PC gaming is crushing consoles

This topic is locked from further discussion.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#251  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

Isn't thread worthy so I'll just post it here.

Forbes: "The Console War is Over, PC Already Won"

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#252 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@ermacness said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

PC gaming has NOT A SINGLE game I want. All the games I want to play are upcoming console exclusives.

If you're talking about pc multi plats, then yes they will look better on PC, but they will be more fun on consoles like they always were.

And every single person in a developed country has a PC, so the market value argument holds no weight because not everyone buys consoles. Thats like saying people in Russia have more winter coats than people along the equator....NO SHIT!

lolwat?

How the experience changes exactly?

1st of all, it's subjective. 2ndly, experiences can change mainly due to how you play the game. Controller or keyboard & mouse.

Never knew you were forced to use the keyboard\mouse on PC.

If you're using a controller on the PC, how can the "gameplay" experience be different than on consoles?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ermacness said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ermacness said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

PC gaming has NOT A SINGLE game I want. All the games I want to play are upcoming console exclusives.

If you're talking about pc multi plats, then yes they will look better on PC, but they will be more fun on consoles like they always were.

And every single person in a developed country has a PC, so the market value argument holds no weight because not everyone buys consoles. Thats like saying people in Russia have more winter coats than people along the equator....NO SHIT!

lolwat?

1st of all, it's subjective. 2ndly, experiences can change mainly due to how you play the game. Controller or keyboard & mouse.

If you're using a controller on the PC, how can the "gameplay" experience be different than on consoles?

When did I say that exactly?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 ermacness

@roler42 said:

@Cranler:

Hacking on PC:

• Download hack
  • Install hack
  • Run hack

Hacking on console:

• Download hack
  • Put hack on usb
  • Let hack run from usb

Man hacking on consoles is SOOOO complicated

It's less complicated than the PC to me. The console online infrastructure is under way more supervision than that of the PC's infrastructure, so it's less likely that hackers will be able to run rampant on present or newer titles (not titles like CoD: BO, or CoD: WaW, or MW2, or BF: BC, or any old titles like that) on console versus their PC variants.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 ermacness

@MonsieurX said:

@ermacness said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ermacness said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

lolwat?

I was stating that the only way gameplay experiences can change between PC and console. I never stated that PC gamers was "forced" to use keyborad and mouse.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

overall experience on pc is enhanced

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#257  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

I don't care about hardware sales or this and that . However , I DO care about games themselves and that's why I game on PC . Why .? Simple ... Because of different genres and variety in games .

We normally don't get Point and Click adventures , RTS , Survival Horror games , CRPGs , Old school shooters or Space Sims etc on consoles . Even if we do , then worse versions of them are ported from PC after several months . I play such games alot , so PC is the way to go .

Can't wait for Unreal Tournament , The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 and Serious Sam 4 .

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@ermacness said:

@roler42 said:

@Cranler:

Hacking on PC:

• Download hack
  • Install hack
  • Run hack

Hacking on console:

• Download hack
  • Put hack on usb
  • Let hack run from usb

Man hacking on consoles is SOOOO complicated

It's less complicated than the PC to me. The console online infrastructure is under way more supervision than that of the PC's infrastructure, so it's less likely that hackers will be able to run rampant on present or newer titles (not titles like CoD: BO, or CoD: WaW, or MW2, or BF: BC, or any old titles like that) on console versus their PC variants.

New titles have all kinds of hacks as well.

It's a different type of supervision. PC requires per game cheat detection while on console MS and Sony checks to see if your console is hacked. A hacked console gets banned from online play. Just getting your console to the point of being able to use hacks takes a lot of work including taking apart the console and soldering new connections.

