• 114 results
Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Poll PC players have higher standards? (120 votes)

Absolutely. It's called The Master Race® for a reason 64%
No 28%
Too busy watching The Order: 1885, I'll get to this in 5 hours 8%

My friends (sorry, this cup is inspired) now that CoD: AW is free to play for the weekend on Steam, I've noticed the game is completely dead.

A yearly franchise in which little to no effort is placed, now you can jump higher so it's revolutionary, but that hasn't helped the PC numbers, probably the lack of dedicated servers has something to do, or perhaps PC players don't bend over so hard to the DLC milkage and mediocrity.

Meanwhile CoD: AW remains on the top selling spots of console games each month, and since there's little dedicated servers can do for analog sticks and auto-aim, console gamers seem generally content with the game.

You can see this as well with one of the major titles from last year, multiple GOTY winner Dragon Age: Inquisition, the user scores for the overrated wannabe-MMO differ greatly on MC.

And the opposite case with underappreciated games like Alien: Isolation, not so drastic, but it's there.

So, can we conclude that PC players just have higher standards and are able to see through BS.

Why are console gamers pleased so easily?

Perhaps it is up to the master race to drive the industry forward to a new generation of gameplay.

What do you think?

• 
PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

@--intellectual- said:

@PsychoLemons said:

@truegamer021 said:

@PsychoLemons said:

@truegamer021 said:

@PsychoLemons said:

Doesn't make them better people.

PC gamers are obviously better and more skilled. console gamers are bunch of pre teen kids and girls who play JRPGs.

now go back to barbie games cutie pie.

Oh no, not you again.

/dull surprise

Did u missed me?

In a cosmic sort of way, yes.

so you like me right? right animu cutie pie? i love everyone with animu avatar.

but the reality is PC games are hardcore. console games are girly and childish. PC audience are real gamers while console audience are little kids and girls. where did u fall in? earlier or later?

That is for your own interpretation.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

There is a large portion of pc gamers with the lowest of standards. People can debate console vs pc all day but when people claim "well I can play almost all console games in existence on my pc through emulation" I just can't help but cringe.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say Nintendo did go 3rd party and decided to release ALL their NES/SNES/N64 stuff on Steam. PC gamers I do not think would buy this stuff as they likely already have the roms. That is low.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@melonfarmerz: Actually yes I played LoL and had the pleasure of dealing with one of the worst communities in gaming.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@roler42 said:

@tormentos: You say it like it's a bad thing... Then again, console gamers treat their games like they are paper towels...

Anyway... I wouldn't say it's too much about higher standarrds since F2P and early access has been such a success with the deluge of garbage that has polluted the steam store lately

It's more because as PC gamers we have way more games to play, everyone is too busy playing their backlogs to even bother sticking with one game

Come on man paying $2k for a system to play DOTA 2 is a joke....

Having more games isn't a problem is not like my Ps2 stopped working because my PS3 and my PS4 exist.

@MBirdy88 said:

is there a point there?

If you were smart enough you would have caught it..

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#106 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

If anything PC gamers have lower standards.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Do hermits have higher standards??

Considering the only area consoles win is on price on the initial hardware I would have to say yes. If fact if your satisfied with a substandard gaming experience there would be no reason to become a hermit.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Since buying a pc my standards have gotten much higher. It's obvious when a game does things right on pc. Menu's are set up with every option thinkable, everything should be customizable (controls), it should Alt tab etc... And it's glaringly obvious when a tittle doesn't do these things properly. There are so many pc games that do all of these things right and more, so there is zero excuse now a days when a game like FF 13 and 13-2 release on pc in such a shitty state. Perfect examples of how to do it right can be found even 10 years ago, so if it's released like both those Final fantasies it isn't worth my money as they didn't even think my money worth them making a proper pc port instead of functioning shell of the ps3 game.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@tormentos: $2k (LMAO couldn't keep a straight face) to play DOTA is a joke? how? A game is a game, unless you're one of those who thinks it's better to blow $400 and $60 to play the Order on the PS4 since that's one of the biggest releases right now

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@tormentos said:

@roler42 said:

@tormentos: You say it like it's a bad thing... Then again, console gamers treat their games like they are paper towels...

Anyway... I wouldn't say it's too much about higher standarrds since F2P and early access has been such a success with the deluge of garbage that has polluted the steam store lately

It's more because as PC gamers we have way more games to play, everyone is too busy playing their backlogs to even bother sticking with one game

Come on man paying $2k for a system to play DOTA 2 is a joke....

Having more games isn't a problem is not like my Ps2 stopped working because my PS3 and my PS4 exist.

@MBirdy88 said:

is there a point there?

If you were smart enough you would have caught it..

Ah that you are a troll who doesn't own any of the next gen systems that will defend Sony to the grave? The games on that list are better than anything on the PS4 at the moment. fool.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

Ah that you are a troll who doesn't own any of the next gen systems that will defend Sony to the grave? The games on that list are better than anything on the PS4 at the moment. fool.

I own a PS4 buffoon and a PC with an R270,the only system i don't own is the XBO because i see no use for it now,unlike you who like Kinect and cable box i don't like that crap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
@tormentos said:

@MBirdy88 said:

I own a PS4 buffoon and a PC with an R270,the only system i don't own is the XBO because i see no use for it now,unlike you who like Kinect and cable box i don't like that crap.

Kinda funny when you cry about kinect yet its games score higher than PS4 exclusives!

Oh, and prove it. You missed it, or went off elsewhere last time:

Your turn tomato.....

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

That explain it TC ty!!

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#115 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Yes, they believe in that PC Master Race crap after all.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#116  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@Heirren said:

There is a large portion of pc gamers with the lowest of standards. People can debate console vs pc all day but when people claim "well I can play almost all console games in existence on my pc through emulation" I just can't help but cringe.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say Nintendo did go 3rd party and decided to release ALL their NES/SNES/N64 stuff on Steam. PC gamers I do not think would buy this stuff as they likely already have the roms. That is low.

Emulate =/= not buying the game... In some countries it is legal to emulate games as long as you have bought the original, and that is what I do.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117  Edited By DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

I can confirm that the MP in Advanced Warfare is kind of empty on PC