Persona 5 vs Final Fantasy 15

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll Persona 5 vs Final Fantasy 15 (102 votes)

Persona 5 77%
Final Fantasy 15 23%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You knew this was coming- two long awaited, often delayed, JRPG titans, both now finally out. Which one was better? Which one did you like more?

• 
Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#51 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

Is this is a joke thread?

P5 >>>>> FF15.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

Not even a contest. Persona 5.

OyVay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 OyVay
Member since 2012 • 224 Posts

@jaydan said:

In my opinion, I would rank Final Fantasy one of the most overrated video game franchises in all of history.

How, have you played the ones on PS1?

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Let's see. One of the best JRPG ever, Persona 5, versus a boring empty open world with horrible story that only avoids being the worst in its franchise because there are games like 13 and 14. Yeah really hard

Lightning_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Lightning_fan
Member since 2012 • 351 Posts

@ArchoNils2 said:

Let's see. One of the best JRPG ever, Persona 5, versus a boring empty open world with horrible story that only avoids being the worst in its franchise because there are games like 13 and 14. Yeah really hard

Final Fantasy 13 is the pinnacle of the franchise. How can anyone not enjoy it >_>?

That being said between these two I would have to pick Persona 5 given it's universal acclaim although I have played neither!

Avatar image for quakeknight1991
quakeknight1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56  Edited By quakeknight1991
Member since 2006 • 1528 Posts

I am currently playing Persona 5 and quite honestly I think it is the most overrated JRPG of all time. And I have played tons of JRPGs.

- Ridiculously cringe worthy dialogue. All these "shitty adults" or "rotten adults" lines of dialogue are on the same level as the "Moms are tough" line from FFXIII. I am perfectly okay with teens being the protagonists and heroes of a story, I am JRPG fan after all, but there is a massive difference between that and what Persona 5 does.

- Ryuji and Haru are absolutely horrible characters. Ryuji is dense to an obnxious level and Haru is crappy moeblob.

- The social day to day activites end up becoming incredibly boring and uninteristing fairly early in the game.

- The camera when you hide behind objects in order to ambush enemies is god awful.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 670 Posts

I voted for Persona 5 because it handles the open-world element better. Yes, you can choose to go to the library to read, take on side quests and such like but you are still on a deadline to complete the main quests so you have to be mind full of the date.

In Final Fantasy and other open world games you can leave the ever-so important main story to mess about doing pointless fetch quests which have no overall bearing on the game and leave the story hanging and hanging and hanging. What you in Persona 5 actually matters.

I also like you have a morning, afternoon and evening to choose what you want to do and would prefer that better on the Sims rather than the strange clock thing they have.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I liked both of these games but Persona 5 is game of the year for me so far and by a large distance. I wasn't sure at first but it may even be better than 4. It's close.

FF XV was a decent experience but I never loved the combat and it felt like I was ripped away from the open world before I was remotely ready.

My only gripe with P5 is that sometimes it feels like I can't do much. Sometimes, I'm left with a huge wealth of things to do, other times, my cat is constantly telling me it's an early bed time for me. Why? Why can't I just stay up and make some lockpicks or a curry? Why do I have to listen to that little troll? And that's the nature of persona - but it does mean some plays are vastly more enjoyable than others.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@charizard1605: lol yeah, I get it has its problems. I can see why people wouldn't like it. I also like FF8, and everyone hates that one. Lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#60  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@mqtt said:

Final Fantasy 15, Xbox One turned down the teenage drama simulator

Man, I havent even played P5 yet but thats exactly what FFXV was to me...

FF XV had its moments but the stupid convoluted story felt rushed, the characters were badly developed and like 90% of sidequests were uninspired and just your usual JRPG grind filled with fetch quest after fetch quest.

I still like the game but after seeing some videos about FF versus XIII and what this game could have been I couldnt help but feel very disappointed by what XV became in the end. Versus XIII sounded like a way better game

So, without having played Persona 5 yet, I'm pretty sure its the superior game

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#61  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@mqtt said:
@charizard1605 said:
@mqtt said:

Final Fantasy 15, Xbox One turned down the teenage drama simulator that is Persona 5. I bet Phil Spencer and the Japanese made tons of jokes about Persona 5 while he was in Japan. Supposedly isn't it an Otaku game?

