Official GS GOTY 2013 - Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Nintendomination continuation. I have a sneaking suspicion that Gamespot did this just to piss everyone off that thought trash like GTAV deserved the award.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252  Edited By Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

LOL Gotta feel bad for how irrelevant Gamecrap's opinion has become.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#253 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I don't see why the fuss about a handheld game winning. Last year, it was Journey and the cows couldn't be more ecstatic.He He.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

@whiskeystrike said:

@Zen_Light said:

@TREAL_Since said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Damn, this is a surprise, but it's a cool one. There were a ton of worthy games this year, though. All of the nominees could have walked away with it. The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, GTA V, Gone Home, Tomb Raider, and a ton more. One of the best years this gen, up there with 2010 (The GOAT) and 2007.

I guess I have to play ALBW now.

You have to play it now because it won GOTY? I guess I see what you mean. Before, you didn't have as much interest, but since it garnered high praise from GS staff, it caught your attention?

lol I was wondering the same thing. I guess some people like to be led while others like to lead.

Good lord it's just gaming.

You fuckers are serious.

Yes, I was dead serious when I asked him the question. I like to understand people better. I'ma serious fucker, lol.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#255  Edited By REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

@Meinhard1 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

I take it back. The gamespot comment section is only funny, the Neogaf comments about Gamespots GOTy is breathtaking

The problem with Zelda winning GOTY is it doesn't provide any social commentary.

Nintendo's entire philosophy is to create games that temporarily draw you away from reality. Games that are essentially created in a vacuum. That's a perfectly fine sort of game to enjoy, and it's possibly why their franchises have aged so well, but they're so abstract nothing can really be gleaned from them.

There's no incite. The player isn't changed by the experience. You turn the game off and move on with your life. You won't hop on the subway and see an elf. You

will

see GTA 5's Trevor, but you won't understand him.

If in 50 years someone want's to get a feel for what gaming (and life) in 2013 was like, is Zelda really the best example?

I think very, very few games can do that well.

At their best Nintendo games create memorable experiences that you think about even when you're not playing the game. That's why they're able to utilize nostalgia later on -- because their games give players great memories.

Insightful? Rarely. But not something you necessarily "turn off and move on with your life," either.

(Personally, If I want to be changed I'll turn to a book or good film.)

These are all very, very valid points. And it's actually the one beef I had with A Link Between Worlds: Its story said absolutely nothing, and just retreaded well-worn ground with a new coat of paint (in more ways than one, I guess). Its characters aren't really changed by anything, the shape of the narrative is still exactly the same despite the shake-up of the game's formula, and just when it borders the line of "clever" with its dialogue, it goes right back to the dependable cliches. But speaking to its gameplay, it's by far the best Zelda game in years -- probably since Wind Waker. And I think that, because of how engrossing that element of the game is (that "escape from reality"), it makes up for all of the above complaints. Because at the end of the day, even when I think about what made Ocarina of Time so magical for me, it was that sense of freedom and adventure that was guided *just enough* by a story to make me feel at home in a whole 'nother world.

Zelda definitely doesn't have the same cultural impact as something like GTA, but then again, it really doesn't need to. Or at least not right now.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

Treme kind of sucks ass.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

@TREAL_Since said:

@whiskeystrike said:

Good lord it's just gaming.

You fuckers are serious.

Yes, I was dead serious when I asked him the question. I like to understand people better. I'ma serious fucker, lol.

Didn't mean to keep you in the quote.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Eddie-Vedder said:

And yet here you are...in their forums. Giving them hits and thus giving them revenue from said hits.

They are so irrelevant you showed up to talk about their GOTY choice.

Looks like they're the ones laughing to the bank buddy.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#260 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Been a great year for 3DS owners.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
@sammyjenkis898 said:

Treme kind of sucks ass.

I love this post.

@Eddie-Vedder said:

I like to call them beatnik nonconformists.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

SO GLAD GTAV isn't taking home game of the year on most sites. The initial AWE wears off rather quickly and then the trudge of the games lame missions set in. Once again gamespot puts gameplay above anything else for their GOTY.

Way to go gamespot! Excellent choice!!!

