Official Resistance 2 Sticky (9.0 @ GS): Keep It Here Or Risk SUSPENSION!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3501 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts
anyway do the later levels actually get bigger and a bit more wide open...i mean why hype scale and have most of the stuff in the game be corridor shooter work.

Im only early in the game, i just landed after being done with the spaceship...Landed in Idaho.jg4xchamp
Beginning in the latter half of the Idaho chapter you start getting a better sense of the scale of the game.
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3502 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts
Just bought a US copy of the game from eBay (UK) for GBP 40 and it should be here by Wednesday. Can't wait!
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3503 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

I've played this game at my buddies house and I'm amazed at how many enemies are on screen and the game maintains a smooth framerate and also has incredible graphics and huge environments.

Its too bad Left for Dead has lots of enemies but the graphics are bad.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3504 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
[QUOTE="Rockman999"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]Oh God are you serious? I'm in the same boat with that othe poster...I thought COD4s SP campaign blew and had no clue where all the praise was coming from...

R2 really that much worse than COD4s SP campaign?!

Bazooka_4ME

Overarching story and character development? Yes. I still find R2 to be more fun, though.

COD 4 had characters?Oh you mean random soldier #3607 and #9056,they were a useless bunch,I could've sworn I was the only one fighting the enemy while my "allies" chilled in the back.

lol, COD4 had characters?? Who? The marine? The captain what's-his-name??

COD4's SP is forgettable. It's a generic type of campaign that any war games will think of.

Resistance 2 had a story but IMO, devs were showing off the Chimeras more than the lead and the squad characters.

And R2's SP is even more forgettable, sadly.

GoldenGlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3505 GoldenGlove
Member since 2002 • 4699 Posts
R2 has one of the most memorable endings I've ever played. I don't think I'll ever forget it.
njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3506 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts

R2 has one of the most memorable endings I've ever played. I don't think I'll ever forget it. GoldenGlove

true that amazing ending

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3507 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
Has anyone else felt like the enemy AI only attacks you in the SP campaign. There are times where my squad mates would be right next to a Chimeran enemy and the enemy would be focused solely on me. Its so annoying.
njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3508 njean777

Has anyone else felt like the enemy AI only attacks you in the SP campaign. There are times where my squad mates would be right next to a Chimeran enemy and the enemy would be focused solely on me. Its so annoying.sirk1264

yes it happens but that is what makes it challenging IMO. But i have noticed it doesnt happen as much as it did in #1.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3509 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="GoldenGlove"]R2 has one of the most memorable endings I've ever played. I don't think I'll ever forget it. njean777

true that amazing ending

I liked the ending gameplay, just because it was so different and ten shades of badass, but the actual ending left a lot to be desired, because Hale never had any personality or anything, so I couldn't feel for his character. They never humanized him, and that hurt the impact of the situation (which I won't spoil).

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3510 njean777
[QUOTE="njean777"]

[QUOTE="GoldenGlove"]R2 has one of the most memorable endings I've ever played. I don't think I'll ever forget it. BioShockOwnz

true that amazing ending

I liked the ending gameplay, just because it was so different and ten shades of badass, but the actual ending left a lot to be desired, because Hale never had any personality or anything, so I couldn't feel for his character. They never humanized him, and that hurt the impact of the situation (which I won't spoil).

Well i agree they really didnt flesh him out but i still felt for him because i played the whole game with him. So i felt for him in the end.

Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3511 Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts
[QUOTE="Bazooka_4ME"][QUOTE="Rockman999"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]Oh God are you serious? I'm in the same boat with that othe poster...I thought COD4s SP campaign blew and had no clue where all the praise was coming from...

R2 really that much worse than COD4s SP campaign?!

BioShockOwnz

Overarching story and character development? Yes. I still find R2 to be more fun, though.

COD 4 had characters?Oh you mean random soldier #3607 and #9056,they were a useless bunch,I could've sworn I was the only one fighting the enemy while my "allies" chilled in the back.

lol, COD4 had characters?? Who? The marine? The captain what's-his-name??

COD4's SP is forgettable. It's a generic type of campaign that any war games will think of.

Resistance 2 had a story but IMO, devs were showing off the Chimeras more than the lead and the squad characters.

And R2's SP is even more forgettable, sadly.

