P2M 28! ALSO Come make a final comment. Thread purge Sunday!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5351 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22689 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

KF combines skill and strategy whereas L4D I feel just requires strategy since anyone with decent aim can just spray down a mob of zombies. I also enjoy the amount of weapons and class variants that KF offers compared to L4D where you just play as any of the 4 characters that are exactly the same outside of their dialogue. Don't get me wrong, L4D is still a good game, but after I completed all of the standards missions and did a few of the community maps, I was done with the game with under 40 hours played and felt I saw pretty much all there was to see with it.

BPoole96

Fair enough, and yeah I don't think L4D's coop campaigns have much staying power all things considered. They are addictive for a good stretch, but ultimately just doesn't have enough content to keep you going. Should have had healthy releases of maps given the games only launch with like 4 or 5?. The versus to me is the surprise of those games. Community maps are nice and all, but there is a clear difference between amateur hour levels and an actual valve made mission. That's some clever shit, and L4D2s fully realized in that department. I have no beef with L4D's gunplay as I feel with the way that game is built it would be counter-productive to make the gunplay more difficult.

Some of the community maps on KF are incredible though. Some aren't necessary "community" made, since some people ported arena maps from UT2k4, but then there are some very clever ones like this LttP Kakariko Village map: [spoiler] TM7Hedi.jpg
WkpsrmM.jpg

And this one from Fallout New Vegas (It even has a radio in the buildings that play music from the game, which was a nice touch)

TPUZUdv.jpg [/spoiler]

I played that map... well done. I was quite impressed.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5352 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]BTW I am actually enjoying Last Light. F*ck 2033 though. seanmcloughlin

Last Light's pretty good alright. It's too long though IMO and there are a few annoying moments but overall it's enjoyable

Where are you in it so far? It's pretty damn good looking too, must be giving your PC a nice exercise

Game is gorgeous. I just got to Venice. Pretty neat way of doing venice in that universe lol.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5354 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]BTW I am actually enjoying Last Light. F*ck 2033 though. jg4xchamp

Last Light's pretty good alright. It's too long though IMO and there are a few annoying moments but overall it's enjoyable

Where are you in it so far? It's pretty damn good looking too, must be giving your PC a nice exercise

Game is gorgeous. I just got to Venice. Pretty neat way of doing venice in that universe lol.

That means your near the swamp aka the best looking place in the game

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5355 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Shame that it's also the most annoying/boring to play through.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5356 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Game is gorgeous. I just got to Venice. Pretty neat way of doing venice in that universe lol. bobbetybob

The game loses the whole stealth dynamic at that point but I liked it for it's atmosphere. 

But any game that has "fight off this wave while you wait for a thing" gameplay loses a mark in my book. TLoU did it too on occasion and I hated it

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5357 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Fair enough, and yeah I don't think L4D's coop campaigns have much staying power all things considered. They are addictive for a good stretch, but ultimately just doesn't have enough content to keep you going. Should have had healthy releases of maps given the games only launch with like 4 or 5?. The versus to me is the surprise of those games. Community maps are nice and all, but there is a clear difference between amateur hour levels and an actual valve made mission. That's some clever shit, and L4D2s fully realized in that department. I have no beef with L4D's gunplay as I feel with the way that game is built it would be counter-productive to make the gunplay more difficult.

TheEroica

Some of the community maps on KF are incredible though. Some aren't necessary "community" made, since some people ported arena maps from UT2k4, but then there are some very clever ones like this LttP Kakariko Village map: [spoiler] TM7Hedi.jpg
WkpsrmM.jpg

And this one from Fallout New Vegas (It even has a radio in the buildings that play music from the game, which was a nice touch)

TPUZUdv.jpg [/spoiler]

I played that map... well done. I was quite impressed.

Yeah I really like that map as well.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5358 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Game is gorgeous. I just got to Venice. Pretty neat way of doing venice in that universe lol. bobbetybob

It's a pretty tense spot, and I'd imagine on Ranger mode would be the best part of the game. Limited ammo, limited time up top, your gas mask getting dirty and breaking up, and that small stretch where you probably need to bleed some money just to survive. While the game is a better playing game than 2033, there are aspects of the game that are somewhat lost in translation here that made the originals not so flattering design interesting at least.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5359 TheEroica  Moderator

The Last of Us spoilercast is about up... I got pinged for using the music from the games, so I had to start over from scratch... I'd say its only a matter of time till we get suspended by youtube :P  

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5360 deactivated-59b71619573a1

