No Mans Sky NEXT launches NEXT week. Will you give it another change. Now multiplatform and mulitplayer

• 79 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll No Mans Sky NEXT launches NEXT week. Will you give it another change. Now multiplatform and mulitplayer (55 votes)

Yes 49%
No 45%
other 5%

The launch of NMS was a real clusterfuck of epic proportions.

To be fair Hello Games did over promised and under delivered, but they have spent 2 years 'finishing' it and it's looking pretty good in my opinion.

• 
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Didn't give it a chance the first time around. Still don't care now.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#52 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Nah, CBA.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@mark1974 said:

@Gatygun: If what you mean by “scam artist “ is someone working tirelessly on their highly ambitious dream project labor of love and giving us continual free updates with seemingly no end of them in sight, well then it’s not too difficult to see how people are still supporting him. Especially considering the embarrassing way the toxic gaming community treated them.

WOW you're easily pleased and one of those sad apologist for this guy.

He ran his mouth saying you can do this, and you can do that on national television, and when the game released with basically nothing of the stuff he promised, the arsehole went underground, Sony had to put out a statement trying to lessen they're role in the whole debacle.

So a long time after release the content he promised is starting to come out and you're like c'mon guys he's giving "free" updates, well no he's not he's adding content that was promised on release at full price, so cut the free content BS.

As for the toxic gaming community, well you have every right as a consumer to voice your opinion when you pay full price for a product that was promised to have certain things in it only to find out it they were missing in the "final" product. The gaming community had every right to rip him a new arsehole.

In the end the guy is lucky he didn't get jailed for fraud.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@i_p_daily: ridiculous. They have added way more than was ever "promised". Forget truly shady companies like EA or even the true despots in the world. Lets reserve all our hatred for this small indie company because of the "lies". Name something that they said would be in the game and is not and I'll name several things that are in there now that were never even talked about.

Jailed for fraud huh? You are completely unhinged.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts
@xantufrog said:

It's already a hugely different game than it was on release. It doesn't excuse the launch issues, but I've always enjoyed it to some degree and it's definitely become a lot better. IMO if you own a copy, but refuse to try it again, it's your loss. Why not spend a little time on it first before shouting "NO! I'm BORED with it now!!!" Worst case scenario, you still find the game you already paid for boring. Not really any further loss except a wee bit of time

I own the limited edition of the game on PS4. I'll be playing it on my Pro and my OLED in full HDR. Can't wait :D

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

I never gave the intial release a try. I may give it a shot after this, but I have much better things to spend money on ATM.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

I'll definitely give it a go, but I'll wait for a price drop.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@mark1974 said:

@i_p_daily: ridiculous. They have added way more than was ever "promised". Forget truly shady companies like EA or even the true despots in the world. Lets reserve all our hatred for this small indie company because of the "lies". Name something that they said would be in the game and is not and I'll name several things that are in there now that were never even talked about.

Just because you want to nut hug Hello (stuffs missing form our) Games doesn't mean the rest of us want to.

The only unhinged person here is you for being fooled by Hello Games and continue to defend them.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

@xantufrog: That's good to hear, because I hate the grind this genre brings.

I also love the new third person mode.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mark1974

@i_p_daily said:
@mark1974 said:

Just because you want to nut hug Hello (stuffs missing form our) Games doesn't mean the rest of us want to.

The only unhinged person here is you for being fooled by Hello Games and continue to defend them.

Wouldn't your time be better spent typing out crazy rants about "cows" or some system wars nonsense like that than discussing a game that you know absolutely nothing about? Admit it, you never cared anything about this game at all but were attracted to the outrage. That's pretty cynical. And typical unfortunately. I appreciate Hello Games fooling me into fully enjoying 650 hours playing their game. I wish more developers could fool me this way.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#61 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I should give it a 2nd try.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I'll give a go as the multiplayer sounds interesting. I'm going in blindly as I didn't play on the PS4.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#63  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@i_p_daily: You do realise that companies lie to you every single day, right?

Sean Murray did talk too much, but it's obvious that everything he said the game would have were in his plans. The proof is that NMS right now has much more content that it was ever promised.

Seriously, i wish AAA companies had the b*lls to make games half as ambitious as NMS. All respects to Hello Games. These are some of the most talented guys i have seen in this industry..

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

I'd be sure to give it a go but only if offered on Gamepass.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@i_p_daily: Hates Hello Games because it lied about features. Loves Xbox for all of its non native 4k games and Cloud Power.

IronBrigador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By IronBrigador
Member since 2018 • 113 Posts

Finally we have a proper Mass Effect Andromeda worthy of a Mass Effect spin off.

Seriously, NMS has more than redeemed itself. Nothing can excuse the utterly failed launch and the even more undeserved hype leading to that but AS A GAMER speaking in 2018, the game has become one of the best games out there if you are into space exploration.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#67  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

Nah. There are other similar games I'd rather try.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Shewgenja said:

@i_p_daily: Hates Hello Games because it lied about features. Loves Xbox for all of its non native 4k games and Cloud Power.

