PC Owners Is Killzone 2 the closest console game that atleast comes close crysis

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"][QUOTE="urdead18"]Although you do need a $6000 computer to play it properly...

teh_VU

:roll:

I still have to eye roll whenever people say that, according to that figure I shouldn't be playing it on high.

I know what you're saying. Most console owners criticize PC's for the cost. But if you honestly think about it you can probably build a pretty good PC for $600-800 that will run Crysis on medium. Plus its not like the only thing a PC can do is gaming...

wrong I can build a gaming for about 800$ and play it at high-very high. Really its not that hard to find this kind of PC. I bet I could find a pre-built for a very good price that can play it at high-very-high.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Hell no. KZ2 does not offer half the scope Crysis does in terms of visuals.
IshmaelSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 IshmaelSonata
Member since 2008 • 979 Posts
lol the tc gets owned
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

check out the nice animation:)

starfxxxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 starfxxxer
Member since 2004 • 3295 Posts

check out the nice animation:)

killzowned24

niiiice ...KZ2 is looking good so far :D

except for the textures which suck on consoles compared to PC anyway :P

DAZZER7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 DAZZER7
Member since 2004 • 2422 Posts

crysis's level design is unimpressive it's very simplistic.

This game is a game that uses HDR to look good....without hdr this game is atrocious i mean nasty looking.

when you get some HDR/sun shinning on stuff making the stuff glow/look bright it looks badass then.

but crysis is basically all lighting.

the texture work is crap seriously.

flopzone2_429

..and I suppose Doom 3 has the best multiplayer?

Woobabooba?

FatChuwawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 FatChuwawa
Member since 2007 • 736 Posts

:lol:

thanks for the laugh fanboy

PC graphics king:

console graphics king:

-Mad_Rhetoric-

there are better images of crysis. hard to compare the games though, totally different environments. although crysis on very high with dx10 will always be better

starfxxxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 starfxxxer
Member since 2004 • 3295 Posts
[QUOTE="flopzone2_429"]

This game is a game that uses HDR to look good....without hdr this game is atrocious i mean nasty looking.

when you get some HDR/sun shinning on stuff making the stuff glow/look bright it looks badass then.

DAZZER7

Woobabooba?

stop replying to that "flopzone2_429" guy ...he must have played Crysis on a 256MB video card lol
DAZZER7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#109 DAZZER7
Member since 2004 • 2422 Posts
[QUOTE="DAZZER7"][QUOTE="flopzone2_429"]

starfxxxer

Woobabooba?

stop replying to that "flopzone2_429" guy ...he must have played Crysis on a 256MB video card lol

I'm just pointing out he is a fakeboy, haven't you read any of the Doom 3 threads he started? He starts going on about strafe-jumping in multiplayer and how you can't do it in Crysis, his claims get gradually more rediculous and he gets everyone stirred up and he does it on purpose lol. He must be dreadfully lonely:lol:

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 JangoWuzHere
killzone 2 has pretty bad textures compared to crysis or any other game.
C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts
killzone 2 has pretty bad textures compared to crysis or any other game.JangoWuzHere
very fanboyish statement
pianoman6954

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 pianoman6954
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Off the shelf, oh hell no. You will likely never find something with even just dedicated graphics let alone something with good enough dedicated graphics to run Crysis perfectly for under 1000 dollars that is simply a fact. On the other hand though considering my current rig configuration, you can build a rig that basically makes fun of Crysis for under 1,500...

Core i7 920

6GB of DDR3 PC10666 OCZ Gold

EVGA X58 Mobo

Dual GTX 9800s in SLI

Thermaltake PurePower 700 Watt PSU

Ultra M923 Black Full ATX Case

All of that was just shy of 1500 dollars including 2 day shipping.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]:console graphics king:

princeofshapeir

BLACK ZOMBIES?!?!?! OMG RACIST!

Reported for racism :P
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 JangoWuzHere
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]killzone 2 has pretty bad textures compared to crysis or any other game.C_BozkurT_C
very fanboyish statement

Prove me wrong then. I can provide great Crysis pics that are ingame. No bullshots.
Avatar image for JosamaBinEating
JosamaBinEating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 JosamaBinEating
Member since 2008 • 248 Posts
 ^That is a good example of CryEngine 2.0 being used for urban environments.^ Petrograd Mod
vvok7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 vvok7
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
why are we comparing the graphics of console games to crysis ? console graphics are clearly superior. go check gamespot's awards.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
why are we comparing the graphics of console games to crysis ? console graphics are clearly superior. go check gamespot's awards.vvok7
Omg, it's the legendary wok7. He must be right, because PC can't do HD.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#118 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Killzone2, MGS4, Kameo, Uncharted and Gears 2 are best looking console games imo, but none are even close to crysis level of graphics imo.
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts

I know crysis still looks way better than Killzone 2 but im just asking out of all the console games that have been claimed to be "graphics kings" and "Rivals crysis" Is Killzone 2 the closest a console game has come so far to atleast be able to kind of come close to Crysis?! again im not saying it looks better than Crysis becasue it doesnt, but if you had to choose just one console game that you would respectfully put beside crysis and compare, would Killzone 2 be it because i cant think of any other console game that looks this goodKillzownz83