FAIL

First your sig with "R2 = PDZ" and now COD4..? Dude, you're REALLY trying that hard on this game aren't you.. :lol:

I think everyone here knows you're a prefered lemming so just give it up.

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3512 njean777
^ its called an opinion get use to it
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3513 BioShockOwnz

First your sig with "R2 = PDZ" and now COD4..? Dude, you're REALLY trying that hard on this game aren't you.. :lol:

Bazooka_4ME

Guess that's why I gave Resistance 2 a 9.0, eh? No, you just give it up.

Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3514 Bazooka_4ME
[QUOTE="Bazooka_4ME"]

BioShockOwnz

Oh please.... :roll:

You can give all PS3 games a 10 and you're still a prefered lemming... :?

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3516 njean777
[QUOTE="Bazooka_4ME"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Bazooka_4ME"]

BioShockOwnz

Oh please.... :roll:

You can give all PS3 games a 10 and you're still a prefered lemming... :?

I like how you say "preferred platform", because you very well know I have a PS3. So good! So when are you getting a 360? Lulz!

:shock: owned. But i have both and i tend not to like the 360 what does that make me?

Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3517 Bazooka_4ME

I like how you say "preferred platform", because you very well know I have a PS3. So good! So when are you getting a 360? Lulz!

BioShockOwnz

lol, this is too great...

"Oh I dont know, I dont even own a 360 so why should I care....." :roll::roll::roll:

ski11buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3518 ski11buzz
Member since 2003 • 2117 Posts
is the story really that bad? ive heard it wasnt very good and is that the general consensus? what about the cutscenes, are they any good?
CB4McGusto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3519 CB4McGusto
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

I don't understand how this game got 9 out of 10's from review sites, it's an average shooter with tons of flaws.

• Enemy AI only attacks you throughout the whole single player. Sometimes the enemies will stand behind a door looking straight at you and once you reach a certain distance towards them they'll attack. It's like a movie set where the director has to say action!!! Your team AI is even dumber and sometimes to progress in the game you have to wait for them to catch up. The AI is abysmal
  • Graphics are ugly, I'm guessing the game runs so smooth because the game isn't so graphics extensive. Hell it only runs at 720p. The facial animations look weird especially when the characters talk.
  • The gameplay is generic, everything I can do in this game has been done in FPS's for years.
  • Where's the vehicles?
  • Why is it that sometimes when I walk over a weapon to reload(rocket launcher in the Chicago level) my weapon doesn't reload? WTF? I'm in the middle of a battle with armored chamira, stalkers, and drons who only shoot at me and I can't reload. Is that a difficult setting feature or something?
  • Story is forgetable and dumb! Giant fireball tornado of death? Octopus with a human face talking and floating around in the air? :|

The only things good I can say about this game is that the weapons are cool, it let's you play through the levels you already gotten through after you've beaten the game (although I like it it's been done a million times in FPS) unlike MGS4 where you have to save every damn act.:evil: and it has good scale(although invisible walls everywhere prevent you from exploring) I give this game a 5/10(BASED ON THE SINGLPLAYER ONLY), it's down there with haze imo.

As for the multiplayer I haven't gotten a chance to play it because for some odd reason my ps3 won't download that 1.20 updated needed to play the damn game online.:evil: I'm very disapointed in the ps3's exclusive games overall. Yea and I'm talking about MGS4 and R2(so called ps3 heavy hitters).

GoldenGlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3520 GoldenGlove

^^^

Wow. Single player was intense from start to finish. Only thing that hurt the story was the lack of the narrator. Gameplay and pace is great. Multi has tons of replay value. Good atmosphere throughout the game also.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3521 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

I don't understand how this game got 9 out of 10's from review sites, it's an average shooter with tons of flaws.

• Enemy AI only attacks you throughout the whole single player. Sometimes the enemies will stand behind a door looking straight at you and once you reach a certain distance towards them they'll attack. It's like a movie set where the director has to say action!!! Your team AI is even dumber and sometimes to progress in the game you have to wait for them to catch up. The AI is abysmal
  • Graphics are ugly, I'm guessing the game runs so smooth because the game isn't so graphics extensive. Hell it only runs at 720p. The facial animations look weird especially when the characters talk.
  • The gameplay is generic, everything I can do in this game has been done in FPS's for years.
  • Where's the vehicles?
  • Why is it that sometimes when I walk over a weapon to reload(rocket launcher in the Chicago level) my weapon doesn't reload? WTF? I'm in the middle of a battle with armored chamira, stalkers, and drons who only shoot at me and I can't reload. Is that a difficult setting feature or something?
  • Story is forgetable and dumb! Giant fireball tornado of death? Octopus with a human face talking and floating around in the air? :|

