Ok, I cant hold it in anymore, the Assassins Creed games are best of gen worthy.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#151 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

I'm one of those weird people that really liked the first one, so in that regard, I agree. Playing the second one now. Still fairly early on, but it isn't nearly as cool yet.

Hahadouken

??? Second one is incredible, first one is a missed opportunity. I did enjoy it but it got insanely repetitive and felt very empty the entire game. The second feels like an actual world, a real story. First one was too much like a history book and not enough like a novel. Just my opinion, but as a fan of the franchise I think 2 absolutely decimates 1.

To me that's one of the reasons it was better then the first.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 -Renegade

[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

The game is greatly bottlenecked by the crappy combat system.

TheEroica

am I the only one who maneuvers the combat in this game with ease? I cant even recall the last time I struggled in a fight. I love the counter/dodge system and reading the motion of the enemy, knowing what move I need to strike to break their defense, and the one hit executions in brotherhood give combat a very nice flow... remember, the AC games are about being an assassin so if your are johnny mudflaps running into bash skulls you may be missing the point.

Haha that's the problem with the series. To me it got worse in the second game.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 -Renegade
I bought AC2 two months ago used. I hated it. I'm going to force my self to beat it. Controls feel sloppy. Buttons change during different actions, making things more confusing. Reason to keep playing after killing the guy that killed ur ...... Well I had no reason.caseypayne69
That's another reason I really hated the AC2. The story it was terrible.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 -Renegade
I liked AC and AC2, but ACB was overrated, felt like AC2 DLC that got turned into a rushed to production retail game, the last two sequences were rushed, you only visit one city where other games had multiple cities, the game doesn't seem to have any masterly crafted story for as much effort they put into just making it ambiguous, I was hoping they'd retire Ezio by now, bring up another DNA memory ancestor, the only reason I think it did as well was because of the multiplayer, which is fun when it works, and that became so frustrating I stopped botheringlamprey263
I'm glad I skipped this one. I knew it came out too fast after AC2. AC is one of those games that should not be released yearly.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#155 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

I still need to try 2 and Brotherhood, but AC:1 was barely passable imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#156 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

i don't agree, even though ac2 is miles better then ac1 I still couldn't bother with the game after you met mario. I love the platforming in the game but the combat bore me to tears

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#157 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

The Assassins Creed franchise is probably the franchises that had the biggest descent from mediocrity to greatness. My thoughts:

Assassins Creed - Absolutely rubbish game
Assassins Creed 2 - Absolutely awesome game
Assassins Creed Brotherhood - Same as AC2, but more awesome.

The thing about the AC games is that it delivers an experience for me that no other game delivers, for one reason - the world actually feels alive. No other sandbox game creates a world as lively and realistic as the AC games. The details of the environments are indeed astounding and the ACB does deserve more praise for its graphics. Riding on a horse in the sunset through the countryside or scaling a church is just pure awesome. They really fixed the problems with the first game and there is just tons of stuff to do, I agree that the later games are some of the best this gen.

Edit: Can't believe I forgot the soundtracks of AC2 and ACB, they're simply beautiful. The atmosphere in these games just oozes authenticity and quality.

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

The Assassins Creed franchise is probably the franchises that had the biggest descent from mediocrity to greatness. My thoughts:

Asim90

I don't see how you can say AC is a rubbish game when the other games are based on it. It's a medieval game that doesn't have magic in it. Amazing! The flying hidden blade assassination is the best assassination type because it never gets old.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#159 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22707 Posts

I would agree that it's definitely one of the better new IP's this gen and I would say AC2 is one of my 3rd favorite game this gen.

I'm also about to borrow Ac brotherhood. Hopefully it's as good as 2.

