PC Gaming at 4K resolution (People still have 56k?)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

Jesus Christ. Okay, I see it. I see the PC gaming superiority. You all win.charizard1605

They look amazing. The actual horsepower to get you there, though, is pretty intense. 

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

The option is there for a PC gamer. The option is not there for a console gamer. That is all. Debating it any further than that is the very definition of grasping at straws.

the_bi99man

Who cares?  You are going to buy a 4k monitor to have terribly black levels and crappy contrast ratiors.  Not to mention the two thousand dollar pc you will need to run any of todays graphically impressive games at that resolution at even a playable framerate.  Consoles to focus on 4k now would be foolish untill 4k tv's become standard. 

All of that is 100% besides the point. Options. That's what PC gaming is all about. 

Deal with it.

He cant
Avatar image for xxunnecessaryxs
xxunnecessaryxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#103 xxunnecessaryxs
Member since 2013 • 399 Posts

[QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"][QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

So.... yeah. Incredibly stupid. Way to prove me wrong.

the_bi99man

Love how you ignore my actual response to your comment. scroll up idiot.

I read it. Didn't merit a response. Comment or question, your initial post was still stupid as hell, and didn't mean anything. You can't play real life with a controller. Dumbass.

Saying you can't play real life "with a controller" only suggests that in your opinion, you CAN IN FACT, PLAY real life( but without a controller), and while this would seem logical if we were to view life in sort a poetic/dramatic/symbolical way, we simply can't do this because you used the term "REAL LIFE", which in return eliminates all symbolical approaches we can take to viewing life that will let us get away with saying "playing life". So, in simpler terms, your statement is an idiotic, unintentional paradox, so in conclusion, YOU'RE THE DUMBASS.
TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

I wonder how long will it be until 4k res becomes the standard in gaming

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 lundy86_4

TheFadeForever

Quite a while.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#106 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

TheFadeForever
Considering 1080p still isn't standard...
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#107 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"] Love how you ignore my actual response to your comment. scroll up idiot. xxunnecessaryxs

I read it. Didn't merit a response. Comment or question, your initial post was still stupid as hell, and didn't mean anything. You can't play real life with a controller. Dumbass.

Saying you can't play real life "with a controller" only suggests that in your opinion, you CAN IN FACT, PLAY real life( but without a controller), and while this would seem logical if we were to view life in sort a poetic/dramatic/symbolical way, we simply can't do this because you used the term "REAL LIFE", which in return eliminates all symbolical approaches we can take to viewing life that will let us get away with saying "playing life". So, in simpler terms, your statement is an idiotic, unintentional paradox, so in conclusion, YOU'RE THE DUMBASS.

You're trying way too hard to draw attention away from the fact that you made a stupid comment, which was obviously flamebait, because you're an obvious troll. All the big words and overanalyzation in the world won't change that.

You're going to do well here.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"] And that statement is still very much true. An unused option and the lack thereof have exactly the same final net value. So how does whether someone else has a 4K display affect how much value you will derive from the platform? And if the answer is "not at all, because they are two different individuals", then why is the feature relevant at all?lundy86_4

Nobody said the value was unused, except yourself. You gave an all encompassing response to the proposition, which isn't exactly true. There are individuals who use 4K resolutions (see plenty of YT videos).

Where did I say that how much value one derives from a platform, directly translates to an individual not using that platform?

The option can add value to the platform for an individual who owns a 4K display; a quick reread of my posts this far shows nothing that contradicts that. But for someone who doesn't own such a display, what is it doing for them?

Or, to skip ahead to the end of the argument: why does an option have any value whatsoever? If it's used, then the value is actually derived from that use, not the option itself. And if it's not used, then what's adding the value?

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFadeForever"]

charizard1605

Considering 1080p still isn't standard...

I think its more standard in pc gaming

chunkowookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 chunkowookie
Member since 2012 • 270 Posts

the_bi99man

You're trying way too hard to draw attention away from the fact that you made a stupid comment, which was obviously flamebait, because you're an obvious troll. All the big words and overanalyzation in the world won't change that.

Seriously. Fvcking trolls these days... Where do they get off acting like they're good enough to engage in debate with real users?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 lundy86_4

The option can add value to the platform for an individual who owns a 4K display; a quick reread of my posts this far shows nothing that contradicts that. But for someone who doesn't own such a display, what is it doing for them?

