No game on the XBOX360 looks better than GoW3 on PS3...not even on the WiiU.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#351 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49570 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

God of War Ascension will have the best console graphics of all time. The Last of Us should give it a good run for its money.

AtariKidX

And probably be destroyed by a WiiU game a couple of months later or be already destroyed.:lol:

Yeah...i agree.Poor sheep....you have delusions. :lol:

WiiU already have destroyed by PS3......ZombiU can't even touch the graphics quality of the PS3 games.

if he has delusions, then Lord you must be on some serious LSD.
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#352 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] Your the one who called me delusional for thinking I liked a system I never mentioned because well, you really want it, so everyone who does not agree with you is obviously a 360 fanoy. I help people like you come by the office. Maybe if you used less emotion.StatusShuffle

You still don't get it, did you even read my post?

I said AND PAY ATTENTION THIS TIME at the end of the day after all the fanboys arguing with emotions make excuses and cry to say their favorite has a game with the best graphics...the unbiased game journalists and gaming media as a whole will end up saying a PS3 exclusive is the most impressive.

You keep talking about "my" opinion. No son, it's the unbiased opinion of the gaming world and only blind and desperate xbox360 fanboys are the ones trying to argue other wise. Again since 2006 xbox360 hasn't had a single xbox360 game to be overwhelmingly praised as having the best graphics and or setting standards for consoles but unbiased professionals in gaming.

If a cow denied GeOW during that time for PS3 exclusives than yes they were arguing on emotion, but that is not the case now...this is where you fall.

Again...understand that Halo 4 gameplay was shown at E3. POOF

Which has nothing to do with me telling Arke that GOW is the best looking PS3 game, when there are better looking PS3 games, and you jumping to a random assumption that I am one of the delusional people you speak of. THAT part is what I am talking about, and that's why you failed. I never talked about the Xbox at ALL go back and READ.

Well it's true that I do not think the current GOW looks as impressive as GOW3...I don't konw if I can't say it won't end up being the best. Again going on history the first screens and gameplay of GOW3 looked...for lake of better words unimpressive. However, when the final copy was released it blew the doors off other console games in that area.

Perhaps he is going the idea that it might see a great improvement by launch, I don't know...but neither do you so how was he trolling? GoW3 went from being picked at by posters at SW because of bad innitial screens to the 2010 GOTY for graphics and setting a new standard for console games by having the most impressive AA of any console game period.

Perhaps we both overstepped with our comments. I can admit that I might have went too far, but calling him a "troll" for his comment is equally bad. There is nothing wrong with you disagreeing with him, hell I think I would at this point but I wouldn't say it was trolling.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#353 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

And probably be destroyed by a WiiU game a couple of months later or be already destroyed.:lol:

Stevo_the_gamer

WiiU already have destroyed by PS3......ZombiU can't even touch the graphics quality of the PS3 games.

if he has delusions, then Lord you must be on some serious LSD.

:lol:

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#354 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Yeah, you are pretty emotionally attached to xbox360 aren't you. You are arging on illogical self made opinon that 360 has equal of better games in graphics when you have nothing to prove that but the opinons of desperate xbox fanboys. lulz

Yes stevo...facts. I have my own opinon, but I am basing my comments on unbiased gaming journalists not a bunch of desperate fanboys on SW....

...unbiased scorces like professional gaming critics now becuase you hate FACTS and the truth that xbox360 games aren't on the level of PS3 exclusvies in graphics. lulz

casharmy

Saying things like "not 1 game since 2006" and "sources like professional gaming critics" is such broad generalization it's not even funny.

I smell a bbq, looks like meat is back on the menu, boys.

M13L13S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 M13L13S
Member since 2010 • 3819 Posts

This thread has gone on WAY too long.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="casharmy"]

You still don't get it, did you even read my post?

I said AND PAY ATTENTION THIS TIME at the end of the day after all the fanboys arguing with emotions make excuses and cry to say their favorite has a game with the best graphics...the unbiased game journalists and gaming media as a whole will end up saying a PS3 exclusive is the most impressive.