Thefatness16
for me, so far its as good...
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 TheEroica  Moderator

hmmm so letss see here:

I hated the 1st one

skipped the 2nd one because the first one was soooo boring

only play the MP on the 3rd one.

there are many games that game out this gen that are better than AC like:

uncharted

gears of war

little big planet

dead space

MASS FEECT ( MY PERSONAL FAVORITE THIS GEN )

resistance

and im barely scraping the icing on the cake. AC is on the botton of that list.

gamespot4life
Mass Effect is on the top of my list as well... but AC is better than the other games you listed... resistance? haha really? not even close friend.
Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#161 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

I find them really repetitive actually. Brotherhood was certainly fun but nowhere near one of the best games of the gen.

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

[QUOTE="Asim90"]

LOXO7

I don't see how you can say AC is a rubbish game when the other games are based on it. It's a medieval game that doesn't have magic in it. Amazing! The flying hidden blade assassination is the best assassination type because it never gets old.

I say its rubbish because it lacks what the other games are good at - variety that keeps you engrossed. AC1 had the player repeating the same menial tasks, over and over again. It was just too boring.

Avatar image for charlesdarwin55
charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 charlesdarwin55
Member since 2010 • 2651 Posts

AC I = YES

AC 2= Maybe

ACB = Definetely not. Not even close. I'll give it a 7/10 at most just because the innovative multiplayer.

charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 charlesdarwin55
[QUOTE="caseypayne69"]I bought AC2 two months ago used. I hated it. I'm going to force my self to beat it. Controls feel sloppy. Buttons change during different actions, making things more confusing. Reason to keep playing after killing the guy that killed ur ...... Well I had no reason.-Renegade
That's another reason I really hated the AC2. The story it was terrible.

U thought AC2 story was terrible? Then u should really try brotherhood it'll make AC2 story seem worthy of a nobel prize in litterature.
charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 charlesdarwin55

Hey, Assassins Creen Brotherhood won a Writer's Guild Trophy. Good job!

VoodooHak
Wars, poverty, diseases. Despite this I always had some sort of faith in the world. But this, this was the last drop. ACB winning a Writer's Guild? Maybe the next Nobel Prize give the Peace prize to Hitler
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
As others had said my main issue with AC is the combat. I bought Batman AA at the same time and the difference is huge in this aspect. I haven't played Brotherhood yet and it sounds like they have done improvement (maybe inspired by Batman?). Other problems is that the stealth is a bit shallow. I mean u can't even dodge! I've also encountered a fair number of bugs and broken missions.

Despite these issues I must admit I absolutely love AC :D!!! Scaling buildings, parkour, the catholic mysticism, kill animations, the environlents, is nothing short of amazing! I've visited Venice, Toscany and Florence and they have captured the feel of these towns brilliantly. It really is a work of art. Could they just improve the gameplay...
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

AC I = YES

AC 2= Maybe

ACB = Definetely not. Not even close. I'll give it a 7/10 at most just because the innovative multiplayer.

charlesdarwin55
Yeah this definitely backwards. I call shenanigans.
charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 charlesdarwin55

[QUOTE="charlesdarwin55"]

AC I = YES

AC 2= Maybe

mrmusicman247

GTFO flametroll

ACI had it's issues but it had a great story and it was still assassins creed unlike this brotherhood **** which has the worst story of humankind and really they should rename it to something like this:

Warriors creed

Army vs Army

Battlefield

Call of duty: Ancient warfare

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 mrmusicman247

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="charlesdarwin55"]

AC I = YES

AC 2= Maybe

charlesdarwin55

GTFO flametroll

ACI had it's issues but it had a great story and it was still assassins creed unlike this brotherhood **** which has the worst story of humankind and really they should rename it to something like this:

Warriors creed

Army vs Army

Battlefield

Shenanigans fer sure. ACB was the best game in the series. Nearly perfecting the combat. Adding the brotherhood system. A buttload of sidemissions. And finally giving me a crossbow.
charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 charlesdarwin55

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"] Yeah this definitely backwards. I call shenanigans. mrmusicman247

GTFO flametroll

Warriors creed

Army vs Army

Battlefield

Shenanigans fer sure. ACB was the best game in the series. Nearly perfecting the combat. Adding the brotherhood system. A buttload of sidemissions. And finally giving me a crossbow.