The only things good I can say about this game is that the weapons are cool, it let's you play through the levels you already gotten through after you've beaten the game (although I like it it's been done a million times in FPS) unlike MGS4 where you have to save every damn act.:evil: and it has good scale(although invisible walls everywhere prevent you from exploring) I give this game a 5/10(BASED ON THE SINGLPLAYER ONLY), it's down there with haze imo.

As for the multiplayer I haven't gotten a chance to play it because for some odd reason my ps3 won't download that 1.20 updated needed to play the damn game online.:evil: I'm very disapointed in the ps3's exclusive games overall. Yea and I'm talking about MGS4 and R2(so called ps3 heavy hitters).

CB4McGusto

You sir, are in need of a beat down! :x

BTW, download the update ur PC and then transfer it to ur PS3 with a USB. Just go to the official Playstation website for the update.

CB4McGusto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3522 CB4McGusto
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
[QUOTE="CB4McGusto"]

• Where's the vehicles?

II_Seraphim_II

You sir, are in need of a beat down! :x

BTW, download the update ur PC and then transfer it to ur PS3 with a USB. Just go to the official Playstation website for the update.

I'll do that thanks for telling me. Maybe, maybe, just maybe, the so called GODLY multiplayer you guys claim will change my opinion.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3523 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

[QUOTE="sirk1264"]Has anyone else felt like the enemy AI only attacks you in the SP campaign. There are times where my squad mates would be right next to a Chimeran enemy and the enemy would be focused solely on me. Its so annoying.njean777

yes it happens but that is what makes it challenging IMO. But i have noticed it doesnt happen as much as it did in #1.

I've actually noticed it more than the first game. I still like the game but to me making the AI just ignore your squadmates is just cheap programming and a cheap way of making a game difficult. Much like NG2 throwing waves of enemies at you making it cheap hard and not just hard like the first NG game for Xbox.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3524 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
i just bought the game tonight at the Sony PS store in San Fran and i cant wait to play it tomorrow....
GoldenGlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3525 GoldenGlove
[QUOTE="njean777"]

[QUOTE="sirk1264"]Has anyone else felt like the enemy AI only attacks you in the SP campaign. There are times where my squad mates would be right next to a Chimeran enemy and the enemy would be focused solely on me. Its so annoying.sirk1264

I've actually noticed it more than the first game. I still like the game but to me making the AI just ignore your squadmates is just cheap programming and a cheap way of making a game difficult. Much like NG2 throwing waves of enemies at you making it cheap hard and not just hard like the first NG game for Xbox.

You're right. Before I played R2 I went and played through R:FoM on SuperHuman. The AI actually attacked your teammates way more on the first one. They even had sequences where you could save your teammates from being killed. If you did then they would help you out more in the long run.

R2's AI seems to ignore your fellow Spec Opts team and go straight for you. You can see it clear on the part with the Grimm outside of Warner's house when you get to Idaho. Warner will sit right in the middle of the yard on a knee. The enemies will run from in front of him... pass him and just go for you. It's annoying to see that considering how the first one played.

It's no where near as hard and cheap as NG2 though.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3526 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

^^^

Wow. Single player was intense from start to finish. Only thing that hurt the story was the lack of the narrator. Gameplay and pace is great. Multi has tons of replay value. Good atmosphere throughout the game also.

GoldenGlove

This and it would have been nice if the characters were a bit fleshed out. I guess they didint bother because *spoilers*............

Basicly only one member survives.

GoldenGlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3527 GoldenGlove
[QUOTE="GoldenGlove"]

^^^

finalfantasy94

This and it would have been nice if the characters were a bit fleshed out. I guess they didint bother because *spoilers*............

Yeah, I think they leave it up to the player to find out more about the story through intel. I don't think the story is bad, I think the presentation of it is what threw everybody off.

Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3528 Pariah_001
Member since 2003 • 4850 Posts

• Where's the vehicles?