The Last of Us spoilercast is about up... I got pinged for using the music from the games, so I had to start over from scratch... I'd say its only a matter of time till we get suspended by youtube :P  

TheEroica

lol if you get any bigger and attract attention most of your podcasts will be removed for those intros haha

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5361 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

TheEroica
Upload the file to SWM and deal with YouTube later.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5362 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

darkspineslayer

I did... the new article is ready to publish on SWM, Im just waiting these last 5 minutes to see if youtube doesnt ping me on the copyright again... I had to go back to the beginning and pretty much re do everything... blah. Youtube is a biatch. It'll be up in a few. 1 hour and 52 minutes of disusssion...
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5363 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="TheEroica"]

TheEroica

I did... the new article is ready to publish on SWM, Im just waiting these last 5 minutes to see if youtube doesnt ping me on the copyright again... I had to go back to the beginning and pretty much re do everything... blah. Youtube is a biatch. It'll be up in a few. 1 hour and 52 minutes of disusssion...

Jesus, that's a lot. Can't wait for it. You got a guest lined up for Thursday?
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5364 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"] Upload the file to SWM and deal with YouTube later.

Jesus, that's a lot. Can't wait for it. You got a guest lined up for Thursday?

Yeah! Rage and SweetBackHair.... haha. Love that name. We have a few feelers out there too. People who want on that need to get past a commitment or two before theyre available. if you want to book anyone, just do it and let me know. TLOU podcast was one of my favorites... So much to talk about and i think it flowed really well.... I think those who listen will enjoy the points of view.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5365 TheEroica  Moderator

System wars Magazine  The Last of Us Spoilercast is up!! Enjoy guys... and drop Blabadon a line of congrats on his first show.

The Youtube feed isnt going as well but it should be fixed in a moment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5366 deactivated-59b71619573a1

System wars Magazine  The Last of Us Spoilercast is up!! Enjoy guys... and drop Blabadon a line of congrats on his first show.

The Youtube feed isnt going as well but it should be fixed in a moment.TheEroica

Embedded

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5367 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Eroica to embed on Gamespot copy the embed code from Youtube and before the // in the code type http: and the embeded video will show up.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5368 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
What happened to my voice? :?
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5369 TheEroica  Moderator

Eroica to embed on Gamespot copy the embed code from Youtube and before the // in the code type http: and the embeded video will show up.

Nintendo_Ownes7
Ahh thank you sir... I knew it went away but hadn't really attempted it again. Thanks! Gotta have you on the show again! Been a while.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5370 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

TheEroica

Ahh thank you sir... I knew it went away but hadn't really attempted it again. Thanks! Gotta have you on the show again! Been a while.

I need to get a better microphone I had some mic issues because I was using was the mic that was built into my laptop.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5371 deactivated-59b71619573a1

What happened to my voice? :?Blabadon

Told you the mic sounded weird lol

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5372 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Blabadon sounds like he's got a sponge over his mouth.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5373 Blabadon
Blabadon sounds like he's got a sponge over his mouth.bobbetybob
I was vehemently fighting off an attacker who had a chloroform rag over my mouth the entire two hours.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5374 jg4xchamp

Yo Sean Metro Spoiler: [spoiler] At the tail end of Last Light here, did the traitor dude. Lesnitzke or whatever just rape the bitch? [/spoiler]

Edit: Nevermind, although there apparently is an optional thing that covers that misdeed.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5375 Blabadon
For the misinformed, that's a Metro Last Light spoiler, not a TLoU spoiler like I had assumed. I'll just add it to my list of accidentally spoiled moments.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5376 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]For the misinformed, that's a Metro Last Light spoiler, not a TLoU spoiler like I had assumed. I'll just add it to my list of accidentally spoiled moments.

did you get to listen to the entire cast blab? I though you guys sounded pro throughout... it was a really good discussion I thought.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5377 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

seanmcloughlin

lol if you get any bigger and attract attention most of your podcasts will be removed for those intros haha

We have original intros we can use, so onwards and upwards, awwwww yeahhhh.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5378 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]For the misinformed, that's a Metro Last Light spoiler, not a TLoU spoiler like I had assumed. I'll just add it to my list of accidentally spoiled moments.

did you get to listen to the entire cast blab? I though you guys sounded pro throughout... it was a really good discussion I thought.

