Official E3 Microsoft Thread || Xbox One X @ $499 + a whole lot of games!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50594 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@gordonfreeman said:
@i_p_daily said:

Interesting, the cows are more in here then the PS4 thread, I wonder why hmmmmm???

They're nervous.

About what? they have all the biggest marketing deals, plenty of exclusives, their console has the most sales, and the most powerful console in the worl.....oh right now I getcha :P

@Chutebox said:
@i_p_daily said:

Interesting, the cows are more in here then the PS4 thread, I wonder why hmmmmm???

And the thread so far has actually been pretty civil with good discussion.

Expect that to change in about 18hrs lol.

Ya, no doubt about that haha

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

3 pages and the rest have a couple dozen post. Cute

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@loe12k said:

Jez just tweeted this, hope he's wrong. I not surprised though.

If it costs more than 400 it will be DOA unless they've got some megaton exclusives that somehow haven't leaked which I highly doubt.

No, it won't be... $399 was always going to be a long shot. Everyone (in particular cows & the media) have got in their heads that if it isn't $399 then it's going to "fail", which is ridiculous. For what Scorpio is, and what it's packing, $449 or $499 was always going to be more realistic. This is a premium console, that isn't for everyone.

What if its both... ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

Anthem looks pretty cool!

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#105 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@kinky-unikorn said:

is this exclusive on xbox?

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

@commander: Mmm I'm not sure bro...I've been reading people calling it an exclusive for Xbox, I know they'll be showcasing it on the Scorpio tomorrow...

Another thread on here talks about it won't be 4K on other platforms, unless it means Xbox One S...

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@lifelessablaze: just got invited for this week's sessions, unfortunately no time to play. From what I've seen the gameplay looks fun, they just need to be able to put it in a decent context and storyline

Yeah I mean, it's just alpha but it's pretty much just a survival game

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20130 Posts

@kinky-unikorn said:

@commander: Mmm I'm not sure bro...I've been reading people calling it an exclusive for Xbox, I know they'll be showcasing it on the Scorpio tomorrow...

Another thread on here talks about it won't be 4K on other platforms, unless it means Xbox One S...

It's EA. It'll be PS4/XBOX/PC. The 4K exclusion is for PS4 and Xbox One S. They're just using MS' stage to officially announce it.

GordonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 GordonFreeman
Member since 2017 • 588 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@kinky-unikorn said:

It's EA. It'll be PS4/XBOX/PC. The 4K exclusion is for PS4 and Xbox One S. They're just using MS' stage to officially announce it.

It could be for Pro as well, you have to remember it's a decently less capable system.

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

I just hope scorpio keeps an interesting name and isn't over $600 AUD

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 commander

@Zero_epyon said:
@kinky-unikorn said:

source?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@commander said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kinky-unikorn said:

source?

Common sense it the source, at best Sony can only hope for the 3rd best version, but since it's getting announced at MS stage probably means MS has the (ready for the buzz words on SW) marketing rights.

GordonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 GordonFreeman

Let's talk about names for Scorpio, what does everyone think it's going to be? Also, do you think One is going to be dropped from its Xbox name or would that cause confusion?

I was convinced from the moment it was announced that it would be Xbox Infinite or something of that nature, but the closer we are to the reveal I almost feel as if the codename of Scorpio is the actual system name.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

I still can't believe people think power can sell a console over price. Price beats it 100% of the time. The PS4 Pro will sell better if Scorpio is $500 no doubt.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@gordonfreeman said:

Let's talk about names for Scorpio, what does everyone think it's going to be? Also, do you think One is going to be dropped from its Xbox name or would that cause confusion?

I was convinced from the moment it was announced that it would be Xbox Infinite or something of that nature, but the closer we are to the reveal I almost feel as if the codename of Scorpio is the actual system name.

They should just call it Xbox Scorpio, and to be honest all the other names that I've heard are shit.

Anyway see you all tomorrow as F1 is on at 4am then once it finishes all I have to do is wait an hour for Microsoft's conference to start.