No, that would be either Fable 2, Alan Wake or Two Worlds Temptation

Killzone 2 does not have anything close to the detail and scale of these games, so it does not even remotly look like Crysis

Killzone 2 is the last console game that i would pick as coming close to Crysis, it is one of the smallest ones in level size, and with rather empty environments

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#120 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="Killzownz83"]I know crysis still looks way better than Killzone 2 but im just asking out of all the console games that have been claimed to be "graphics kings" and "Rivals crysis" Is Killzone 2 the closest a console game has come so far to atleast be able to kind of come close to Crysis?! again im not saying it looks better than Crysis becasue it doesnt, but if you had to choose just one console game that you would respectfully put beside crysis and compare, would Killzone 2 be it because i cant think of any other console game that looks this goodobamanian

Killzone 2 does not have anything close to the detail and scale of these games, so it does not even remotly look like Crysis

Killzone 2 is the last console game that i would pick as coming close to Crysis, it is one of the smallest ones in level size, and with rather empty environments

you complain at killzone for having empty envioments but you praise fable 2 :?
Faber_Fighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Faber_Fighter
Member since 2006 • 1890 Posts
There's 1 thing people fail to see that Crysis has and Killzone 2 doesn't. And that's much more massive/ larger maps. Killzone 2 is more of a corridor shooter (not saying it is) whilst Crysis isn't. Yes i know Crysis is still fairly linear though.

Also Crysis gets a lot of praise because not many games have mastered the whole dense forest look, with so many moving branches and shrubs, and the lighting shining through all at the same time.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 DragonfireXZ95
There's 1 thing people fail to see that Crysis has and Killzone 2 doesn't. And that's much more massive/ larger maps. Killzone 2 is more of a corridor shooter (not saying it is) whilst Crysis isn't. Yes i know Crysis is still fairly linear though.

Also Crysis gets a lot of praise because not many games have mastered the whole dense forest look, with so many moving branches and shrubs, and the lighting shining through all at the same time.
Faber_Fighter
Crysis is fairly linear? I've only played a handful of other FPS's that are less linear than Crysis. True the objectives are linear, but you can play in a very non-linear way.
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#123 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
[QUOTE="Faber_Fighter"]There's 1 thing people fail to see that Crysis has and Killzone 2 doesn't. And that's much more massive/ larger maps. Killzone 2 is more of a corridor shooter (not saying it is) whilst Crysis isn't. Yes i know Crysis is still fairly linear though.

DragonfireXZ95
Crysis is fairly linear? I've only played a handful of other FPS's that are less linear than Crysis. True the objectives are linear, but you can play in a very non-linear way.

Haven't played the full game, but from the demo I infer that it's basically a "respond to a situation however you like, as the game throws them at you" type non-linear game, not a "pick something and it'll affect the rest of your game for good" Deus-Ex type game.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="Faber_Fighter"]There's 1 thing people fail to see that Crysis has and Killzone 2 doesn't. And that's much more massive/ larger maps. Killzone 2 is more of a corridor shooter (not saying it is) whilst Crysis isn't. Yes i know Crysis is still fairly linear though.

aliblabla2007

Haven't played the full game, but from the demo I infer that it's basically a "respond to a situation however you like, as the game throws them at you" type non-linear game, not a "pick something and it'll affect the rest of your game for good" Deus-Ex type game.

Yes, I meant the gameplay, not the actual story. it's not an RPG. But yeah, that's basically the jist of it.

It's more short term non-linear play, than long term RPG type playing. The FPS's I was referring to that are less linear were games like Deus Ex and Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines and Fallout 3 which are more FPS/RPG's. Far Cry 2 is really the only other standard FPS that is less linear than Crysis I believe(although I could be wrong), too bad it fails in the actual gameplay though.

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 obamanian
[QUOTE="obamanian"]

[QUOTE="Killzownz83"]I know crysis still looks way better than Killzone 2 but im just asking out of all the console games that have been claimed to be "graphics kings" and "Rivals crysis" Is Killzone 2 the closest a console game has come so far to atleast be able to kind of come close to Crysis?! again im not saying it looks better than Crysis becasue it doesnt, but if you had to choose just one console game that you would respectfully put beside crysis and compare, would Killzone 2 be it because i cant think of any other console game that looks this goodtoast_burner

The filled to the max world with grass, trees, forests in Fable 2 seem like ... emptyness to you ? All casting real time shadows even in light volumes too

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 obamanian

Faber_Fighter

As you can see, i am not of those people, that would ever dare compare the huge in scale and filled with detail jungles of Crysis, with the empty tiny levels of KZ2

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="obamanian"]

obamanian

The filled to the max world with grass, trees, forests in Fable 2 seem like ... emptyness to you ? All casting real time shadows even in light volumes too

When I was playing just a few hours ago, the shadows seemed to stay in one place the whole time. Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention though. The graphics are actually pretty crappy in the game, I was expecting better.
Faber_Fighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Faber_Fighter
Member since 2006 • 1890 Posts

[QUOTE="aliblabla2007"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] Crysis is fairly linear? I've only played a handful of other FPS's that are less linear than Crysis. True the objectives are linear, but you can play in a very non-linear way.DragonfireXZ95

Yes, I meant the gameplay, not the actual story. it's not an RPG. But yeah, that's basically the jist of it.