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

It's funny seeing all the cows cry, bitch and moan about a handheld getting GOTY. They didn't say anything when a 2 hour PSN game won last year. Double standards much cows?

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Handheld for game of the year. Way to dodge a bullet GS. Controversial as always.
A very nostalgic SNES game.
To the delight of Nintendo, by no way does this mean Wii U has won anything.
As for handhelds, theres been some others 9/10 ie Guacamelee, Rayman Legends, but not exclusive.

If GS had an ongoing mobile review section, then handhelds war here would be something else.
Device 6 92/100
Asphalt 8 91/100
Ridiculous Fishing 93/100
XCOM enemy unknown 91/100
Zelda ALBW 90/100 on Metacritic.

Credit to the 3DS for sticking it out throughout the Tablet, Smartphone domination.
My two cents.

GTAV, TLOU, Bioshock, AC4, Tomb Raider are still raking it in everywhere.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

@Ackad said:

Lmfao GS sure has gone downhill.

More like your butthurt has gone downhill.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#266 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Well I will say this: ALBW >>>> GTAV.

So yeah ALBW is the best Zelda game since Majoras Mask. Why? Because 2D Zelda>3D Zelda and I love the rental and wall merging mechanics. Plus you can go any order. Although SS has the better dungeons, ALBW has the better ideas. Only issue I have is that the regular overworld being too similar (Lorule is awesome).

Anyways I beat all the dungeons but I haven't finished the game yet. Plus I still have to try some of the mini games and get more heart container pieces.

Ice Ruins is my favorite dungeon in the game.

Anyways I will try out the other nominees this month and next month. I just ordered TLOU so I'm looking forward to it.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#267 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

SO GLAD GTAV isn't taking home game of the year on most sites. The initial AWE wears off rather quickly and then the trudge of the games lame missions set in. Once again gamespot puts gameplay above anything else for their GOTY.

I'm assuming The Last of Us is sweeping it most everywhere else. Or am I wrong?

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

I take it back. The gamespot comment section is only funny, the Neogaf comments about Gamespots GOTy is breathtaking

The problem with Zelda winning GOTY is it doesn't provide any social commentary.

Nintendo's entire philosophy is to create games that temporarily draw you away from reality. Games that are essentially created in a vacuum. That's a perfectly fine sort of game to enjoy, and it's possibly why their franchises have aged so well, but they're so abstract nothing can really be gleaned from them.

There's no incite. The player isn't changed by the experience. You turn the game off and move on with your life. You won't hop on the subway and see an elf. You

will

see GTA 5's Trevor, but you won't understand him.

If in 50 years someone want's to get a feel for what gaming (and life) in 2013 was like, is Zelda really the best example?

lol you should read the youtube comments.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#269 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

I still think The Last of Us should've won, but I can't complain.

Easily the best Zelda game since Ocarina of Time, and probably my 2nd favorite next to A Link to the Past.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

@DarkLink77 said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

I'm assuming The Last of Us is sweeping it most everywhere else. Or am I wrong?

GTA5 and TLOU are winning thee majority of the awards. Its like 50% TLOU, 40% GTA5 and 10% everything else.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@AtariKidX: How many GOTY titles won with the Vita?

lawl can you imagine if a Vita title like Tearaway won GS GOTY? The cows would be going all ape shit against Nintendo and sheep, and annoying the **** out of everybody for months to come.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#272 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

@Zen_Light said:

@TREAL_Since said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Damn, this is a surprise, but it's a cool one. There were a ton of worthy games this year, though. All of the nominees could have walked away with it. The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, GTA V, Gone Home, Tomb Raider, and a ton more. One of the best years this gen, up there with 2010 (The GOAT) and 2007.

I guess I have to play ALBW now.

You have to play it now because it won GOTY? I guess I see what you mean. Before, you didn't have as much interest, but since it garnered high praise from GS staff, it caught your attention?

lol I was wondering the same thing. I guess some people like to be led while others like to lead.

