Official Halo 3 Discussion Thread (round 3)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#201 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
Your reasoning is flawless ( ;) ).

Why do you feel that way, seriously?

musicalmac

I don't enjoy playing VIP, most other players will veto if VIP is the gametype.

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#202 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts

This is why i think the graphics are not up to par...

bungie said that they wanted to keep the Halo 2 look and feeling for the Halo 3. The problem here is, Halo 2 was designed for the original Xbox, and they used bump-mapping techniques everywhere to free up some memory for other graphical features on the Xbox 1. Well, now they are developing Halo 3 for the Xbox 360, a NEXT GEN system. They want to still use the Halo 2 look, which is bump-mapping, which looks terrible for a next gen game because the 360 could handle normal mapping. So now, you go close to an object and see these flat, blurry, black lines everywhere that are "supposed" to trick your eyes into thinking its bumpy and textured. The Banshee is a perfect example of this...

Cybiotik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 Cybiotik
Member since 2006 • 1638 Posts

This is why i think the graphics are not up to par...

bungie said that they wanted to keep the Halo 2 look and feeling for the Halo 3. The problem here is, Halo 2 was designed for the original Xbox, and they used bump-mapping techniques everywhere to free up some memory for other graphical features on the Xbox 1. Well, now they are developing Halo 3 for the Xbox 360, a NEXT GEN system. They want to still use the Halo 2 look, which is bump-mapping, which looks terrible for a next gen game because the 360 could handle normal mapping. So now, you go close to an object and see these flat, blurry, black lines everywhere that are "supposed" to trick your eyes into thinking its bumpy and textured. The Banshee is a perfect example of this...

krp008

Slow down genius...normal mapping IS bump mapping. See bump maping is usually consisted of three diffrent layers: The black/white depth map, the specular map to hit the normals fooling the eye into depth and of course the color map. All games use bump maping in order to reduce polygons...so your logic...well there isnt any of it there. Sorry try again. Here is a tip, don't look at wikipedia to show off how much you know about graphics. It dont help son.

EDIT: There are also other type of maping like paraplex mapping but ti bogs down the processor a whole lot more. 

XxR0gu3Go0sexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#204 XxR0gu3Go0sexX
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts
I just found out I'm in the Halo 3 Friends and Family Beta... Its 70% downloaded right now...
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Bansheesdie

I just found out I'm in the Halo 3 Friends and Family Beta... Its 70% downloaded right now...XxR0gu3Go0sexX

I thought F&F ended like two weeks ago...

Ninja_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Ninja_Dog
Member since 2003 • 2615 Posts

just had to post in one of these threads...

Halo 3 GotY 2007!!!! 

Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Crunchman
Member since 2003 • 9316 Posts

Halo 3 GotY 2007!!!!

Ninja_Dog
I just had to respond to your post!
Ninja_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Ninja_Dog
Member since 2003 • 2615 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja_Dog"]

Halo 3 GotY 2007!!!!

JLuke360

I just had to respond to your post!

:lol: 

spades_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 spades_360
Member since 2005 • 150 Posts

More Halo 3 Info Surfaces *possible spoilers* from july issue of gamepro

Weapons

Magnum - The Magnum is much improved since Halo 2, dishing out slower, more punishing shots. But it's still not back to Halo 1 strength, as the clip currently carries just eight rounds and you can't zoom in. Still a nice, precise choice for dual-wield combos.

Energy Sword - The infamous Sword gets two tweaks aimed at balancing its overwhelming power. One change is a brief weapon-switch delay. The second adjustment is more controversial: the Energy Sword now has an ammo meter that depletes with each attack, which keeps players from hoarding it indefinitely.

Vehicles

Wraith - The lumbering Covenant Wraith returns with a new player-operated secondary turret. It's helpful for driving off boarding attempts.

Brute Chopper - This ugly, jagged Brute Chopper looks like something Firefly's Reavers might drive into battle. Its twin cannons nad heavy, blade-like chassis can pulverize lesser vehicles in a nanosecond.

