People continue to leave Sony as fast as possible.

  • 90 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for mems_1224
#1 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

In what seems to be an ongoing trend at Sony this month, someone else has left for greener pastures. Seth Killian is no longer at Sony. This comes just days after Infamous Second Son's lead designer leaves Sony and weeks after Amy Hennig was pushed out of ND. Who will leave next?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/03/25/seth-killian-leaves-sony-computer-entertainment.aspx

Avatar image for lostrib
#2 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

Haven't multiple executives left MS?

Avatar image for treedoor
#3 Edited by treedoor (7648 posts) -

They're leaving so they can spread the "live and learn" philosophy to more people.

Avatar image for clyde46
#4 Edited by clyde46 (49048 posts) -

Didn't Amy write UC3? You know, the shit one.

Avatar image for Heil68
#5 Posted by Heil68 (57720 posts) -

When you make world class, top 5GOAT games and produce an unprecedented amount of GOTY's and perfect 10/10 games, the pressure can be too much for some to handle. We all know SONY nurtures developers and has a culture of Live, Learn and Love.

We wish Seth well in his future endeavors and hope he uses the skills SONY so graciously taught him.

Avatar image for mems_1224
#6 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Haven't multiple executives left MS?

idk what you're talking about. pretty sure ballmer doesn't let anyone leave MS, he just eats them.

Avatar image for Ballroompirate
#7 Posted by Ballroompirate (25867 posts) -

This just in, no one has ever left their job to pursue another job/career tell this past month.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
#8 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9845 posts) -

Seth Killian works on fighting games and as far as I know, Sony doesn't and most likely won't be making fighting games in the near future.

Avatar image for hoosier7
#9 Edited by hoosier7 (4166 posts) -

Oh that guy who made PlayStation All Stars. Such a loss! *eye roll*

Seriously though, this is thread worthy?

@clyde46 said:

Didn't Amy write UC3? You know, the shit one.

Yup, seems they're sticking with the guy who did UC2 and TLoU. People like to spin that as a negative somehow.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#10 Posted by MonsieurX (36761 posts) -

tl;dr

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
#11 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9845 posts) -

btw, the game director of DriveClub left last month ...... to create his own studio.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#12 Posted by LJS9502_basic (161968 posts) -

Shocking that anyone ever would switch jobs....unprecedented I tell you.

Avatar image for Bigboi500
#13 Posted by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

Sony is DOOMED. DOOMED I tell you! Thanks for the info tc, I'm selling my PS4 and all my Sony games and systems and buying Microsoft systems and games from now on. You've helped me see the light.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#14 Edited by KBFloYd (18665 posts) -
@Heil68 said:

When you make world class, top 5GOAT games and produce an unprecedented amount of GOTY's and perfect 10/10 games, the pressure can be too much for some to handle. We all know SONY nurtures developers and has a culture of Live, Learn and Love.

We wish Seth well in his future endeavors and hope he uses the skills SONY so graciously taught him.

i put this in google translate..and it showed me this:

Avatar image for Solid_Max13
#15 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3588 posts) -

He left to open up his own studio and left sony on "great terms" thread backfire?

Avatar image for mems_1224
#16 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

Sony is DOOMED. DOOMED I tell you! Thanks for the info tc, I'm selling my PS4 and all my Sony games and systems and buying Microsoft systems and games from now on. You've helped me see the light.

Anytime man, don't mention it.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#17 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Haven't multiple executives left MS?

Exactly, and when people leave Nintendo nobody makes a fuzz or any other company

Avatar image for LustForSoul
#18 Posted by LustForSoul (6404 posts) -

I don't care, sony's first party studio's only make cinematic games. Them third party games matter.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#19 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12618 posts) -

Shut up you filthy lemming. Sony is still there for gamers worldwide, unlike Microsoft.

Avatar image for tyloss
#20 Posted by tyloss (846 posts) -

Thread Backfire.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#21 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Guy who signed on for the All Stars project quits after All Stars dies.

You lems are really scraping the barrel, huh? Mods please lock.

Avatar image for Opus_Rea-333
#22 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (1238 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

tl;dr

LMFAO im saving that gif when top sony guys continue leaving the building

Before the building gets sold.

Avatar image for blackace
#23 Edited by blackace (23576 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Haven't multiple executives left MS?

Yes, but over a 3 month time period. Not all in one Month that has been happening with Sony. Seems every week, someone new leaves or more developers or employees are laid off. This is what I keep saying, "Who's Next!?!?!?"

Avatar image for lostrib
#24 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@blackace said:

@lostrib said:

Haven't multiple executives left MS?