Getting cheats working on console is much much more difficult and even if you're successful the console could get banned at anytime.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Cranler

@RedentSC said:

@Cranler said:

@RedentSC said:

@Cranler said:

@RedentSC said:

What? Phenom and Phenom II's d

@Cranler said:

@RedentSC said:

@walloftruth: Okay lets give you a quick breakdown of upgrades

Original Rig (back a few years ago now but you'll get the idea)

AMD Phenom x4 9504GB 1066 DDR2 Kingstom RAM

nvidia GTX380

lets leave out HDD and MOBO as at least one HDD gets bought a year (so £100 yearly insrtantly) and MOBO is a who rig upgrade really so thats a minimum of £500 for a new rig

So year one, upgrade the GFX to an AMD Radeon 4970 .. at time of purchase thats a £200 quid card, + HDD = 300

Year Two, Upgrade the CPU to a Phenom II (which actually required a new Mobo but nevermind, we shall leave that out too ;)) that was £150 at time of purchase, plus 8GB of Decent DDR3 Ram, thats another £150 at leats.... so thats 300 easy there

Next year... well we need a new case and PSU! but we have to add on the new Mobo here as it cost over 120 quid at the time, so thats easily 250 quid

3 years ... £850... not including games. Shit i could have bought a PS3 at that time for 300 quid and saved myself £550!.. and still be able to play the games i wanted too. Agreed graphical fidelitry wasn't the best but regardless.... its cheap... which is the point of our discussion

So you upgraded from one gpu that doesn't exist to another gpu that doesn't exist.

Apologies... 4870 ... and can't exactly remember the GTX version of the original card but thats all besides the point... care to comment on the actual subject of the post rather than being pedantic?

The gtx 380 doesn't exist either so what card did you have before the 4870?

you actually made me look back at my old shit.... GTX260 ... back in the day of the orignal footlong cards that took a small power station and pleanty of cash to run.

Now... care to comment on the post? no thought not :) so be quiet

Troll much? The 260 and 4870 have almost identical performance.

yesss.... but my 260 blew.... and thought the AMD chipset on a Radeon card would fit well with my AMD motherboard chipset... and they are far from identical my friend.... ah well if you wont play the game... you are will just be ignored :)

Lol! Changing your story. So technically you never upgraded your gpu you just replaced a faulty or misused gpu. The cpu upgrade wasn't much of an upgrade either since we're talking about maybe a 30% performance improvement.

Are you even trying to be believable?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@melonfarmerz said:

that was an interesting article.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#261  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

The title makes no sense whatsoever. PC is not a console, so it cannot "win" the console war. The console war is between Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo, not the PC.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@ermacness said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ermacness said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

lolwat?

I guess the experience just feels a lot more fun on consoles, you look at a console and you think thats a game machine made specifically for games and it just makes you want to play. nostalgia plays a big part too, some say nostalgia isn't real but that feeling is still there, takes me back to when I was a kid and getting that sega genesis for christmas with nhl 94 and all those classic games, same with the PS1....getting FF7 and metal gear solid (console exclusives). PC somehow ruins the experience, not fully but I would say 33% is ruined just by playing it on PC, something I used to do my homework on which made me hate even turning the damn thing on when I was a kid. Then having to fiddle with the setting just to get Quake to work, it was a bitch.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

When I look at my PC I think "that's a game machine made specifically for games" and it just makes me want to play.

Which is good too because there are sooooooo many games on PC. Ten games just released on Steam yesterday, and ten more the day before that. It's pretty awesome.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@RedentSC said:

nvidia GTX380

lets leave out HDD and MOBO as at least one HDD gets bought a year (so £100 yearly insrtantly) and MOBO is a who rig upgrade really so thats a minimum of £500 for a new rig

So year one, upgrade the GFX to an AMD Radeon 4970 .. at time of purchase thats a £200 quid card, + HDD = 300

Year Two, Upgrade the CPU to a Phenom II (which actually required a new Mobo but nevermind, we shall leave that out too ;)) that was £150 at time of purchase, plus 8GB of Decent DDR3 Ram, thats another £150 at leats.... so thats 300 easy there

Next year... well we need a new case and PSU! but we have to add on the new Mobo here as it cost over 120 quid at the time, so thats easily 250 quid

3 years ... £850... not including games. Shit i could have bought a PS3 at that time for 300 quid and saved myself £550!.. and still be able to play the games i wanted too. Agreed graphical fidelitry wasn't the best but regardless.... its cheap... which is the point of our discussion

1. You need to buy a new HDD every year for £100?

2. You have a graphics card that doesn't exist?

3. You need to upgrade your hardware yearly for what reason?

----------------------------

1. Nope, you don't, bad trolling.

2. That statement already proves that you have no idea about PC gaming. Someone who thinks a GTX 380 exits clearly never build a PC or looked for parts online.

