Official Halo 3 Discussion Thread (round 3)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

his is probably going to stay stickied for a few weeks now. for anything and everything halo 3 related, keep it here or in the halo 3 forum. the minimum suspension is one day and this includes replying to any halo 3 threads because that's what keeps them active.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
ummm... the beta rawks!!!
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
Thank god this sticky is back. The threads were piling up for Halo 3.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

thanks for posting the Sticky again.

flood of halo3 threads=annoying.

I'm hoping halo will be good. 

Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
Mod ftw! Thx for making GS a better place :D As for Halo 3, I think it ll be a solid shooter that ll offer a lot of fun, but i don t think it will be "perfect". Still, i might pick up a 360 for it...
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
I'm loving the BETA, though today i actually PLAYED crackdown and almost felt guilty, as i've had it gathering dust, unplayed for months now, and it turns out it's an amazingly fun game.
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
Aww... I sticky is back . I is sad.
Ultimas_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ultimas_Blade
Member since 2004 • 3671 Posts
RESERVE :P
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts

halo kicks so much ass we had to have 3 threads.

the haters have been destroyed. 

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

All I have to say about the beta is...

1.) The gameplay has been tweaked very much from Halo 2 for overall much better gameplay.

2.) The game actually looks very nice, especially in motion. :D

Haters am cry.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CaseyWegner

JPOBS

umm...no. half of them were bashing the game. the only reason there's a sticky is because self control is severely lacking here. 

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JPOBS
[QUOTE="JPOBS"]

CaseyWegner

umm...no. half of them were bashing the game. the only reason there's a sticky is because self control is severely lacking here.

I know, i mean, we had to have 3 stickies because people cant stop talking about halo. 

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
Yeah not surprised this is back up.
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
Anyone else think the new "distant gunfire" sound effects are badass? The sniper sound in particular, when somebody is sniping on the other side of the map and you hear that absolutely amazing echo-type sound. It sounds like a jaguar.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts

Thank god this sticky is back. The threads were piling up for Halo 3.kcpp2b

I don't know why he took it down. He know this place is run by lemmings. The biggest game out will be bashed and talked about until the end of summer. 

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CaseyWegner
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="JPOBS"]

JPOBS

I know, i mean, we had to have 3 stickies because people cant stop talking about halo.

so how have the haters been destroyed? 

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JPOBS
[QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="JPOBS"]

CaseyWegner

because i said so.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
Member since 2004 • 2626 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="JPOBS"]

JPOBS

because i said so.

This is the god of system wars you're talking to here. :roll:

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JPOBS

This is the god of system wars you're talking to here. :roll:

duncanvk
i own systemwars. this is true.
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#21 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts
Halo sucks Nuff said. Only way i'll buy halo Again is if they rename it Halocraft and Blizzard makes it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
Member since 2004 • 2626 Posts
Halo sucks Nuff said. Only way i'll buy halo Again is if they rename it Halocraft and Blizzard makes it.peacebringer
We'll miss you. :cry:
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 peacebringer
[QUOTE="peacebringer"]Halo sucks Nuff said. Only way i'll buy halo Again is if they rename it Halocraft and Blizzard makes it.duncanvk
We'll miss you. :cry:

You might see me in Halo Wars now that looks like it can do something.
Rockclmbr6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rockclmbr6
Member since 2004 • 3232 Posts
Well, I love the beta.  Although I didn't play for like one day and now I find myself constantly getting destroyed...

That, and the fact that I have no idea where any of the weapons spawn.  I've yet to find a rocket launcher, and I barely ever see the Spartan Laser in play (speaking of which, that thing is very, very hard to control).

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

Awww cows come on now just because Killzone 2 has zero chance of achieving the insanely high fun factor of Halo3 multiplayer don't mean you got to go spraying hatorade everywhere. Halo3 beta is too much fun. They just need to release a map pack for it. :)

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 peacebringer

Awww cows come on now just because Killzone 2 has zero chance of achieving the insanely high fun factor of Halo3 multiplayer don't mean you got to go spraying hatorade everywhere. Halo3 beta is too much fun. They just need to release a map pack for it. :)

JiveT
People who don't like Halo are not Cows, there Hermits or PC gamers. Some cows admit they have fun with Halo and no Cow can say they played a betetr FPS on there console  , but PC gamers can it's Called Half life 2 was out 2 years ago and still is better than Halo 3.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CaseyWegner
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

peacebringer

People who don't like Halo are not Cows, there Hermits or PC gamers. Some cows admit they have fun with Halo and no Cow can say they played a betetr FPS on there console , but PC gamers can it's Called Half life 2 was out 2 years ago and still is better than Halo 3.

halo 3 isn't out yet. -_- 

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 peacebringer
[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

CaseyWegner

People who don't like Halo are not Cows, there Hermits or PC gamers. Some cows admit they have fun with Halo and no Cow can say they played a betetr FPS on there console , but PC gamers can it's Called Half life 2 was out 2 years ago and still is better than Halo 3.

