No matter how many devs MS acquires, you will never get GoW Ragnarok kind of quality on an Xbox system.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@hardwenzen: Sorry, I know the truth hurts.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#202 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

To be fair, you don't really need a PS5 to enjoy PS games... you can just watch them on Youtube. Same experience.

😂

You are not lying.🤷🏽‍♂️

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#203 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@Mozelleple112: I can’t knock it if that’s what you like, once I play a single player game once I rarely play them again.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 hrt_rulz01

@Pedro: I know... But the truth hurts some 😉

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Pedro

@tdkmillsy: Well you cornered the poor lad.🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#206 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@hardwenzen: Sorry, I know the truth hurts.

Sheep are usually incredibly delusional. You wouldn't know the truth🤡

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Pedro
@hrt_rulz01 said:

@Pedro: I know... But the truth hurts some 😉

Apparently, you jabbed particularly hard with that comment.🤭

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 hrt_rulz01

@Pedro: Lol yep, it seems so.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 hardwenzen

@hrt_rulz01: When Ragnarok comes out, i will take two beautiful pics, and post them in here just to remind you that you will NEVER play that game. Admiring those pics will be your only option.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#210  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11281 Posts

@slimdogmilionar: Me too. In fact out of 205 games on PS4/PS5 I probably have 150+ where I didnt even finish them once.

Out of those 150 unfinished games, probably only made it half way through half of them.

but when you talk about games of such high quality like TLOU, TLOU2, GOW, Elden Ring, Dark Souls 1-3, Sekiro (end of list) I beat them 3-5+ times each.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 hrt_rulz01

@hardwenzen: Lol... I have zero interest in watching that game.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#212 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10440 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@slimdogmilionar: GOWR is going to be an absolute masterpiece and who said it was a one and done?

I have 98 hours in GOW, 117 hours in TLOU2 and 57 hours in the TLOU1 remake (not finished playing)

when you make the best games of all time, they get played way more than once.

how you finding tlou remake? also how have you managed to get 57 hours out of it without finishing it?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

@hrt_rulz01: When Ragnarok comes out, i will take two beautiful pics, and post them in here just to remind you that you will NEVER play that game. Admiring those pics will be your only option.

Make sure you select the highest resolution possible on Youtube before you take your pictures.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Damage control about how good of a deal Gamepass is? Nothing on Sony's end will ever come close. Just like nothing from Nintendo will ever come close to being as good of a deal.

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@hardwenzen: Lol... I have zero interest in watching that game.

Me too.

I couldnt care less about Ragnarok. It looks to be one of those all flash no substance kind of deals. Since it seems to be focusing on spectacle this time around, rather than characterization, I doubt it will have the one thing GoW: Reboot had going for it.

If someone were to gift it to me, I would probably return it. So they dont waste their money. And I dont waste my time.

Edit: And all flash, no substance garbage like GoW is a one and done deal. Meanwhile, Forza Horizon 5 will still be played all the way until Forza Horizon 6. And same goes with Age of Empires 4.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:

Make sure you select the highest resolution possible on Youtube before you take your pictures.

For you, i will take it directly from the ps5, just so you're mind blown by its visuals and feel sad about Infinite being so far behind.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#216 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12956 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

I'll leave this here. This game looks great.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

I am sure it will be a decent game. I thought God of War 2018 was pretty good.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 hardwenzen

With every single upcoming day, lemming stress level is increasing. Within one week of Ragnarok release, i can only imagine how bad they'll be feeling like.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:

With every single upcoming day, lemming stress level is increasing. Within one week of Ragnarok release, i can only imagine how bad they'll be feeling like.

Maybe encourage them to buy a PS4 so they can play this game.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Mozelleple112

@Macutchi: I love The Last of remake. Its literally the best game I have played since The Last of Us (2013). Elden Ring, comes dangerously close though, as did TLOU2.

Perfect story, perfect gameplay, perfect narration, perfect game direction, perfect character development, sound design, accessbility etc. all class leading.