There nothing wrong with playing a game because it's getting awards. That normally a good reason to go play a game or watch a movie. It lets you know that there is a movie or a game you have not played that you might like.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@ActicEdge said:

I'm kind of sad GOTY wasn't won by pretentious writing, mediocre gameplay mechanics and an attempt to push the median forward. Its this sort of initiative that makes the fact that I don't read reviews look ridiculous :( But in all honesty, Gamespot for the last few years has generally not picked the over all popular flavour of the year games as GOTY (well Journey is arguable). So while this should be surprising to me, I guess it isn't. 2D Zelda are some of my favs so I'm excited to play this. Also pretty pumped to start TLOU (today's the day)

Journey was wonderful.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

@HarlockJC said:

There nothing wrong with playing a game because it's getting awards. That normally a good reason to go play a game or watch a movie. It lets you know that there is a movie or a game you have not played that you might like.

It's fine if it's for the right reasons, but suddenly liking something solely because other anonymous people's opinions isn't one of them.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 ActicEdge

@jg4xchamp said:

@ActicEdge said:

I'm kind of sad GOTY wasn't won by pretentious writing, mediocre gameplay mechanics and an attempt to push the median forward. Its this sort of initiative that makes the fact that I don't read reviews look ridiculous :( But in all honesty, Gamespot for the last few years has generally not picked the over all popular flavour of the year games as GOTY (well Journey is arguable). So while this should be surprising to me, I guess it isn't. 2D Zelda are some of my favs so I'm excited to play this. Also pretty pumped to start TLOU (today's the day)

Journey was wonderful.

Wasn't my GOTY but I certainly agree with you. That said, you were here last year when it won and people were calling it the artsy flavour of year game. Meh, I wasn't convinced it would be any good til I played it. Very solid game was fantastic art direction. Also one of those games that knew not to overstay its welcome (which I prefer).

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By jg4xchamp

@ActicEdge said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@ActicEdge said:

Journey was wonderful.

Wasn't my GOTY but I certainly agree with you. That said, you were here last year when it won and people were calling it the artsy flavour of year game. Meh, I wasn't convinced it would be any good til I played it. Very solid game was fantastic art direction. Also one of those games that knew not to overstay its welcome (which I prefer).

It's one of the few artsy games that gets it right. I disagree with its place as flavor of the year. I can easily go back to that game at anytime.

Regardless this forum loves crying about someone having a different opinion.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By jg4xchamp
@sammyjenkis898 said:

Treme kind of sucks ass.

Eh, it wasn't like it was The Sopranos ending or something. I don't know, it's not great, but what are you gonna do. It's not like dude went from making Six Feet Under to True Blood.

Did you see the Boardwalk Empire season this year? Season was sooo good.

@ActicEdge said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@ActicEdge said:

Journey was wonderful.

It's one of the few artsy games that gets it right. I disagree with its place as flavor of the year. I can easily go back to that game at anytime.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#278  Edited By DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@ActicEdge said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@ActicEdge said:

Journey was wonderful.

Truth.

Cows are so salty because The Last of Us didn't win. They thought it could pull off the upset, even with dat 8.0. And then McShea crushed their hopes and dreams, like he always does.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 ActicEdge

@jg4xchamp said:

Fair enough about Journey

Also agreed about SW, its just a massive culmination of people being pissed about someone else's opinion. Any how, I'm just happy a handheld game can be GOTY. I like that gaming (at least on GS) is getting to the point where a good game can be recognized simply because its a good game. (not that winning GOTY is the only way to be recognized)

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

I approve of this choice.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 jg4xchamp

@ActicEdge said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Also agreed about SW, its just a massive culmination of people being pissed about someone else's opinion. Any how, I'm just happy a handheld game can be GOTY. I like that gaming (at least on GS) is getting to the point where a good game can be recognized simply because its a good game. (not that winning GOTY is the only way to be recognized)

Yeah I don't know about that. Handhelds are still slums

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#282 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts

Wow congrats cant wait to play it myself, but my backlog is giant right now, haven't even opened Wind Waker HD :(

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By ActicEdge

@jg4xchamp said:

@ActicEdge said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Yeah I don't know about that. Handhelds are still slums

I never really understood why you dislike handhelds so much. I mean, I personally like consoles more for certain genre but handhelds have had great games for such a long time.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

I'm just going to put this here

GOTY awards on a site like this don't have any weight whatsoever for two reasons

-The people that choose the winner haven't even played all they games THEY wanted to let alone any games that might pleasantly surprise them. How can a game of the year be awarded if the deciders haven't even played all the possible candidates.