Peace out.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

@worknow222 said:

We can only hope dude. I think $600 is a touch optimistic, but hey, you never know.

For $600 it's a day one for me. Anything higher and they might have to do a little bit of convincing...like a couple of awesome games maybe?

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Hoping price to be no more than $450 US, and hopefully some trade in offers. I usually wait a year on consoles just to be sure the bugs are worked out, so should be 399 or less by then. And would like to keep my One for another room or office.

Early adopters always pay a premium and sure they will come out for 450 with all the specs this is offering.

Hope everyone has a great E3! I got some beers to chill, wings to prep, grill to get ready. It's going to be some nerd nirvana up in here! Damn just remembered forgot the nachos... Thank god there is still time

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By worknow222

@hitmanactual said:
@worknow222 said:

We can only hope dude. I think $600 is a touch optimistic, but hey, you never know.

For $600 it's a day one for me. Anything higher and they might have to do a little bit of convincing...like a couple of awesome games maybe?

yeah same. Though if it comes out in october $100 paid off a fortnight wont feel to bad if it's $600 overall. Hell if it's like the pro $550 would be great

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Just wanted to put out there, don't be surprised to see a new version of the xbox elite controller.

still want one but heard the 1st version is not holding up too well. Heard many problems with cheap plastic used around top bumpers.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

@worknow222 said:
@hitmanactual said:
@worknow222 said:

yeah same. Though if it comes out in october $100 paid off a fortnight wont feel to bad if it's $600 overall. Hell if it's like the pro $550 would be great

That's why I don't think it will be $600, it's much more machine than the Pro, so I'm guessing the price will be a step up as well.

Won't be long hopefully and we will finally get some details.

A nicely priced console only package without controllers would be a great option and would hopefully make the price a bit more reasonable in our neck of the woods.

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 worknow222

@hitmanactual said:
@worknow222 said:
@hitmanactual said:
@worknow222 said:

That's why I don't think it will be $600, it's much more machine than the Pro, so I'm guessing the price will be a step up as well.

Won't be long hopefully and we will finally get some details.

A nicely priced console only package without controllers would be a great option and would hopefully make the price a bit more reasonable in our neck of the woods.

that and a 3 TB hard drive would be great. or 2

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 commander

@i_p_daily said:
@commander said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kinky-unikorn said:

source?

Common sense it the source, at best Sony can only hope for the 3rd best version, but since it's getting announced at MS stage probably means MS has the (ready for the buzz words on SW) marketing rights.

common sense would be that you don't know if it's exclusive for xbox or not, there's no way of knowing what microsoft has up its sleeve, I mean they dropped the legends exclusivity deal for fifa 18. It could also be a timed exclusive or it could be like you said 'marketing rights'.

But it's far from a given it's just marketing rights...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#123 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@loe12k said:
@Desmonic said:

Quite possible. E3 is now more than just 2-3 days of conferences. We're sarting today and only ending on the 14th with the big shows for example, it's quite possible devs/publisher will want some games to get their own showings instead of being grouped together with more games.

Just odd a first party exclusive would skip the E3 MS conference? Just me thinking they got another game by Rare to show?

I'm gonna laugh if its Battletoads. They've been hinting at it for years but I don't think there are 10 people that actually want it.

If they're smart they would give Perfect Dark another shot.

I disagree there. They nor gaming in general need another FPS.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#124  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@storm_of_swords said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@loe12k said:
@Desmonic said:

Quite possible. E3 is now more than just 2-3 days of conferences. We're sarting today and only ending on the 14th with the big shows for example, it's quite possible devs/publisher will want some games to get their own showings instead of being grouped together with more games.

Just odd a first party exclusive would skip the E3 MS conference? Just me thinking they got another game by Rare to show?

I'm gonna laugh if its Battletoads. They've been hinting at it for years but I don't think there are 10 people that actually want it.

I'd buy a new Battletoads game. Though I would definitely prefer a new Perfect Dark or Conker's Bad Fur Day.