3. Nope, just another bad troll attempt. Hell, a PC that I've build 7 years ago still outperforms the Xbox 360 and PS3 im every multiplat when it comes to FPS, screen resolution and graphics settings.

And my newly build PC that cost me $730 will easily beat the Xbone and PS4 for this generation. It already does in games like Watch_Dogs, Thief and Battlefield 4.

do me a favor, read my other posts before spewing your absalute s**te

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#266  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

PC somehow ruins the experience, not fully but I would say 33% is ruined just by playing it on PC, something I used to do my homework on which made me hate even turning the damn thing on when I was a kid. Then having to fiddle with the setting just to get Quake to work, it was a bitch.

If I recall correctly, Quake was one of the most rock-solid PC games around (as were all early id games). It worked great. The only problem was it being a hog which made PC CPUs hit an unbreakable wall. There was nothing anyone can do until 3D-acceleration came along. Until then, most gamers played it in ugly low-res mode.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#267  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@RedentSC said:

@walloftruth said:

@RedentSC said:

nvidia GTX380

2. That statement already proves that you have no idea about PC gaming. Someone who thinks a GTX 380 exits clearly never build a PC or looked for parts online.

3. Nope, just another bad troll attempt. Hell, a PC that I've build 7 years ago still outperforms the Xbox 360 and PS3 im every multiplat when it comes to FPS, screen resolution and graphics settings.

And my newly build PC that cost me $730 will easily beat the Xbone and PS4 for this generation. It already does in games like Watch_Dogs, Thief and Battlefield 4.

This again? A $2000 PC can turn out to cost less than a Xbone or PS4 depending on how many games you buy; the most important part of the equation which you conveniently left out.
You can last a whole console generation with one PC, if you buy a mid-high end PC. Without upgrading anything. I know that, because that is what I do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ermacness said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ermacness said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

lolwat?

I guess the experience just feels a lot more fun on consoles, you look at a console and you think thats a game machine made specifically for games and it just makes you want to play. nostalgia plays a big part too, some say nostalgia isn't real but that feeling is still there, takes me back to when I was a kid and getting that sega genesis for christmas with nhl 94 and all those classic games, same with the PS1....getting FF7 and metal gear solid (console exclusives). PC somehow ruins the experience, not fully but I would say 33% is ruined just by playing it on PC, something I used to do my homework on which made me hate even turning the damn thing on when I was a kid. Then having to fiddle with the setting just to get Quake to work, it was a bitch.

"when you were a kid" please... what like 2 years ago?

Basing your current life and image of technology around your thoughts on it as a child... yeesh.

Oh wait, its you... probably none of this is true.

Input and device should not be an issue, sad that you make it one.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 MonsieurX

@ps4hasnogames said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ermacness said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ermacness said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

lolwat?

How does any of this playing the exact same games on console differs from playing on PC?

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

@RedentSC said:

@walloftruth said:

@RedentSC said:

nvidia GTX380

This again? A $2000 PC can turn out to cost less than a Xbone or PS4 depending on how many games you buy; the most important part of the equation which you conveniently left out.

You can last a whole console generation with one PC, if you buy a mid-high end PC. Without upgrading anything. I know that, because that is what I do.

you telling me a PC from 2006 can run Battlefield 4 at a reasonable framerate / visual fidelity? no.... sorry but it can't

Also if you buys 3 games a year (120 quid minimum) and i buy a PS4/you buy a £1200 PC ... the console will work out cheaper.. this is basic maths

you cannot argue that buying 50 indie games for the same price as 3 AAA games makes it more cost effective.... games don't come into this conversation.

Also whether i got the part names correct or no is mute... the maths still works and its still WAY more expensive to play on PC than PS4.... show me a breakdown to prove me wrong (including benchmarks to show BF4 running at at least 30fps 720)

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 Cranler

@walloftruth said:

@RedentSC said:

nvidia GTX380

What's the specs on that 7 year old build.