Yes, but over a 3 month time period. Not all in one Month that has been happening with Sony. Seems every week, someone new leaves or more developers or employees are laid off. This is what I keep saying, "Who's Next!?!?!?"

But these aren't even executives, they're single members from different dev teams

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#25 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44839 posts) -

So, one person leaving a company is a sign of doom? Don't be silly.

Avatar image for blackace
#26 Posted by blackace (23576 posts) -
@LJS9502_basic said:

Shocking that anyone ever would switch jobs....unprecedented I tell you.

It's not that people are leaving to switch jobs that's suspicious. It's that all these people are leaving within the same time period of a month or less. Usually once person will leave one month and then another 2-3 months later. Then maybe another a couple months after that. With Sony there's been about 8008 either laid off, force to retire or left to pursue other companies.

Avatar image for BattleSpectre
#27 Posted by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

Let's salute a fallen soldier, for he needs to feed his family and is now without a job, and we stand here to wish him all the luck in the future goodbye dear friend: Battle All Stars *sniffle*

Avatar image for shawn30
#28 Posted by shawn30 (4390 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

tl;dr

perfect response, simply shows a cows way of looking at Sony's situation

Avatar image for I_can_haz
#29 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

When you make world class, top 5GOAT games and produce an unprecedented amount of GOTY's and perfect 10/10 games, the pressure can be too much for some to handle. We all know SONY nurtures developers and has a culture of Live, Learn and Love.

We wish Seth well in his future endeavors and hope he uses the skills SONY so graciously taught him.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#30 Posted by LJS9502_basic (161968 posts) -

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Shocking that anyone ever would switch jobs....unprecedented I tell you.

It's not that people are leaving to switch jobs that's suspicious. It's that all these people are leaving within the same time period of a month or less. Usually once person will leave one month and then another 2-3 months later. Then maybe another a couple months after that. With Sony there's been about 8008 either laid off, force to retire or left to pursue other companies.

In reality a big company has people leaving a lot more frequently than that....either by choice....or being removed. Maybe when you get in real the world you'll see how it works.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#31 Posted by cainetao11 (32498 posts) -

@treedoor said:

They're leaving so they can spread the "live and learn" philosophy to more people.

Yeah, live and learn NOT to get into 6billion dollars of debt LOL

Avatar image for mems_1224
#32 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -
@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Shocking that anyone ever would switch jobs....unprecedented I tell you.

It's not that people are leaving to switch jobs that's suspicious. It's that all these people are leaving within the same time period of a month or less. Usually once person will leave one month and then another 2-3 months later. Then maybe another a couple months after that. With Sony there's been about 8008 either laid off, force to retire or left to pursue other companies.

In reality a big company has people leaving a lot more frequently than that....either by choice....or being removed. Maybe when you get in real the world you'll see how it works.

Yet when Mattrick left it was a huge deal, when the chick from 343 went to ND it was a massive deal here. I didn't see you defending MS then like you always defend Sony.

Avatar image for Sagemode87
#33 Posted by Sagemode87 (1284 posts) -

@shawn30: Lol, way to grasp at straws dude. Sony is downsizing, you know, as in restructuring? There's gonna be layoffs to cut costs. Leave that to your idiotic group to make that a negative. If Sony keeps everyone it's "haha, look at those losses" if they downsize to become more profitable it's "haha, who's leaving next". Lems are not to be taken seriously on this topic anymore.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#34 Posted by LJS9502_basic (161968 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Shocking that anyone ever would switch jobs....unprecedented I tell you.

It's not that people are leaving to switch jobs that's suspicious. It's that all these people are leaving within the same time period of a month or less. Usually once person will leave one month and then another 2-3 months later. Then maybe another a couple months after that. With Sony there's been about 8008 either laid off, force to retire or left to pursue other companies.

In reality a big company has people leaving a lot more frequently than that....either by choice....or being removed. Maybe when you get in real the world you'll see how it works.

Yet when Mattrick left it was a huge deal, when the chick from 343 went to ND it was a massive deal here. I didn't see you defending MS then like you always defend Sony.

I'm not defending anyone. I just point out stupidity when I see it. But I'm always amused how you rush to MS' defense even when no one is talking about MS and then play the I'm not an MS fan boy card. Should come out of that closet and announce your love for all things MS mems. You fool no one.

Avatar image for killatwill15
#35 Posted by killatwill15 (855 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

Oh that guy who made PlayStation All Stars. Such a loss! *eye roll*

Seriously though, this is thread worthy?

@clyde46 said:

Didn't Amy write UC3? You know, the shit one.