Equipment

Radar Jammer - Hurl this item into a fight and watch as chaos and confusion engulf friend and foe alike. The jammer scrambles the radar of all nearby players and triggers disco-like light flashes to further disorient your prey.

Maps

Shrine - A UNSC battle cruiser looms menacingly over Shrine's sprawling sand dunes. Shrine is the largest map ever to appear in a Halo game, so Bungie put a key emphasis on vehicle-on-vehicle combat. Shrine has few ties to older Halo 2 maps, but its massive size recalls Relic.

Epitaph - Epitaph is an arcane Forerunner cathedral-like structure that towers above the surrounding wasteland. The central killing floor is crisscrossed with elevated walkways, exterior hallways, and lifts. It's a spiritual successor to Halo 2 maps like Colossus, Gemini, and Midship.

Last Resort - Zanzibar, one of Halo 2's most beloved maps, has been rebuilt and rechristened Last Resort for Halo 3. This industrial site is almost twice as big, with a less cluttered internal layout and more paths into the flag room.

Secret Map - Bungie sneakily sent us two mysterious concept paintings labeled only as "Work in Progress Map." We see the icey motif and pray for a new Lockout, but only Bungie knows the truth.

Customization

Create a Spartan:

Tired of staring at Master Chief's ugly mug? Halo 3's online mode offers new armor permutations that allow players to customize their personas from head to toe. Will the Covenant Elite player models be eligible for similar upgrades? Only Bungie knows.http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2000918144303088687

Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
Very interesting...
mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#211 mirlegend
Member since 2002 • 6737 Posts

More Halo 3 Info Surfaces *possible spoilers* from july issue of gamepro

Weapons

Magnum - The Magnum is much improved since Halo 2, dishing out slower, more punishing shots. But it's still not back to Halo 1 strength, as the clip currently carries just eight rounds and you can't zoom in. Still a nice, precise choice for dual-wield combos.

Energy Sword - The infamous Sword gets two tweaks aimed at balancing its overwhelming power. One change is a brief weapon-switch delay. The second adjustment is more controversial: the Energy Sword now has an ammo meter that depletes with each attack, which keeps players from hoarding it indefinitely.

Vehicles

Wraith - The lumbering Covenant Wraith returns with a new player-operated secondary turret. It's helpful for driving off boarding attempts.

Brute Chopper - This ugly, jagged Brute Chopper looks like something Firefly's Reavers might drive into battle. Its twin cannons nad heavy, blade-like chassis can pulverize lesser vehicles in a nanosecond.

Equipment

Radar Jammer - Hurl this item into a fight and watch as chaos and confusion engulf friend and foe alike. The jammer scrambles the radar of all nearby players and triggers disco-like light flashes to further disorient your prey.

Maps

Shrine - A UNSC battle cruiser looms menacingly over Shrine's sprawling sand dunes. Shrine is the largest map ever to appear in a Halo game, so Bungie put a key emphasis on vehicle-on-vehicle combat. Shrine has few ties to older Halo 2 maps, but its massive size recalls Relic.

Epitaph - Epitaph is an arcane Forerunner cathedral-like structure that towers above the surrounding wasteland. The central killing floor is crisscrossed with elevated walkways, exterior hallways, and lifts. It's a spiritual successor to Halo 2 maps like Colossus, Gemini, and Midship.

Last Resort - Zanzibar, one of Halo 2's most beloved maps, has been rebuilt and rechristened Last Resort for Halo 3. This industrial site is almost twice as big, with a less cluttered internal layout and more paths into the flag room.

Secret Map - Bungie sneakily sent us two mysterious concept paintings labeled only as "Work in Progress Map." We see the icey motif and pray for a new Lockout, but only Bungie knows the truth.