@RedentSC said:

@KungfuKitten said:

@RedentSC said:

@walloftruth said:

@RedentSC said:

nvidia GTX380

you telling me a PC from 2006 can run Battlefield 4 at a reasonable framerate / visual fidelity? no.... sorry but it can't

Also if you buys 3 games a year (120 quid minimum) and i buy a PS4/you buy a £1200 PC ... the console will work out cheaper.. this is basic maths

you cannot argue that buying 50 indie games for the same price as 3 AAA games makes it more cost effective.... games don't come into this conversation.

Also whether i got the part names correct or no is mute... the maths still works and its still WAY more expensive to play on PC than PS4.... show me a breakdown to prove me wrong (including benchmarks to show BF4 running at at least 30fps 720)

BF 4 isn't a good example since pc version is different from the gimped ps360 version. A 2006 pc is below min reqs on most multiplats over the last few years though.

PC gaming will most likely be a lot less expensive during this console gen than last due to the new consoles not being nearly as powerful for 2013 as ps360 were for their launch times. You needed a $2000 pc to match the 360 in 2005 and now you can match the ps4 with a $600 pc. Add in the $50 a year for console mp and console becomes more expensive. Only thing we can't be sure of is if min req on pc games will go beyond ps 4 specs during the gen.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 MonsieurX

@RedentSC said:

Let's see if you buy 10 games per year,brand new games are 59.99$,most PC release are 49.99$ and you can often find them for less when you pre-order(thanks greenmangaming for 20% or even 25% off)

1200$ PC

10 games x 6 years x 50$

Total: 4200$

400$ PS4

10 games x 6 years x 60$ + 6 x 50$ for PSN+

Total: 4300$

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Cranler

@MonsieurX said:

@RedentSC said:

Let's see if you buy 10 games per year,brand new games are 59.99$,most PC release are 49.99$ and you can often find them for less when you pre-order(thanks greenmangaming for 20% or even 25% off)

1200$ PC

10 games x 6 years x 50$

400$ PS4

Yeah but if you want to play mp hack free then console is the way to go.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 MonsieurX

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@RedentSC said:

1200$ PC

10 games x 6 years x 50$

400$ PS4

consoles aren't hack free,so stop with that bullshit

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By Cranler

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@RedentSC said:

1200$ PC

10 games x 6 years x 50$

400$ PS4

It basically is when compared to pc. On pc you simply download and install hack, worst case scenario is you get banned from a specific server.

Hacking isn't so simple on console. You have to actually solder new connections on the consoles mb. The barrier to entry is MUCH higher on console. Plus your console could get banned from mp at any time. This GREATLY reduces the amount of cheating on console to the point where most console gamers will never run into aimbotters and wallhacks.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 MonsieurX

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@RedentSC said:

1200$ PC

10 games x 6 years x 50$

400$ PS4

It basically is when compared to pc. On pc you simply download and install hack, worst case scenario is you get banned from a specific server.

Hacking isn't so simple on console. You have to actually solder new connections on the consoles mb. The barrier to entry is MUCH higher on console. Plus your console could get banned from mp at any time. This GREATLY reduces the amount of cheating on console to the point where most console gamers will never run into aimbotters and wallhacks.

You're implying that every PC games that has MP is filled with hackers which is simply ridiculous.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Cranler

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@RedentSC said:

1200$ PC

10 games x 6 years x 50$

400$ PS4

You're implying that every PC games that has MP is filled with hackers which is simply ridiculous.

I simply said pc isn't hack free like console.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 MonsieurX

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@RedentSC said:

1200$ PC

10 games x 6 years x 50$

400$ PS4

Hack free = not a single hack

Which is not true

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@RedentSC said:

1200$ PC

10 games x 6 years x 50$

400$ PS4

moving the goal posts all the time.....

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Cranler

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@RedentSC said:

1200$ PC

10 games x 6 years x 50$

400$ PS4

Which is not true

It's relatively hack free. You could play CoD for 100's of hours on console and never encounter a hack while on pc you could run into a hacker every 30 mins.