One of the best P2M i've listened to.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5379 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

Heil68

Beat Last of Us yet? Final thoughts?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5380 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Yo Sean Metro Spoiler: [spoiler] At the tail end of Last Light here, did the traitor dude. Lesnitzke or whatever just rape the bitch? [/spoiler]

Edit: Nevermind, although there apparently is an optional thing that covers that misdeed.

jg4xchamp

[spoiler] I don't think he actually did, he was just going to and something interrupted it. I think it's sort of up to the player to decide cos it's never openly shown (of course it wouldn't be) or proven [/spoiler]

It does explore some pretty dark shit at times though

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5381 Blabadon
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]For the misinformed, that's a Metro Last Light spoiler, not a TLoU spoiler like I had assumed. I'll just add it to my list of accidentally spoiled moments.

I can't stand what my voice sounds like, but I'll listen to it eventually. Thanks for having me again! :D Sean, dammit, learn how to spell spoiler. Luckily though, that's not a real spoiler if you didn't read what champ wrote.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5382 jg4xchamp
Yeah I won't quote sean's thing, so more metro spoiler [spoiler] So I thought it was that? but I wasn't sure, so I googled stuff, and apparently there is this optional stretch where some lady is getting gang raped quite literally. And it's like a side thing you can "discover" which I think is just crazy. I mean you can save the lady or you can full on be too late. So maybe the Anna stuff is more implied, but game shows how shitty humanity is I guess [/spoiler] As much as I did enjoy Last Light, I need a stretch of games that are back to some fun old adventure stuff.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5383 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

jg4xchamp

Beat Last of Us yet? Final thoughts?

Yeah, I beat it and it was easily my favorite game from last gen surpassing Uncharted 2, The characters seemed "real" and so did their actions. Winter was one of the best chapters of any game I played. Truly a masterpiece in my eyes. I tried the multi player and got owned like I expected but it was actually pretty good. I'm definitely going to play through the SP again on a harder difficulty.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5384 jg4xchamp
Survivor or bust bro. If you really want to just cheat it, just start new game plus and change the difficulty that way
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5385 Blabadon
Champ, did you get your missing trophies? I just realized I never got a trophy for Easy even though I beat it on Hard.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5386 jg4xchamp
No I never did. I figured since I'll probably play it again at the end of the year I'll just get it then.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5387 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Yeah I won't quote sean's thing, so more metro spoiler [spoiler] So I thought it was that? but I wasn't sure, so I googled stuff, and apparently there is this optional stretch where some lady is getting gang raped quite literally. And it's like a side thing you can "discover" which I think is just crazy. I mean you can save the lady or you can full on be too late. So maybe the Anna stuff is more implied, but game shows how shitty humanity is I guess [/spoiler] As much as I did enjoy Last Light, I need a stretch of games that are back to some fun old adventure stuff. jg4xchamp

Shit I mispelled the spoiler lol

and yeah...

[spoiler] I think I know the one you mean,It's in the tunnels on the tracks with the cart. You go off to the right and there's this woman kneeling down and two guys there harassing her. One guy's like "what are you waiting for" or some shit and you can kill them and save her. I was too late and she ended up dying. Made me feel horrible afterwards lol

[/spoiler]

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5388 jg4xchamp
Yeah cool stuff. Got a little bombastic as a game, but otherwise I finally started enjoying some parts of the narrative at the end. For both games its been the supernatural. I am willing to not call them pussified alternatives to Stalker now. Did you play it on Ranger?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5389 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Yeah cool stuff. Got a little bombastic as a game, but otherwise I finally started enjoying some parts of the narrative at the end. For both games its been the supernatural. I am willing to not call them pussified alternatives to Stalker now. Did you play it on Ranger?jg4xchamp

I only played on Normal but I meant to go back and play on Ranger. Just hadn't the time to do it yet. I heard it makes the game feel a bit more like the original ammo and filters wise. 

It's still crazy to think how good the game is when you think of the working conditions and budget the studio had to make it. They make a lot of other studios look like idiots

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5390 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Yeah cool stuff. Got a little bombastic as a game, but otherwise I finally started enjoying some parts of the narrative at the end. For both games its been the supernatural. I am willing to not call them pussified alternatives to Stalker now. Did you play it on Ranger?seanmcloughlin

I only played on Normal but I meant to go back and play on Ranger. Just hadn't the time to do it yet. I heard it makes the game feel a bit more like the original ammo and filters wise. 

