PC Owners Is Killzone 2 the closest console game that atleast comes close crysis

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts
[QUOTE="-Ninja_Dog-"]

This owns Crysis.Ren_eko

Yep , CGI does own Crysis , was there ever any doubt?

Crysis has better character models. You can actually see pores on peoples faces in Crysis. Was I the only one who thought that trailer wasn't as good looking as people made out?

-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 -Mad_Rhetoric-
Member since 2008 • 1765 Posts

This owns Crysis.

-Ninja_Dog-

qft

if only those fools knew

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Leejjohno

[QUOTE="flopzone2_429"]lol notice all the shots people take of crysis is on the lighting....with the sun lighting stuff up/hdr it looks pretty cool.....but when you look away from sun everything looks nastyagentfred

Yeah, when there is no sun, it looks like trash.

That was one of the best bits of the game for me, but most people had a problem with it being a bit linear after that part. Personally, I reckon that this game get's overlooked as one of the best games of all time.

flopzone2_429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 flopzone2_429
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts
[QUOTE="flopzone2_429"]

LOL

Crysis graphic's actually do suck for the most part.....the actual character models in killzone2's beggining of the game looks better than crysis.

crysis has crappy texture work....besides a few good looking textures.

Leejjohno

No, Crysis not only looks better than all other games, it does so on a far bigger scale with a lot of other things going on as well.

crysis's levels arent very large.

flopzone2_429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 flopzone2_429
[QUOTE="Ren_eko"][QUOTE="-Ninja_Dog-"]

This owns Crysis.Leejjohno

Yep , CGI does own Crysis , was there ever any doubt?

Crysis has better character models. You can actually see pores on peoples faces in Crysis. Was I the only one who thought that trailer wasn't as good looking as people made out?

lol you can see the pores in peoples faces on quake 4 nothing new.

the face's on crysis look plastic/fake

Ren_eko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Ren_eko
Member since 2008 • 764 Posts
[QUOTE="agentfred"]

[QUOTE="flopzone2_429"]lol notice all the shots people take of crysis is on the lighting....with the sun lighting stuff up/hdr it looks pretty cool.....but when you look away from sun everything looks nastyLeejjohno

Yeah, when there is no sun, it looks like trash.

That was one of the best bits of the game for me, but most people had a problem with it being a bit linear after that part. Personally, I reckon that this game get's overlooked as one of the best games of all time.

Best of all time is a huuuuuuuuuge stretch , the gameplay is not that great , the first time you play the game it mostly falls to using cloak , aiming at the targets , activate armor , fire then hide and activate cloak , there are a few parts with fun vehicles and the last 3rd of the game is fighting aliens which is always nice :/ , its a good game but not best of all time..
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Leejjohno
[QUOTE="Leejjohno"][QUOTE="Ren_eko"] Yep , CGI does own Crysis , was there ever any doubt?

flopzone2_429

That simply isn't true. There isn't much else I can say, besides asking you if you have actually played Crysis.

flopzone2_429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 flopzone2_429
[QUOTE="flopzone2_429"][QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

Leejjohno

That simply isn't true. There isn't much else I can say, besides asking you if you have actually played Crysis.

umm? Yes you can see pits/dimples/pores in the peoples faces on quake 4.

quake 4 actually does have some nice models for how old it is.

crysis looks alittle better....but the faces still look fake as crap they dont look natural.

Ren_eko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Ren_eko
[QUOTE="flopzone2_429"][QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

Leejjohno

Actually i agree with him on this one , the faces do have a plastic feel to them.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Leejjohno
[QUOTE="Leejjohno"][QUOTE="agentfred"] Yeah, when there is no sun, it looks like trash.

Ren_eko

Best of all time is a huuuuuuuuuge stretch , the gameplay is not that great , the first time you play the game it mostly falls to using cloak , aiming at the targets , activate armor , fire then hide and activate cloak , there are a few parts with fun vehicles and the last 3rd of the game is fighting aliens which is always nice :/ , its a good game but not best of all time..

I dunno, I mean it's something about the game I just really appreciate. I have completed it about 3 times now, 2 times on it's hardest difficulty and my only gripes are with gun sound effects, AI when you use a silent weapon and people on mounted machine guns being able to see you through thick forest.