Customization

Create a Spartan:

Tired of staring at Master Chief's ugly mug? Halo 3's online mode offers new armor permutations that allow players to customize their personas from head to toe. Will the Covenant Elite player models be eligible for similar upgrades? Only Bungie knows.http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2000918144303088687

spades_360

:O looks like the leaks were true then *prays for level editor to make it into the final game*. i wonder if you can have vehicle only matches in shrine.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Bansheesdie
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25666312&union_id=274&msg_id=288749247#288749247 - If you want to see the low quality pics also.
Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#213 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts

Guys, I just got back from playing some custom games. You remember the glitch to get into the custom game lobby? Well now you can actually start a custom game. And they're awesome.

I played some low gravity, high speed slayer on Valhalla with the new Magnum, and a game of Swords on High Ground with the leader getting super speed. It's incredibly fun.

Halo 3 is incredible. I'm hopping back on there in a couple minutes for some more, a simple internet search will reveal to you guys how to get into custom games yourself. It's an absolute blast. 

mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 mirlegend

Guys, I just got back from playing some custom games. You remember the glitch to get into the custom game lobby? Well now you can actually start a custom game. And they're awesome.

I played some low gravity, high speed slayer on Valhalla with the new Magnum, and a game of Swords on High Ground with the leader getting super speed. It's incredibly fun.

Halo 3 is incredible. I'm hopping back on there in a couple minutes for some more, a simple internet search will reveal to you guys how to get into custom games yourself. It's an absolute blast. 

Newnab

i can only find a guide to how to get into the lobby not actually start a game. any particular place that has the information.

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Newnab
[QUOTE="Newnab"]

mirlegend

i can only find a guide to how to get into the lobby not actually start a game. any particular place that has the information.

TeamXbox has a news story and some videos/screenshots of it up now. Full description of how to get in is also there. 

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Newnab
Oh, if you found how to get into the lobby, that IS how you start the game. Previously you could get into the lobby but not start the game. Since the update, you can now get into the lobby and it lets you start the games.
mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 mirlegend

Sweet il try that later. Thanks :D

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
excellent.  Halo keeps getting better.
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#219 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts
I dunno, guys.  I haven't played the Halo 3 Beta in over a week.  I'd just much rather play Gears of War and GRAW2.  There's just nothing about it that pulls me in the way Gears did, or GRAW in a lesser extent.  I must say that I can't wait to play through the single player missions. 
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Create a Spartan:

custom spartans? ...... :D 

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Bansheesdie
Create a Spartan:

lawlessx

The models from the scans look like the Spartans out of Ghosts of Onyx.

mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 mirlegend
[QUOTE="lawlessx"] Create a Spartan:

Bansheesdie

wonder if this means more spartans in single player.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lawlessx"] Create a Spartan:

Bansheesdie

i never read that book,but my friend tells me those the spartan II models. suppose to be a weaker,cheaper version of the original

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 lawlessx
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"][QUOTE="lawlessx"] Create a Spartan:

mirlegend

4 player cop-op ringing any bells? this can prevent everybody from looking the same 

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Bansheesdie

TeamXbox has a news story and some videos/screenshots of it up now. Full description of how to get in is also there. Newnab

I looked and couldn't find it, can you give a link?

buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts
[QUOTE="mirlegend"][QUOTE="Bansheesdie"][QUOTE="lawlessx"] Create a Spartan:

lawlessx

4 player cop-op ringing any bells? this can prevent everybody from looking the same 

If they manage to pull off 4 player co-op on H3, I will be ecstatic.  It's something I (and I'm sure many others) have wanted since the first game.  Multiple spartan models in this mode would just be icing on the cake!

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Bansheesdie

If they manage to pull off 4 player co-op on H3, I will be ecstatic.  It's something I (and I'm sure many others) have wanted since the first game.  Multiple spartan models in this mode would just be icing on the cake!buuzer0

4 player co-op is more or less confirmed short of an official comment from Bungie saying it.

mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 mirlegend
[QUOTE="mirlegend"][QUOTE="Bansheesdie"][QUOTE="lawlessx"] Create a Spartan:

lawlessx

i mean story wise.

