Planetside 2 launches on PC, featuring up to 2000 players in each battle...

• 444 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 0

#201 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

This isn't game for ADD gamers. If you're someone who easily gets frustrated, look elsewhere. If you can use your brain and have a decent rig, welcome to one of the greatest shooting experiences ever created.

AktionJakson

Seems like the perfect game for ADD gamers. Hundreds of people running around to shoot, bullets and explosions flying everywhere. That's all they really want.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#202 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="AktionJakson"]

This isn't game for ADD gamers. If you're someone who easily gets frustrated, look elsewhere. If you can use your brain and have a decent rig, welcome to one of the greatest shooting experiences ever created.

Master_ShakeXXX

Seems like the perfect game for ADD gamers. Hundreds of people running around to shoot, bullets and explosions flying everywhere. That's all they really want.

Except it's nothing like that. Going it alone gets you killed fast.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#203 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="AktionJakson"]

Master_ShakeXXX

the ADD gamer is the first one dead on PS2...or the one who can't find the war to begin with

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="AktionJakson"]

Wasdie

I love lone wolves in PS2. Free kills.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="AktionJakson"]

Wasdie

I wouldn't know. Most of my experience with the game consisted of walking around in this HUB like area for 10 minutes trying to find a vehicle, then hopping into a tank with some dude, and finally us taking on a whole desert together by ourselves. We were formidable foes, driving our death machine in many a circle conquering the infinite sands, but in the end the desert was too much for me and I submitted to it's divine boredom. Oh, and there was the occasional enemy space craft that casually flew over head. I took a few shots at it. The pilot seemed to be enjoying a nice sandwich while listening to some tunes over the radio, paying no mind to my flying hot lead and lust for combat. 'Twas a poetic, but ultimately unfulfilling quest.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#206 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

[QUOTE="Mrcod11"] I'm on Connery with the New Conglomerate. Sent you a FR on Steam.

Mrcod11

Think my TR character is on that server :twisted:

My NC character is on a different server.

I'll be watching for that name in my scope.:twisted:

You've probably killed me before, being a medic I'm like always a KoS, even being behind a squad somehow a bullet finds me....or a tank....damn tanks...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

Strange how I had so many connection issues on the full release but the beta had none. Seems like NZ players have been having a heap of trouble. I had to use a tunnel to get the launcher to download the remaining files then turn it off to create a character and login.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Ballroompirate

Strange how I had so many connection issues on the full release but the beta had none. Seems like NZ players have been having a heap of trouble. I had to use a tunnel to get the launcher to download the remaining files then turn it off to create a character and login.

October_Tide

Beta always has less amount of players playing than live.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24002 Posts

Just for fun... I tried playing this like it was CoD for a few lives.

I got killed a lot and barely contributed to the team. Then I went back and played it as a team game, and greatly helped repelling the enemy.

"Combat Medics can heal you, if you stop running around. I SAID IF YOU STOP RUNNING AROUND! This is also why you get picked last."

So ****ing true.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Ballroompirate

I got killed a lot and barely contributed to the team. Then I went back and played it as a team game, and greatly helped repelling the enemy.

"Combat Medics can heal you, if you stop running around. I SAID IF YOU STOP RUNNING AROUND! This is also why you get picked last."

So ****ing true.

Maroxad

Myself and a few other medics I've seen have said the exact same thing lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

[QUOTE="October_Tide"]

Ballroompirate

Pretty sure the issue has nothing to do with player counts, unless of course SOE is giving priority to users closer to their servers so those in middle earth like me just get their requests dropped. The game itself runs much smoother than the beta though, even with the aussie server having far more people than in the beta. Not sure if I will keep playing Briggs or go back to a US west server, would need to test the connection.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#212 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

So ****ing true.

Ballroompirate

Playing a medic is such a thankless job :(
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 clyde46

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

[QUOTE="October_Tide"]

October_Tide

Pretty sure the issue has nothing to do with player counts, unless of course SOE is giving priority to users closer to their servers so those in middle earth like me just get their requests dropped. The game itself runs much smoother than the beta though, even with the aussie server having far more people than in the beta. Not sure if I will keep playing Briggs or go back to a US west server, would need to test the connection.

From what I've seen, the PS2 team are having trouble with Briggs. its not playing ball.
Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Master_ShakeXXX

I wouldn't know. Most of my experience with the game consisted of walking around in this HUB like area for 10 minutes trying to find a vehicle, then hopping into a tank with some dude, and finally us taking on a whole desert together by ourselves. We were formidable foes, driving our death machine in many a circle conquering the infinite sands, but in the end the desert was too much for me and I submitted to it's divine boredom. Oh, and there was the occasional enemy space craft that casually flew over head. I took a few shots at it. The pilot seemed to be enjoying a nice sandwich while listening to some tunes over the radio, paying no mind to my flying hot lead and lust for combat. 'Twas a poetic, but ultimately unfulfilling quest.