If the weapons (in particular the pistol and SCAR) sounded better I would have enjoyed it more. I also dislike the "hit" noise the game makes when you shoot somebody that was added after a patch. That's good for playing online games but it just sounds stupid otherwise.

For me the game was large and allowed for me to play how I wanted, games like Gears really don't do that very well.

Dick_Derringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Dick_Derringer
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts
LOL 720p.
flopzone2_429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 flopzone2_429

lol no games impresses me these days.

graphics, muchless gameplay.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#63 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I don't think "close" is the right adjective to describe it compared to Crysis. It is still a console game at heart and when you look at it without those pink-goggles, you can see how it still is a console game. Crysis is a whole step above the current generation consoles in terms of graphics. It uses new rendering technology that they are incapable of. The level of detail in Killzone 2 is good but it is nowhere near that of Crysis. And the textures still suffer from PS3'itis.
stayhigh1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 stayhigh1
Member since 2008 • 724 Posts
Killzone 2 is just look insanely awesome and probably just as good as crysis and i cant wait to get the game..I am just looking at the video and looks hella fun to play..
flopzone2_429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 flopzone2_429

Always bet on duke kiddie's.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
[QUOTE="flopzone2_429"]

LOL

Crysis graphic's actually do suck for the most part.....the actual character models in killzone2's beggining of the game looks better than crysis.

Jamiemydearx3

:lol: Killzone 2 has PS2 textures, you just dont notice them because the game is 70% blur.

Crysis destroys any console game.

funny 1up says the textures are better then gears2:)
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts
Looks like Quake 4 with better textures, HDR and motion blur.
-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 -Mad_Rhetoric-
[QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"][QUOTE="flopzone2_429"]

LOL

killzowned24

:lol: Killzone 2 has PS2 textures, you just dont notice them because the game is 70% blur.

your kidding right?

KIllzones has massive motion blur to cover up its low res textures, heres a touched up screen posted3 days ago

McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 McdonaIdsGuy
Member since 2008 • 3046 Posts
[QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"][QUOTE="flopzone2_429"]

LOL

killzowned24

Funny you made that up the preview doesn't say anything about that lol
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

crysis's level design is unimpressive it's very simplistic.

This game is a game that uses HDR to look good....without hdr this game is atrocious i mean nasty looking.

when you get some HDR/sun shinning on stuff making the stuff glow/look bright it looks badass then.

but crysis is basically all lighting.

the texture work is crap seriously.

flopzone2_429
It sounds like Woobabooba. Btw, Doom 3 sucks.
TheDefinitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 TheDefinitive
Member since 2008 • 386 Posts

crysis and killzone2 both have crappy texture work...but i think i seen better textures in killzone2.

i think the actual levels in killzone2 are alot more pretty to look at..

flopzone2_429

I have played both Crysis and Killzone 2, and this is the funniest comment I've read in days.

Kurrupt07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Kurrupt07
Member since 2006 • 554 Posts

I know crysis still looks way better than Killzone 2 but im just asking out of all the console games that have been claimed to be "graphics kings" and "Rivals crysis" Is Killzone 2 the closest a console game has come so far to atleast be able to kind of come close to Crysis?! again im not saying it looks better than Crysis becasue it doesnt, but if you had to choose just one console game that you would respectfully put beside crysis and compare, would Killzone 2 be it because i cant think of any other console game that looks this goodKillzownz83

I wouldn't choose any conosle game to compare:D

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 AdmiralBison
Member since 2008 • 3970 Posts
[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"][QUOTE="flopzone2_429"]

LOL

what does Gears have to do with this? This about comparrisons with Killzone 2 and Crysis. I think Cows are starting to overestimate Killzone2- Gamespot said this is arguabley the most impressive looking CONSOLE game, meaning it's the most impressive looking game because then it would have to top Crysis- If you actually had a decent running PC to run Crysis on such high settings you wouldn't make such a statement. Killszone 2's art direction is impressive, but naahhh Crysis as a game really has no pears for the heavy amount of details and textures. You run that game on a monster rig the are scenes that look almost photo realisic I swear especially in the bushes where you see the leave foliage.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"]:lol: Killzone 2 has PS2 textures, you just dont notice them because the game is 70% blur.