You keep talking about "my" opinion. No son, it's the unbiased opinion of the gaming world and only blind and desperate xbox360 fanboys are the ones trying to argue other wise. Again since 2006 xbox360 hasn't had a single xbox360 game to be overwhelmingly praised as having the best graphics and or setting standards for consoles but unbiased professionals in gaming.

If a cow denied GeOW during that time for PS3 exclusives than yes they were arguing on emotion, but that is not the case now...this is where you fall.

Again...understand that Halo 4 gameplay was shown at E3. POOF

casharmy

Which has nothing to do with me telling Arke that GOW is the best looking PS3 game, when there are better looking PS3 games, and you jumping to a random assumption that I am one of the delusional people you speak of. THAT part is what I am talking about, and that's why you failed. I never talked about the Xbox at ALL go back and READ.

Well it's true that I do not think the current GOW looks as impressive as GOW3...I don't konw if I can't say it won't end up being the best. Again going on history the first screens and gameplay of GOW3 looked...for lake of better words unimpressive. However, when the final copy was released it blew the doors off other console games in that area.

Perhaps he is going the idea that it might see a great improvement by launch, I don't know...but neither do you so how was he trolling? GoW3 went from being picked at by posters at SW because of bad innitial screens to the 2010 GOTY for graphics and setting a new standard for console games by having the most impressive AA of any console game period.

Perhaps we both overstepped with our comments. I can admit that I might have went too far, but calling him a "troll" for his comment is equally bad. There is nothing wrong with you disagreeing with him, hell I think I would at this point but I wouldn't say it was trolling.

It was hard to tell.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#357 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

God of War Ascension will have the best console graphics of all time. The Last of Us should give it a good run for its money.

AtariKidX

You're an idiot or trolling if you think no game released in the year or so after the WiiU's launch will beat any PS3 game in graphics.ZombieU already crushes your precious GOW3 in places and GT5(like crazy becuase of the inconsistent textures and the PS2 like cars in the game).

M13L13S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 M13L13S

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

Yeah, you are pretty emotionally attached to xbox360 aren't you. You are arging on illogical self made opinon that 360 has equal of better games in graphics when you have nothing to prove that but the opinons of desperate xbox fanboys. lulz

Yes stevo...facts. I have my own opinon, but I am basing my comments on unbiased gaming journalists not a bunch of desperate fanboys on SW....

...unbiased scorces like professional gaming critics now becuase you hate FACTS and the truth that xbox360 games aren't on the level of PS3 exclusvies in graphics. lulz

gamecubepad

Saying things like "not 1 game since 2006" and "sources like professional gaming critics" is such broad generalization it's not even funny.

I also like the fact that he says game journalists are unbiased. All reviewers have a bias of some sort. Also, as this very website showed us, deals go on behind the scenes in regards to advetisements and the like. Bias is always there, whether you see it or not.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Facts? LolStatusShuffle

Yeah, you are pretty emotionally attached to xbox360 aren't you. You are arging on illogical self made opinon that 360 has equal of better games in graphics when you have nothing to prove that but the opinons of desperate xbox fanboys. Look it's ok you blindly love xbox360 while claiming to be a hermit...we konw Stevo...we know, but I really works to your disadvantage claiming to be a hermit and trying to hype 360 graphics when everyone who is unbiased in gaming disagrees with you.

Yes stevo...facts. I have my own opinon, but I am basing my comments on unbiased gaming journalists not a bunch of desperate fanboys on SW. I am sure you wouldn't argue with Gears of war being the best looking game on consoles when it came out in 2006 now would you? The gaming public at large also game credit where it was due by overwhelmingly proclaiming it to be the best graphics on consoles and setting a new standard. You don't want to go by any credible and unbiased scorces like professional gaming critics now becuase you hate FACTS and the truth that xbox360 games aren't on the level of PS3 exclusvies in graphics.

It's not a fanboy thing to point out the obvious, you just one of the fanboys who are really desperte and argue at every point because you can't accept it.

Again...Halo 4 was at E3!

Do you two honestly believe Halo 4 is a good looking 360 game?