It's still crazy to think how good the game is when you think of the working conditions and budget the studio had to make it. They make a lot of other studios look like idiots

Yeah I'm not into visuals or giving games credit too often for that, but that f*cking lighting man. Pretty clever stuff in how they use it for stealth. That kind of lighting with GOOD Splinter Cell gameplay? GOD DAMN WOULD Kind of lacking on the options visually. And yeah I wanna play it on Ranger, because that's how feel the game is meant to be played. Even on Hardcore I was pretty well supplied, and the only real difference was that mutants were spongy as shit. Ranger Mode Hardcore on 2033 was everyone dies in 1-2 shots, which was super cool when I got over how poorly that game played on a mechanical level. That said for very dumb stealth gameplay(some of the AI is just so funny with how dumb they are) was surprisingly a lot of fun if only because I really liked throwing knives at dudes. But that top level stuff is some ace shit. Mask getting f*cked up, covered in rain and dirt and blood, running out of air, large groups of beastly mutants, and a pretty dope shotgun in hand. Some tense ass shit. Good times.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5391 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Can't wait for the inevitable spoilercast for Beyond Two Souls. That game should bring some strong opinions and bring the lulz.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5392 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Yeah cool stuff. Got a little bombastic as a game, but otherwise I finally started enjoying some parts of the narrative at the end. For both games its been the supernatural. I am willing to not call them pussified alternatives to Stalker now. Did you play it on Ranger?jg4xchamp

Yeah I'm not into visuals or giving games credit too often for that, but that f*cking lighting man. Pretty clever stuff in how they use it for stealth. That kind of lighting with GOOD Splinter Cell gameplay? GOD DAMN WOULD Kind of lacking on the options visually. And yeah I wanna play it on Ranger, because that's how feel the game is meant to be played. Even on Hardcore I was pretty well supplied, and the only real difference was that mutants were spongy as shit. Ranger Mode Hardcore on 2033 was everyone dies in 1-2 shots, which was super cool when I got over how poorly that game played on a mechanical level. That said for very dumb stealth gameplay(some of the AI is just so funny with how dumb they are) was surprisingly a lot of fun if only because I really liked throwing knives at dudes. But that top level stuff is some ace shit. Mask getting f*cked up, covered in rain and dirt and blood, running out of air, large groups of beastly mutants, and a pretty dope shotgun in hand. Some tense ass shit. Good times.

More stealth games definitely need to use lighting to their advantage, not just hiding behind brick walls. I would love a Japanaese Assassin's Creed playing as a ninja in darkness

I was the same, throwing knives constantly whenever I had them. Made me feel like a boss but the enemies were a bit TOO well set up for stealthing around behind them. Like they had dumb patrol patterns staring at walls. 

The swamp level is my favourite section. Looks amazing, nice ambient sound effects, larger play area, tense monster battles and meaninful exploration. But the game feels really nice to sneak around in and slit dudes up. It shat all over 2033's stealth and shooting mechanics

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5393 Sweetbackhair
Eroica, I'm sorry but I won't be able to make it on Thursday can we reschedule?
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5394 TheEroica  Moderator
Eroica, I'm sorry but I won't be able to make it on Thursday can we reschedule?Sweetbackhair
sure! friday? sat? you tell me.
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5395 Sweetbackhair
[QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"]Eroica, I'm sorry but I won't be able to make it on Thursday can we reschedule?TheEroica
sure! friday? sat? you tell me.

I work until 9 PM (EST) on Friday, maybe a little after that I can do it.
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5396 Sweetbackhair
I saw that you have the RPG Maker Eroica, how is that by the way?
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5397 TheEroica  Moderator
I saw that you have the RPG Maker Eroica, how is that by the way?Sweetbackhair
I only effed around with it for a couple hours... its VERY deep... almost intimidatingly deep, but that said all the tools are there to make yourself a full fledge RPG. In fact I believe to the moon was made on it. ok, Ill check in with rage and heil to figure out a time... next week may work best.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5398 TheEroica  Moderator

Can't wait for the inevitable spoilercast for Beyond Two Souls. That game should bring some strong opinions and bring the lulz.

Nike_Air
wanna be on? I can't wait to play that game...
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5399 Sweetbackhair
[QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"]I saw that you have the RPG Maker Eroica, how is that by the way?TheEroica
I only effed around with it for a couple hours... its VERY deep... almost intimidatingly deep, but that said all the tools are there to make yourself a full fledge RPG. In fact I believe to the moon was made on it. ok, Ill check in with rage and heil to figure out a time... next week may work best.

That's fine if that's the case just let me know.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5400 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26102 Posts

RPG Maker is great. That's how I made System Wars: The Game.