Not having Persona 5 is why Xbox One isn't doing as well in Japan- Phil Spencer

Never-mind then, I guess he went over there an either bought it for us all to play. Nobody practically has a Playstation 4 anyways except trolls, fanboys, etc.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts

Enjoyed both. P5 for me due to story and perfect presentation. FF15 could have been the best Final Fantasy but it feels like a rushed game. Too bad the game has so much potential.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

P5 is better in just about every way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Has System Wars ever been this united before?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Has System Wars ever been this united before?

Besides the extremely shitty trolls in this thread, nope.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@mqtt said:
@charizard1605 said:
@mqtt said:
@charizard1605 said:
@mqtt said:

Listen friend, that is your problem for not prioritizing the better experience.

Final Fantasy XV: 81

Persona 5: 94

Subjective scores are subjective. The fact is that Final Fantasy 15 was good enough to merit being on two platforms. What's persona 5's excuse for not being on Xbox One? It certainly is not a first or second party title.

Persona 5 is also on two platforms, so there goes that story.

PS3 does not count as a platform unless you are poor. You are beginning to agitate me, and I suggest you stop friend. Phil fucking Spencer acknowledged the games existence and presumably wants it on Xbox but it is not here with me playing it... Why is that? What is there excuse, if they said no than it is nothing short of racism against Microsoft and the Xbox platform and I may have to tear my DBZ poster off my wall.

Can't wait for you to be banned.

Going to have to start putting limits on again for new accounts due to the heavy flow of alt/troll accounts @charizard1605

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Not sure why this is even a question. Final fantasy XV isn't even worthy standing in persona 5s shadow...

Anyone who hasn't played Persona 5 would really give it a go.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

I don't like either. Didn't play FFXV, but I am currently playing Persona 5 and I don't like it. What a nonsensical premise - your character became the pariah of the society because

he stopped an apparent sexual abuse but hurt the aggressor in the process. As a result, he got criminal charges, his parents distanced themselves from him, everybody treats him as a shit. I don't know what's up with the Japanese culture and all, but it's weird to see that people there care for a rapist well being more than for the victim's and the defender. That doesn't make any common sense what so ever. And it looks like all Japanese teenagers behave themselves like total pussies: "Oh that kid got a criminal record when stopping an abuse - we must shun him and treat him as garbage because he's a troublemaker." WTF Japan.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@jhonMalcovich said:

I don't like either. Didn't play FFXV, but I am currently playing Persona 5 and I don't like it. What a nonsensical premise - your character became the pariah of the society because

he stopped an apparent sexual abuse but hurt the aggressor in the process. As a result, he got criminal charges, his parents distanced themselves from him, everybody treats him as a shit. I don't know what's up with the Japanese culture and all, but it's weird to see that people there care for a rapist well being more than for the victim's and the defender. That doesn't make any common sense what so ever. And it looks like all Japanese teenagers behave themselves like total pussies: "Oh that kid got a criminal record when stopping an abuse - we must shun him and treat him as garbage because he's a troublemaker." WTF Japan.

Yes, that's how Japan works, and that's how India, China, Korea, and a lot of eastern cultures work. That's not a nonsensical premise, that's an accurate representation of how things are. i guess be glad you had the privilege of growing up in an individualistic western society?

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Haven't played Persona 5, but Final Fantasy XV is hardly a good game. It is completely broken gameplay wise and it's almost impossible to die in the majority of the game. It's filled with dull MMO style sidequests that do little for the game story and gameplay wise, and the story as a whole ends up being a mess. It's success is more about presentation/production values and hype than anything else.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#71 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

its explained as well. There are things in motion

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

They explain it a little later on. Baldy dude is a recurring character in the story.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Persona 5.

FF15 was fun, but P5 is so much better.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@charizard1605: See, I've always been torn between 6 and 7 as my all time favorite.

Like you, I have the most nostalgia from 4, as that was my first "real" Final Fantasy game. FF legend on the gameboy and FF mystic quest don't count.

6 is amazing, and does not need to be discussed, but for the life of me, I can't understand the hate some people have for 7. Does it deserve a 10/10? No, but it most certainly was revolutionary at the time. The graphics were insane, I thought the story was great. I would say that at least 80% of the people who hate on this game, just do so because they think being different or edgy is cool.

My only real nitpick is the removal of armor other than just wearing a bracelet, and no accessories, but I felt the flexibility of the materia system made up for it pretty well.

IMO the series only really started going downhill with X, and the removal of the world map.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@appariti0n said:

@charizard1605: See, I've always been torn between 6 and 7 as my all time favorite.