Or, to skip ahead to the end of the argument: why does an option have any value whatsoever? If it's used, then the value is actually derived from that use, not the option itself. And if it's not used, then what's adding the value?

lowe0

A quick reread? I have just shown what you stated:

Anyway, no, having an option that you do not use and not having the option at all have exactly the same final result. So where's the value added?lowe0

Nowhere did you state that anyone with a 4K display could take advantage. In fact, you specifically stated that an option that one  does not  use, is the equivalent of those without that option. What one  does not  use, was irrelevant to the topic, as it's clearly aimed at educating, or showing those that  can  use a 4K display.

Again:

Where did I say that how much value one derives from a platform, directly translates to an individual not using that platform?

lundy86_4

xxunnecessaryxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 xxunnecessaryxs

the_bi99man

Oh sorry, I was only trying to point out the fact that you said I was incredibly stupid for making a comment that was neither meant to be smart not serious. And no I don't deflect, I did the opposite of deflecting, which was over-analyzing the trouble at hand....as5hole
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"]

A quick reread? I have just shown what you stated:

[QUOTE="lowe0"]

Anyway, no, having an option that you do not use and not having the option at all have exactly the same final result. So where's the value added?lundy86_4

Nowhere did you state that anyone with a 4K display could take advantage. In fact, you specifically stated that an option that one  does not  use, is the equivalent of those without that option. What one  does not  use, was irrelevant to the topic, as it's clearly aimed at educating, or showing those that  can  use a 4K display.

Again:

lundy86_4

It's System Wars. Posts here are inherently persuasive. Purely informative posts should go in the platform specific or General Games Discussion forums. So no, by being posted here, it's not educational.

As for your other question, you didn't say it; consumer behavior does. People buy what they perceive value in (whether that perception is externally influenced is another topic). What you DID say is that surely having an option is better than not having it; I explicitly disagree, with this being entirely dependent on whether each individual actually exercises the option in question.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 lundy86_4

It's System Wars. Posts here are inherently persuasive. Purely informative posts should go in the platform specific or General Games Discussion forums. So no, by being posted here, it's not educational.lowe0

However, it's still System Wars specific, along with being educational. Feel free to ask a mod :) If not, it will be closed. 

Also:

lundy86_4

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"] Saying you can't play real life "with a controller" only suggests that in your opinion, you CAN IN FACT, PLAY real life( but without a controller), and while this would seem logical if we were to view life in sort a poetic/dramatic/symbolical way, we simply can't do this because you used the term "REAL LIFE", which in return eliminates all symbolical approaches we can take to viewing life that will let us get away with saying "playing life". So, in simpler terms, your statement is an idiotic, unintentional paradox, so in conclusion, YOU'RE THE DUMBASS.xxunnecessaryxs

Oh sorry, I was only trying to point out the fact that you said I was incredibly stupid for making a comment that was neither meant to be smart not serious. And no I don't deflect, I did the opposite of deflecting, which was over-analyzing the trouble at hand....as5hole

Well at least you can admit you're trolling.

Probably shouldn't admit it anymore, though. You don't want to dash your hopes of being a successful troll.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"]It's System Wars. Posts here are inherently persuasive. Purely informative posts should go in the platform specific or General Games Discussion forums. So no, by being posted here, it's not educational.lundy86_4

However, it's still System Wars specific, along with being educational. Feel free to ask a mod :) If not, it will be closed. 

Also:

lundy86_4

The ToU governs user behavior, not the purpose of a forum. For that, we have the statement at the top of each forum to refer to.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#117 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
Those screenshots aren't even 1080p (and it's not like my monitor can display resolutions higher than 1080p anyway).
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 lundy86_4

The ToU governs user behavior, not the purpose of a forum. For that, we have the statement at the top of each forum to refer to.lowe0

Since we've wildly deviated topics, because of yourself, feel free to inform a mod. I stand by my statement that this thread is applicable to SW. If not, it will be closed.

Also:

lundy86_4

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 the_bi99man

Those screenshots aren't even 1080p (and it's not like my monitor can display resolutions higher than 1080p anyway).Timstuff

click the link to get the real ones. They're huge. Although they seem to vary a bit. I'm not sure exactly what resolution is considered "4K". 

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]Those screenshots aren't even 1080p (and it's not like my monitor can display resolutions higher than 1080p anyway).the_bi99man

click the link to get the real ones. They're huge. Although they seem to vary a bit. I'm not sure exactly what resolution is considered "4K". 