The funny thing is when Sony makes a game that doesn't sell well like TLG cows say well it wasn't meant to be a big seller its done for the fans. But if MS makes a game that was asked for by fans and it doesn't sell well its a different tune LOL

Who gives a crap if a new Battletoads sells millions? If fans want it, make it. But I agree I'd rather have a new Conker

GordonFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 GordonFreeman

@cainetao11 said:
@storm_of_swords said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@loe12k said:
@Desmonic said:

I'd buy a new Battletoads game. Though I would definitely prefer a new Perfect Dark or Conker's Bad Fur Day.

The funny thing is when Sony makes a game that doesn't sell well like TLG cows say well it wasn't meant to be a big seller its done for the fans. But if MS makes a game that was asked for by fans and it doesn't sell well its a different tune LOL

Who gives a crap if a new Battletoads sells millions? If fans want it, make it. But I agree I'd rather have a new Conker

The PlayStation community is notorious for bandwagoning behind what they have no intention of buying or playing simply because it's on their platform. The Last Guardian is a brilliant example of this, it's a game the PlayStation community has been raving about for the better part of a decade, it's something they state ushered in a win at e3 in 2015 and do you know what happened? The game likely sold around a million units, maybe even under, that's not a small number on its own but when you look at what is going on surrounding it it's a tiny figure.

That's like 1.7% of PlayStation 4 owners who bought that game, yet journalists went nuts, people at e3 went nuts, people on the internet everywhere went nuts, and the reality is that most of them were simply being fake as ****.

It's the same fake ass people that bandwagoned behind Shenmue III when it was announced, I'd wager a good 95% of the people who talked that up have not only never played that game, but never even owned a Dreamcast yet they all act like they care.

It's pathetic on so many different levels.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

I'm looking forward to this today! :)

Originally I wasn't going to watch the E3 shows live but it seems like it might be more possible than I thought.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@pinkanimal said:

I still can't believe people think power can sell a console over price. Price beats it 100% of the time. The PS4 Pro will sell better if Scorpio is $500 no doubt.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10864/discrete-desktop-gpu-market-trends-q3-2016/4

NVIDIA itself attributes its success in the third quarter to sales of its Pascal-based products — the GeForce GTX 1060, 1070 and 1080 as well as their mobile brethren

For the three-quarters so far in 2016, NVIDIA has sold approximately 25 million of desktop discrete GPUs.

There's a large market for GTX 1060 level GPU.

Effective power upgrade is very important and half-ass-ed upgrade wouldn't be enough.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

If Scorpio is at $400 I'll be damn shocked, I think it can be justified at $450 and $500 is seriously pushing it too far.

It's ultimately going to be how much it costs to build and how much Microsoft are willing to make/loose on it.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@ronvalencia: that's PC gaming which is very different from console gaming. Power has never been a defining purchase factor in console gaming.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#130  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

The Switch's price was considered too high. Nobody would pay $300 for a console/handheld weaker than an XB1. No, it had to be $250, that was the price it was going to be. And when it turned out to be $300 you were thinking that was a mistake. A new Xbox One S today costs $280 (with a game). So this one will be what... $350, $400 tops? You can't get away now by saying that $400 would be low, unless it has some killer lineup. And it better have a killer lineup. You guys could not stop talking about how much the Switch lineup sucked. So the bar has been set, high.

Almost forgot. It better come with a game, too. Remember that part? Fair expectations.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

I am looking forward to seeing the game-play footage of Anthem.

Hopefully there are some Japanese action games coming to Xbox One also.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@loe12k said:
@Desmonic said:

I would take both. I'm sure the other 9 wouldn't mind a new Battletoads either. It has to have the pause music though.

Loading Video...

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@pinkanimal said:

@ronvalencia: that's PC gaming which is very different from console gaming. Power has never been a defining purchase factor in console gaming.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

Why is the Ms e3 thread already 3 pages?

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@commander said:
@kinky-unikorn said:

is this exclusive on xbox?