I think Halo 4 looks better than previous halos, hell it's the first halo that actually 720p (something over rated Bungie never did) so for a franchise as sought after as Halo it's about time and 343 has my blessing on anything they can do to make it impressive to people who aren't just die hard fans of the serise.

I think it looks good compared to prevous halo games but I am a bit harsh when it comes to games with these things. I will even bash a PC game if I think it looks bad (most people just automatically praise every PC game becuase it has higher resolution and ability for more AA, graphics are more than that to me)

The game does not have to be amazing for me to say it looks good but "good" for me probably wont he the same for you. To give you an example, when KZ2 came out and everyone was praising it for the best graphics at the time...I said to myself, "This is what the average level of graphics should have been for consoles from the start." So that is where I am at.

I can get by for games that don't have as impressive graphics but there is a certain level where I think a game is below standards. The cenimatic that was shown I think looks great, but the gameplay really didn't impress me, but I think it is good and still better than previous Halos.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 gamecubepad

I also like the fact that he says game journalists are unbiased. All reviewers have a bias of some sort. Also, as this very website showed us, deals go on behind the scenes in regards to advetisements and the like. Bias is always there, whether you see it or not.

M13L13S

GS gave MGS4 best gfx over Warhead. So funny.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="M13L13S"]

gamecubepad

Or God of War over Metro 2033. Lol
Jamiemydearx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 Jamiemydearx3
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts

:lol: console gamers fighting over graphics....How hilarous. All your games look like complete garage compared to PC so stop crying, you both got the short end of the stick.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 casharmy

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

M13L13S

I am glad you like it bud.

Also, I am being the least fanboyish by what I am choosing to go by. And I didn't say 1 critic...I am talking about the overwhelming majority. Are you serioulsy going to sit here, being a gamespot memeber and all, and tell my you don't konw how this sh!t works?

when Gears of war came out the over whelming majority of the gaming commuity agreed that it was the best looking game on consoles? Why? I tell you because it was obvous and they were giving credit where credit was due. Only bitter and desperate PS3 fanboys would argue with games like resistance fall of man...and I am sure they would have been called out for it.

Nothing has changed, but now It's xbox fans tring to use their opinion and say Halo and gears 2 were on the same level graphicslly as KZ2 when it released, it was ONLY xbox fanboys the rest of the gaming world was just calling it like it was. Everyone in gaming game KZ2 the nod and xbox360 fanboys just couldn't acccept it and used anything even remotely good to say it's the same...or better. This trend has continued and fanboys want to abandon all facts and prevous standards to defend their fantoy's honor with opinions.

Now you are sitting here try to play dumb like you don't know how the industry works and trying to claim that every one is biased? Biased toward what exaclty? Are you saying they are like SW fanboys? Yeah no.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#364 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

:lol: console gamers fighting over graphics....How hilarous. All your games look like complete garage compared to PC so stop crying, you both got the short end of the stick.

Jamiemydearx3
Not many PC games have the Quality of the GoW3 graphics on PS3.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"]

AtariKidX

Lol
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 casharmy

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

[QUOTE="M13L13S"]

Stevo_the_gamer

aint dat cute, now you pull the Hermit card and decide now is a good time to hide behind the PC.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

casharmy

aint dat cute, now you pull the Hermit card and decide now is a good time to hide behind the PC.

lolwat.
M13L13S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 M13L13S

[QUOTE="M13L13S"]

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

casharmy

Also, I am being the least fanboyish by what I am choosing to go by. And I didn't say 1 critic...I am talking about the overwhelming majority. Are you serioulsy going to sit here, being a gamespot memeber and all, and tell my you don't konw how this sh!t works?

when Gears of war came out the over whelming majority of the gaming commuity agreed that it was the best looking game on consoles? Why? I tell you because it was obvouls and they were giving credit where credit was due. Only bitter and desperate PS3 fanboys would argue with games like resistance fall of man...and I am sure they would have been called out for it.

Nothing has changed, It's like xbox fans tring to use their opinion and say Halo and gears 2 was on the same level graphicslly as KZ2, it was ONLY xbox fanboys the rest of the gaming world was just calling it like it ws. Everyone in gaming game KZ2 the nod and xbox360 fanboys just couldn't acccept it and used anything even remotely good to say it's the same...or better.