It took me 30 hours on my first playthrough (Survivor but with very easy resources), about 25 hours on my second playthrough (Survivor+ with moderate+ resources) and now I got the platinum trophy after 62 hours, I'm on the third chapter of the game, playing in Grounded+.

It takes me long because I am collecting the platinum trophy without looking at guides lol. thorough exploration + memory from the original, though I am certain some things have changed places.

Overall some of the best spent €90 of my life. So many new games I bought in 2018-22 that I got bored after 5 hours or less and haven't been able to play since.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 KvallyX

^ low standards

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

It takes time to build up quality from in house studios you look at how Santa Monica and naughty dog were built it wasn't over night. Ms can buy who they want but the studio needs to be nurtured over time to improve quality.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Macutchi

@Mozelleple112: ah i see, so when you said not finished you meant not platinumed lol. good man, sounds like youre having a blast. worth every penny if that's the case.

@kvallyx said:

^ low standards

sounds like he's living his best gaming life. playing his favourite game and loving every minute of it. that's the dream

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@hardwenzen said:

For you, i will take it directly from the ps5, just so you're mind blown by its visuals and feel sad about Infinite being so far behind.

No need to share with me, I'll be playing it for myself at some point.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts
@robert_sparkes said:

It takes time to build up quality from in house studios you look at how Santa Monica and naughty dog were built it wasn't over night. Ms can buy who they want but the studio needs to be nurtured over time to improve quality.

Yup, both Naughty Dog and Insomniac Games started with 5 or 6 employees on the Universal backlot.

Now, they have grown into huge studios employing hundreds of people making some of the best games in the business, almost 30 years later.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 tdkmillsy

@mysticaldonut said:
@robert_sparkes said:

Yup, both Naughty Dog and Insomniac Games started with 5 or 6 employees on the Universal backlot.

Now, they have grown into huge studios employing hundreds of people making some of the best games in the business, almost 30 years later.

Surely there are two options

start small work hard and build yourself a talented development company

or

Buy an existing talented development company

Microsoft (and Sony) are buying so there is no need to nurture an existing nurtured company.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 KvallyX

@Macutchi said:

@Mozelleple112: ah i see, so when you said not finished you meant not platinumed lol. good man, sounds like youre having a blast. worth every penny if that's the case.

@kvallyx said:

^ low standards

sounds like he's living his best gaming life. playing his favourite game and loving every minute of it. that's the dream

I have no issues with people having low standards. Whatever floats their boat. Look at me. I post pictures of feet.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Macutchi

@kvallyx: thought you were gonna say look at me i play halo. missed a trick there mate

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 KvallyX

@Macutchi said:

@kvallyx: thought you were gonna say look at me i play halo. missed a trick there mate

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

Oh God he's off his meds again

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 hardwenzen

@techhog89 said:

Oh God he's off his meds again

Hello cringehog😊

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By KvallyX

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 MysticalDonut

@tdkmillsy said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@robert_sparkes said:

Surely there are two options

start small work hard and build yourself a talented development company

or

Buy an existing talented development company

Microsoft (and Sony) are buying so there is no need to nurture an existing nurtured company.

I think Sony's strategy is better, they work with small to medium size companies, create new IPs with them, then eventually buy them out (Naughty Dog, Insomniac Games, Sucker Punch, Media Molecule, Evolution Studios, Zipper Interactive, Housemarque...). If they are publishing a game, and its a new IP, it makes sense for it to be exclusive to them.

I do not like the Microsoft strategy of buying out huge publishing companies like Bethesda and Activision-Blizzard. Taking dozens of multiplatform IPs and consolidating/monopolizing the industry is bad for everybody. Yes, they haven't done this yet with Call of Duty, Doom, Elder Scrolls, etc. but we will see what happens in the next few years.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By hardwenzen
@kvallyx said:

Nice list.

