Official Resistance 2 Sticky (9.0 @ GS): Keep It Here Or Risk SUSPENSION!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3451 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50662 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

By the way, either I really suck or this game is pretty freaking hard. I'm playing on Normal and there are some really, really tough spots.

I remember R1 being challenging, but this is much tougher (which is good)!

Episode_Eve

That's what I love about Resistance :). But apparently, to some reviewers *cough*1up*cough* its a bad thing :?.

Yea...oh well, screw'em!

If it had cheap moments like NG2 I'd understand, but come on!

no_handlebars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3452 no_handlebars
Member since 2008 • 1774 Posts

O.K.

I'm fresh of a 3-day suspension!

Did I miss the party?

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3453 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

O.K.

Did I miss the party?

no_handlebars

Welcome back! I missed Mr.T beating on that shark :D

no_handlebars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3454 no_handlebars

[QUOTE="no_handlebars"]

O.K.

Did I miss the party?

II_Seraphim_II

Welcome back! I missed Mr.T beating on that shark :D

Didn't we all?

On topic:

W00t! 9.0!Haters have been Laarked!

beenieman40k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3456 beenieman40k
Member since 2008 • 321 Posts

My understanding of the game is this

• The single player is terrible, the story sucks and the giant bosses amount to nothing more than quicktime events. Also the story suck. It will dissapoint fans of the original
  • The co-op sets a new standard for co-op shooters and is the best part of the package
  • Multiplayer is fantastic, especially skirmish. But it will dissapoint fans of the original

Not really that bothered about single player or story in games as the first one was so bad. The co-op and multiplayer sound great though

no_handlebars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3457 no_handlebars

My understanding of the game is this

• The single player is terrible, the story sucks and the giant bosses amount to nothing more than quicktime events. Also the story suck. It will dissapoint fans of the original
  • The co-op sets a new standard for co-op shooters and is the best part of the package
  • Multiplayer is fantastic, especially skirmish. But it will dissapoint fans of the original

Not really that bothered about single player or story in games as the first one was so bad. The co-op and multiplayer sound absolutely amazing thoughbeenieman40k

The boss battles were excellent, in my opinion.

The co-op, is the star of the show though.

beenieman40k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3458 beenieman40k

no_handlebars

what abilities and weapons doe the classes have?

no_handlebars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3459 no_handlebars
[QUOTE="no_handlebars"]

beenieman40k

what abilities and weapons doe the classes have?

The soilder is basically a well-rounded infantry. However, ammo seems to always get gobbled up by this guy.

Spec ops is pretty awesome, but he's not exactly a tank. He can give out ammo and is armed with a sniper rifle.

Medic is arguably my favorite. He's armed with the Phoenix, which can drain health from enemy Chimera and redistribute it to team mates.

beenieman40k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3460 beenieman40k

The soilder is basically a well-rounded infantry. However, ammo seems to always get gobbled up by this guy.

Spec ops is pretty awesome, but he's not exactly a tank. He can give out ammo and is armed with a sniper rifle.

Medic is arguably my favorite. He's armed with the Phoenix, which can drain health from enemy Chimera and redistribute it to team mates.

no_handlebars

I dont realy understand the phoenix. Do you mean that enemies charge it up or something?

spec ops sounds a bit useless. If all he has is a sniper rifl he'll be useless in a firefight unless he keeps out of harms way

no_handlebars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3461 no_handlebars
[QUOTE="no_handlebars"]

beenieman40k

I dont realy understand the phoenix. Do you mean that enemies charge it up or something?

spec ops sounds a bit useless. If all he has is a sniper rifl he'll be useless in a firefight unless he keeps out of harms way

With the phoenix, you drain energy from enemies and give it to team mates.

Spec Ops can be extremely useful if he's used correctly.

beenieman40k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3462 beenieman40k

no_handlebars

so with the phoenix you drain energy from teammates and then once you go back to your teammates you can hel them up. How do you heal yourself?

also with the spec ops, how useful are they at close range. I was hoping to use them in co-op but I wont enjoy it if all I can dio is snipe

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3463 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts
[QUOTE="beenieman40k"][QUOTE="no_handlebars"]

no_handlebars

It's a classic "holy trinity" set up. Tank, healer, range attack..... well kinda :P

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3464 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
[QUOTE="no_handlebars"]

beenieman40k

Once you get to level 3 in Spec Ops, you unlock the Bullseye as your alternate weapon.

beenieman40k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3465 beenieman40k

Once you get to level 3 in Spec Ops, you unlock the Bullseye as your alternate weapon.

rockguy92

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3466 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Garnett Lee (1UP Yours) - "One of the poorer single player campaigns I have ever played."

Another guy on there agrees with him, too.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3467 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Garnett Lee (1UP Yours) - "One of the poorer single player campaigns I have ever played."

