Ok, I cant hold it in anymore, the Assassins Creed games are best of gen worthy.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22630 Posts

Yup I said it and I absolutly mean it... the AC games (mostly 2 and brotherhood) are so good in most every aspect that I just cant overlook them for best of generation status... I enjoyed them more than Uncharted, Gears, Halo... the list goes on and on and I believe its because of the following...

Graphics- absolutly top notch in every way. not just this fact but god, the settings and historical locations and recreations of these amazing citys is just astounding. I seriously would stack the overall presentation graphically for assassins creed up against just about anything this generation and AC would win.

Presentation- the gorgeous music mixed with the bustling villas and cityscapes, the to overall idea that you are plugged into this machine and the game acts accordingly during death sequences and missions is just excellent. There is nothing to nitpick, nothing!

Gameplay- I CANT GET ENOUGH... I try to put the controller down and I cant... i simply cant. one more purchase, one more tower, one more assassination contract, one more, one more!!!! ugh from climbing to swinging to arial assassinations to leaps of faith, the gameplay is perhaps the very best all generation. period. yup, BETTER than uncharted, BETTER than Red Dead, Better than any open world game or not. I cant give this game enough credit for keeping a controller in my hand.

Game Flow- This is the big one for me, the one that puts it over the top that trumps every game including my favorite game this gen Mass Effect 2. The AC games flow from mission to mision and task to varied task INCREDIBLY well. there is never down time and never a moment of "what do I do next". I played through AC1 very thoroughly and while yes it was a fairly repeetitve game, the sequals offer no such lull... Simply amazing.

Story- Im a huge sci-fi fan and I never miss the history channel specials on roman history, need I say more about how I feel about the story? for me the story is an incredibly bright and welcomed addition to an already amazing game that could stand on gameplay alone...

I know my opinions are exactly that, opinions, but on a board where fanboys live in a world where the only thing that matters is exclusive titles, I want to point out that these games do it better than most of the rest, yup even your precious exclusives.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts
Yeah, Assassins Creed ain't that good. Infant I think it's one of the crappier franchises this gen.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

I disagree. I barely made it through AC II and still haven't finished Brotherhood. They are very good games, but I find them a little boring and some of the mechanics aren't very well done, namely the platforming and the combat. Still, highly enjoyable. AC was my most anticipated title coming into this gen, so I was a little disappointed by the game.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheEroica  Moderator

I disagree. I barely made it through AC II and still haven't finished Brotherhood. They are very good games, but I find them a little boring and some of the mechanics aren't very well done, namely the platforming and the combat. Still, highly enjoyable. AC was my most anticipated title coming into this gen, so I was a little disappointed by the game.

Pug-Nasty
really? how can the combat get you down? especially in brotherhood with its one hit executions? so very well done. I will admit that sometimes I get a little frustrated if I cant find my way up a tower, but uh, thats the point. its a challenge.
xLFTMx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xLFTMx
Member since 2010 • 987 Posts

AC 1 was dull and repetitive.

AC 2 was definitely a improvement, but so boring I still haven't finished it.

Best series this gen? Not at all. Fun games though.

HellsAngel2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 HellsAngel2c
Member since 2004 • 5540 Posts
Yeah... no. The Ac series suffers from bad story, annoying-that-turns-to-boring gameplay and a soundtrack that is so unremarkable I didn't realise it had one. Saying that. they're still fun ga,es to play, but no way can they compete with other titles out there.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

It's very good, and II certainly improved on the forumla, but it still gets repetitive, and the story isn't all that powerful.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

It isn't anywhere near.

deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts

Yeah it's easily in my top five.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
We rarely get this much AC haters around here. anyways TC, I wouldn't say it's the best, but it is definitely one of the best new series this gen.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

I'm one of those weird people that really liked the first one, so in that regard, I agree. Playing the second one now. Still fairly early on, but it isn't nearly as cool yet.

sinpkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sinpkr
Member since 2010 • 1255 Posts

i disliked how they made the assasins in the second one not feel assassiny enogh(lol) . i just liked the feeling of the first game more. plus i dint get any WOW factor assasinations in the second installment

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
They're certainly in contention if you ask me. Best new IP this gen, they could be among the winners of that race, along with Uncharted, Red Dead...
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
Nah. It's an excellent new IP with tons of potential to become a very long-lasting franchise; but it's not the best new IP this gen nor the best game.
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
They're certainly in contention if you ask me. Best new IP this gen, they could be among the winners of that race, along with Uncharted, Red Dead...Hahadouken
Red Dead isn't a new IP.
LankyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LankyKong
Member since 2011 • 2678 Posts

I played the first two and they were prettyboring.