-Your opinion is the only one that matters. Why should you care what a random group of people think is the best? It means nothing

Having said that, A Link Between Worlds is a fantastic game and worthy of praise. Platform should never matter when deciding what game you enjoyed the most. That's completely irrelevant.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 ActicEdge

@Pikminmaniac said:

GOTY awards on a site like this don't have any weight whatsoever for two reasons

-The people that choose the winner haven't even played all they games THEY wanted to let alone any games that might pleasantly surprise them. How can a game of the year be awarded if the deciders haven't even played all the possible candidates.

-Your opinion is the only one that matters. Why should you care what a random group of people think is the best? It means nothing

Having said that, A Link Between Worlds is a fantastic game and worthy of praise. Platform should never matter when deciding what game you enjoyed the most. That's completely irrelevant.

You think this is different for any other site? Of course all the people picking GOTY haven't played every single possible nominee. They all have lives outside of video games and many of these titles are long as hell and many are in genres they don't like. Its just a reality that they won't play all the candidates individually? Who cares? The point is they came together as a collective and tried to make a group decision.

You're telling us what each and every person already knows. This is all for SW shits and giggles. No one is using GS opinion to now define what they think is the best. I dunno why people constantly feel like they need to say this. Its obvious, its always been obvious :|

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#286 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Oooh. that's gotta be a pain in the udders.

Lol, cows am cry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#287 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@TREAL_Since said:
@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

The year of the 3DS.

Flawless victory. A handheld game showed all the other games what true game design is.

Based Nintendo. Please make the Wii U Zelda like this one.

Lol, what is True game design char?

Because last time I checked you're not a game developer.

I wanted to comment on this as well. What is true game design? I'm sure it's char's personal perspective that Nintendo delivers true games design, but I can't put my finger on what that is exactly. Saying they create some of the most 'incredible' or 'amazing' game design would fit better maybe? He IS a game player and has enjoyed so many games in his life, so that gives him personal understanding of what true design is I suppose.

Anyways, Nintendo had one of their best years this year concerning games. They've showered the handheld scene with some incredible stuff (the Wii U, too!).

They absolutely created an amazing game and I am in no way denying that. Also Nintendo makes really solid games.

But sitting here calling it "True Game Design" is kinda stupid. ALBTW is an awesome zelda games, they do enough to shake it up with the equipment and dungeons. But It's just Legend of Zelda with rental equipment and do a dungeon in any order. But aside from everything else this year it's not my PERSONAL GOTY but it does deserve it.

As far as i'm concerned there's nothing that exist that's "True Game Design" games are made for all types of people and things. Are there core mechanics to game design styles? Absolutely.

Sorry, poor word choice on my part. I meant pure game design. As in unadulterated game design not bogged down by any tangential concerns. Just a focus on game mechanics, interactivity, level design, and player agency. I think A Link Between Worlds exemplified that approach and showed how ultimately, if a game is accomplished in those key areas, nothing else matters.

Of course, this is my opinion, and both of you are free to disagree.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@TheEroica said:

@charizard1605: and the world shall know harmony once again.... There can only be one title given to a sequel to the game of all time and it starts with GOTY.... big win Char.... Congrats to us.

You should really have an early Christmas :P

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@TREAL_Since said:
@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

The year of the 3DS.

Flawless victory. A handheld game showed all the other games what true game design is.

I wanted to comment on this as well. What is true game design? I'm sure it's char's personal perspective that Nintendo delivers true games design, but I can't put my finger on what that is exactly. Saying they create some of the most 'incredible' or 'amazing' game design would fit better maybe? He IS a game player and has enjoyed so many games in his life, so that gives him personal understanding of what true design is I suppose.

Anyways, Nintendo had one of their best years this year concerning games. They've showered the handheld scene with some incredible stuff (the Wii U, too!).

