PC Gaming at 4K resolution (People still have 56k?)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Cost of PC: Your soul

jhcho2

And people thought we were kidding when we said PC gaming was cheap.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Everybody knows that PC is much more capable than consoles when it comes to everything about graphics and performance.

I was having a hard time trying to understand why consolites are torturing themselves, and then I started to believe that they simply don't care about superior gaming experience. They just want to play games and they don't even care if the games are of awful quality. Consolites are people with incredibly low standards - they are called dirty peasants for a reason.

They are also casual gamers who would play a game for 15 minutes and then switch it off - I can perfectly understand why they can tolerant low quality games, I would be the same if I was a casual gamer and there would be absolutely no reason to invest in a gaming PC. People who are invested in the hobby and spends a large amount of time playing games would avoid consoles like plague.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Everybody knows that PC is much more capable than consoles when it comes to everything about graphics and performance.

I was having a hard time trying to understand why consolites are torturing themselves, and then I started to believe that they simply don't care about superior gaming experience. They just want to play games and they don't even care if the games are of awful quality. Consolites are people with incredibly low standards - they are called dirty peasants for a reason.

They are also casual gamers who would play a game for 15 minutes and then switch it off - I can perfectly understand why they can tolerant low quality games, I would be the same if I was a casual gamer and there would be absolutely no reason to invest in a gaming PC. People who are invested in the hobby and spends a large amount of time playing games, they would avoid consoles like plague.

Cyberdot
Or maybe they prefer the games consoles have to offer. Jeesh, hermzits are so up in arms about their system.
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#154 Sushiglutton  Online
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

This pic shows (near) infinite resolution. Sadly I had to compress it for the forum. But I'm sure the idea is still visible. 

a

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Cyberdot

[QUOTE="Cyberdot"]

They are also casual gamers who would play a game for 15 minutes and then switch it off - I can perfectly understand why they can tolerant low quality games, I would be the same if I was a casual gamer and there would be absolutely no reason to invest in a gaming PC. People who are invested in the hobby and spends a large amount of time playing games, they would avoid consoles like plague.

freedomfreak

Or maybe they prefer the games consoles have to offer. Jeesh, hermzits are so up in arms about their system.

Probably.

The only games that PC don't have are console exclusives. However, they should be aware that the whole game library is vastly covered by multiplats, which are superior on PC.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 freedomfreak  Online
Probably.

The only games that PC don't have is console exclusives. However, they should be aware that the whole game library is vastly covered by multiplats, which are superior on PC.

Cyberdot
Multiplats' performance matters little to a person that wants to go with a console because of certain games it has to offer.
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Cyberdot

[QUOTE="Cyberdot"]Probably.

The only games that PC don't have is console exclusives. However, they should be aware that the whole game library is vastly covered by multiplats, which are superior on PC.

freedomfreak

Multiplats' performance matters little to a person that wants to go with a console because of certain games it has to offer.

Casuals don't care about game quality (what I mean by "game quality" is graphics and performance), after thinking about it I started to believe that they are not invested in the hobby enough to care - which is why we often see adverts on TV about consoles and their games, but not PC since PC gamers knows what's up.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 freedomfreak  Online

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Cyberdot"]Probably.

Cyberdot

Casuals don't care about game quality (what I mean by "game quality" is graphics and performance), after thinking about it I started to believe that they are not invested in the hobby enough to care - which is why we often see adverts on TV about consoles and their games, but not PC since PC gamers knows what's up.

Yes. They can only be invested in their hobby if they're maxing out their games on their 1337 rights. Yeah, no. People play games to have fun. I lol at those that like to seperate themselves from the "casuals" to make them feel better about being a...gamer...
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Cyberdot

[QUOTE="Cyberdot"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Multiplats' performance matters little to a person that wants to go with a console because of certain games it has to offer.freedomfreak

Yes. They can only be invested in their hobby if they're maxing out their games on their 1337 rights. Yeah, no. People play games to have fun. I lol at those that like to seperate themselves from the "casuals" to make them feel better about being a...gamer...

:lol:

Zip it up, bro. Your denial is showing.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 freedomfreak  Online
:lol:

Cyberdot
Great answer. Classic Willz.
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Cyberdot

[QUOTE="Cyberdot"]:lol:

freedomfreak

Great answer.

Well, I expected a better response than that.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 freedomfreak  Online
Well, I expected a better response than that.Cyberdot
No. You'd have to resort to an overused gif if I came up with something even better.
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Cyberdot

[QUOTE="Cyberdot"]Well, I expected a better response than that.freedomfreak
No. You'd have to resort to an overused gif if I came up with something even better.

You should try to come up with good answers. I like decent discussion.

You nailed it. :(

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 freedomfreak  Online
You should try to come up with good answers. I like decent discussion.