McdonaIdsGuy

Funny you made that up the preview doesn't say anything about that lol

it was said in the new podcast.

BudsMcGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 BudsMcGreen
Member since 2008 • 841 Posts

crysis and killzone2 both have crappy texture work...but i think i seen better textures in killzone2.

i think the actual levels in killzone2 are alot more pretty to look at..

flopzone2_429

Pics? Link?

No? GTFO

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
Killzone 2 is the only game on consoles that is able to challenge Crysis when it comes to graphics.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
Killzone 2 is the only game on consoles that is able to challenge Crysis when it comes to graphics. EVOLV3
Challenge? No.
-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 -Mad_Rhetoric-
Killzone 2 is the only game on consoles that is able to challenge Crysis when it comes to graphics. EVOLV3
KZ2 looks good but not in crysis's league
Ren_eko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ren_eko
[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]Killzone 2 is the only game on consoles that is able to challenge Crysis when it comes to graphics. DragonfireXZ95
Challenge? No.

Depends what you mean by challenge , at all highest settings HEEEEEEL NO , at all medium with shaders high in 1280x1080(how i run Crysis)Crysis does not look as good as KZ2 that is my most honest opinion.
Ren_eko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Ren_eko
[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]Killzone 2 is the only game on consoles that is able to challenge Crysis when it comes to graphics. McdonaIdsGuy
No kid stop with that crap,crysis is on its own level..you can't compare a linear shooter..to a game like crysis an OPEN WORLD shooter with lot of physics calculations,procedural effects,insade level of detail,destructability..insane character models etc..

Herm...OPEN WORLD.... i finished the game but must have missed that part where is it?
BudsMcGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 BudsMcGreen
Member since 2008 • 841 Posts

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]Killzone 2 is the only game on consoles that is able to challenge Crysis when it comes to graphics. -Mad_Rhetoric-
KZ2 looks good but not in crysis's league

I agree. KZ2 is comparable to say, Gears 2. But Crysis at max settings is comparable to reality.

4u70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 4u70
Member since 2008 • 247 Posts
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=45986&page=21 http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=45986&page=16 http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=45986&page=1 decide for yourself. Some screenys of the best that PC and console have to offer.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

[QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"][QUOTE="EVOLV3"]Killzone 2 is the only game on consoles that is able to challenge Crysis when it comes to graphics. Ren_eko
No kid stop with that crap,crysis is on its own level..you can't compare a linear shooter..to a game like crysis an OPEN WORLD shooter with lot of physics calculations,procedural effects,insade level of detail,destructability..insane character models etc..

Herm...OPEN WORLD.... i finished the game but must have missed that part where is it?

It's alot more open then KZ2.

Ren_eko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Ren_eko

[QUOTE="Ren_eko"][QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"] No kid stop with that crap,crysis is on its own level..you can't compare a linear shooter..to a game like crysis an OPEN WORLD shooter with lot of physics calculations,procedural effects,insade level of detail,destructability..insane character models etc..Bebi_vegeta

More open=/=Open World
voodoochild815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#86 voodoochild815
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts

I know crysis still looks way better than Killzone 2 but im just asking out of all the console games that have been claimed to be "graphics kings" and "Rivals crysis" Is Killzone 2 the closest a console game has come so far to atleast be able to kind of come close to Crysis?! again im not saying it looks better than Crysis becasue it doesnt, but if you had to choose just one console game that you would respectfully put beside crysis and compare, would Killzone 2 be it because i cant think of any other console game that looks this goodKillzownz83

I LOL'd, Consoles are so far behind pc's at this point that its just plain foolish for any of you console fanboys to compair any of your console games to any pc game to come out in the last 2-3 years.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts
[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Ren_eko"] Herm...OPEN WORLD.... i finished the game but must have missed that part where is it?Ren_eko

More open=/=Open World

Really, tell me why it isn't open world?