Hater3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Hater3000
Member since 2007 • 2310 Posts

I suck at halo because i got a lot of lag.Yet i got a triple kill,man you got to love those mines.Hey i have a problem,i enable the crotch option so i don't have to hold the stick to go down but it doesn't works i still need to hold down to crotch.

Also how i report bugs?,i guy told me there is a button but where?.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Bansheesdie
I suck at halo because i got a lot of lag.Yet i got a triple kill,man you got to love those mines.Hey i have a problem,i enable the crotch option so i don't have to hold the stick to go down but it doesn't works i still need to hold down to crotch.

Hater3000

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/topics.aspx?forumID=122419

hazuki87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#231 hazuki87
Member since 2004 • 2031 Posts
Nobody seems to have posted the new news yet. Its up on 1up.com and includes new weapon and vehicle info as well as new armor types.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Bansheesdie

Nobody seems to have posted the new news yet. Its up on 1up.com and includes new weapon and vehicle info as well as new armor types.hazuki87

The Brute Chopper and customized Spartan suits?

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
Playing Custom Game right now and it is freaking awesome.
RDS_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 RDS_Phoenix
Member since 2007 • 173 Posts

For easy customs, get into a party with someone else, then press B and leave the party. BOOM, custom lobby.

There is a huge amount of stuff to change, it's great fun!

gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#235 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts

So guys, whats different this time around? I have yet to play the beta.

mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 mirlegend

So guys, whats different this time around? I have yet to play the beta.

gingerdivid

in the beta its 3 new maps, the ability to save movies of the match you just played, new weapons, equipment, weapons alot more balanced and if you can get into the custom lobby a hell of alot of things to do to the game.

in the full game for multiplayer theres different skins for the character, infection mode, 4 player online co-op, rumoured map editor, alot more new maps, vehicles, weapons etc, more refined film options and more.

mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 mirlegend

For easy customs, get into a party with someone else, then press B and leave the party. BOOM, custom lobby.

RDS_Phoenix

doesnt seem to work for me.

mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 mirlegend

RDS_Phoenix

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 waynehead895
[QUOTE="RDS_Phoenix"]

mirlegend

I think you have to be in a party with someone who has custom games set up first. 

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
all I have to say is that there is a lot for Bungie to work on.  weapon - vehicle - item balance is off by a longshot. melee is iffy.  a lot of the weapon damages are iffy (such as the AR on zero shield).  the laser is very unbalancing.  it is still fun, but id much rather play halo 2 atm. 
buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts
[QUOTE="Hater3000"]

THETRUEDOZAH

never have I seen a typo so hilarious as this.  Outstanding.

Indeed!  It has to be intentional, but funny nonetheless.  I find that crouching is weird in this game... I have it set to the option where you hold down the stick to crouch, but it won't let me crouch while I'm moving.  I have to stop moving, then press crouch or it won't work.  Weird...

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#243 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Indeed!  It has to be intentional, but funny nonetheless.  I find that crouching is weird in this game... I have it set to the option where you hold down the stick to crouch, but it won't let me crouch while I'm moving.  I have to stop moving, then press crouch or it won't work.  Weird...

buuzer0

Three things:

1.) It's a hilarious typo. I left it alone, but I'm glad someone else pointed it out.

2.) Maybe the crouching thing is a beta issue. Could be. This is, afterall, a beta :)

3.) Your sig made me laugh loudly here in my office. I found it humorous. :thumbsup:

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#244 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts

Here's the possible Halo 3 final boxart

mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 mirlegend

lantus

did you know microsoft game studio is involvd in halo 3? :P

MetalContra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 MetalContra
Member since 2006 • 1131 Posts

g

gf>mc 

raidenseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#247 raidenseven
Member since 2005 • 3223 Posts
[QUOTE="lantus"]

mirlegend

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lantus"]

mirlegend

got a link? :lol:

Forza_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Forza_2
Member since 2007 • 3083 Posts
The armor customization is pretty cool.
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 waynehead895
Would love that boxart if anf only if they tone down on the MSGS logos.