PC Gamer: Deus Ex is the best game of all time

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 gillri
Member since 2004 • 5926 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

It is a very good game, but CERTAINLY not the best game. I don't see how anyone could say it is honestly. They can personally enjoy it the most, but it has problems that are evident.

dakan45

Yeah like the fact that you need to stand still for 5 seconds to aim if not more. Seriously?

yeah RPG's strength is never combat though is it

what made Deus ex great isnt combat, like all RPG's for matter

hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

What I liked most about Deus Ex was the sense of believability the game gave me. It was kind of eerie playing through most areas because of this atmosphere, like the events and society in the game were hitting too close to home. That's also the issue I have with DE: HR, its setting is so futuristic and flashy there's no way I'll connect to it the same way I connected to Deus Ex.

gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 gillri

What I liked most about Deus Ex was the sense of believability the game gave me. It was kind of eerie playing through most areas because of this atmosphere, like the events and society in the game were hitting too close to home. That's also the issue I have with DE: HR, its setting is so futuristic and flashy there's no way I'll connect to it the same way I connected to Deus Ex.

hypoty

completely agree, it looks all a bit too flashy, the main character looks too cool also, glasses? check. Finely combed goatie beard? check. Retractable swords from the elbows? check

while I am very much looking forward to it I am a little concerned with the style, Deus Ex 1 had a gritty look to it

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
I could accept it at #1, if the rest of the list wasn't so god damn awful. :| Oblivion isn't even top 30.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

It is a very good game, but CERTAINLY not the best game. I don't see how anyone could say it is honestly. They can personally enjoy it the most, but it has problems that are evident.

dakan45
Yeah like the fact that you need to stand still for 5 seconds to aim if not more. Seriously?

stuff like that is +immersion. it's rather tough to aim while moving for most of us, too :D
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Not a fan at all. Every aspect just seemed blah. Maybe if I reinstalled it I would have a change of heart, but probably not.

gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 gillri

Not a fan at all. Every aspect just seemed blah. Maybe if I reinstalled it I would have a change of heart, but probably not.

topgunmv

Shame you seem like a Metroid fan

SuperMetroid, Metroid Prime and Deus Ex are all in my top 10 games ever, give it another go

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#58 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

yeah RPG's strength is never combat though is it

gillri

Thats why i dont complain for the new ones combat system. In the old one was neer a strong point of the game.

stuff like that is +immersion. it's rather tough to aim while moving for most of us, too :DMakari

I may sound a bit weird, but i took a course to see how i do, Cant say that moving has affected my aim much for medium range. But in deus ex, moving slowly, even ducking and moving slightly forward when you are behind a guy and wanna headshot him, is really lowering the accuracy with each step. As long as you keep moving, you lose accuracy, no matter how slowly and even if you crouch it takes the same time to focus your aim.

So much for immersion, or even better, what self loading pistol has 6 shots in 2050?

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="gillri"]yeah RPG's strength is never combat though is it

dakan45

Thats why i dont complain for the new ones combat system. In the old one was neer a strong point of the game.

stuff like that is +immersion. it's rather tough to aim while moving for most of us, too :DMakari

I may sound a bit weird, but i took a course to see how i do, Cant say that moving has affected my aim much for medium range. But in deus ex, moving slowly, even ducking and moving slightly forward when you are behind a guy and wanna headshot him, is really lowering the accuracy with each step. As long as you keep moving, you lose accuracy, no matter how slowly and even if you crouch it takes the same time to focus your aim.

So much for immersion, or even better, what self loading pistol has 6 shots in 2050?

Maybe gun control legislation really takes off in 2030:P.

Silent_Bob32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Silent_Bob32
Member since 2004 • 643 Posts
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]Horrible list. Quake 3, BF2, and UT 2004 have to be in the top 5.DarkLink77

Those 3 are far from the best games of all time.

So are most of the games in their top five. Three of them are flat out wrong, the other two are debatable.

Uh, they're actually all debatable. The list isn't titled "Fact: These Are the Greatest Games of All Time AND NO ONE CAN BELIEVE OTHERWISE" It's a list composed by their staff, based on their personal opinions and nothing more. And yeah, Oblivion being on there is kind of crazy-- Morrowind was a better Elder Scrolls game, hell, Fallout 3 was a much better Bethesda game.
Mrmccormo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Mrmccormo
Member since 2011 • 870 Posts

I agree that Deus Ex is amazing. I played through it once (going through it again) just to get pumped for the upcoming DE: Human Revolution. And the thing is, I've beaten this game at least a dozen times over the past decade. It doesn't get old.

But the rest of that list was pretty crap. Oblivion, compared to Morrowind? WoW, compared to Diablo II? Hahhaa, yeah right.

arbitor365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#62 arbitor365
Member since 2009 • 2726 Posts

They need to play console games asapThe_RedLion

*high fives*

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
Hmm IDK but will try the 3rd game when it's releases.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Those 3 are far from the best games of all time.

Silent_Bob32

So are most of the games in their top five. Three of them are flat out wrong, the other two are debatable.

Uh, they're actually all debatable. The list isn't titled "Fact: These Are the Greatest Games of All Time AND NO ONE CAN BELIEVE OTHERWISE" It's a list composed by their staff, based on their personal opinions and nothing more. And yeah, Oblivion being on there is kind of crazy-- Morrowind was a better Elder Scrolls game, hell, Fallout 3 was a much better Bethesda game.

Not really. Half-Life 2 has aged terribly, Team Fortress isn't that special (though it is fun), and Oblivion is worse than Morrowind in so many ways it isn't even funny.

Silent_Bob32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Silent_Bob32
Member since 2004 • 643 Posts

[QUOTE="Silent_Bob32"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] So are most of the games in their top five. Three of them are flat out wrong, the other two are debatable.DarkLink77

Not really. Half-Life 2 has aged terribly, Team Fortress isn't that special (though it is fun), and Oblivion is worse than Morrowind in so many ways it isn't even funny.

Nothing you're saying is factually true, and nothing they're saying is factually true-- it's all just opinions.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#66 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
That is not innacurate.
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

the presence of Oblivion is enough to make the list seem ridiculous to me. but Deus Ex....how about we pick a game that hasn't aged like a 98-year-old cancer patient?-The-G-Man-

Because he is still fit enough to do backflips and circus tricks.