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts
Close to Crysis? I don't see them as comparable, the visual designs of the games are too different to be comparible. It is literally comparing night and day, Crysis is a bright jungle environment while Killzone 2 is dark urban.
urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

Killzone 2 is the best - looking console game, according to like what? 8 previews now?

I think it rivals Crysis, but yeah, Crysis still wins. Although you do need a $6000 computer to play it properly...

Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts
I'd say Farcry 2 was the closest thing to Crysis on a console....and even that doesn't come close.
starfxxxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 starfxxxer
Member since 2004 • 3295 Posts

:lol:

thanks for the laugh fanboy

PC graphics king:

*insert Crysis pic*

console graphics king:

-Mad_Rhetoric-

yeah Crysis owns in the graphics department, I've played it

but RE5? seriously dude, Capcom updated just the graphics and the story and pretty much all that = "RE5"? ...it's more like RE4.5 :|

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts
Although you do need a $6000 computer to play it properly...

urdead18

:roll:

I still have to eye roll whenever people say that, according to that figure I shouldn't be playing it on high.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#93 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts

Killzone 2 is the best - looking console game, according to like what? 8 previews now?

I think it rivals Crysis, but yeah, Crysis still wins. Although you do need a $6000 computer to play it properly...

urdead18
My comp is roughly worth $500 and it runs it fine.
teh_VU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 teh_VU
Member since 2008 • 754 Posts
[QUOTE="urdead18"]Although you do need a $6000 computer to play it properly...

AnnoyedDragon

:roll:

I still have to eye roll whenever people say that, according to that figure I shouldn't be playing it on high.

I know what you're saying. Most console owners criticize PC's for the cost. But if you honestly think about it you can probably build a pretty good PC for $600-800 that will run Crysis on medium. Plus its not like the only thing a PC can do is gaming...
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]:console graphics king:

princeofshapeir

BLACK ZOMBIES?!?!?! OMG RACIST!

hahah, its just random lol crysis is good for now.
Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Eyezonmii
Member since 2008 • 2145 Posts
[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]

PC graphics king:

*insert Crysis pic*

console graphics king:

starfxxxer

but RE5? seriously dude, Capcom updated just the graphics and the story and pretty much all that = "RE5"? ...it's more like RE4.5 :|

Have you played RE5? It isn't RE 4.5, it has enough differences and addition to it to make it a perfect sequel, gsus. BTW, your pretty much describing every sequal, why would capcom, after changing RE4 so much, do it again with RE5? knowing how good RE4 was? it isn't a new game....ffs.
Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Eyezonmii
Member since 2008 • 2145 Posts
[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"]:lol: Killzone 2 has PS2 textures, you just dont notice them because the game is 70% blur.

-Mad_Rhetoric-

your kidding right?

KIllzones has massive motion blur to cover up its low res textures, heres a touched up screen posted3 days ago

Nice, use a PR shot..with added AA for gears 2 and find the worse K2 shots....gsus.

Don't make me pull out bad gears 2 screens.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#98 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Killzone 2 looks nice, but nowhere near Crysis. Crysis is the graphics king and will be for some time.
starfxxxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 starfxxxer
[QUOTE="flopzone2_429"]

LOL

Leejjohno

No, Crysis not only looks better than all other games, it does so on a far bigger scale with a lot of other things going on as well.

Leejjohno, you've been replying to a fakeboy. Take a look at his username :roll:
starfxxxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 starfxxxer

[QUOTE="starfxxxer"][QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]

PC graphics king:

*insert Crysis pic*

console graphics king:

Eyezonmii

Have you played RE5? It isn't RE 4.5, it has enough differences and addition to it to make it a perfect sequel, gsus. BTW, your pretty much describing every sequal, why would capcom, after changing RE4 so much, do it again with RE5? knowing how good RE4 was? it isn't a new game....ffs.

I haven't played it but I've seen enough videos to get me convinced. Where are the "nextgen" bullet holes in the zombies when the bullets hit ...where's the dismemberment? where are the ragdoll physics? + the AI looks pretty much the same from RE4 :roll:

The sound that bullets make on impact is the same anywhere you shoot them. Take a look at the environment texture, don't tell me they're THAT good :|

anyway, I'll be waiting for the PC version :x