CB4McGusto

You sound more than a little disengenuous. And considering I've never had any of the problems you did, I'm not gonna put too much stock into your claims.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3529 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="GoldenGlove"]

^^^

GoldenGlove

Yeah, I think they leave it up to the player to find out more about the story through intel. I don't think the story is bad, I think the presentation of it is what threw everybody off.

QFT

seeing the intel files gives you 10 times more info about the characters than the story in-game does

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3530 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="njean777"]

[QUOTE="GoldenGlove"]R2 has one of the most memorable endings I've ever played. I don't think I'll ever forget it. njean777

true that amazing ending

Well i agree they really didnt flesh him out but i still felt for him because i played the whole game with him. So i felt for him in the end.

i hate how he turned out after the encounter with Daedalous. and apparently he was one of the two people the original virus was tested on?

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3531 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
  • Hell it only runs at 720p.

CB4McGusto

I thought that was the ceiling for console games these days...

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3534 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
Well it's been a good run but I think it's time for this to be de-stickyed. :)
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3535 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
Well it's been a good run but I think it's time for this to be de-stickyed. :)Teufelhuhn
YAY, Resistance Overall Success?
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3536 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
Well it's been a good run but I think it's time for this to be de-stickyed. :)Teufelhuhn
May I ask why the Gears 2 thread is still stickied even though this topic has been up for less time, has more posts and is more active?
Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3537 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts
Gears 2?
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3538 Teuf_
[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]Well it's been a good run but I think it's time for this to be de-stickyed. :)Brainkiller05
May I ask why the Gears 2 thread is still stickied even though this topic has been up for less time, has more posts and is more active?

It's been less active than the Gears thread over the past 48 hours or so...probably because Gears 2 just came out recently.

It's not a competition, it just looked like the thread was dying out. If it stays really active, it can go back up.
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3539 metalgear-solid

It's been less active than the Gears thread over the past 48 hours or so...probably because Gears 2 just came out recently.

It's not a competition, it just looked like the thread was dying out. If it stays really active, it can go back up.Teufelhuhn
Look, I think it's just you who wants Gears 2 to be more visible and more appealing.;)
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3540 Teuf_
[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

It's not a competition, it just looked like the thread was dying out. If it stays really active, it can go back up.metalgear-solid
Look, I think it's just you who wants Gears 2 to be more visible and more appealing.;)

You got me. Epic is paying me teh $$$'s to keep the sticky up. :P
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3541 Animal-Mother
So who's beaten the game what do you guys think about the ending?
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3542 metalgear-solid
It's a good game. Definitely better than Gears 2 from what I can tell.
njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3543 njean777

So who's beaten the game what do you guys think about the ending?Animal-Mother

well i have played both gears and R2 and i personally like R2 better. The mp is amazing and the sp is just pure fun. The story was a little meh but still a great game over all.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3544 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]So who's beaten the game what do you guys think about the ending?njean777

well i have played both gears and R2 and i personally like R2 better. The mp is amazing and the sp is just pure fun. The story was a little meh but still a great game over all.

ya, i just started gears 2 yesterday, so i cant really jude, but man did you expect [spoiler] hale to get shot in the head [/spoiler]

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3545 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50662 Posts

Alright, well I just beat the game and first off I'd like to say it's a **** awesome game.

Few things though,

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER 

I skipped the credits so is there any cut scene after the credits?

What the hell happened after they blew up the ships? Is there any explanation?

And the ending with Hale was perfect, kudos to Insomniac for pulling the trigger! 

Sorry for the lack of spoiler tags, but they're not working.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3546 BioShockOwnz
There wasn't anything after the credits. They kept going on and on, and I said that there had better be something, then... nothing! I was mad. :(
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3547 Chutebox

Hmmm, so there's no explanation of what we saw after ...what what down?

Interesting, I still liked the ending, however brief it might be. 

Tacho101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3548 Tacho101
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts
the end was ridiculous. there has to be a part 3. i have to see what happens! this is only the begining!
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3549 Chutebox

the end was ridiculous. there has to be a part 3. i have to see what happens! this is only the begining!Tacho101

No doubt there's going to be a part 3 and I think we already know the protagonist. 

Tacho101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3550 Tacho101
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts

[QUOTE="Tacho101"]the end was ridiculous. there has to be a part 3. i have to see what happens! this is only the begining!Chutebox

No doubt there's going to be a part 3 and I think we already know the protagonist.

you really think it will be Cap? but then again he is basically the only one left