It's 4840x2160, apparently.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

lundy86_4

3840x2160* :P

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"] The ToU governs user behavior, not the purpose of a forum. For that, we have the statement at the top of each forum to refer to.lundy86_4

Since we've wildly deviated topics, because of yourself, feel free to inform a mod. I stand by my statement that this thread is applicable to SW. If not, it will be closed.

Also:

lundy86_4

You'll note that I've answered your question in a previous post. If you don't like my answer, asking again will do very little to change it.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

diminishing returns.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

ChubbyGuy40

3840x2160* :P

Is that the official number? Mmk. Looking at the full size shots from the OP, they vary a bit, but they're all close to that. Give or take a couple hundred thousand pixels. :P

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Is that the official number? Mmk. Looking at the full size shots from the OP, they vary a bit, but they're all close to that. Give or take a couple hundred thousand pixels. :P

the_bi99man

That's thenumber for consumer 4K, which will be the standard/majority. Cinema 4k is 4096x2160.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 lundy86_4

You'll note that I've answered your question in a previous post. If you don't like my answer, asking again will do very little to change it.lowe0

You edited it into a post, after the fact. Much appreciated. A seperate answer would have made this much easier.

As for your other question, you didn't say it; consumer behavior does. People buy what they perceive value in (whether that perception is externally influenced is another topic). What you DID say is that surely having an option is better than not having it; I explicitly disagree, with this being entirely dependent on whether each individual actually exercises the option in question.

lowe0

Whether they exercise the option or not, the fact that it is an availability to those that may, is an advantage. Speaking objectively, of course. Any subjective reasoning is largely irrelevant, considering we do not speak for the many. Hence why we do not include speakers/monitors in a PC setup, nor TV's in a console setup. Largely for the same reason.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"]You'll note that I've answered your question in a previous post. If you don't like my answer, asking again will do very little to change it.lundy86_4

You edited it into a post, after the fact. Much appreciated. A seperate answer would have made this much easier.

lowe0

Whether they exercise the option or not, the fact that it is an availability to those that may, is an advantage. Speaking objectively, of course. Any subjective reasoning is largely irrelevant, considering we do not speak for the many. Hence why we do not include speakers/monitors in a PC setup, nor TV's in a console setup. Largely for the same reason.

And to those may not?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 lundy86_4

And to those may not? lowe0

To those who do not perceive value in it? Then that's subjective. They decide it isn't necessary. Giving individuals the option, is something else entirely. In terms of pros and cons, it's most definitely a pro. Are we done here?

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

ChubbyGuy40

That's thenumber for consumer 4K, which will be the standard/majority. Cinema 4k is 4096x2160.

Oh snap. So for cinema 4k, they actually  increase horizontal  resolution, to achieve a wider aspect ratio, rather than  decreasing vertical  resolution, like with 720/1080p? That's a good call.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 the_bi99man

What you DID say is that surely having an option is better than not having it; I explicitly disagree.

lowe0

Wait a minute....  WHAT? That's just beyond asinine. Come on, lowe. You know better than that.

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

stunning pictures! What is the racing one?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#132 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts
not everyone games on stuff that looks that good, I'm sure many PC gamers just piggyback pride off those that do even though they have to use setting that are crappier than consoles
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 lundy86_4

not everyone games on stuff that looks that good, I'm sure many PC gamers just piggyback pride off those that do even though they have to use setting that are crappier than consoleslamprey263

Probably. I'm also sure that people piggyback great games off ones they don't own, or even consoles they don't own. At the end of the day, why care? It's a pretty solid advantage.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Ehhh 4k is too young to be an investment. Oculus Rift is more interesting for me right now as far as "The future" is concerned.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#135 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Damn, and I just got a 1440p monitor...

:P

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 the_bi99man

not everyone games on stuff that looks that good, I'm sure many PC gamers just piggyback pride off those that do even though they have to use setting that are crappier than consoleslamprey263

With a lot of recent games, there's no such thing as settings that look worse than the console versions.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 the_bi99man

Damn, and I just got a 1440p monitor...

:P

mitu123

Already obsolete bro. Time to start saving for quad-SLI titans, and three 4k monitors, in surround.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#138 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Can't wait till I can get a 4K monitor.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Console will never touch PC's gfx, performance, or games count.

Inferior through and through.