Now you are sitting here try to play dumb like you don't know how the industry works and trying to claim that every one is biased? Biased toward what exaclty? Are you saying they are like SW fanboys? Yeah no.

I'm not saying that all critics are like SW fanboys. I'm saying that no matter how much they try to not have bias, EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER LIVED has some sort of a bias. A reviewer who claims not to have bias is lying. Previous experiences will shape your opinion, even if it's not discernable to you. The bias depends on the person and their experiences. I think the fact that I referenced THIS site's history would show that I know what's going on in the industry and how this stuff works.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 gamecubepad

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

Stevo_the_gamer

That's classic.

P.S.- Do you smell that? Smells like bbq. I know it must be getting closer.

M13L13S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 M13L13S

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"][QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Lol

:lol:

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] Or God of War over Metro 2033. LolStevo_the_gamer

lolwat.

Ok, I'll play.

It's quite simply. GOW3 was simply more impressive graphically for coming out on restricted 6 year old closed box PS3 hardware than Metro 2033 was on the current level of PC hardware avalible.

so, now that that is clear are you upset that a PC game isn't announced to have the best technical graphics every year, or are you just bitter that it's a PS3 exclusives take home the title because xbox360 exclusives aren't impressive enough?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#372 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="casharmy"]

casharmy

lolwat.

Ok, I'll play.

It's quite simply. GOW3 was simply more impressive graphically for coming out on restricted 6 year old closed box PS3 hardware than Metro 2033 was on the current level of PC hardware avalible.

so, now that that is clear are you upset that a PC game isn't announced to have the best technical graphics every year, or are you just bitter that it's a PS3 exclusives take home the title because xbox360 exclusives aren't impressive enough?

Soo...PC games still look better

M13L13S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 M13L13S

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

gamecubepad

That's classic.

P.S.- Do you smell that? Smells like bbq. I know it must be getting closer.

Console game can totally compete with PC games in regards to graphics:roll:

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="M13L13S"]

M13L13S

when Gears of war came out the over whelming majority of the gaming commuity agreed that it was the best looking game on consoles? Why? I tell you because it was obvouls and they were giving credit where credit was due. Only bitter and desperate PS3 fanboys would argue with games like resistance fall of man...and I am sure they would have been called out for it.

Nothing has changed, It's like xbox fans tring to use their opinion and say Halo and gears 2 was on the same level graphicslly as KZ2, it was ONLY xbox fanboys the rest of the gaming world was just calling it like it ws. Everyone in gaming game KZ2 the nod and xbox360 fanboys just couldn't acccept it and used anything even remotely good to say it's the same...or better.

I'm not saying that all critics are like SW fanboys. I'm saying that no matter how much they try to not have bias, EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER LIVED has some sort of a bias. A reviewer who claims not to have bias is lying. Previous experiences will shape your opinion, even if it's not discernable to you. The bias depends on the person and their experiences. I think the fact that I referenced THIS site's history would show that I know what's going on in the industry and how this stuff works.

Case in point, why I said overwhelming majority. So that was that still a problem to you?

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] lolwat.lostrib

Ok, I'll play.

"look better" not always "techincally pushing more that what consoles are capable of" sure.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

Ok, I'll play.

casharmy

"look better" not always "techincally pushing more that what consoles are capable of" sure.

I think most of them do. 1080p and 4xAA is usually techniaclly more than what consoles are capable of

M13L13S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 M13L13S

[QUOTE="M13L13S"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

casharmy

Case in point, why I said overwhelming majority. So that was that still a problem to you?

I didn't have a problem with that part. Not at all. I actually agree with you. The unbiased reviewers comment was what I had a problem with.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="casharmy"]

casharmy

lolwat.

Ok, I'll play.