Like you, I have the most nostalgia from 4, as that was my first "real" Final Fantasy game. FF legend on the gameboy and FF mystic quest don't count.

6 is amazing, and does not need to be discussed, but for the life of me, I can't understand the hate some people have for 7. Does it deserve a 10/10? No, but it most certainly was revolutionary at the time. The graphics were insane, I thought the story was great. I would say that at least 80% of the people who hate on this game, just do so because they think being different or edgy is cool.

My only real nitpick is the removal of armor other than just wearing a bracelet, and no accessories, but I felt the flexibility of the materia system made up for it pretty well.

IMO the series only really started going downhill with X, and the removal of the world map.

I legitimately can see myself having been bowled over by 7 had I played it at the time, the problem was, I didn't play it until years later, when the PS2 came out, and by then it already felt dated (especially since I had already played the far more improved FF9 by then). I think the game is sort of a victim of its own hype, a bit like Skyrim or BotW- so many people love it, so those who don't speak out even louder to make sure their voices are heard

But FF7 is not a bad game at all, it's very good. I just don't like it as much as the SNES games, or FF9.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 appariti0n

@charizard1605: Ahh, that makes a difference yeah.

When it launched, I don't think there was anything on N64 or PSX that came even remotely close to the graphics, especially some of the better pre-rendered cutscenes.

The graphics of the game didn't age well though. Cloud looks pretty darned deformed outside of combat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@appariti0n said:

@charizard1605: Ahh, that makes a difference yeah.

When it launched, I don't think there was anything on N64 or PSX that came even remotely close to the graphics, especially some of the better pre-rendered cutscenes.

The graphics of the game didn't age well though. Cloud looks pretty darned deformed outside of combat.

Yeah, totally, but I had an N64 and I was playing, what, Mario and some Rare stuff and Mario Kart at the time and I was staunchly opposed to anything PlayStation lol.

I am looking forward to the remake for this reason, because 7 is fundamentally a good game- I just don't think modern Square can do it much justice.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

for my anime gaming fix scfrerw persona and ff15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ProtossRushX said:

for my anime gaming fix scfrerw persona and ff15

Keep missing out

ThumpyBowser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ThumpyBowser
Member since 2011 • 369 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

With those out of the way- do you have a PS3? If you do, you (and should) play Persona 4 on there (available via PS2 Classics). Hell, even if you want to play Persona 3, the PSP version is the absolute worst one. There is one on PS3 via PS2 Classics, which is the one you should play. My advice is to not start with 3- play 4, or better still 5, and work back to 3 from there.

Thanks for the post, I bookmarked this page for your take on the Final Fantasy games. I really only played 7-12.

I will have to check out Persona 5 sometime (I have a PS3 and since you said it was better I might as well start with the best in the series).

@Juub1990 said:

@ThumpyBowser: Funny that you mention Majora's Mask which is my favorite game ever. I definitely need to try Chrono Cross but them going 3D with the graphics kinda turned me off. Those polygons are awful but if it's as good as Chrono Trigger I can't miss it.

The prerendered bgs are gorgeous though. Personally I feel there is a certain charm to the Saturn/PS1/ N64 era polygon graphics. Glad you enjoyed Majoras Mask. I certainly think it is the best Zelda game.

@Zensword said:

@ThumpyBowser: I did think of getting 8, although it seems divisive but after doing some research I think it's interesting. I just played 7 last year but after putting in 40 hrs, in my opinion it deserves all the praise and 92% meta rating.

It is really interesting. It was hard to follow up to 7 and a lot of people did not like some of the changes. Personally I feel that the realistic art style looks gorgeous on the PS1 (as in proportions of the characters).

@mmmwksil said:
@ThumpyBowser said:
@Juub1990 said:

Persona 5. FF has always sucked and people realize this only now.

How has FF sucked, have you played Final Fantasy 4,5,6,8, or 9? Particularly 9?

4 is okay. 5 is mechanically okay. 6 is overrated trash. 8 is laughably bad. And 9 is boring as hell.

Well is there any Final Fantasy game that you liked (including spin offs)?

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#81 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

There's no waifu in FFXV.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 appariti0n

@charizard1605: Ok, this thread finally pushed me over the edge. Went out and bought at PS4 pro.

Found FFXV for $40, Bloodborne for $10. May have to pick up P5 new though. Don't think there will be many used copies floating around yet.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts
@ThumpyBowser said:

Final Fantasy IX is my favorite game of all time. I just admit it's a rather crappy game, and one of the weakest of the series.