The combat sucked and was totally unrealistic and proves my previous point. This is Assassin's Creed you shouldn't be able to take out an entire army. You're suppose to be stealthy and 4 enemies against you=dead. They should really just take the demon's souls battle system and i your're not stealthy you should be punished. The brotherhood system again while it's nothing wrong with it it further undermines the stealth and makesthis more remind me of aopen war than the secret war it supposed to be. That'sanother thing theirs no mysticism in this game you don't belong toa secret organization but a guerilla that goes around in open daylight reqruitning members and killing anyone in sight. Sidemissions? why would I want even moreof this crap? And crossbow, how is that an achivement of any kind? Go to BlOps and you can play with a crossbow too.

Now even if all this was positive contributions how can it compensate for the worst story of all time, of all time, tons of framerate issues and alot of ther crap.¨

Assassins creed Brohood=

Giovanni: *In a very stereotypically italian way*senor Ezio u most go to the Roooma.

Ezio: *In a very stereotypically italian way* Si, molto bene I will. Grazie di tutto di frigolito diba-bare-boopa

In Roooma

Ezio: Ok everyone I am here. Wait uno momento *kills 20 people*.I am an Assassino and our headquarter is over there but don't tell anyone ok? I am going to our headquarter now.

*Going to the headquarters leaving a trail of 30 corpses*

Machievelli: Oh ezio bon giorno I am so happy to see you ba-bare-boopi. We just found out that the entire french army is just 10 meters that way...boopi.

Ezio: Molto Bene. Let's go kill them.

Machievelli: Don't we need a plan?

Ezio: No don't you remember I can take out 1000 guys all by myself?

Machiavelli: Oh yeah.

Ezio: Molto Bene.

Machivelli: Wanna make out?

Ezio: No

THE END

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 mrmusicman247

charlesdarwin55

I don't understand this at all. You claim AC:B sucks but AC1 was better?

EDIT: Oh and btw the game isn't Theif. Stealth isn't it whole premise. You should have learned that from the first game.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#172 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

[QUOTE="VoodooHak"]

charlesdarwin55

Wars, poverty, diseases. Despite this I always had some sort of faith in the world. But this, this was the last drop. ACB winning a Writer's Guild? Maybe the next Nobel Prize give the Peace prize to Hitler

Pretty obvious you didn't read the article.

charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 charlesdarwin55

mrmusicman247

EDIT: Oh and btw the game isn't Theif. Stealth isn't it whole premise. You should have learned that from the first game.

ACI had its issues. The biggest improvements in ACII was day & night cycle and swimming but also many others.

But ACI had a great deep story with deep &interesting characters that evolves through the game. Also, although Altair & co knew how to fight, u still had to be careful and plan before you strike your target, if you get discovered u could fight but it was hard if it was too many so the best option was to flee. So yes they where true assassins now they're just warriors. The investigation system wasn't perfect but it was a good starting point and when they removed it it took all the wrong direction in the two following games.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

certainly one of my favorites this gen, but i can see why a lot of people wouldn't like it.

charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 charlesdarwin55

[QUOTE="charlesdarwin55"][QUOTE="VoodooHak"]

VoodooHak

Pretty obvious you didn't read the article.

Maybe it's cause I am from Sweden but didn't the article say they got an award for the best story in a video game that year?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#176 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

The first game is far too repetitive for its own good. The sequels are good games, but they are still rough around the edges. The combat is far too simple and unsatisfying, the stealth mechanics are far too limited, and the mission structure is still in some need for more variety. The art direction is always really good. I love the cities in Ass Creed. Nice and pretty. All in all though they are good games, but not great ones to be quite frank. Wouldn't put em up as the best of the gen.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 mrmusicman247

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]

charlesdarwin55

ACI had its issues. The biggest improvements in ACII was day & night cycle and swimming but also many others.