@MBirdy88 said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@RedentSC said:

1200$ PC

10 games x 6 years x 50$

400$ PS4

It's a fair point. Most multiplat mp games on pc are riddled with hackers.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 MonsieurX

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@RedentSC said:

1200$ PC

10 games x 6 years x 50$

400$ PS4

Which is not true

It's relatively hack free. You could play CoD for 100's of hours on console and never encounter a hack while on pc you could run into a hacker every 30 mins.

@MBirdy88 said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@RedentSC said:

1200$ PC

10 games x 6 years x 50$

400$ PS4

Nope on both cases.

It's not "relativety" hack free,it's not hack free,point.

Played a lot of BF3 and never encountered a single hacker.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 Cranler

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@RedentSC said:

1200$ PC

10 games x 6 years x 50$

400$ PS4

Which is not true

@MBirdy88 said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@RedentSC said:

1200$ PC

10 games x 6 years x 50$

400$ PS4

Nope on both cases.

It's not "relativety" hack free,it's not hack free,point.

Played a lot of BF3 and never encountered a single hacker.

Neither did I but CoD and any pretty much any other matchmaking style multiplat mp is a hack fest. Black Ops 2 would be an exception I rarely saw a cheater in that while Ghosts and MW3, MW 2 were a cheaters paradise. Some hackers learn how to hide their wallhacks and aimbots very well. When i used to play UT 2004 there was a player who got away with an aimbot for almost a year because he was so good at hiding it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Cranler Riddled suggests I go into 9 out of 10 games and find hackers....

And yet... I can't remember the last time I did, funny how that works Cranler?

A Cranler "fair point" is not relative to reality. I'm afraid.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 Cranler

@MBirdy88 said:

Depends on what games you play.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160/discussions/0/846960628451649151/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/235600/discussions/0/846965882766091411/

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3022013

Hopefully Rockstar has some anticheat otherwise GTA V will be a hackers paradise just like GTA 4.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@Cranler

The OP was saying PC was crushing consoles in hardware and software sales, as well as gaming library and peak gfx. Not sure what hacking has to do with any of that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Cranler said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Hopefully Rockstar has some anticheat otherwise GTA V will be a hackers paradise just like GTA 4.

oh great, all by major publishers without offering any support.... heh did you jsut type hack into the forum search field to get those?

show me games that matter most of the time on there.

Tomb Raider.... seriously?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By MonsieurX

@Cranler said:

Neither did I but CoD and any pretty much any other matchmaking style multiplat mp is a hack fest. Black Ops 2 would be an exception I rarely saw a cheater in that while Ghosts and MW3, MW 2 were a cheaters paradise. Some hackers learn how to hide their wallhacks and aimbots very well. When i used to play UT 2004 there was a player who got away with an aimbot for almost a year because he was so good at hiding it.

Yeah,because they're pwning you doesn't mean they're hacking.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By Cranler

@MBirdy88 said:

@Cranler said:

@MBirdy88 said:

oh great, all by major publishers without offering any support.... heh did you jsut type hack into the forum search field to get those?

GTA doesn't matter? Yeah there's GTA hacks on console but so few people are using them you'd probably never encounter one. GTA 4 on pc was a hackfest and unless Rockstar implements pc specific cheat protection then it will be he same. Devs don't need to implement cheat protection on console because the manufacturers take care of the cheat prevention.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 Cranler

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

Ezpz was a UT2004 player who everyone suspected but wasn't sure until it was confirmed. That's a rare case, most cheaters are obvious. Like in CoD where the killcam shows the guy headshotting 3 people in 2 seconds through walls.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 MonsieurX

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

Ezpz was a UT2004 player who everyone suspected but wasn't sure until it was confirmed. That's a rare case, most cheaters are obvious. Like in CoD where the killcam shows the guy headshotting 3 people in 2 seconds through walls.