They absolutely created an amazing game and I am in no way denying that. Also Nintendo makes really solid games.

But sitting here calling it "True Game Design" is kinda stupid. ALBTW is an awesome zelda games, they do enough to shake it up with the equipment and dungeons. But It's just Legend of Zelda with rental equipment and do a dungeon in any order. But aside from everything else this year it's not my PERSONAL GOTY but it does deserve it.

As far as i'm concerned there's nothing that exist that's "True Game Design" games are made for all types of people and things. Are there core mechanics to game design styles? Absolutely.

Sorry, poor word choice on my part. I meant pure game design. As in unadulterated game design not bogged down by any tangential concerns. Just a focus on game mechanics, interactivity, level design, and player agency. I think A Link Between Worlds exemplified that approach and showed how ultimately, if a game is accomplished in those key areas, nothing else matters.

There we go, that's what I was looking for. There you are right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@DarkLink77 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

.....Ok

I can't say I agree that a game like this is more deserving than GTA V (a game that does everything and does it all incredibly well) but whatever.

Maybe one day I'll decide its a worthwhile purchase for my 3DS.

It's the best game on the 3DS, the best handheld game ever made, the best Zelda game in 20 years, and the best game of this year. Honestly, I don't know what other recommendation you want.

Yo, this is nonsense.

Ocarina of Time is better. So are Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask.

Not really: A Link Between Worlds does everything I want from a Zelda game best. But like I said, everyone seems to want different things from Zelda games, so your mileage may vary xD

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

I'm just glad GTA5 didn't win, I fell for the hype yet again ;(

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

@ActicEdge said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

You think this is different for any other site? Of course all the people picking GOTY haven't played every single possible nominee. They all have lives outside of video games and many of these titles are long as hell and many are in genres they don't like. Its just a reality that they won't play all the candidates individually? Who cares? The point is they came together as a collective and tried to make a group decision.

You're telling us what each and every person already knows. This is all for SW shits and giggles. No one is using GS opinion to now define what they think is the best. I dunno why people constantly feel like they need to say this. Its obvious, its always been obvious :|

Yeah I'm aware it isn't just this site. That's why I said a site like this one. I just don't get why most entertainment awards are worth much to anybody when, as far as I can tell, they mean nothing.

It seems like a lot of people don't know this and are taking it too seriously. That's why I posted what I did. People need to calm down. A Link Between Worlds won... So what? It's no big deal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@TREAL_Since said:
@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

The year of the 3DS.

Haha, I got carried away in my excitement :P

I sent you a friend request on Wii U brah, accept it when you get the chance.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@TREAL_Since said:
@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

The year of the 3DS.

Haha, I got carried away in my excitement :P

I sent you a friend request on Wii U brah, accept it when you get the chance.

Don't do it AM, don't taint your friends list with this pleb.

Jipset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By Jipset
Member since 2008 • 2410 Posts

Considering how impressed staff members like McShea were, I'm kind of not surprised.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I own this game and it is pretty freaking awesome.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#297  Edited By GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

1. Gamespot has consistently given GOTY based on gameplay, not narrative or characters. Last of Us had no real chance.

2. Gamespot has consistently given GOTY to something original as opposed to a game that is well executed. Obviously the changes within GTA5, Bioshock Infinite, Arkham Origins, and AC4 weren't enough. I can see that.

Bottom line is that Gamespot likes to make a statement with their GOTY. Journey comes to mind. This is the site that correctly gave GOTY to Demons Souls instead of Uncharted 2 (unlike a lot of sites)

I didn't expect ALBW to win, but I'm liking the choice more and more. It's the only game I played this year that I played all the way through twice and would replay again.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

How many people are bitching about this choice without even playing a link between worlds ?

Pathetic

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#299  Edited By PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Ok, Chaz you were right. This did cause alot of butthurt.

...but now I have to get ALBW...bleh

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#300  Edited By drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

The Zelda series is a mighty fine one all things considered, so it makes it all the more strange that I still cannot care less about ever playing this game despite winning the grand prize.

So there's that.