You nailed it. :(

Cyberdot
Bbout as much as I expected from you. That's why everyone notices it's you behind all your alts. The obvious try-hard hermit trying to get rid of his cow image. lol rofl lmao and something else. But yeah, I'm not the one that couldn't come up with any response rather than "denial fweadum :('
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Cyberdot

Yes. They can only be invested in their hobby if they're maxing out their games on their 1337 rights. Yeah, no. People play games to have fun. I lol at those that like to seperate themselves from the "casuals" to make them feel better about being a...gamer...freedomfreak

This is where you nailed a good discussion with your drivel.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 freedomfreak  Online
This is where you nailed a good discussion with your drivel.Cyberdot
Hey, you're the one that couldn't come up with something better than "lolz denial" So, again, good going. Looking forward to your next account.
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Cyberdot

Typical.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#168 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Typical.

Cyberdot

No responses anymore ?

Can't blame you, you got owned hard :(
Poor herms. :(

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 freedomfreak  Online

Typical.

Cyberdot
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#170 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Gamerwillz just being his usual dumbass self.

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts

They are also casual gamers who would play a game for 15 minutes and then switch it off - I can perfectly understand why they can tolerant low quality games, I would be the same if I was a casual gamer and there would be absolutely no reason to invest in a gaming PC. People who are invested in the hobby and spends a large amount of time playing games would avoid consoles like plague.

Cyberdot
I agree 100%. Consoles are a joke.
Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

Consoles do have 4k, in their bullshots ;)

all the beyond two souls "screenshots" are 4k, when the actual game runs at 880x720

Also no TresFX in that TR screenshot, why? its the only cool  thing about the game on PC

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Cyberdot

[QUOTE="Cyberdot"]

Typical.

Sagem28

No responses anymore ?

Owned?

Please do point out where I got owned.

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

Consolites are very jelous people. Deep down, they just need a hug.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#175 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

I got no need for 4K. 720 good for me, 1080p is perfect. I ain't gonna be gaming on a 60+ TV or game 1 feet away from it.

PC gamers mad they have no games that can pass Shadow Fall gfx, and its just a launch game... better yet, an old buggy demo of a launch game lol.

Killzone 2 still looks good www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsdciOidWi4 nothing on PC like it. 91 meta critic, best online of the generation. Now i wonder how Shadow Falls online will look like....

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

I got no need for 4K. 720 good for me, 1080p is perfect. I ain't gonna be gaming on a 60+ TV or game 1 feet away from it.

PC gamers mad they have no games that can pass Shadow Fall gfx, and its just a launch game... better yet, an old buggy demo of a launch game lol.

Killzone 2 still looks good www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsdciOidWi4 nothing on PC like it. 91 meta critic, best online of the generation. Now i wonder how Shadow Falls online will look like....

KillzoneSnake

your deluding yourself.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"]

What you DID say is that surely having an option is better than not having it; I explicitly disagree.

the_bi99man

Wait a minute....  WHAT? That's just beyond asinine. Come on, lowe. You know better than that.

Not at all. Let's put a number on the value of having the option, and subsequently using it. That's now x. Likewise, the value of not having the option at all; I think we're in agreement that that's zero.

That leaves us with the third case, which is what I'm interested in. What's the end result of an option that goes unused? It's the same end result as the person who doesn't have it at all. So, without a difference in end result, where is the value?

If you were a project manager, and someone wanted to add an option to the project that you were unlikely to utilize, would you approve it?

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Cyberdot

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="Cyberdot"]

Typical.

Cyberdot

No responses anymore ?

Owned?

Please do point out where I got owned.

Still waiting for the answer...

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 freedomfreak  Online
Still waiting for the answer...Cyberdot
The part where you pulled the "denial' stuff. Great response.
g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

If anything, Poor Wii:U... at least everyone else tries.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Honestly... if you spend most of your free time gaming, I would really suggest making the initial investment to get a gaming rig.  You can still play your console games too but you will eventually want to get all your multi-plats on PC.  

I totally understand those that say its too expensive...  I respect that and game by any means that you can... but do not say it is not worth the money.  Because despite what everyone may try to tell you, the initial cost is expensive but it is totally worth the money.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

And here we go again Hermit hyping sh** they don't buy...

Go tell the majority on steam to play at 4K,since most have under power hardware vs the PS4.:lol:

The fact that GPU like the 7970 don't even have 1% penetration say it all,even less the Titan or hardware need it for 4K.

Avatar image for xxunnecessaryxs
xxunnecessaryxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#183 xxunnecessaryxs
Member since 2013 • 399 Posts

[QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"][QUOTE="chunkowookie"]

Seriously. Fvcking trolls these days... Where do they get off acting like they're good enough to engage in debate with real users?

chunkowookie

whoa slow your panties there, twerp. Apparenlty over 8 years of being in gaming forums and irc chat rooms and I'm still not a real user....I'm sorry I'm not worthy to talk amongst you real users. Lol listen to yourself dumbshit. I'm sorry your friend tried to be a jerk and I returned it back to him with something that actually makes sense, which of course, although I'm new here, I've come to realize making sense is a silly thing to do here in System Wars. You want to pose as if you're so sacred, when System Wars in and of itself is a troll forum...fawk off. Sorry I'm making a bad impression but seriously...fawk you, dude

Your sig is a stupid gif about cows, with a statement including the silly fanboy labels that are only used by fanboys and trolls.