Grovilis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#17 Grovilis
Member since 2008 • 3728 Posts

I stopped playing the games after AC 2. It just basically became "Here's your target. Go kill him" rather than trying to find as much information about your target and his location as possible so that you can create an effective strategy for the mission

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hahadouken

I'm one of those weird people that really liked the first one, so in that regard, I agree. Playing the second one now. Still fairly early on, but it isn't nearly as cool yet.

DarkLink77
??? Second one is incredible, first one is a missed opportunity. I did enjoy it but it got insanely repetitive and felt very empty the entire game. The second feels like an actual world, a real story. First one was too much like a history book and not enough like a novel. Just my opinion, but as a fan of the franchise I think 2 absolutely decimates 1.
babyeatermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 babyeatermax
Member since 2010 • 272 Posts
Don't know what games you were playing, the AC series has horrible graphics. Clipping and screen tearing EVERYWHERE.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hahadouken
[QUOTE="Hahadouken"]They're certainly in contention if you ask me. Best new IP this gen, they could be among the winners of that race, along with Uncharted, Red Dead...rolo107
Red Dead isn't a new IP.

Okay, fair enough. Revolver is a totally, totally different game, but you're right, technically.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="funsohng"]We rarely get this much AC haters around here. anyways TC, I wouldn't say it's the best, but it is definitely one of the best new series this gen.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 are my "the best" games... but yeah, AC is right up there. I go into each game thinking "yeah, 30 to 40 hours of decent fun" and come out of them thinking, wow... I could play this game till the end of time. I find absolutly no fault in what the other posters are saying. Bad story? really? its completely intriguing. something I didnt mention, Ezio is top 3 characters this generation easily, hard to deny that.
travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

The first one was really fun...until it started to get repetitive.

The second one was awesome, though. Still need to finish it.

Not played Brotherhood yet.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheEroica  Moderator

DarkLink77
youre not weird... AC1 was fantastic... I loved it. I only got tired of it when I had exhausted every other thing to do but collect flags. ACII was better in most every way. it does start a little slow, but it picks up quick. I 1000/1000 pointed that game. couldnt get enough.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hahadouken
Don't know what games you were playing, the AC series has horrible graphics. Clipping and screen tearing EVERYWHERE.babyeatermax
"Horrible"? Nice use of hyperbole. The only open-world game that beats it is Red Dead... or Crysis, god I hate that I have to post that obligatory hurpadurp Crysisisasandboxgame crap because I know someone will jump on it.
xLFTMx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xLFTMx
Member since 2010 • 987 Posts

[QUOTE="funsohng"]We rarely get this much AC haters around here. anyways TC, I wouldn't say it's the best, but it is definitely one of the best new series this gen.TheEroica
Mass Effect 1 and 2 are my "the best" games... but yeah, AC is right up there. I go into each game thinking "yeah, 30 to 40 hours of decent fun" and come out of them thinking, wow... I could play this game till the end of time. I find absolutly no fault in what the other posters are saying. Bad story? really? its completely intriguing. something I didnt mention, Ezio is top 3 characters this generation easily, hard to deny that.

I hated Ezio.

So many better new characters this gen.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#26 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Assassin's Creed Hate?

Impossible! I'm with TC on this one. I love Assassin's Creed!

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

Pug-Nasty

i agree, while i love my platformers the platforming in the AC games is busted to hell, but i still enjoyed climbing buildings and running across rooftops. the combat is nothing write home about either (i haven't played brotherhood yet). AC2 seemed a bit too long for it's own good, the final 6 or so hours seemed to drag on forever. it's still a very well done game, the scenery is nice to look at and the story isn't half bad, i can see why a lot of people would enjoy it. it's just nowhere near the best this gen for me.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheEroica  Moderator

I stopped playing the games after AC 2. It just basically became "Here's your target. Go kill him" rather than trying to find as much information about your target and his location as possible so that you can create an effective strategy for the mission

Grovilis
how is it possible that the only thing you took from the hundreds of possible things to do, from building towns and gaining currancy to rooftop races to all those amazing platforming segments in hidden tombs etc, that you got... "heres your target go kill him" from the entire experience?
Grovilis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Grovilis

[QUOTE="babyeatermax"]Don't know what games you were playing, the AC series has horrible graphics. Clipping and screen tearing EVERYWHERE.Hahadouken
"Horrible"? Nice use of hyperbole. The only open-world game that beats it is Red Dead... or Crysis, god I hate that I have to post that obligatory hurpadurp Crysisisasandboxgame crap because I know someone will jump on it.

Just Cause 2 also beats it, IMO. Especially maxed out on the PC. The AC games still look good, though.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

Assassins Creed is definitely one of the best series this gen. Maybe not the best, but certainly one of the best.