There's no need to play, I've seen this logic back in 2008 when I was discussing MGS4 and Crysis, in 2009 when I was discussing Empire: Total War and Uncharted 2, and in 2010 when discussing Metro 2033 and God of War. This tried mantra always fails because distorts common sense, and objectivity. GS could theoretically state a 3DS game is a more "technically proficient" game than Metro: Last Light. That would distort objectivity, and common sense.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 lostrib

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] lolwat.Stevo_the_gamer

Ok, I'll play.

There's no need to play, I've seen this logic back in 2008 when I was discussing MGS4 and Crysis, in 2009 when I was discussing Empire: Total War and Uncharted 2, and in 2010 when discussing Metro 2033 and God of War. This tried mantra always fails because distorts common sense, and objectivity. GS could theoretically state a 3DS game is a more "technically proficient" game than Metro: Last Light. That would distort objectivity, and common sense.

Good god, who was bringing those things up. Those are like the worst game comparisons ever

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="M13L13S"]

M13L13S

I didn't have a problem with that part. Not at all. I actually agree with you. The unbiased reviewers comment was what I had a problem with.

k.

I understand you trying to correct me as well. When I said unbiased I was thinking more in the sense that they aren't SW fanboys trying to prove that x console is better than y console on a constant basis. I know what you mean by trying to point out what you did.

M13L13S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 M13L13S

[QUOTE="M13L13S"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

casharmy

k.

I understand you trying to correct me as well. When I said unbiased I was thinking more in the sense that they aren't SW fanboys trying to prove that x console is better than y console on a constant basis. I know what you mean by trying to point out what you did.

I understand.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 gamecubepad

BBQ Time...remember this is after GOW3 and KZ3 were released.

Journalists:

PSU:
"best looking shooter on PlayStation 3"
http://www.psu.com/Crysis-2-Review--a011074-p0.php

Gamingbolt
http://gamingbolt.com/crysis-2-ps3-review
Crysis 2 for the PlayStation 3 is an exceptional shooter and perhaps the best looking game on the system.

Justpushstart
"I find Crysis 2 visuals to be superior to similar shooters like Call of Duty: Black Ops or Killzone 3."
http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/03/22/crysis-2-review/

Gamepur
http://www.gamepur.com/review/3219-crysis-2-review.html
"Crysis 2's visuals is superior to many similar FPS like COD: Black Ops or PS3 exclusive Killzone 3"

Seriousless
http://seriousless.com/news/1673/review-crysis-2-ps3/
"My preference is towards Crysis' overall aesthetic over Killzone. The game simply looks stunning and the sense of scale, with the sky scrapers and expansive draw distance makes for a truly phenomenal visual experience."

CVG:
"best looking fps ever"
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/294813/crysis-2-xbox-360-review/

Electripig:
"Crysis 2 is outstanding in almost every department, not least its visuals, which are the very best either PS3 or Xbox 360 has to offer right now"
http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2011/03/22/crysis-2-review/

Xg247.co.uk:
"Crysis 2 is definitely the best looking game on consoles and PC"
http://www.xg247.co.uk/reviews/crysis2/

Denofgeek:
"I honestly think that this may well be the single best looking FPS I've ever seen, on any platform. It really does look that good."
http://www.denofgeek.com/games/820739/crysis_2_xbox_360_review.html

XXLGaming:
"The games visuals were just jaw dropping and I have to agree when Crytek says it is setting the bar in console gaming graphics. Just wow."
http://www.xxlgaming.com/staffreview.asp?gameID=519

Joystiq:
"Though about the millionth FPS built around a plot of an alien invasion, give or take a few, it's also the most beautiful."
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/22/crysis-2-review/

Destructoid:
"Naturally, the gameplay is all wrapped up with some of the most gorgeous visuals you'll see in a videogame."
http://www.destructoid.com/review-crysis-2-196986.phtml

Digital chumps
http://digitalchumps.com/game-reviews/34-360/7150-crysis-2.html
"Again, I've never seen a more beautiful game on a console in my life. It will take years, possibly even the next-generation of consoles, before this is trumped."