Yup, seems they're sticking with the guy who did UC2 and TLoU. People like to spin that as a negative somehow.

yeah the dialog exchange in uncharted 3 was awful,

like why would sully let a kid sass talk him when he could just beat the shit out of that kid.

it was too long and arduous,

bordering on Saturday morning cartoon writing from a Friday night hangover.

if she was responsible im glad she left to another company,

its when hack writers continue to pump out shit like a taco bell toilet that really irks me.

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Seth Killian works on fighting games and as far as I know, Sony doesn't and most likely won't be making fighting games in the near future.

exactamundo,

the world already has enough shitty fighting games (killer instinct x1, injustice, street fighter x tekken psabr) why would sony let him make another one

Avatar image for mems_1224
#36 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Shocking that anyone ever would switch jobs....unprecedented I tell you.

It's not that people are leaving to switch jobs that's suspicious. It's that all these people are leaving within the same time period of a month or less. Usually once person will leave one month and then another 2-3 months later. Then maybe another a couple months after that. With Sony there's been about 8008 either laid off, force to retire or left to pursue other companies.

In reality a big company has people leaving a lot more frequently than that....either by choice....or being removed. Maybe when you get in real the world you'll see how it works.

Yet when Mattrick left it was a huge deal, when the chick from 343 went to ND it was a massive deal here. I didn't see you defending MS then like you always defend Sony.

I'm not defending anyone. I just point out stupidity when I see it. But I'm always amused how you rush to MS' defense even when no one is talking about MS and then play the I'm not an MS fan boy card. Should come out of that closet and announce your love for all things MS mems. You fool no one.

When have I rushed to MS's defense? Making fun of Sony and cows=/=defending MS

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#37 Posted by LJS9502_basic (161968 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Shocking that anyone ever would switch jobs....unprecedented I tell you.

It's not that people are leaving to switch jobs that's suspicious. It's that all these people are leaving within the same time period of a month or less. Usually once person will leave one month and then another 2-3 months later. Then maybe another a couple months after that. With Sony there's been about 8008 either laid off, force to retire or left to pursue other companies.

In reality a big company has people leaving a lot more frequently than that....either by choice....or being removed. Maybe when you get in real the world you'll see how it works.

Yet when Mattrick left it was a huge deal, when the chick from 343 went to ND it was a massive deal here. I didn't see you defending MS then like you always defend Sony.

I'm not defending anyone. I just point out stupidity when I see it. But I'm always amused how you rush to MS' defense even when no one is talking about MS and then play the I'm not an MS fan boy card. Should come out of that closet and announce your love for all things MS mems. You fool no one.

When have I rushed to MS's defense? Making fun of Sony and cows=/=defending MS

Just about all your posts in SW are biased. Including you jumping on me for saying people quit jobs. I said nothing about anyone quitting at MS. People quit there as well you know. I don't get all hysterical when someone quits. They don't pay my bills.

Avatar image for mems_1224
#38 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Shocking that anyone ever would switch jobs....unprecedented I tell you.

It's not that people are leaving to switch jobs that's suspicious. It's that all these people are leaving within the same time period of a month or less. Usually once person will leave one month and then another 2-3 months later. Then maybe another a couple months after that. With Sony there's been about 8008 either laid off, force to retire or left to pursue other companies.

In reality a big company has people leaving a lot more frequently than that....either by choice....or being removed. Maybe when you get in real the world you'll see how it works.

Yet when Mattrick left it was a huge deal, when the chick from 343 went to ND it was a massive deal here. I didn't see you defending MS then like you always defend Sony.

I'm not defending anyone. I just point out stupidity when I see it. But I'm always amused how you rush to MS' defense even when no one is talking about MS and then play the I'm not an MS fan boy card. Should come out of that closet and announce your love for all things MS mems. You fool no one.

When have I rushed to MS's defense? Making fun of Sony and cows=/=defending MS

Just about all your posts in SW are biased. Including you jumping on me for saying people quit jobs. I said nothing about anyone quitting at MS. People quit there as well you know. I don't get all hysterical when someone quits. They don't pay my bills.

How are my posts biased?

Avatar image for silversix_
#39 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

People leaving Sony while everyone already left MS.

Avatar image for Sagemode87
#40 Posted by Sagemode87 (1284 posts) -

@mems_1224: How are you biased? , lmao. Anyone seeing your posting history knows not to take you seriously. You're a joke on these boards.

Avatar image for glimpus
#41 Posted by glimpus (2306 posts) -

Sony needs money. MOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEEEEYYYYYY. Selling consoles doesnt make much.

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#42 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Haven't multiple executives left MS?

lems, ignoring reality since 2001

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#43 Edited by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Shocking that anyone ever would switch jobs....unprecedented I tell you.

