAA retail games have there been in the past year?
Farsendor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Farsendor1
Member since 2012 • 462 Posts

i think this game is going to be ok nothing ground breaking. seeing sonys characters fight one another is kind of exciting

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]

[QUOTE="sora16perfect"] They aren't hyping this game like that because for the past year gamespots been s***ing on anything that isn't gears,halo, a rockstar/Bethesda game, or call of duty.

sora16perfect

How many AAA retail games have there been in the past year?

Go have a look ... football manager 13 just got an AAe for goodness sake.

EDIT I said AAe, Guild Wars was AAA and retail is all but a dead market for the PC now.

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#220 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts

*Bump*

Lets renew the hype. Heres a video of Omar with IGN, quite interesting.

http://www.twitch.tv/ignlive/b/340145394

Pretty cool watching Omar play. Good cole vs Evil cole at 1:20.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"]Honestly how much people are barking up a storm about this game, the hypei s only an A, really?Z-Fatalis

Who's been "barking up a storm" over this? it's a good, fun game nothing more.

With the current roster it's only worth AA imo, it will be lucky if it even gets that in GS

Then why not hype it an 'AA', I just don't get it. Its looks like 'AA', but were're just going to hype it just an 'A'. Don't give me that BS. I seen enough people excited for this game, but then we got this underwhelming 'A' hype thread. I just don't understand, are people just scared or something?

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"]Honestly how much people are barking up a storm about this game, the hypei s only an A, really?ArisShadows

With the current roster it's only worth AA imo, it will be lucky if it even gets that in GS

Then why not hype it an 'AA', I just don't get it. Its looks like 'AA', but were're just going to hype it just an 'A'. Don't give me that BS. I seen enough people excited for this game, but then we got this underwhelming 'A' hype thread. I just don't understand, are people just scared or something?

The cows have been scared.. that's why they all celebrated LBPC getting a 7. We don't call them cow-wards for nothing.. ;)
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 lx_theo

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"]Honestly how much people are barking up a storm about this game, the hypei s only an A, really?ArisShadows

People, when being realistic, vote what they expect Gamespot to give it. Its basically a vote of no confidence in the Gamespot reviewer for a game like this.
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
Don't really care what it scores , I had fun with the beta. And getting a vita copy with my ps3 copy is a double win
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#225 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

OhSnapitz

The cows have been scared.. that's why they all celebrated LBPC getting a 7. We don't call them cow-wards for nothing.. ;)

You slay me sir.

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

this game has flop written all over it

game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#227 game_masta14
Member since 2005 • 3251 Posts

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Its not the fact that they're scared. It's just they don't trust GS's reviews anymore and possibly soon IGN's with the way they've been scoring exclusives as of late. And if Tom McSh** reviews this game, it's score has already been sealed. "It's like Smash" -1pt "My favorite character didn't make it" -1.5pts "It's not enough like Smash" -1pt "I don't like killing with supers" -1pt "This game is too hard to play" -0.5pts "No wait it's too easy" -0.5pts 4.5/10 I predict GS (mainly Tom McShea) will give it this score and if it does, I'll make this my sig.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 lx_theo

this game has flop written all over it

Meeeper282
Hyped at A? Even if the entire review is unfairly comparing it to SSB, it should still be at least A.
Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 todd2r_Partdeux
Member since 2012 • 762 Posts
I like how cows hyped this thing at A to save their ass. Grow a set and pull out your tampon and hype it AAA.
JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts

6.5 or 7. Its nowhere near as fun as Smash Bros.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#231 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I wanna get excited for this game but the roster kinda looks lackluster.

game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 game_masta14
I like how cows hyped this thing at A to save their ass. Grow a set and pull out your tampon and hype it AAA. todd2r_Partdeux
Why do you care? You just gonna poop on the game anyway. But since you spent $60 to do that, I'll be the one laughing.
Tynrils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Tynrils
Member since 2012 • 34 Posts

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

There's 62 AA votes and 21 AAA votes, what more do you want? Cows don't control what the rest of SW votes on, and by the looks of it they really arent interested in this game.

magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#234 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts

I'm interested in seeing how this game will played at comepetitive scenes. I know items and stage hazards will be turned off. I'm actually glad there's a way to turn off stage hazards.

Can't wait to see the complete tier list. :P

Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 todd2r_Partdeux
Member since 2012 • 762 Posts
[QUOTE="todd2r_Partdeux"]I like how cows hyped this thing at A to save their ass. Grow a set and pull out your tampon and hype it AAA. game_masta14
Why do you care? You just gonna poop on the game anyway. But since you spent $60 to do that, I'll be the one laughing.

No I will be laughing. I would never spend 60 bucks on that turd. I will buy used, that way Sony doesn't get my money. Weeeeeeeee
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#236 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

[QUOTE="game_masta14"][QUOTE="todd2r_Partdeux"]I like how cows hyped this thing at A to save their ass. Grow a set and pull out your tampon and hype it AAA. todd2r_Partdeux

No I will be laughing. I would never spend 60 bucks on that turd. I will buy used, that way Sony doesn't get my money. Weeeeeeeee

I thought you said you were gonna buy the game just to poop/pee/whatever on it.

game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 game_masta14
[QUOTE="game_masta14"][QUOTE="todd2r_Partdeux"]I like how cows hyped this thing at A to save their ass. Grow a set and pull out your tampon and hype it AAA. todd2r_Partdeux

You're still spending money to take a dump. Oooooh, you're so edgy.
TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

I think it will get higher than an A, but the lack of iconic characters will hurt sales in my opinion.

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#239 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts
I love how upset people are about there being no chance for them to claim flop.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

I love how upset people are about there being no chance for them to claim flop._Cadbury_
It makes system wars more interesting. lol

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
The haters better hurry up and make more alt accounts so they can keep voting AAAA. :roll:
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
The haters better hurry up and make more alt accounts so they can keep voting AAAA. :roll:nervmeister
Only posted votes will count anyways...
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

I voted AA

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#244 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
Spike will save this game from being a colossal failure, AA.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
hype = A? wtf... cows stop being P*ssies.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

Voted AA, but I was torn beteen AAA and AA.

nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 nitekids2004
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts

I'm ashamed of fellow cows who have no faith :(

this game should be AA.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

AA - Probably get an 8/10 score or else..

Question:- Is it still confirmed getting the PS3 version entitles you for a free PSV version?

Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

[QUOTE="nervmeister"]The haters better hurry up and make more alt accounts so they can keep voting AAAA. :roll:Giancar
Only posted votes will count anyways...

Unlike other hype threads....:lol:

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

AA - Probably get an 8/10 score or else..

Question:- Is it still confirmed getting the PS3 version entitles you for a free PSV version?

Malta_1980

Yes it is