Pwnage
http://www.pwnage.com/2011/03/27/crysis-2-review/
"I can safely say that Crysis 2 will be the benchmark for any upcoming games when it comes to comparing visuals"

The Straight Goods
http://www.thestraightgoods.ca/2011/03/28/review-crysis-2/
"The graphics of Crysis 2 are absolutely unbelievable and are a sight to be seen ? this has got to be the best looking console game I have ever played"

Machinima
http://blog.machinima.com/insidegaming/2011/03/22/crysis-2-review/
"Absolutely incredible, the new benchmark in game graphics, and the fact it works so effectively on consoles is pretty staggering"

PC Games MAGAzine
http://www.destructoid.com/crysis-2-details-emerge-best-looking-console-game-evarz--162329.phtml
"Crysis 2 is among the best looking console games on any system."

Gaminglives
http://www.gaminglives.com/2011/03/28/crysis-2-review/
"Graphics. The most beautiful game I've seen. Crysis 2, wipes the floor with XIII; the level of realism is stunning, and the graphical textures are perfect."

Digitaltrends:
"Crytek manages to live up to the hype with Crysis 2, the best-looking console game ever made."

Msxbox-world:
"Crysis may have been the benchmark game on PC but for console owners there might be a new kid on the block as Crysis 2 really is a sight to behold."
http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360/reviews/review/698/Crysis-2.html

Gamezone:
"The game looks utterly stunning and is arguably one of the best-looking shooters on consoles."
http://xbox.gamezone.com/reviews/item/crysis_2/

GamesRadar:
"Crysis 2 does run on consoles, and it does so beautifully. We're calling it now: Crysis 2 is possibly the best-looking console game ever."
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/crysis-2/review/crysis-2-review/a-20110318143744168062/g-20090601103043632061

Eurogamer:
"This world sits next to Uncharted 2's as the most detailed and well-expressed yet seen on our TVs."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-22-crysis-2-review

videogamer:
"It might come up slightly short compared to Killzone 3 in raw mettle, with an occasionally inconsistent framerate on our PS3 version, but the game is leagues ahead in terms of artistic accomplishment."
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/crysis_2/review.html

Gamespy
http://uk.xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/crytek-project/1157367p1.html
"This is a gorgeous game, certainly one of the best-looking console titles to date"

Planetxbox360
http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_13224/Crysis_2_Review/2
"Crysis 2 looks fantastic. What Killzone 3 did for the PS3, this game just about does for the 360"

---

360 superiority endorsements...

Digital Foundry
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-crysis2-face-off?page=3
There's little doubt that the Xbox 360 is the cleaner, crisper experience and for the most part it commands a small
but significant frame-rate advantage and fewer little glitches; especially outside of combat scenarios,
the game just seems to run that much more smoothly

Lens of Truth
http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head/verdicttie/head2head-crysis-2-analysis/
Xbox 360: 29 fps
PS3: 26 fps

Bone-idle
http://bone-idle.ie/page238.aspx
"The visuals will blow you away, there are some slight differences between the two consoles I felt the Xbox was slightly better looking but it's very marginal and in terms of gameplay they are identical."

IGN:
"Crysis 2 on Xbox 360 has taken the crown for best graphics in a console game"
Graphics xbox 360 - 9.5
Graphics xbox PS3 - 8.5
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1156446p1.html

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"] lolwat.Stevo_the_gamer

Ok, I'll play.

Who are you to say who is wrong?

Graphics are more than just stats. Animation, art, fluidity of motion ect all play a part. There are plenty of games that look good in screenshots that end up looking like sh!t when I actually see them in motion. Perhaps GOW3 was just more impressive to them. Either way it's just crying over spilled milk at this point. You don't want what you don't like to get praise for things you perfer to go elsewehre. Stop crying.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 gamecubepad

More BBQ:

Most reknown PC devs for gfx + Chief Engineer for the Cell CPU:

More pudding:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=21820

David Shippy: Cell CPU Chief Architect, Xenon CPU Architect

"At the end of the day, when you put them all together, depending on the software,I think they're pretty equal, even though they're completely different processing models," he concludes.

http://www.giantbomb.com/crysis-2-interview/17-2300/

Cevat Yerli: CEO Crytek

02:43-2:55..."Our game was to run on PS3/360 the same way, because they're about the same power."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/220530/carmack-rage-runs-faster-on-xbox-360/

John Carmack: lead programmer id

"The RSX is slower than what we have in the 360. The CPU is about the same, but the 360 makes it easier to split things off, and that's what a lot of the work has been, splitting it all into jobs on the PS3," he said."