Console kids am cry, they are just too poor.  One day they will get a good job. But that day is NOT TODAY.

lostrib

Your font size is unnecessary

So are consoles.

xxunnecessaryxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 xxunnecessaryxs

the_bi99man

Probably shouldn't admit it anymore, though. You don't want to dash your hopes of being a successful troll.

whoa, I admit nothing. I still stand by the message behind my original comment. If you idiots are going to go on for centuries about graphics maybe video games aren't good enough. If you want something to look as close to reality as possible then open your freaking window and then hold your controller in your hand if you still want the impression/illusion of playing a video game you fawking idiot. Sorry I was actually playing around and 'trolling" with you for a few...
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 the_bi99man

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"] Oh sorry, I was only trying to point out the fact that you said I was incredibly stupid for making a comment that was neither meant to be smart not serious. And no I don't deflect, I did the opposite of deflecting, which was over-analyzing the trouble at hand....as5holexxunnecessaryxs

whoa, I admit nothing. I still stand by the message behind my original comment. If you idiots are going to go on for centuries about graphics maybe video games aren't good enough. If you want something to look as close to reality as possible then open your freaking window and then hold your controller in your hand if you still want the impression/illusion of playing a video game you fawking idiot. Sorry I was actually playing around and 'trolling" with you for a few...

Real life isn't a video game.

Damn you're stupid.

xxunnecessaryxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 xxunnecessaryxs

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="xxunnecessaryxs"] Saying you can't play real life "with a controller" only suggests that in your opinion, you CAN IN FACT, PLAY real life( but without a controller), and while this would seem logical if we were to view life in sort a poetic/dramatic/symbolical way, we simply can't do this because you used the term "REAL LIFE", which in return eliminates all symbolical approaches we can take to viewing life that will let us get away with saying "playing life". So, in simpler terms, your statement is an idiotic, unintentional paradox, so in conclusion, YOU'RE THE DUMBASS.chunkowookie

Seriously. Fvcking trolls these days... Where do they get off acting like they're good enough to engage in debate with real users?

whoa slow your panties there, twerp. Apparenlty over 8 years of being in gaming forums and irc chat rooms and I'm still not a real user....I'm sorry I'm not worthy to talk amongst you real users. Lol listen to yourself dumbshit. I'm sorry your friend tried to be a jerk and I returned it back to him with something that actually makes sense, which of course, although I'm new here, I've come to realize making sense is a silly thing to do here in System Wars. You want to pose as if you're so sacred, when System Wars in and of itself is a troll forum...fawk off. Sorry I'm making a bad impression but seriously...fawk you, dude
xxunnecessaryxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 xxunnecessaryxs

the_bi99man

Real life isn't a video game.

Damn you're stupid.

lol the same guy who used the term "play real life" is telling me real life isn't video game, even though I've already addressed this to him earlier in a message he ignored and now I'm also stupid according to this very peculiar man.
chunkowookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 chunkowookie
Member since 2012 • 270 Posts

[QUOTE="chunkowookie"]

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

xxunnecessaryxs

whoa slow your panties there, twerp. Apparenlty over 8 years of being in gaming forums and irc chat rooms and I'm still not a real user....I'm sorry I'm not worthy to talk amongst you real users. Lol listen to yourself dumbshit. I'm sorry your friend tried to be a jerk and I returned it back to him with something that actually makes sense, which of course, although I'm new here, I've come to realize making sense is a silly thing to do here in System Wars. You want to pose as if you're so sacred, when System Wars in and of itself is a troll forum...fawk off. Sorry I'm making a bad impression but seriously...fawk you, dude

Your sig is a stupid gif about cows, with a statement including the silly fanboy labels that are only used by fanboys and trolls.

You're a troll.

Just like the majority of these boards.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

I love how anyone with a PC boasts how good these graphics are when, in reality, maybe 1 to 2% of PC users can actually achieve these graphics smoothly.

Anways they are beautiful images, if you have the spare $3000 to blow on a PC that can comfortably handle them.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
Looking great. That should end this argument "PC has nothing now, now that the PS4 haz 1080p".
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 the_bi99man

Looking great. That should end this argument "PC has nothing now, now that the PS4 haz 1080p".faizan_faizan

Well some PC gamers have already been using at least 1440p/1600p, for a while now. But it's not unheard of for the PC to kick consoles when they're already down. :P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46199 Posts

Wish I was gaming at that resolution. Very nice screenshots !

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts
Now I want to play Tomb Raider again.
jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points