It sounds like Planetside 2 isn't for you. Your loss. :(

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Yesterday I started downloading the game but was taking too long.. gave up and paused it.. Will give it another try today..

However watched a few vids on youtube and with proper teamwork the game looks like loads of fun

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Wtf EVERYONE on my Steam friends list is playing. I must play now

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 clyde46

OB-47
Which faction are you?
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

clyde46

Which faction are you?

I'm not sure which side I'm gonna go. I'm still downloading the game

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="OB-47"]

OB-47

Which faction are you?

If you arent TR, then I dont want to know you.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Ballroompirate

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

So ****ing true.

clyde46

Playing a medic is such a thankless job :(

I've actually had a lot of people thanking me when I rez/heal them, although the occasional "derp" ones go try and fight right after I rez them which is funny when they get 1 shot with 20% HP.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Which faction are you?clyde46

Vanu > all

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#222 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49606 Posts

There are these things called vehicles. Join a squad or an outfit. Use the instant action on your map to get to the battle. It's a lot better to play this game with other people and large platoons. I bet your dumbass sprinted for about 15 minutes. Didn't you?Jebus213
No, I was in a constant struggle (defense) for a facility, there was no sprinting otherwise I would get mowed down by the vehicles. Didn't matter though, the game just felt like generic piss. I guess its only redeaming quality is the large scale. When I join a match that's pretty full of action, I expect the gunplay and battles to be fun, but it wasn't so I quit.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#223 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49606 Posts

[QUOTE="Mrcod11"]

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

lol at all you hermits not being able to handle someone not liking the game. Stevo just said a little comment and every hermit under the sun is mad.

OB-47

I think they're more on his case because he clearly didn't give the game any chance at all. For instance where he complains about needing to hike for 15 minutes to find a fight. Well, no, you can buy vehicles and aircraft, or just use the instant action function to redeploy right to the major battles in seconds. Those are some of the most basic functions in the game. I'd question if he even played it at all just based on that.

If this is the case then I guess he's wrong. Still, a lot of people can't handle any criticsm of the game. If anything, Stevo's comment shows that PS2 might not make the best first impressions.

For the record, I never said anything about hiking for fifteen minutes to find a fight. Obviously that metaphor went above his head as he tried to stupidly take what I said at face-value.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 clyde46

rilpas

Vanu > all

Dirty purple freak.
iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#225 iamrob7
Member since 2007 • 2138 Posts

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Which faction are you?clyde46

Added you in Steam, played PS2 last night and loved it, although I am VS and think of you TR as filthy scum to be removed from the universe so we might not be able to join forces.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 clyde46

iamrob7

Added you in Steam, played PS2 last night and loved it, although I am VS and think of you TR as filthy scum to be removed from the universe so we might not be able to join forces.

We may not be able to fight together but I will look forward to killing you in battle :P
iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 iamrob7

[QUOTE="iamrob7"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] If you arent TR, then I dont want to know you. clyde46

We may not be able to fight together but I will look forward to killing you in battle :P

You may well look forward to it, but it's likely you won't ever see me until you die in horrible infiltrator manufactured pain...

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

ITT: Mastershake hasn't a clue what PS2 is about, and makes it seem like we're all in the wrong.

iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 iamrob7

ITT: Mastershake hasn't a clue what PS2 is about, and makes it seem like we're all in the wrong.

seanmcloughlin

Mastershake hasn't a clue in his own threads, nevermind anyone elses.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Ballroompirate

seanmcloughlin

It's Mastershake, if it's not vanquish or nier it's crap to him. Just ignore the crap he says, I know it's hard but he will eventually go away.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
well, I gave it a fair shot, I can now safely say, I don't care much for this game
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Wasdie  Moderator

Master_ShakeXXX

So you don't understand how the terminals work, resources, or certifications. Didn't take advantage of any of the squad spawning features, the instant action features.

So you walked around the warpgate for a few minutes wondering where the fight was instead of opening up your map, seeing the frontlines, and then using the obvious instant action deploy buttons to hot drop straight into the action.

I know this games isn't the easiest game to learn, but good god, it's like you were expecting the game to play itself for you.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

So I jumped in for a few. Killed me a tank, and had me a "star Wars" moment hat blew my mind. I was on a heavy passanger truck and enemy ships flew overheard ina snowy landscape. Felt like I was in Hoth!