Starfield a delayed 2022 title

Avowed a 2026-2027 title

Fable... just like during 8th gen, "its in develpment" and will never come out (lets save it for the 10th gen, shall we? lmao)

Outer worlds 2 a 2024 title

ES6 a 2024-2025 title

SoD3 a nobody cares title

Contraband is a 2024 title (by the earliest)

Hellblade is a shitty linear game. Nobody cares when it comes out

Perfect Dark is the next Crackdown 3, and won't be out before 2025 by the earliest

RedFall is a game for Ghost. Let that sink in

Everwild is a game that Rare themselves doesn't what its about. Imagine that.

Forza will come out. Enjoy the CoD of racing games.

Indiana Jones is a 2027 title. Good luck with the wait.

Mara is a game i don't know about, but can already imagine it being a nightmare to develop because Microsoft management is🤮

Good luck with your games🤭

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 KvallyX

@mysticaldonut said:

I think Sony's strategy is better, they work with small to medium size companies, create new IPs with them, then eventually buy them out (Naughty Dog, Insomniac Games, Sucker Punch, Media Molecule, Evolution Studios, Zipper Interactive, Housemarque...). If they are publishing a game, and its a new IP, it makes sense for it to be exclusive to them.

That is what MS does as well. They did it with Playground Games with Horizon, and now making Fable. They developed a new studio (The Initiative) from scratch to bring back Fable. They have RARE making Sea of Thieves and Everwild. They have Obsidian making a new IP, Avowed. They have Arkane Studios making Redfall. They have Compulsion Games making a new IP.

They are doing what Sony has done and continues to do.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:

Nice list.

Indeed it is.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 MysticalDonut

@kvallyx said:
@mysticaldonut said:

That is what MS does as well. They did it with Playground Games with Horizon, and now making Fable. They developed a new studio (The Initiative) from scratch to bring back Fable. They have RARE making Sea of Thieves and Everwild. They have Obsidian making a new IP, Avowed. They have Arkane Studios making Redfall. They have Compulsion Games making a new IP.

But I didn't mention Playground Games or The Initiative. I'm talking about their buyout of Activision and Bethesda.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 KvallyX

@mysticaldonut said:
@kvallyx said:
@mysticaldonut said:

But I didn't mention Playground Games or The Initiative. I'm talking about their buyout of Activision and Bethesda.

Ok

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Pedro

@mysticaldonut said:

I do not like the Microsoft strategy of buying out huge publishing companies like Bethesda and Activision-Blizzard. Taking dozens of multiplatform IPs and consolidating/monopolizing the industry is bad for everybody. Yes, they haven't done this yet with Call of Duty, Doom, Elder Scrolls, etc. but we will see what happens in the next few years.

Bungie is medium size?

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Mozelleple112

@kvallyx: I have the highest standard of any one on this sub. My favourite games are the most awarded and highest rated games of all time (The Last of Us and Elden Ring).

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 hardwenzen

@Mozelleple112 said:

@kvallyx: I have the highest standard of any one on this sub. My favourite games are the most awarded and highest rated games of all time (The Last of Us and Elden Ring).

Most Sony Professionals have high standards. But that is something lemmings don't know about, because their $1 Welfare Service wasn't made to offer quality titles. One day kvally will get it, but since he has the foot fetish, maybe not.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

It still won't beat Xbox studios deathloops 10 out of 10 here at GS,I recon it equals the mediums 9 out of 10

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By MysticalDonut
@Pedro said:
@mysticaldonut said:

Bungie is medium size?

Compared to Activision-Blizzard, Bethesda or any other giant publisher with a dozen developers underneath them, definitely

I'm not a fan of the Bungie acquisition though either way. Too expensive, waste of money. I don't want to see Destiny go exclusive, either

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Pedro

@mysticaldonut said:

Compared to Activision-Blizzard, Bethesda or any other giant publisher with a dozen developers underneath them, definitely

I'm not a fan of the Bungie acquisition though either way. Too expensive, waste of money. I don't want to see Destiny go exclusive, either

Bungie is not a medium size company. Don't do the in comparison to nonsense. Using such poor logic would be akin to comparing MS and Apple, to all companies and claiming that they are mom-and-pop businesses. 🙄

Acquisitions are acquisitions. Both spent billions in acquisitions but for "reasons" Sony acquisitions are treated as saintly when they are not.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#244  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
@tjandmia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tjandmia said:

GOW is certainly a looker, but it will be best enjoyed on the ps4, as that's where most people will play it. After that, it will come to the other Microsoft platform, the PC where people will enjoy it there, as well.