Actually its moo moo's like you moogenja who loves to talk about non 4k and the cloud, oh and how Xbox is irrelevant lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@mark1974: And in those 650hrs did you find another person lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@PAL360 said:

@i_p_daily: You do realise that companies lie to you every single day, right?

Sean Murray did talk too much, but it's obvious that everything he said the game would have were in his plans. The proof is that NMS right now has much more content that it was ever promised.

Seriously, i wish AAA companies had the b*lls to make games half as ambitious as NMS. All respects to Hello Games. These are some of the most talented guys i have seen in this industry..

Sorry but when you go on national television promoting your game so that people buy it day one or while its still full price, then the features you said will be in the game should be in the game upon release, otherwise if he said they will be in there a year later people would of held off and bought it then at a reduced price.

The only reason there is more content then what was announced it because they fucked up bigtime and are trying to get some good will from gamers because if they don't the next game they announce will bomb big time, and its too late most people will never forget the first impression this game and its creator presented.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@mark1974 said:

@Gatygun: If what you mean by “scam artist “ is someone working tirelessly on their highly ambitious dream project labor of love and giving us continual free updates with seemingly no end of them in sight, well then it’s not too difficult to see how people are still supporting him. Especially considering the embarrassing way the toxic gaming community treated them.

WOW you're easily pleased and one of those sad apologist for this guy.

He ran his mouth saying you can do this, and you can do that on national television, and when the game released with basically nothing of the stuff he promised, the arsehole went underground, Sony had to put out a statement trying to lessen they're role in the whole debacle.

So a long time after release the content he promised is starting to come out and you're like c'mon guys he's giving "free" updates, well no he's not he's adding content that was promised on release at full price, so cut the free content BS.

As for the toxic gaming community, well you have every right as a consumer to voice your opinion when you pay full price for a product that was promised to have certain things in it only to find out it they were missing in the "final" product. The gaming community had every right to rip him a new arsehole.

In the end the guy is lucky he didn't get jailed for fraud.

Yes, Sean Murray was an idiot who ran his own mouth and by doing so, it hurt the rest of Hello Games team, Murray just didn't know what he was talking about when all he did was say yes during multiple interviews.

I for one never follow his interviews and for those that did, they fell for the hype big time and I just kinda follow trailers what was shown before release. At the end of the day, I enjoy it, I played NMS just about everyday for the past 2 years since launch and I find it to be more fun then Elite: Dangerous. The only thing Sean Murray hurt here is his own reputation and he sure as hell pay for it too. It wasn't Hello Games team fault who work on the game, it's Sean Murray who was running his own mouth that did.

For the record, it never came to my mind he actually said there was gonna be MP in it. The thought of never ever come to my mind there was gonna be one since this is more of a relaxing game to begin with.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#72  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@i_p_daily: But against all odds, and an out of this world amount of hate, they kept working, heard the fans and improved the game in all possible fronts. We both know that any other company would move on as quick as they could.

NMS was always more or less the game i expected it to be: a singleplayer slow paced exploration game. Not sure how people ended up hyping it as a multiplayer shooter?!

On the top of that, people don't need to be ultra smart to guess that a team of 6 guys would never deliver the biggest game of all time without flaws. The insane part is that, 2 years later they are almost there!

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mark1974

@i_p_daily: yes I found several people. They added that a long time ago. Lol. Like I said, why discuss something you know nothing about. In my game I live in the galactic hub with 300 other people.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#74 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

PS4 gamers have been beta testing for 2 years. I thought Sony didn't support early access games?

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 mark1974

@Pedro: you have a good point. This was an early access game in every way other than officially because PS doesn’t allow early access but they still had to release it as it was because they were out of money for development. I personally have had a great time beta testing it. It is an open ended sand box game with no ending so it’s perfect for that.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I rarely give games a 2nd chance, mostly because I don't want to go back to something I have bad memories of when I can try something new instead. This is why FF14 will always be the worst FF and the worst MMORPG for me. I don't care to go back to a game they fixed years after the release.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22679 Posts

I was just gonna make a thread about this... I'm late to the party.

https://youtu.be/e5d5Mo-Gw_U

Full multiplayer makes me interested again... Not gonna lie. I wanted that feature from the beginning.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@Shewgenja said:

Actually its moo moo's like you moogenja who loves to talk about non 4k and the cloud, oh and how Xbox is irrelevant lol.

At least you're a proud XBox bootlicker. Hate to think there was some ambiguity on the subject.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#79 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

no way in hell, no mans sky was like the Spore of this generation but even worse...

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mark1974

Even in a place such as system wars the yes votes are wining after 53 votes which means pretty much practically everyone that still bothers to post here has voted. The die hard haters are on the ropes! I can almost hear their hysterical screams.