It's not that people are leaving to switch jobs that's suspicious. It's that all these people are leaving within the same time period of a month or less. Usually once person will leave one month and then another 2-3 months later. Then maybe another a couple months after that. With Sony there's been about 8008 either laid off, force to retire or left to pursue other companies.

In reality a big company has people leaving a lot more frequently than that....either by choice....or being removed. Maybe when you get in real the world you'll see how it works.

Yet when Mattrick left it was a huge deal, when the chick from 343 went to ND it was a massive deal here. I didn't see you defending MS then like you always defend Sony.

I'm not defending anyone. I just point out stupidity when I see it. But I'm always amused how you rush to MS' defense even when no one is talking about MS and then play the I'm not an MS fan boy card. Should come out of that closet and announce your love for all things MS mems. You fool no one.

When have I rushed to MS's defense? Making fun of Sony and cows=/=defending MS

Just about all your posts in SW are biased. Including you jumping on me for saying people quit jobs. I said nothing about anyone quitting at MS. People quit there as well you know. I don't get all hysterical when someone quits. They don't pay my bills.

How are my posts biased?

still trying to sell the "i'm not a dumb lem fanboy"? hahahahha

not going to happen

Avatar image for glimpus
#44 Edited by glimpus (2306 posts) -

PS4 is selling a lot, but Sony has no money.

Xbox isn't selling as well, but MS has lots of money.

Nintendo's 3DS has sold very well, but the Wii-U hasn't and Nintendo has 8 billion in the bank.

Tell me which company is in trouble?

Avatar image for BigBadBully
#45 Posted by BigBadBully (1553 posts) -

Not really a Sony Problem just the current trend in gaming. The movement to more smaller independent jobs is the way to go. More control and job security. Most games released on current gen systems are ususally followed by job cuts 2 weeks later.

Avatar image for clr84651
#46 Posted by clr84651 (5634 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Haven't multiple executives left MS?

Yes, they leave both companies. EA has one of Xbox's biggest ever.

Avatar image for clr84651
#47 Edited by clr84651 (5634 posts) -

@glimpus said:

PS4 is selling a lot, but Sony has no money.

Xbox isn't selling as well, but MS has lots of money.

Nintendo's 3DS has sold very well, but the Wii-U hasn't and Nintendo has 8 billion in the bank.

Tell me which company is in trouble?

People leaving companies to work elsewhere isn't a sign of what you're talking about. It's been happening in all 3 about the same.

Avatar image for wis3boi
#48 Edited by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

So, one person leaving a company is a sign of doom? Don't be silly.

Avatar image for tyloss
#49 Posted by tyloss (846 posts) -

Lol TC is an idiot, gets owned and pulls out the 'victim' card.

Classic.

Avatar image for blackace
#50 Edited by blackace (23576 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Shocking that anyone ever would switch jobs....unprecedented I tell you.

It's not that people are leaving to switch jobs that's suspicious. It's that all these people are leaving within the same time period of a month or less. Usually once person will leave one month and then another 2-3 months later. Then maybe another a couple months after that. With Sony there's been about 8008 either laid off, force to retire or left to pursue other companies.

In reality a big company has people leaving a lot more frequently than that....either by choice....or being removed. Maybe when you get in real the world you'll see how it works.

I work for a Top 5 technology company. lol!! I have since 1995. So yes, I'm in the REAL world as you put it. Sorry, but 8000+ people don't leave from big companies like this unless there's a problem or another company is buying them. lol!! That's the real world.

****************************************************************************************************************

@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Shocking that anyone ever would switch jobs....unprecedented I tell you.

It's not that people are leaving to switch jobs that's suspicious. It's that all these people are leaving within the same time period of a month or less. Usually once person will leave one month and then another 2-3 months later. Then maybe another a couple months after that. With Sony there's been about 8008 either laid off, force to retire or left to pursue other companies.

In reality a big company has people leaving a lot more frequently than that....either by choice....or being removed. Maybe when you get in real the world you'll see how it works.

Yet when Mattrick left it was a huge deal, when the chick from 343 went to ND it was a massive deal here. I didn't see you defending MS then like you always defend Sony.

Well, there an easy answer for that. He's a biased troll. lol!! Mattrick leaving was a big deal because no one knew. Same with Jack Tretton at Sony. It just came out of the blue. The girl leaving 343 wasn't a big deal. Neither was Ballmer leaving, because he was suppose to have left a long time ago. He was just waiting for someone to take his place really. The 8000+ employees laid off at Sony was a little shocking however. Yeah, we knew they were restructuring, but wow.