It's more short term non-linear play, than long term RPG type playing. The FPS's I was referring to that are less linear were games like Deus Ex and Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines and Fallout 3 which are more FPS/RPG's. Far Cry 2 is really the only other standard FPS that is less linear than Crysis I believe. Although I could be wrong.

The demo pretty much shows the only non linear game play part of it. After you pass the jungle area which is around half the game from memory it becomes just a normal FPS with simple "go there, press 1 button to access computer, go next area, ect.." type missions. Though i'm probably exaggerating it a little bit :P If you actually pay attention when you are in the jungle areas though, you more or less follow 1 single road, then maybe have a decision between 2 small jungle paths which lead to the same area. All that kind of stuff. Just compared to RPGs and shooters like Far Cry 2 it's hard to say it isn't linear in one way or another :P
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#129 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

When I was playing just a few hours ago, the shadows seemed to stay in one place the whole time. Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention though. The graphics are actually pretty crappy in the game, I was expecting better.DragonfireXZ95

Is the game really that bloomy? It could be the artstyle, but whenever I see a game that throws white light all over the place, it makes me get the idea that the developers want to cover up graphical mistakes by making the game look like a Christmas tree.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Ok, now i know how console guys feel when hermits post the same Crysis images over and over again. I'm tired of seeing these ****-UGLY off-screen Fable 2 images!
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#131 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

obamanian

the levels on fable 2 are tiny and you have to follow a path. yes there are lots of trees but most of these trees are just used as walls to keep you from leaving the path

the lighting is good but not on the level of killzone 2 or even halo 3

please just give up

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="aliblabla2007"] Haven't played the full game, but from the demo I infer that it's basically a "respond to a situation however you like, as the game throws them at you" type non-linear game, not a "pick something and it'll affect the rest of your game for good" Deus-Ex type game.Faber_Fighter

It's more short term non-linear play, than long term RPG type playing. The FPS's I was referring to that are less linear were games like Deus Ex and Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines and Fallout 3 which are more FPS/RPG's. Far Cry 2 is really the only other standard FPS that is less linear than Crysis I believe. Although I could be wrong.

The demo pretty much shows the only non linear game play part of it. After you pass the jungle area which is around half the game from memory it becomes just a normal FPS with simple "go there, press 1 button to access computer, go next area, ect.." type missions. Though i'm probably exaggerating it a little bit :P If you actually pay attention when you are in the jungle areas though, you more or less follow 1 single road, then maybe have a decision between 2 small jungle paths which lead to the same area. All that kind of stuff. Just compared to RPGs and shooters like Far Cry 2 it's hard to say it isn't linear in one way or another :P

Misread so making an edit. :P

I just said though, the missions ARE linear, there are a couple times in the game where you can choose which mission to do first, but that's about it.. How you choose to get there and how you do it though, is up to you. Jump in a boat and go around the bad guys and sneak up from behind. Hop in a jeep and drive into the front guns blazing. Sneak up in the bushes and snipe your opposition. Sneak in with your camo suit, then go guns blazing, and switch between the 2. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.

This is the only game I know of where you can jump onto a hut wherein enemies reside, punch in the roof, killing any enemies inside. Drop down into the building and use it as cover taking out a couple bad guys. Use speed mode to run out into the brush outside the camp, and take out the rest of the enemies with stealth. See, this is just simply amazing. :)

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 DragonfireXZ95
Ok, now i know how console guys feel when hermits post the same Crysis images over and over again. I'm tired of seeing these ****-UGLY off-screen Fable 2 images!AAllxxjjnn
Yeah, but at least Crysis looks good. lol
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
[QUOTE="urdead18"]

Killzone 2 is the best - looking console game, according to like what? 8 previews now?

I think it rivals Crysis, but yeah, Crysis still wins. Although you do need a $6000 computer to play it properly...

It needs 400 USD PC box built around Radeon HD 4670 (sub-100 USD) or Geforce 9800GT.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]

:lol:

thanks for the laugh fanboy

PC graphics king:

console graphics king:

FatChuwawa

there are better images of crysis. hard to compare the games though, totally different environments. although crysis on very high with dx10 will always be better

If you face the near the sun.

What CryTech2 engine can do via Crysis mods.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1657366&postcount=1130

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1657367&postcount=1131

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1657395&postcount=1133

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1658761&postcount=1150

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1672791&postcount=1233

Xiile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Xiile
Member since 2006 • 90 Posts
If Killzone 2 lost the overblown amounts of motion blur and the awkward head bobbing motions for every miniscule thing, I would argue the graphics and animation look just as realistic as most modern console FPS games.
Avatar image for JosamaBinEating
JosamaBinEating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 JosamaBinEating
Member since 2008 • 248 Posts
 More urban environments from the Petrograd mod.