If I'm being perfectly honest, the best the series has ever offered includes X, X-2 and XII International. The first two have massive flaws in the story department, but are mechanically sound. 12 IZJS is overall great, though.

Other than that, I have a fondness for Crystal Chronicles, since the setting is fantastic and it's a blast to play with friends, even if it was a costly endeavor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@appariti0n: Persona 5 is sold out. Best to pick up a digital copy lol.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By appariti0n

@charizard1605: D'oh. That's ok, I can just play Sasuke and friends... er... I mean FFXV first.

Edit: Just checked, in stock at pretty much every EBgames location around here.

Guess Weaboos are less common in Canada.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Persona 5

That said, i still enjoyed FFXV for what it was but my hype died down pretty fast mid-playthrough.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@appariti0n: it's sold out at all EBGames around me tho :(

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#88  Edited By deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

Final Fantasy is my second favorite franchise (behind gta), but man I just lost interest in FF XV after about 12 hours in. I was even able to platinum the whole XIII series ( only hate XIII, didn't mind XIII-2 and like lightning returns). So Final fantasy XV wins by default since Persona 5 doesn't interest me to even give it a shot.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

Going to be honest, Persona 5 does look interesting, the problem is that I haven't played the previous games.

I just like the look of it, it's a fantasy game but set in contemporary time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@xdude85 said:

Going to be honest, Persona 5 does look interesting, the problem is that I haven't played the previous games.

You don't have to have played the older ones to play this one, they're all standalone.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#91 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@xdude85 said:

its like FF, you dont need to play the other games

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

@aigis: @charizard1605: Oh, good to know. I'll have to save it to my game to-do list then.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@xdude85 said:

@aigis: @charizard1605: Oh, good to know. I'll have to save it to my game to-do list then.

Absolutely, I hope you like it

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

@xdude85 said:

Like Chaz said, you don't need to have played the other ones to get into the serie. I'm myself a newcomer to Persona, or SMT as a whole, and had no problem with the game. I'd say Persona 5 is probably the best starting point if you're considering getting into the serie.

ThumpyBowser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ThumpyBowser
Member since 2011 • 369 Posts

@mmmwksil said:
@ThumpyBowser said:

Final Fantasy IX is my favorite game of all time. I just admit it's a rather crappy game, and one of the weakest of the series.

If I'm being perfectly honest, the best the series has ever offered includes X, X-2 and XII International. The first two have massive flaws in the story department, but are mechanically sound. 12 IZJS is overall great, though.

Other than that, I have a fondness for Crystal Chronicles, since the setting is fantastic and it's a blast to play with friends, even if it was a costly endeavor.

Well posted. I am glad that you really enjoyed IX. When they put the PS1 FF's on steam I became so happy :D. What did you think of the FFXIII trilogy and FFXV?

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#96 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

I haven't played FFXV yet and even though it looks like a great game, it would be very hard to top Persona 5 as it's easily my current GOTY and after I'm done with it, will definitely be among my personal best games of all time.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

I have FFXV, but I really have no interest in playing it. Gameplay is a mess, and it suffers from mmorpg syndrome when it comes to sidequests. Persona 5 is solid a title with enough style to keep you playing even if it gets really formulaic.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

Persona 5 loading times is fast

and gameplay is pretty quick

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#99  Edited By Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

I still feel so weird for loving FF 13. Like everyone hates it, and it's one of my favorite FF's.

I completely understand. I think sometimes people just hop on the bandwagon and at that point it becomes cool to say it sucks. I liked XIII but I also liked XV as well. The story did fall flat and it also kinda made 0 sense but eh it's Final Fantasy. What do you expect lol. But tbh FFXV can't touch Persona 5. It's not even close

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts
@ThumpyBowser said:

Well posted. I am glad that you really enjoyed IX. When they put the PS1 FF's on steam I became so happy :D. What did you think of the FFXIII trilogy and FFXV?

• XIII: I found it oddly engaging, and played it five times somehow despite a terrible plot. But something about Paradigm Shift was just really fun to me.
  • XIII-2: Combat felt slower than the original, and the inclusion of monsters as the third party member I disliked. Game glitched out and cost me half an hour of progress at one point so I got angry and returned the game. Never cared to try again.
  • XIII-3: Never tried it, don't care.
  • XV: Tried the demos, they were awful and downright insulting what constitutes "gameplay", so I chose never to buy it.