But ACI had a great deep story with deep &interesting characters that evolves through the game. Also, although Altair & co knew how to fight, u still had to be careful and plan before you strike your target, if you get discovered u could fight but it was hard if it was too many so the best option was to flee. So yes they where true assassins now they're just warriors. The investigation system wasn't perfect but it was a good starting point and when they removed it it took all the wrong direction in the two following games.

Same thing with AC2 and Brotherhood. Although it's not every mission on certain missions if you get caught, you can't fight your way out because your target will flee and you have to fight off guards. AC2 and Brotherhood had side missions. Very important in a sandbox games. If you don't want to do them, you don't have to. That's the beauty of SIDE missions. The platforming was also improved running and climbing have gotten a lot smoother. And as for story and characters, Altair presented himself as a badass. Like he could take on an army himself. Ezio in AC2 was young and naive which is why it was very different than Altair. Brotherhood, he was similar to Altair.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#178 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

No. Not at all.

charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 charlesdarwin55

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]

mrmusicman247

Same thing with AC2 and Brotherhood. Although it's not every mission on certain missions if you get caught, you can't fight your way out because your target will flee and you have to fight off guards. AC2 and Brotherhood had side missions. Very important in a sandbox games. If you don't want to do them, you don't have to. That's the beauty of SIDE missions. The platforming was also improved running and climbing have gotten a lot smoother. And as for story and characters, Altair presented himself as a badass. Like he could take on an army himself. Ezio in AC2 was young and naive which is why it was very different than Altair. Brotherhood, he was similar to Altair.

What was same thing? I really hope you're not referring to the story or characters. Wut? I don't think side missions are that important. They're often pretty shallow anyway. Instead if they make the main missions deeper and incorproate side missions within the main mission I think that's even better if u understand me(I think they did this pretty well in AC2 if I remember correctly). But yeah didn't say ACI was perfect but it was such a good starting point that they totally ruined especially with brotherhood. Climbing has only gotten more unrealistic.

Yes Altair did that but he was taken down to earth and developsfrom that andif you remember correctly he was also very naive but grows from that too as each target givehim another perspective. AC2 Ezio=young and naive ACB Ezio=Old and naive, he trusts pretty much anyone he spares rodrigo and that templar assassin (even though he had no problem killin 1000 people before that)

And you forget that Ezio is actually one of the most interesting characters of ACB while Altair was the most unintresting in ACI. All the villains where more interesting with deep personalities and to you contraditing ideals and they gave perspective. Malik and Al-Mu3alim was also very interesting.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 mrmusicman247

charlesdarwin55

What was same thing? I really hope you're not referring to the story or characters. Wut? I don't think side missions are that important. They're often pretty shallow anyway. Instead if they make the main missions deeper and incorproate side missions within the main mission I think that's even better if u understand me(I think they did this pretty well in AC2 if I remember correctly). But yeah didn't say ACI was perfect but it was such a good starting point that they totally ruined especially with brotherhood. Climbing has only gotten more unrealistic.

Yes Altair did that but he was taken down to earth and developsfrom that andif you remember correctly he was also very naive but grows from that too as each target givehim another perspective. AC2 Ezio=young and naive ACB Ezio=Old and naive, he trusts pretty much anyone he spares rodrigo and that templar assassin (even though he had no problem killin 1000 people before that)

And you forget that Ezio is actually one of the most interesting characters of ACB while Altair was the most unintresting in ACI. All the villains where more interesting with deep personalities and to you contraditing ideals and they gave perspective. Malik and Al-Mu3alim was also very interesting.