Mad cuz bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1hWsZW_sdE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlsZ270_MrU

b-b-b-but consoles are hack free!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Cranler said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Cranler said:

@MBirdy88 said:

GTA doesn't matter? Yeah there's GTA hacks on console but so few people are using them you'd probably never encounter one. GTA 4 on pc was a hackfest and unless Rockstar implements pc specific cheat protection then it will be he same. Devs don't need to implement cheat protection on console because the manufacturers take care of the cheat prevention.

you realise... as far as multi player games go... GTA ... is infact... not a big deal on PC right? infact the community hated its horribly limited and walled off environment. It is barely played.

So yes, as far as the PC platform goes, its shockingly s*it online does not matter. maybe GTA5 will fair better, but I bet its as DRM ridden and walled off from dedicated servers taht nobody will care once again.

These developers make these poor decisions that work for consoles but not PC. Dedicated servers run by the players tend to be alot safer from hacks, or at least moderated from them.

Even things like VAC are a deterant because once banned your entire steam account's game list is banned if they have VAC.

Yes, I will gladly acknoledge there is a problem, but with the majority of IMPORTANT TO PC GAMING multiplayer games.... cheating is a minority issue.

Stop cherry picking s*itty console focused games as some sort of "fine example"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

back on topic:

And that is just DoTA 2... PC Domination Continuation.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By Cranler

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

Mad cuz bad.

Wow, what a comeback there. I've been accused of cheating too many times to count. I know the difference between a good player and a cheater.

You do realize that the user of those hacks had to jailbreak the ps 3 and risks having their console banned from online use right? If you played both console and pc mp extensively you would know the odds of running into a cheater is much higher on pc. I've still never seen onecheater on 360.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 MonsieurX

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

Mad cuz bad.

Wow, what a comeback there. I've been accused of cheating too many times to count. I know the difference between a good player and a cheater.

You do realize that the user of those hacks had to jailbreak the ps 3 and risks having their console banned from online use right? If you played both console and pc mp extensively you would know the odds of running into a cheater is much higher on pc. I've still never seen onecheater on 360.

They don't exist since you never saw one,ditto.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 Cranler

@MBirdy88 said:

@Cranler said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Cranler said:

@MBirdy88 said:

you realise... as far as multi player games go... GTA ... is infact... not a big deal on PC right? infact the community hated its horribly limited and walled off environment. It is barely played.

So yes, as far as the PC platform goes, its shockingly s*it online does not matter. maybe GTA5 will fair better, but I bet its as DRM ridden and walled off from dedicated servers taht nobody will care once again.

These developers make these poor decisions that work for consoles but not PC. Dedicated servers run by the players tend to be alot safer from hacks, or at least moderated from them.

Even things like VAC are a deterant because once banned your entire steam account's game list is banned if they have VAC.

Yes, I will gladly acknoledge there is a problem, but with the majority of IMPORTANT TO PC GAMING multiplayer games.... cheating is a minority issue.

Stop cherry picking s*itty console focused games as some sort of "fine example"

It's barely played because it was full of hackers. Walled off environment? There's free roam mode but certain gametypes wouldn't work with the entire map open.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 Cranler

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

Mad cuz bad.

When did I say they didn't exist? I said the odds are much higher on pc? Reading comprehension a problem for you?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#297 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

back on topic:

Cranler is here, it's too late for that

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 MonsieurX

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

Mad cuz bad.

When did I say they didn't exist? I said the odds are much higher on pc? Reading comprehension a problem for you?

You seem to be implying that since you never saw one on the 360 but saw tons of PC

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 Cranler

@MBirdy88 said:

back on topic:

And that is just DoTA 2... PC Domination Continuation.

Don't see how this benefits 99.99% of gamers. Plus most of that prize pool is from people spending money on a f2p game.

Little bit silly to compare Dota 2 to other sports. How many other Dota 2 events with big prize money are there this each year?

Comparing Dota 2 to just the NBA playoffs? The average NBA salary is $5 million and that's before any bonuses for playoffs.

Tennis and golf have many big purse events throughout the year. Those World Cup players are pros and the World Cup is like a bonus.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300  Edited By Cranler

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Cranler said:

Mad cuz bad.

You seem to be implying that since you never saw one on the 360 but saw tons of PC

"Odds are much higher" is a quite straightforward statement implying there are cheaters on console but much more rare.