Multiplat, i believe. Microsoft just has the marketing rights.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56227 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@gordonfreeman said:

They should just call it Xbox Scorpio, and to be honest all the other names that I've heard are shit.

For once, I agree with Daily here, just name it: "Xbox Scorpio" sounds a lot better and give the Xbox One name a new look if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, Xbox One name is hardly better but NOT worst then Wii U name however.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Zero_epyon

@gordonfreeman said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kinky-unikorn said:

It could be for Pro as well, you have to remember it's a decently less capable system.

That's what I meant. Scorpio/Pro not XBO S and regular PS4.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Zero_epyon

@commander said:
@i_p_daily said:
@commander said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kinky-unikorn said:

source?

common sense would be that you don't know if it's exclusive for xbox or not, there's no way of knowing what microsoft has up its sleeve, I mean they dropped the legends exclusivity deal for fifa 18. It could also be a timed exclusive or it could be like you said 'marketing rights'.

At the bottom of their teaser it says 4K resolution not available on all platforms. If it was Xbox exclusive, it would have just said 4K unavailable on Xbox One S. This game is going to be on multiple platforms.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Zero_epyon

@slimdogmilionar said:

Why not? There's much to discuss and to be hyped about!

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7712 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@slimdogmilionar said:

regardless of what people here say, there's always buzz when new hardware is coming

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56227 Posts

@gordonfreeman said:

The PlayStation community is notorious for bandwagoning behind what they have no intention of buying or playing simply because it's on their platform. The Last Guardian is a brilliant example of this, it's a game the PlayStation community has been raving about for the better part of a decade, it's something they state ushered in a win at e3 in 2015 and do you know what happened? The game likely sold around a million units, maybe even under, that's not a small number on its own but when you look at what is going on surrounding it it's a tiny figure.

That's like 1.7% of PlayStation 4 owners who bought that game, yet journalists went nuts, people at e3 went nuts, people on the internet everywhere went nuts, and the reality is that most of them were simply being fake as ****.

It's the same fake ass people that bandwagoned behind Shenmue III when it was announced, I'd wager a good 95% of the people who talked that up have not only never played that game, but never even owned a Dreamcast yet they all act like they care.

The main problem why The Last Guardian didn't sell well is mainly for it's notorious hiatus and due to multiple delays, it had lost a lot of hype and TLG was still in it's development ever since the PS3 arrival. Everyone moved on when it finally release to PS4, I didn't think it was gonna have the hype that it had back in PS3 era.

I pay only $40 for TLG and I haven't even played the game yet due to my backlog of games.

nickp91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 nickp91
Member since 2011 • 68 Posts

Actually hoping they just name the Xbox Scorpio

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I wouldn't trust too much in E3 footage as often the retail release is never quite as good looking.

@howmakewood said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@slimdogmilionar said:

regardless of what people here say, there's always buzz when new hardware is coming

And I would be suspicious if the 6TF rumor is true. 6 TF's? Is this single precision floating or dual?..that makes a huge difference.

For one it's a theoretical maximum given by the processor maker that doesn't necessarily equal how a developer makes use of more power. Second 2 TF's higher usually only equates to a few frames per second at best. Third, some GPU's with higher TFLOP's have been seen to actually perform worse as real world performance is dependent on things like the structure of the processor, frame buffers, core speed, and other important specifications.

Basically this is like if some dude who's tall and skinny says he can run fast, by appearance you believe he can but may depend on what kind of shoes he wears. What I take from such a number is that games will look basically the same as PS4 Pro but capable of a few more fps if pushed which few developers will probably do anyway. Most will likely develop on PC, knock the most subtle graphics down a notch for Scorpio and merely tweak texture detail distance, AA and possibly shadows for the PS4 pro version. All else is just marketing, hype and wishful dreams of console gamers.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

To be fair, MS's E3 this year IS the one to watch, due to Scorpio alone. That can make or break them for the rest of the gen, so it's no surprise people are more active/excited about this conference than others.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

My sources are telling me MS won't have any big game announcements. Sorry guys.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

Yeah that explain why the Pro is selling only 20% and the slim the other 80% because graphics only matter..Hahahahaaa

And before you even dare to downplay the Pro power or claims is not a big upgrade 1800p is not a standard even on PC 1080p is,regardless of powerful card capable of 1440p and higher resolutions existing for years now.