I thought Cesare Borgia was the most interesting villain. Also Ezio gave a reason for keeping Rodrigo alive. I forget what the reason was though.
charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 charlesdarwin55

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"] Same thing with AC2 and Brotherhood. Although it's not every mission on certain missions if you get caught, you can't fight your way out because your target will flee and you have to fight off guards. AC2 and Brotherhood had side missions. Very important in a sandbox games. If you don't want to do them, you don't have to. That's the beauty of SIDE missions. The platforming was also improved running and climbing have gotten a lot smoother. And as for story and characters, Altair presented himself as a badass. Like he could take on an army himself. Ezio in AC2 was young and naive which is why it was very different than Altair. Brotherhood, he was similar to Altair. mrmusicman247

I thought Cesare Borgia was the most interesting villain. Also Ezio gave a reason for keeping Rodrigo alive. I forget what the reason was though.

Really? You gotta be kidding. It's of course a matter of oppinion whether he is interesting or not but you gotta admit he is extremely shallow &one-dimensional, he has three attribute; Ruthless, Powehungry & 100% evil. Compared to the villains in ACI whowhere very deep; even though they, according to you, did bad deads they did it with good intentions, they gave you perspective and the dialogue after you killed them was very rewarding and made you think. And all in their own special way & I remember one of them really made you think about God, life & death. Point isno one was 100% evil and I still don't know who was the good guy in that story and who was the bad. Except for Malik he was sooo kewl. Anyway that is what I call a deep unlike ACB where it's basically the cliche good vs evil where the good is 100% good & the bad 100% bad. ACI story could IMO be made into a movie or book and actually be really good if made right.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#183 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

People who think AC's story is story simply do not have the brain cells to understand it or are ignorant about history. AC's storyline is the best work of historical fiction to date anywhere.

Aku101

no its called an opinion. To me its got a good idea for the story but its execution and writing is horrible in the story department. Not to mention some of the worst characters this gen. Flat and one dimensional characters that I dont care about in the least.

Nice graphics and setting but thats about all that AC offers to me. The repetative gameplay gets boring very fast, as does the lame characters.

charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 charlesdarwin55

People who think AC's story is story simply do not have the brain cells to understand it or are ignorant about history. AC's storyline is the best work of historical fiction to date anywhere.

Aku101

You sir are 33% correct.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Aku101
Member since 2009 • 2114 Posts

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

kozzy1234

no its called an opinion. To me its got a good idea for the story but its execution and writing is horrible in the story department. Not to mention some of the worst characters this gen.

Nice graphics and setting but thats about all that AC offers to me. The repetative gameplay gets boring very fast, as does the lame characters.

If you knew anything about history, the characters in the game(Borgias) are portrayed exactly the way they were back then. :|

charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 charlesdarwin55

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

kozzy1234

no its called an opinion. To me its got a good idea for the story but its execution and writing is horrible in the story department. Not to mention some of the worst characters this gen. Flat and one dimensional characters that I dont care about in the least.

You sir are 67% correct.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#187 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

Aku101

no its called an opinion. To me its got a good idea for the story but its execution and writing is horrible in the story department. Not to mention some of the worst characters this gen.

If you knew anything about history, the characters in the game(Borgias) are portrayed exactly the way they were back then. :|

I actually do know alot about history, nice try though! The game has a nice IDEA for the story, but the actual writing and storytelling is not very good at all.

its like they said "here is a great setting and idea for the story.... do your thing to it!" and then the person totalyl messed it up with flat characters and a boring story in an otherwise awesome setting.

When I play AC I honestly dont care about any of the characters, they are not interesting at all.

There is so much there in AC for an awesome game but that awesome game just hasnt been reached yet imo. They need to focuse more on characters, story and gameplay instead of flashy graphics. I want to be pulled into the story and really feel like I am playing the role of this character. As it is now its just repetative game with horrible characters and a good idea for a story wasted.

Just my honest opinion, I own the first two AC games and I want the series to be awesome but I just have not seen an awesome game out of this seris yet.