Any vids you guys would recommend to a newbie. I am so lost.

I'm on the red team... but guys wiht a red marker are NOT, appaarently my buddies. The blue guys are. Argh!

Kinthalis

Look up rivaLXfactor and LVLcap on youtube. Those guys have been making informative videos for PS2 since the beta. I highly recommend them for newbies.

Edit: Here's Xfactor's channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rivaLxfactor/videos?view=0

Lvlcap

http://www.youtube.com/user/LevelCapGaming/videos?view=0

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Maroxad

So I was playing some Planetside 2 jut a few moments ago, I think my skill is improving ever so slightly, but the chat man, the chat. Some guys kept whining about how the game sucks because NC are supposedly Underpowered and Vanu are overpowered.

I think my IQ dropped by a few points listening to their whines.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Wasdie  Moderator

So I was playing some Planetside 2 jut a few moments ago, I think my skill is improving ever so slightly, but the chat man, the chat. Some guys kept whining about how the game sucks because NC are supposedly Underpowered and Vanu are overpowered.

Maroxad

You get used to that. The grass is always greener on the other side.

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
What server are the majority of the people here on?
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

The question I have to ask is: for someone who loves BF3 to death, who believes BF3 is the greatestMPFPS ever, as I do, will I enjoy this?

Yeah I know, it's free, easy to try, etc, but my free time is too scarce. It's either one or the other.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Maroxad

I dont know about you guys, but I am glad they added those restrictions on the MAXes (cooldown, resource cost), nice to see them not being overabundant this time.

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Wasdie

Yeah it always is.

A lot of players out there are prone to blame failures on anything but themselves. I wouldnt be surprised if those whiners were also lone wolves (the chat also implied they were). I find all 3 factions to be relatively balanced so far. Not perfect, but certainly more well balanced than the alpha.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#239 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Wasdie

It's probably the fact that a lot of the PS1 vets went Vanu and are...*gasp*...working together :P

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Maroxad

The Vanu's only real advantage is the lack of bullet drop and their tanks can dodge

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 tagyhag

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

lostrib

The Vanu's only real advantage is the lack of bullet drop and their tanks can dodge

Yeah....Vanu snipers suck hard. I can actually get one hit kills with NC ones.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

tagyhag

Yeah....Vanu snipers suck hard. I can actually get one hit kills with NC ones.

Well it's a semi auto vs a bolt action. I think you can unlock a "bolt action" vanu rifle

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 tagyhag
Well it's a semi auto vs a bolt action. I think you can unlock a "bolt action" vanu riflelostrib
Even so, Vanu weapons' damage drops off with range, so it's very counter-intuitive with Vanu snipers. :P
Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

I would buy this if I was sure my comp could run it a decent FPS (it probably cant)

I also hated Tribes

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 lostrib

I would buy this if I was sure my comp could run it a decent FPS (it probably cant)

I also hated Tribes

Postal_Guy

it's F2P

IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 IPWNDU2
Member since 2006 • 2535 Posts

Hey guys when I try to go into the server it gets stuck at 97% every single time, any suggestions? Thanks,

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 clyde46

Hey guys when I try to go into the server it gets stuck at 97% every single time, any suggestions? Thanks,

IPWNDU2
When you run the launcher, theres a little wrench symbol. Click that and then Validate Game Assests.
iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 iamrob7

[QUOTE="lostrib"]Well it's a semi auto vs a bolt action. I think you can unlock a "bolt action" vanu rifletagyhag
Even so, Vanu weapons' damage drops off with range, so it's very counter-intuitive with Vanu snipers. :P

As a Vanu infiltrator who is currently ranked 89th all time on the player list after 7 hours of play total, I would invite you to test the glory of the Sovereignty in battle before you open your mouth again!

No but seriously, being a Vanu infiltrator is horribly good fun, I am loving it.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Ballroompirate

It's Mastershake, if it's not vanquish or nier it's crap to him. Just ignore the crap he says, I know it's hard but he will eventually go away.

Stop not likng what I like!

Sheesh, you guys are so cereal.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Master_ShakeXXX

The question I have to ask is: for someone who loves BF3 to death, who believes BF3 is the greatestMPFPS ever, as I do, will I enjoy this?

Yeah I know, it's free, easy to try, etc, but my free time is too scarce. It's either one or the other.

nunovlopes

As a fellow BF3 fan I'm going to assume you have a taste for high production value, the finest gameplay and shooting mechanics available today, and the most immersive multiplayer action possible? If that's the case, no.

But the game is free to play so try it out anyways ya dope.