Thats why Half life 2 is better it's out thats how i can say that :) when Halo 3 is released then we can debate about wich is better. around the same time Halo 3 is released i'll be playing Team Fortress 2 nothing will sperate me from that game. the Onliine multiplayer is more balanced IMO you can pick a Clas and you get specfic skills and weapons so you can't just pick up any weapon. you may have to be the flag runner or the Engineer and build defense , can't wait for it. Sad Halo 3 will over shadow such a great game and thats why i hate Halo.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shungokustasu
Since the Beta is out, shouldn't this be a hype thread also. No need to wait for a review if everyone is getting the taste of it now.
remaGloohcSdlO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 remaGloohcSdlO
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
How come there was plenty of talking in the H3 beta lobbies, but of ALL the games I played, I never heard one single spoken word in the game? Is no one talking, or is it the new push to talk feature that no one is using?
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
I'm hyping AAA even if the single player is just Master Chief shooting bowling ball pins with the Assault Rifle. Does anyone know if that gun with the blades on it that shoots spikes has a better melee attack than the other guns?
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CaseyWegner

Since the Beta is out, shouldn't this be a hype thread also. No need to wait for a review if everyone is getting the taste of it now.shungokustasu

it's a whatever thread. if it's halo 3, it goes in here or the TC gets suspended right along with anybody who replied to the thread.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wolverine4262
I'm hyping AAA even if the single player is just Master Chief shooting bowling ball pins with the Assault Rifle. Does anyone know if that gun with the blades on it that shoots spikes has a better melee attack than the other guns?JiveT
don't matter, that gun was made for dual wielding....
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shungokustasu

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]Since the Beta is out, shouldn't this be a hype thread also. No need to wait for a review if everyone is getting the taste of it now.CaseyWegner

it's a whatever thread. if it's halo 3, it goes in here and the TC gets suspended right along with anybody who replied to the thread.

You ok? 

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wolverine4262
Well, I love the beta. Although I didn't play for like one day and now I find myself constantly getting destroyed...

That, and the fact that I have no idea where any of the weapons spawn. I've yet to find a rocket launcher, and I barely ever see the Spartan Laser in play (speaking of which, that thing is very, very hard to control).
Rockclmbr6
there is a rocket launcher in High Ground (near the beach), the laser is in the tower in High Ground, in one of the bunkers in Snowbound, and not sure about Valhalla (probably in te middle)
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CaseyWegner
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]Since the Beta is out, shouldn't this be a hype thread also. No need to wait for a review if everyone is getting the taste of it now.shungokustasu

it's a whatever thread. if it's halo 3, it goes in here and the TC gets suspended right along with anybody who replied to the thread.

You ok?

what? yeah. why? 

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]Since the Beta is out, shouldn't this be a hype thread also. No need to wait for a review if everyone is getting the taste of it now.CaseyWegner

You ok?

what? yeah. why?

Okay, I was just wondering.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Well, I love the beta. Although I didn't play for like one day and now I find myself constantly getting destroyed...

That, and the fact that I have no idea where any of the weapons spawn. I've yet to find a rocket launcher, and I barely ever see the Spartan Laser in play (speaking of which, that thing is very, very hard to control).
Rockclmbr6

I knoiw where to find the rocket launcher and spartan laser on High Ground. Know here the laser is on Valhalla. I have to guess where to find the laser on Snow Bound. And ohhhhhhh that Spartan Laser is SWEET. I got 8 Laser Kills in one game and got the film to prove it :twisted: 

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NorthlandMan
Member since 2007 • 2302 Posts
[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

CaseyWegner

that's besides the point. No halo game has ever come close to a half life game. Hell Half Life one is still better than both Halos put together
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

NorthlandMan

that's besides the point. No halo game has ever come close to a half life game. Hell Half Life one is still better than both Halos put together

thats a matter of opinion
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

NorthlandMan

So how many people are playing Half Life 2 multiplayer today? Oh wait... :| 

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="NorthlandMan"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

AdobeArtist

So how many people are playing Half Life 2 multiplayer today? Oh wait... :|

It's called Counter Strike!!!! 

Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts
[QUOTE="JPOBS"]

CaseyWegner

pwned lol

---------------------

Beta is all right, but I was expectin much, much more. I'm kinda disappointed

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts
I love how theres hardly ANY auto-aim. This will frighten away the kids for sure