I like AC1. It does get repetitive and I had to force myself to finish, but while it was fun, I had an absolute blast playing it.

AC2 and The Brotherhood are amazing games. I enjoyed both a lot. Although, both AC2 and BH IMO had some serious framerate issues. Maybe it is just because I played both on the PS3, or it's just one of those games that need to be in 60fps.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#31 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
asscreed? nah man, i didn't have any fun whatsoever playing ac or ac2. the best new franchise of the generation should go to something like crysis imo.
babyeatermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 babyeatermax
Member since 2010 • 272 Posts
[QUOTE="babyeatermax"]Don't know what games you were playing, the AC series has horrible graphics. Clipping and screen tearing EVERYWHERE.Hahadouken

Not hyperbole. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-assassins-creed-ii-face-off-article The game is unplayable on PS3.
Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

Assumption's Creed was kind of cool, but it's getting kind of silly. (Guns in 1500?)

The gameplay always irritated me, it seems the game tries to do everything for you when maneuvering up and around obstacles. "Go left!" *goes right*

Grovilis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Grovilis

[QUOTE="Grovilis"]

TheEroica

how is it possible that the only thing you took from the hundreds of possible things to do, from building towns and gaining currancy to rooftop races to all those amazing platforming segments in hidden tombs etc, that you got... "heres your target go kill him" from the entire experience?

I was talking about the assassination missions. The real meat of the game. I just like how the first AC had you search for as much info on your target as possible before going on an assassination mission. It just kind of built up the moment, IMO

Seiki_sands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 Seiki_sands
Member since 2003 • 1973 Posts

I'll remember them as some of the best this generation. They have their Ubisoft quirks, nothing can ever just be simple and natural with Ubisoft, but all in all yep, great. Memorable settings and characters, a very cool online implementation in Brotherhood, and cool fluid animations and combat. Even the quirky movement and platforming with its glitching and all the stops and stutters of movement is entertaining, not intentionally, but still entertaining in a bad early Resident Evil voice work kind of way.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Hahadouken
??? Second one is incredible, first one is a missed opportunity. I did enjoy it but it got insanely repetitive and felt very empty the entire game. The second feels like an actual world, a real story. First one was too much like a history book and not enough like a novel. Just my opinion, but as a fan of the franchise I think 2 absolutely decimates 1.

To be honest with you, I was just really taken in by the setting of the first one. Having it take place during The Crusades was just really cool. I also liked the visual style more in the first. It felt more gritty. But, like I said, I'm not very far into the second one yet.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Hahadouken
[QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="babyeatermax"]Don't know what games you were playing, the AC series has horrible graphics. Clipping and screen tearing EVERYWHERE.babyeatermax

Not hyperbole. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-assassins-creed-ii-face-off-article The game is unplayable on PS3.

Well I must be Superman because not only did I play ACII on PS3, I got 95% trophies. /flex Yes, hyperbole. Horrible graphics: Big Rigs. Not Assassin's Creed II.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I loved the series, but the Mass Effect series is better for me.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheEroica  Moderator

Assassins Creed is definitely one of the best series this gen. Maybe not the best, but certainly one of the best.

I like AC1. It does get repetitive and I had to force myself to finish, but while it was fun, I had an absolute blast playing it.

AC2 and The Brotherhood are amazing games. I enjoyed both a lot. Although, both AC2 and BH IMO had some serious framerate issues. Maybe it is just because I played both on the PS3, or it's just one of those games that need to be in 60fps.

AmayaPapaya
I have them on the 360 and I didnt notice any slow down in either 2 or BH but I have noticed some screen tearing from time to time, nowhere near a reason to hate on the game though... if recreating an entire historical city to accuracy means some small screen tear, I think I can give it a pass.
Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Headpopper333
Member since 2009 • 924 Posts

Yup I said it and I absolutly mean it... the AC games (mostly 2 and brotherhood) are so good in most every aspect that I just cant overlook them for best of generation status... I enjoyed them more than Uncharted, Gears, Halo... the list goes on and on and I believe its because of the following...

Graphics- absolutly top notch in every way. not just this fact but god, the settings and historical locations and recreations of these amazing citys is just astounding. I seriously would stack the overall presentation graphically for assassins creed up against just about anything this generation and AC would win.

Presentation- the gorgeous music mixed with the bustling villas and cityscapes, the to overall idea that you are plugged into this machine and the game acts accordingly during death sequences and missions is just excellent. There is nothing to nitpick, nothing!

Gameplay- I CANT GET ENOUGH... I try to put the controller down and I cant... i simply cant. one more purchase, one more tower, one more assassination contract, one more, one more!!!! ugh from climbing to swinging to arial assassinations to leaps of faith, the gameplay is perhaps the very best all generation. period. yup, BETTER than uncharted, BETTER than Red Dead, Better than any open world game or not. I cant give this game enough credit for keeping a controller in my hand.