You're a troll.

Just like the majority of these boards.

Oh geez you're not a fanboy. Dude I'll be convinced Elvis isn't dead before I'm convinced anyone in SW claiming to not be a fanboy isn't full of shit
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#184 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
Graphics is only 25% of a game. Do you play graphics or just stare at them. Some of the worst games on PC had the best graphics. LOL!! Enough with the "We have the better graphics then game consoles", because it's not even the most important part of a game.
enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Graphics is only 25% of a game. Do you play graphics or just stare at them. Some of the worst games on PC had the best graphics. LOL!! Enough with the "We have the better graphics then game consoles", because it's not even the most important part of a game. blackace

Totally agree... a shit game is a shit game...  but all else being equal, isnt better graphics a nice perk?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#186 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

That's actually not even 4k. That's all less than 4k. Still much higher than 1080p.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Wasdie  Moderator

A little comparison I just made. You'll want to view the whole photo by opening it up in a new window.

http://i.imgur.com/oEyLcig.jpg

oEyLcig.jpg

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"]

What you DID say is that surely having an option is better than not having it; I explicitly disagree.

lowe0

Wait a minute....  WHAT? That's just beyond asinine. Come on, lowe. You know better than that.

Not at all. Let's put a number on the value of having the option, and subsequently using it. That's now x. Likewise, the value of not having the option at all; I think we're in agreement that that's zero.

That leaves us with the third case, which is what I'm interested in. What's the end result of an option that goes unused? It's the same end result as the person who doesn't have it at all. So, without a difference in end result, where is the value?

If you were a project manager, and someone wanted to add an option to the project that you were unlikely to utilize, would you approve it?

In other words, what good is something if you can't use it?  

Except for you are omitting that with PC the option is there whether you use it or not.  You might have to pay a buttload of cash to get it but you can eventually get it.  With consoles it doesn't matter what you do you cannot get that resolution.  You are stuck with the resolution that the console provides.  If you were to buy a 4k TV (although if you could afford that you probably could afford the PC to do it) you can not get the console to output more than 1080p (for a few games currently, but mostly 720p or lower).  You can't upgrade it, you just have to wait till the gen arrives where it is supported.

Where in the OP does it say that 4k resolution is easily accessible to everyone?  If the TC had stated that it would make your argument valid.  Else you are just in full damage control because you know good and well consoles cannot do that this gen or the next.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 menes777

A little comparison I just made. You'll want to view the whole photo by opening it up in a new window.

oEyLcig.jpg

Wasdie

You should have provided some Kleenex and butthurt cream with this post.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#190 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

If I was rich, I'd by a 4K TV and hook my PC up to it

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 menes777

[QUOTE="lowe0"]You'll note that I've answered your question in a previous post. If you don't like my answer, asking again will do very little to change it.lundy86_4

You edited it into a post, after the fact. Much appreciated. A seperate answer would have made this much easier.

As for your other question, you didn't say it; consumer behavior does. People buy what they perceive value in (whether that perception is externally influenced is another topic). What you DID say is that surely having an option is better than not having it; I explicitly disagree, with this being entirely dependent on whether each individual actually exercises the option in question.

lowe0

Whether they exercise the option or not, the fact that it is an availability to those that may, is an advantage. Speaking objectively, of course. Any subjective reasoning is largely irrelevant, considering we do not speak for the many. Hence why we do not include speakers/monitors in a PC setup, nor TV's in a console setup. Largely for the same reason.

LOL Lowe is once again trying the "perceived value" argument.  LOL he never changes eh? :lol:

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Cyberdot

[QUOTE="Cyberdot"]Still waiting for the answer...freedomfreak

Do you think that's when I get owned?

I mean, really?

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#193 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

Bullshots

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Wasdie  Moderator

Bullshots

Supabul

You don't know much about PC gaming do you?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="Supabul"]

Bullshots

Wasdie

He's a troll.
menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 menes777

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="Supabul"]

Bullshots

clyde46

He's a troll.

Or he doesn't understand what bullshot means. :lol:

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#197 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

oEyLcig.jpg

Wasdie

Damn, that PC game looks real pretty.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#198 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Higher resolution alone isn't enough to get me too thrilled. This is now especially true after some new hardware on the horizon (dat rift...). 4K resolution on a PC in itself likely won't offer anything significantly different than whatever the next gen consoles will default to. It'll be prettier and maybe look a little sharper.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 freedomfreak  Online

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Cyberdot"]Still waiting for the answer...Cyberdot

Do you think that's when I get owned?

I mean, really?

I didn't bring up ownage. It's the point where you stopped bothering with a reasonable response.
menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 menes777

Higher resolution alone isn't enough to get me too thrilled. This is now especially true after some new hardware on the horizon (dat rift...). 4K resolution on a PC in itself likely won't offer anything significantly different than whatever the next gen consoles will default to. It'll be prettier and maybe look a little sharper.musicalmac

Just out of curiousity, what would get you "thrilled"?