Having this ps5, a system that is a complete disaster, has shown me that pc is the way to go this gen. Sorry, but this thread is a huge fail. I'd rather pay double the price of a ps5 for a mid range gaming laptop to access indiepass than pay $70 for the shovelware I saw on today's state of play.

Makes zero sense. You want to play this game at 1080p, 30fps and medium low visuals in 2022? And IF it comes out on pc, it will be in like five years from now. You gotta be completely insane to wait half a decade to play a fully released title.

I meant to type most played on the ps4. I'll play it on the ps4 at upscaled 4k/30. I'm perfectly fine with 30fps. I'm not one of these people who pretends 30 is unplayable.

Same here. Im not shelling out for a PS5 right now when the only game I really want to play is available on PS4. LMFAO at 30 fps is unplayable. Ive been gaming since Pong in 1977, and I dont buy into the bullshit you numbskulls say.

On Topic: I'll buy a PS5 when there are many games on it I wish to play. Right now there isnt. Theres so much more to enjoying a game than graphics. You wanna suck off Sony, be my guest. I may prefer my Halo to GoW but i dont suck MSFT off like this. Get a boyfriend.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By MysticalDonut
@Pedro said:
@mysticaldonut said:

Bungie is not a medium size company. Don't do the in comparison to nonsense. Using such poor logic would be akin to comparing MS and Apple, to all companies and claiming that they are mom-and-pop businesses. 🙄

Acquisitions are acquisitions. Both spent billions in acquisitions but for "reasons" Sony acquisitions are treated as saintly when they are not.

According to Wikipedia, Bungie has 826 employees

There's 420+ employees at Bethesda Game Studios alone (according to Wiki), just one studio under Bethesda/Zenimax publishing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Pedro

@mysticaldonut said:

According to Wikipedia, Bungie has 826 employees

There's 420+ employees at Bethesda Game Studios alone (according to Wiki), just one studio under Bethesda/Zenimax publishing.

You are really trying to argue that Bungie is medium size company.🙄

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 cainetao11

@Archangel3371 said:

Forza Horizon 5 and Gears 5 are very good looking games. Forza Motorsport 8 is definitely going to be a great looking game as well. I’m sure Gears 6 will be one too. They’ll have others also.

Yup. I'm looking forward to Ragnarok but way more for Starfield. And my PS wont be able to play that.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#248  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:

Nice list.

Avowed a 2026-2027 title

Fable... just like during 8th gen, "its in develpment" and will never come out (lets save it for the 10th gen, shall we? lmao)

ES6 a 2024-2025 title

Perfect Dark is the next Crackdown 3, and won't be out before 2025 by the earliest

Mara is a game i don't know about, but can already imagine it being a nightmare to develop because Microsoft management is🤮

GoW: Ragnarok is a 2022 delayed game, so was HFW. Not sure what point you are trying to make there.

Aren't almost all Sony 1st party games "linear"?

The rest of your comments look to be a nonsense scramble.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 hardwenzen

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:

Nice list.

Avowed a 2026-2027 title

ES6 a 2024-2025 title

GoW: Ragnarok is a 2022 delayed game, so was HFW. Not sure what point you are trying to make there.

Aren't almost all Sony 1st party games "linear"?

The rest of your comments look to be a nonsense scramble.

Did they announce it coming out before 2022? No. Also, the Kratos voice actor had health issues, can't release a game without the main guy. Horizon 2 was never supposed to come out in 2021. Nice try, but you failed as always, dabear. And what i meantioned about those titles is not a nonsense scramble (you're a scramble, bro), its just that you hate to see what i wrote about em, so you plug your ears, cover your eyes and pretend its some nonsense.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 cainetao11

So much butthurt by the cow ballbreath brigade