Way to much fighting and not enough character development, fleshed out story, more variety in gameplay or well written dialogue imo. The series just hasnt hit its full ptential imo, its jsut way to much boring fighting.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Aku101

charlesdarwin55

Really? You gotta be kidding. It's of course a matter of oppinion whether he is interesting or not but you gotta admit he is extremely shallow &one-dimensional, he has three attribute; Ruthless, Powehungry & 100% evil. Compared to the villains in ACI whowhere very deep; even though they, according to you, did bad deads they did it with good intentions, they gave you perspective and the dialogue after you killed them was very rewarding and made you think. And all in their own special way & I remember one of them really made you think about God, life & death. Point isno one was 100% evil and I still don't know who was the good guy in that story and who was the bad. Except for Malik he was sooo kewl. Anyway that is what I call a deep unlike ACB where it's basically the cliche good vs evil where the good is 100% good & the bad 100% bad. ACI story could IMO be made into a movie or book and actually be really good if made right.

Yes, let's make rodrigo and cesare brogia have more depth to them and make them have redeemable qualities so to not be cliche, even if historical accounts prove that they were complete utter dbags. :roll:

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

Definitely one of the better action adventure IPs this gen, but still, the combat is just balls. Exploration and tech behind it is impressive, but christ, fix the combat.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16542 Posts

I'll agree with you on graphics for Assasins Creed 2. In some ways it definitely has better graphics than uncharted 2//killzone 2 and 3/gears/halo reach. I have all of these games so Im just telling it the way I see it. But the gameplay itself is kind of repetetive after a while. In fact Ive lost the motivation to play the game unfortunately. I think the climax was assasinating the bastard who killed your father and brothers, and that was at the very start of the game....what a dumb idea putting the climax at the start. Since then its been going downhill.

charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 charlesdarwin55
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

I actually do know alot about history, nice try though! The game has a nice IDEA for the story, but the actual writing and storytelling is not very good at all.

its like they said "here is a great setting and idea for the story.... do your thing to it!" and then the person totalyl messed it up with flat characters and a boring story in an otherwise awesome setting.

When I play AC I honestly dont care about any of the characters, they are not interesting at all.

There is so much there in AC for an awesome game but that awesome game just hasnt been reached yet imo. They need to focuse more on characters, story and gameplay instead of flashy graphics. I want to be pulled into the story and really feel like I am playing the role of this character. As it is now its just repetative game with horrible characters and a good idea for a story wasted.

Just my honest opinion, I own the first two AC games and I want the series to be awesome but I just have not seen an awesome game out of this seris yet.

Way to much fighting and not enough character development, fleshed out story, more variety in gameplay or well written dialogue imo. The series just hasnt hit its full ptential imo, its jsut way to much boring fighting.

This is certanly true for ACII and certanly brotherhood but ACI had some of the most interesting characters of gaming. That's not my oppinion but pure facts. And they way it was presented by hearing their thought when they're about to die. Man that game was just pure genious.
charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 charlesdarwin55

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"] I thought Cesare Borgia was the most interesting villain. Also Ezio gave a reason for keeping Rodrigo alive. I forget what the reason was though. Aku101

Yes, let's make rodrigo and cesare brogia have more depth to them and make them have redeemable qualities so to not be cliche, even if historical accounts prove that they were complete utter dbags. :roll:

1) Does history also prove that beneath the vatican you can go and chat with alien minerva?

2) History doesn't say anything. I'm sure even he had some interesting qualities.

3) How about using another villain then? Someone interesting.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

charlesdarwin55

1) Does history also prove that beneath the vatican you can go and chat with alien minerva?

2) History doesn't say anything. I'm sure even he had some interesting qualities.