So the Pro is double the power without taking into account that Polaris GCN is superior to Sea Island GCN,and without taking into account Vega features which i am sure make the Pro more than twice as powerful as the normal PS4.

Scorpio will have a rude awaking this holiday when it faces as $199 XBOS and Slime PS4,and probably a $299 Pro as well.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Zero_epyon

@pimphand_gamer said:

I wouldn't trust too much in E3 footage as often the retail release is never quite as good looking.

@howmakewood said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@slimdogmilionar said:

And I would be suspicious if the 6TF rumor is true. 6 TF's? Is this single precision floating or dual?..that makes a huge difference.

For one it's a theoretical maximum given by the processor maker that doesn't necessarily equal how a developer makes use of more power. Second 2 TF's higher usually only equates to a few frames per second at best. Third, some GPU's with higher TFLOP's have been seen to actually perform worse as real world performance is dependent on things like the structure of the processor, frame buffers, core speed, and other important specifications.

Basically this is like if some dude who's tall and skinny says he can run fast, by appearance you believe he can but may depend on what kind of shoes he wears. What I take from such a number is that games will look basically the same as PS4 Pro but capable of a few more fps if pushed which few developers will probably do anyway. Most will likely develop on PC, knock the most subtle graphics down a notch for Scorpio and merely tweak texture detail distance, AA and possibly shadows for the PS4 pro version. All else is just marketing, hype and wishful dreams of console gamers.

Have you seen Digital Foundry's article on the scorpio's specs?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@commander said:

What make you think MS dropped and wasn't EA?

You actually believe that developer have to say yes mandatory to deals with MS?

@gordonfreeman said:

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa You mean like sunset over drive? How about Titanfall that was suppose to be the be all end all of FPS with 100's of E3 awards only to sell abysmally in 3 different platforms for a game with such hype it should have sold 10 million in a few months.

Lets pretend lemmings never talked about sales and brag about them and this gen they do nothing but damage control the pathetic sales of the xbox one games,why do you think xbox one exclusives are landing on PC? Because MS really love PC gaming?

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Their games were bombing left and right,Forza Horizon 3 outsold F5 and F6 because it is on PC,some like Quantum Break could not be save even with PC,which is incredible since Quantum Break was another huge hyped game that ended selling low for the hype it carry and that one like Titanfall were shooter not a Japanese game which tend to sell on the lower side.

Even Halo sales are down in a huge way.

@slimdogmilionar said:

Already? dude in the old days this thread would be 14 pages long by now or more.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Zero_epyon

@gordonfreeman said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@gordonfreeman said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@gordonfreeman said:

Yes, however given what I said his implication could simply be seen as this is a premium device so of course it's going to cost more than what is around it, but that doesn't facilitate it as being expensive.

However you want to spin it...

It's not spin, I just don't see it the same way as you may.

He also went onto to say that it wouldn't be priced so far from the Xbox One S that they would feel disconnected, and that just dropped in price to $250.

Well if that's true and going solely that, then $399 should be since Xbox One S just got dropped to $199

Oh it got dropped to $199? That's pretty aggressive, I thought it was $250.

This is Phil's direct quote btw.

"When we designed both of these, which we kind of designed it in parallel. We thought about the price performance of what we wanted to hit with the Scorpio, relative to what we were going to be able to do with the S. So that we would have a good price continuum, so people wouldn't look at these two things as so disconnected because of the price delta"

It turns out there was some confusion. The price drop is only for bundles and those bundles are now at 249.99. Xbox One S by itself is not 199. To bad too, I was actually ready to buy one at that price.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Apparently the new Ori game leaked.

I still need to the play the last one. Love the art direction.