BioShockOwnz

That award goes to COD4. Now that was a bad SP. God iv been off the internet for 4 days. Happy to see the game didint flop.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3468 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

finalfantasy94

That award goes to COD4. Now that was a bad SP. God iv been off the internet for 4 days. Happy to see the game didint flop.

The story was much more cohesive and emotional in COD4.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3469 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

wow, resistance2 is actually MORE popular judging by how many posts here compared to the gears sticky. :Pjoopyme

well gears 2 came out yesterday, most gears fans are playing right now, only reason im on here is cus im downloading the flashback map pack, then im gettin back on XD

no_handlebars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3470 no_handlebars

PSN: sweeney757

Who's up for some co-op?

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3471 finalfantasy94
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

Emotional my foot. I didint care about any of the characters. You your self was a cardbord box with a gun. None of the characters were interesting. So therefore no attachment so therefore I didint care about any of them. Me and my friend laughed how bad the SP was in COD4. I hated it soo much. THe only good part was the nuke and thats it.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3472 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

finalfantasy94

Emotional my foot. I didint care about any of the characters. You your self was a cardbord box with a gun. None of the characters were interesting. So therefore no attachment so therefore I didint care about any of them. Me and my friend laughed how bad the SP was in COD4. I hated it soo much. THe only good part was the nuke and thats it.

If that's how you feel about COD4, then wait until you meet the R2 crew. :lol:

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3473 finalfantasy94
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

I beat it already. They werent that great,but i still rank them higher then the cod4 cast,but not by to much.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3474 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

Oh God are you serious? I'm in the same boat with that othe poster...I thought COD4s SP campaign blew and had no clue where all the praise was coming from...

R2 really that much worse than COD4s SP campaign?!

no_handlebars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3475 no_handlebars
I'm just getting around to opening up my Resistance 2 manual. I must say, it's really cool. I love the 50's style.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3476 BioShockOwnz
Oh God are you serious? I'm in the same boat with that othe poster...I thought COD4s SP campaign blew and had no clue where all the praise was coming from...

W1NGMAN-

Overarching story and character development? Yes. I still find R2 to be more fun, though.

beenieman40k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3477 beenieman40k

W1NGMAN-

COD 4's capaign had some great moments (such as the gunship and the interactive cutscene things). It has the age old problems of COD games with the invisible walls and the enemy factories but it was still ten times better than the resistance 1 terrible campaign

Resistance 2 has an even worse campaign by all accounts, if you're playing it for "the story" or the campaign mode you might as well skip it

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3478 finalfantasy94
[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

beenieman40k

COD 4's capaign had some great moments (such as the gunship and the interactive cutscene things). It has the age old problems of COD games with the invisible walls and the enemy factories but it was still ten times better than the resistance 1 terrible campaign

Resistance 2 has an even worse campaign by all accounts, if you're playing it for "the story" or the campaign mode you might as well skip it

That right there can be said about COD4. COD4 was a snore and I found reisitance 2 SP better.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3479 finalfantasy94
[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]Oh God are you serious? I'm in the same boat with that othe poster...I thought COD4s SP campaign blew and had no clue where all the praise was coming from...

BioShockOwnz

Overarching story and character development? Yes. I still find R2 to be more fun, though.

Are you saying COD4 had character development?

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3480 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]Oh God are you serious? I'm in the same boat with that othe poster...I thought COD4s SP campaign blew and had no clue where all the praise was coming from...

finalfantasy94

It's not good, but it's better than the character development in R2. I cared what happened at the end of COD4. I was ******.

PKim7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3481 PKim7
Member since 2003 • 215 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]Oh God are you serious? I'm in the same boat with that othe poster...I thought COD4s SP campaign blew and had no clue where all the praise was coming from...

finalfantasy94

I didn't care about both my characters throughout the single campaign, even when one of them dies from the nuke. The only person that I cared about was Cpt. Price; and thats only because I fought along with him since WW2. In R2, I could care less about the sentinels I'm fighting with, but I'm still early on in the game so maybe that will change.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3482 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]Oh God are you serious? I'm in the same boat with that othe poster...I thought COD4s SP campaign blew and had no clue where all the praise was coming from...

BioShockOwnz

It's not good, but it's better than the character development in R2. I cared what happened at the end of COD4. I was ******.

Neither campaign does anything to me. R2 is just pure fun. Same for COD4. Both games have crappy stories.

Edit: I haven't beaten R2's campaign yet but COD4's campaign was a measley 5 hours long. I was disappointed in the length because I wanted more. So far i'm about 6 hrs into R2's campaign and still more to go.

Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3483 Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts

I just beat both game and both were very fun. If I were to compare both games' difficulty, I'ma to say Resistance 2 > Gears 2. I died more times in Resistance 2 than in Gears 2 even when I first played both in Casual. Both games' ending were a bit kind of disappointing but we all know that it was done on purpose for their 3rd sequel.

***SPOILER>>> I guess a new lead character will be on Resistance 3 and Adam Fenix will play a big role in Gears 3.

Oh and Resistance 2 took me 10 hours to beat while Gears 2 took me only 6 hours. 1st play through and both in Casual.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3484 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts
[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]Oh God are you serious? I'm in the same boat with that othe poster...I thought COD4s SP campaign blew and had no clue where all the praise was coming from...

BioShockOwnz

What the heck, how much worse could the character development in R2 be compared to COD4?! That's pathetic if the character development truley is worse than COD4s.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3485 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

beenieman40k

Resistance 1 campaign>>>Resistance 2 campaign>>>>>COD4 campaign

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3486 BioShockOwnz

W1NGMAN-

What the heck, how much worse could the character development in R2 be compared to COD4?! That's pathetic if the character development truley is worse than COD4s.

Yes, yes it is. I'm not one to say much good about COD4's SP, but compared to R2's in the narrative department, it's superior.

joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3487 joopyme
Member since 2008 • 2598 Posts

GamedailyLemmingreview

click if you wanna see a runnerup to the 1up review.

Iceman2911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3488 Iceman2911
Member since 2006 • 2669 Posts

why are we talking about cod4 the thread title says resistance 2 sticky not cod4vsresistance2.

p.s resistance2 blows cod4 out of the water.

beenieman40k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3489 beenieman40k

finalfantasy94

it didn' really have character development (they wre basically caricatures) but what happened to them was very interesting as was the contemporary setting. The main character in resistance 1 on the other hand was one of the worst main characters ever. A bald american soldier who never smiles, whoop di doo

likeswise the method of storytelling in R1 was clumsier (the RE style notes and the stupid introductions to each level from the woman)

why are we talking about cod4 the thread title says resistance 2 sticky not cod4vsresistance2.

Iceman2911

the co-op alone should do that

Logan832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3490 Logan832
Member since 2006 • 2168 Posts

This game is amazing. The best part of it, is the amount of content.

I love how I can just switch it up so easily. Ill play competitive a little bit, then decide to level up on cooperative. Maybe even play through compaign some. The replay value is just so high.

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3491 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts
i loved the story i dont care what any reviewer says R2 storys is good and i love it.
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3492 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

BioShockOwnz

COD 4 had characters?Oh you mean random soldier #3607 and #9056,they were a useless bunch,I could've sworn I was the only one fighting the enemy while my "allies" chilled in the back.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3493 BioShockOwnz

Rockman999

COD 4 had characters?Oh you mean random soldier #3607 and #9056,they were a useless bunch,I could've sworn I was the only one fighting the enemy while my "allies" chilled in the back.

Oh, I am not praising COD4. I have shown my distaste for it previously, so no need for that. :) But you just explained the characters in Resistance 2. :o Who's Hale? I don't care! Who's Capelli? I don't care! Who's the enemy? I don't care!

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3494 finalfantasy94
[QUOTE="Rockman999"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]Oh God are you serious? I'm in the same boat with that othe poster...I thought COD4s SP campaign blew and had no clue where all the praise was coming from...

BioShockOwnz

Oh, I am not praising COD4. I have shown my distaste for it previously, so no need for that. :) But you just explained the characters in Resistance 2. :o Who's Hale? I don't care! Who's Capelli? I don't care! Who's the enemy? I don't care!

I can agree with you on the squad thing. They could have fleshed them out more,but the chimera I feel are pretty dam cool. I love thier design Especially their weapons/machines.

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3495 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts

Iceman2911

Thats just your opinion not a fact.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3496 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

Iceman2911
I don't know about that part....R2 is good.....but there are many areas where COD 4 just delivers more....

THan again all i have done is play the MP...and just the early portions of the campaign.
Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3497 Pariah_001
Member since 2003 • 4850 Posts
[QUOTE="Iceman2911"]

MojondeVACA

Thats just your opinion not a fact.

Is this your way of saying that you want everyone to proceed their posts with "IMO" all the time?

You're getting awfully desperate.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3498 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
anyway do the later levels actually get bigger and a bit more wide open...i mean why hype scale and have most of the stuff in the game be corridor shooter work.

Im only early in the game, i just landed after being done with the spaceship...Landed in Idaho.
Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3500 Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts

Rockman999

lol, COD4 had characters?? Who? The marine? The captain what's-his-name??

COD4's SP is forgettable. It's a generic type of campaign that any war games will think of.

Resistance 2 had a story but IMO, devs were showing off the Chimeras more than the lead and the squad characters.