Game Flow- This is the big one for me, the one that puts it over the top that trumps every game including my favorite game this gen Mass Effect 2. The AC games flow from mission to mision and task to varied task INCREDIBLY well. there is never down time and never a moment of "what do I do next". I played through AC1 very thoroughly and while yes it was a fairly repeetitve game, the sequals offer no such lull... Simply amazing.

Story- Im a huge sci-fi fan and I never miss the history channel specials on roman history, need I say more about how I feel about the story? for me the story is an incredibly bright and welcomed addition to an already amazing game that could stand on gameplay alone...

I know my opinions are exactly that, opinions, but on a board where fanboys live in a world where the only thing that matters is exclusive titles, I want to point out that these games do it better than most of the rest, yup even your precious exclusives.

TheEroica

Guess you love screen tearing then, because every AC game has it. The developera are garbage and this is your opinion. I'm stating fact when it comes to the developers coding a game without it screen tearing all over the place. inFamous for PS3 has zero screen tearing and it's just as massive with gorgeous graphics. AC sucks dude. And since you brought exclusives into it, inFamous wipes the floor with this garbage in terms of quality. Go play the first AC game on PS3 and then play inFamous, you have got to be kidding me. Unlike you, I have played both and I have to say you're a deranged AC fanboy.

ultrapc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ultrapc
Member since 2010 • 808 Posts

Not even close , check this review to see what's wrong with the game .

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

To be honest with you, I was just really taken in by the setting of the first one. Having it take place during The Crusades was just really cool. I also liked the visual style more in the first. It felt more gritty. But, like I said, I'm not very far into the second one yet.

I absolutly LOVE the setting of AC1. I agree... AC2 took some time for me to buy into setting wise, but once I realized that this time frame offered just as much maybe more in different ways, I fell in love. p.s. VERY small spoiler. if you miss the crusades your gonna love a very small segment late in the game....
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
[QUOTE="funsohng"]We rarely get this much AC haters around here. anyways TC, I wouldn't say it's the best, but it is definitely one of the best new series this gen.TheEroica

er, i hated Ezio, not near the top 3 or 10 either or anything imo. but i do enjoy the assassin's creed games, pumped for 3, effing twists and such.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheEroica  Moderator

Not even close , check this review to see what's wrong with the game .

ultrapc
why do I need to to watch a video to "see whats wrong with the game" Im pretty sure I just wrote quite a bit expressing everything that right with it and amongst a sea of now generation games, exclusives included, its one of the best.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="funsohng"]We rarely get this much AC haters around here. anyways TC, I wouldn't say it's the best, but it is definitely one of the best new series this gen.Badosh

er, i hated Ezio, not near the top 3 or 10 either or anything imo. but i do enjoy the assassin's creed games, pumped for 3, effing twists and such.

yeah, hanging out with womanizing bada$$ assassins who actually have substance would probably suck.
commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

i pretty much play every game that comes out that is third person or first person 3d. I must say i was quite pleased by assasins creed. I'm sure everyone summed up all the good things here so i won't repeat them. The only minor thing was that the combat system was a little repetitive. I didn't play assasins creed 2 yet though and i heard the combat is greatly improved, if that's true it will probably be one of the best games of this gen.

I still have to play it so i can't really compare, i don't want to play it on my x360 because i got a killer pc now . For the moment my top 3 of this gen is oblivion, mass effect & crysis. Assasins creed 1 is certainly in my top ten. If it is as good as you say it will be my next game but currently i'm in dead space 2 and i must say it's a huge improvement over dead space 1 and dead space 1 was already very good (so it will have to wait a couple of days lol)

Greetz

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Hahadouken"] ??? Second one is incredible, first one is a missed opportunity. I did enjoy it but it got insanely repetitive and felt very empty the entire game. The second feels like an actual world, a real story. First one was too much like a history book and not enough like a novel. Just my opinion, but as a fan of the franchise I think 2 absolutely decimates 1.

I absolutly LOVE the setting of AC1. I agree... AC2 took some time for me to buy into setting wise, but once I realized that this time frame offered just as much maybe more in different ways, I fell in love. p.s. VERY small spoiler. if you miss the crusades your gonna love a very small segment late in the game....

Well, I just got my hidden blade. Like I said, I'm not far in at all. :P Oh, a return to The Crusades, perhaps? Sweet. :)
lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

I never felt like an assassin in the games. They felt more like GTA:Crusades and GTA:Renaissance.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

the 1st one was terrible but after that i liked them.