ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I felt so cheated when I got the game at launch and I'm big into VR. I'm really torn on whether or not I want to return. I'm sure my disappointment won't let me give it a fair chance. But on the other hand I can see the appeal of such a VR game

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Can't wait to try this. Too tired tonight but will be on it by the weekend.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Props to Murray and the team at Hello Games; they might not have given us what we wanted at release, but they more than made up for that by delivering to us more than we could have ever hoped. NMS has turned out to be truly one of the better games of the decade imo.

I'm sorry but that is just BS, he lied his arse off on tv and got a shit ton of people to buy his product upon release (full price) and didn't deliver, then went into hiding. But you want to praise them, its no wonder gamers are seen as gullible idiots.

I would much prefer a diamond in the rough at release that polishes up to a real gem of a game than what goes for passable AAA nonsense these days.

And people act like NMS was a bad game at release; it wasn't! It was a good game, it just didn't deliver on the hype, and that's as much our's and SONY's fault as it is the developer's.

Also I wouldn't say he went into hiding; he admitted his shortcomings and along with his team worked on a finished game (something he was not really obligated to do) to make it what it should be.

We should be so lucky to have more developers like him.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Props to Murray and the team at Hello Games; they might not have given us what we wanted at release, but they more than made up for that by delivering to us more than we could have ever hoped. NMS has turned out to be truly one of the better games of the decade imo.

I'm sorry but that is just BS, he lied his arse off on tv and got a shit ton of people to buy his product upon release (full price) and didn't deliver, then went into hiding. But you want to praise them, its no wonder gamers are seen as gullible idiots.

I would much prefer a diamond in the rough at release that polishes up to a real gem of a game than what goes for passable AAA nonsense these days.

And people act like NMS was a bad game at release; it wasn't! It was a good game, it just didn't deliver on the hype, and that's as much our's and SONY's fault as it is the developer's.

Also I wouldn't say he went into hiding; he admitted his shortcomings and along with his team worked on a finished game (something he was not really obligated to do) to make it what it should be.

We should be so lucky to have more developers like him.

This is the correct statement in all of this. Like I said in my previous post, they never abandon the game, they kept working and that says alot. I'm not giving Hello Games an excuse, the game itself was very fun for me and NMS is what I call a good relaxing game. Flying from planet to planet was really the best part of the game.

Oh and I finally try out PSVR, I really like it more then HTC Vive, PSVR is more relaxing for my head and playing NMS VR is blurry but not a big deal, VR experience with NMS is really cool.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3025 Posts

Game is soooo good in vr. There's definitely a graphics hit on the base ps4. But that's ok. I'll gladly take that hit in exchange for the immersion. So glad the PS5 is going to be BC, the power of the new consoles will really push VR games graphically.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I've always felt no mans sky looked perfect for vr. Even going back to the shoddy launch only got a base PS4 so no way it can handle vr the way it's supposed to.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Fuuuuuck, will buy this next month!

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#58  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Controlling the stick in the cockpit is a right ball ache all of the controls could be a lot better. Looks good on my Index but even the 1080ti had poor performance to begin with. Had to turn off motion smoothing and reduce the resolution of the mirror view which has no option to disable for some reason, played for about 3 hours now and getting bored of it. Too much faffing about in menus to craft shit.