Whoa whoa whoa... people I cant believe that people are nitpicking the story of this game. I mean really??????? are we even playing the same game? with all the overlooked potential that todays modern gaming presents towards story, you people are bashing one of the few games this generation with a beautiful branching fleshed out story that has equal parts LOST and Da vinci code qualities... REALLY PEOPLE?! do me a favor, go play killzone 3 or Final Fantasy 13 and dont play any further creed games... I cant live knowing people are this ignorant to a good narrative.
charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 charlesdarwin55

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

TheEroica

Whoa whoa whoa... people I cant believe that people are nitpicking the story of this game. I mean really??????? are we even playing the same game? with all the overlooked potential that todays modern gaming presents towards story, you people are bashing one of the few games this generation with a beautiful branching fleshed out story that has equal parts LOST and Da vinci code qualities... REALLY PEOPLE?! do me a favor, go play killzone 3 or Final Fantasy 13 and dont play any further creed games... I cant live knowing people are this ignorant to a good narrative.

Care to elaborate?

charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 charlesdarwin55

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

TheEroica

Ok this is like lol.

I didn't know KZ3 was out yet.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#196 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
The first game sucked. 2 was great. Haven't played Brotherhood yet.
charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 charlesdarwin55

ACB

The good:

• Parkour
  • Graphics
  • Setting
  • Music
  • Multiplayer

The bad:

• Crappiest story of all time, including characters
  • Crappy voice acting
  • Tons of framerate issues
  • Not enough stealth (it's more a matter of taking your army and beat the crap out of another army)
  • Combat is so easy it gets boring fast
  • Annoying missions (i.e. some missions you get desychronized if one guardsees you 1 sec before he dies but it's no problem leaving 5 corpses for everyone to see)
  • Lots of freezing (for me anyway)
charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 charlesdarwin55

Now look at ACI

The good:

• Excellent story
  • Parkour
  • Graphics
  • Setting
  • Music

At least better than ACB:

• Although not fully deveoped system you had to plan your missions and be careful and use stealth
  • Combat not fully developed either but more challenging than now.
    The bad:
  • No day night cycle
  • No swimming
  • Maybe not enough to do besides the main mission.

So the only thing that ACB has added is multiplayer cause all this;

• Day night cycle
  • Swimming
  • Enough to do besides the main mission
    + more was added in ACII
Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Aku101

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

charlesdarwin55

1. We're talking about characters, so your point is invalid.

2. The Borgia family were known for their incestual relations, nepotism, extreme hedonism etc. Just because you don't find repulsive qualities interesting doesn't mean the characters are uninteresting. Maybe you prefer cliche qualities such as characters being emo and filled with angst but yet are geniuses etc found in many garbage yet popular JRPGs and anime.

3. The Borgias are the most interesting villains in gaming to date. Rodrigo having sex with his daughter Lucrezia isn't an interesting fact? Well now you know.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="charlesdarwin55"]

charlesdarwin55

Care to elaborate?

yes I would... The story behind Assassins creed is gripping in many respects... its weaving of history and fiction, its constant feeling of chasing the carrot at the end of the stick and its ability to create a world within a world to what end is becoming filled with intrigue and fueled by fantastic characters (yes, ezio whether you like it or not is one of the best characters this generation) and beautiful flowing design that adds to the stories thick plot. Its not a series that rests on graphics, or gimicks or any one device, but instead laces every fine characteristic of gaming together to an incredibly high quality. If you want to "lol" at my killzone3 comment, then fine... yup havent played it yet, but from most every account, the space nazi theme is quite a bit tired and weak, but if thats your thing than good luck to you. If you cant see the correlation with raising historical conspiracies, secret societies and the second guessing of the world we live in and the "history" we believe as dictated in such books as the da vinci code, than great... im not about to read you a bedtime story to bring you up to speed... but if you want to look at the climate of video games and the every narrowing bridge between entertainment/art/games, then it doesnt take a rocket scientist nor a history buff to appreciate the excellent story telling in the first three chapters of these games. Its not war and peace, and its not the odyssey, but thank god in heaven its not 99% of these garbage narratives that think i must be an idiot and care nothing for spinning a good yarn... I hope in killzone 3 they kill the space nazis once and for all....