Later Tweets from Carmack...

'Why You Think X360 More PowerFull Than Ps3 But The Ps3 Have 1 Core And 7 Spu And Have 50 Giga Disk And Have Rsx Why ?'

Carmacks reply:

@AhmedElblassy 'ps3 has more raw CPU
power, but 360 has more GPU, avail memory,
and is easier to develop for.'

Carmacks reply:

@Desmiothe differences between the
PS3 and 360 are modest enough that
differences between developers is a much
larger factor

---

Multiplat war from H2H sites:

More...H2H results taken from year-old blog. Surely somebody has the recent numbers, but I like how this covers 3 different sites

http://misterslimm.wordpress.com/360-vs-ps3/xbox-360-vs-ps3-head-to-head-face-off-results/

DF: 360-155 vs PS3-42

IGN Insider: 360-28 vs PS3-14

LoT: 360-53 vs PS3-25

---

GSSW Polls:

best console graphics this year
Crysis 2 wins 44 to 25 over the next highest scoring game, Uncharted 3.

best graphics pollCrysis 2 wins 116 to 29 over Gears of War 3.

so this time next week who will be console gfx king108 to 105 over Uc2, KZ3, and GOW3 combined. PrintScreen'd for posterity. Since the thread is officially buried, ya gotta have proof before the dc party goes and tries to slant the results.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 gamecubepad

Not "one 360 game", huh?:

1280x-1

1280x-1

Hyperbole exposed:

uc-1.jpg

gears-1.jpg

uc-2.jpg

gears-2.jpg

uc-3.jpg

gears-3.jpg

---

iron-man-briefcase-gif.gif

...come at me, degenerate bovine.

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
I think we can all agree God of War 3 is the best looking game.
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 casharmy

More BBQ:

Most reknown PC devs for gfx + Chief Engineer for the Cell CPU:

More pudding:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=21820

David Shippy: Cell CPU Chief Architect, Xenon CPU Architect

"At the end of the day, when you put them all together, depending on the software,I think they're pretty equal, even though they're completely different processing models," he concludes.

http://www.giantbomb.com/crysis-2-interview/17-2300/

Cevat Yerli: CEO Crytek

02:43-2:55..."Our game was to run on PS3/360 the same way, because they're about the same power."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/220530/carmack-rage-runs-faster-on-xbox-360/

John Carmack: lead programmer id

"The RSX is slower than what we have in the 360. The CPU is about the same, but the 360 makes it easier to split things off, and that's what a lot of the work has been, splitting it all into jobs on the PS3," he said."

Later Tweets from Carmack...

'Why You Think X360 More PowerFull Than Ps3 But The Ps3 Have 1 Core And 7 Spu And Have 50 Giga Disk And Have Rsx Why ?'

Carmacks reply:

@AhmedElblassy 'ps3 has more raw CPU
power, but 360 has more GPU, avail memory,
and is easier to develop for.'

Carmacks reply:

@Desmiothe differences between the
PS3 and 360 are modest enough that
differences between developers is a much
larger factor

---

Multiplat war from H2H sites:

More...H2H results taken from year-old blog. Surely somebody has the recent numbers, but I like how this covers 3 different sites

http://misterslimm.wordpress.com/360-vs-ps3/xbox-360-vs-ps3-head-to-head-face-off-results/

DF: 360-155 vs PS3-42

IGN Insider: 360-28 vs PS3-14

LoT: 360-53 vs PS3-25

---

GSSW Polls:

best console graphics this year
Crysis 2 wins 44 to 25 over the next highest scoring game, Uncharted 3.

best graphics pollCrysis 2 wins 116 to 29 over Gears of War 3.

so this time next week who will be console gfx king108 to 105 over Uc2, KZ3, and GOW3 combined. PrintScreen'd for posterity. Since the thread is officially buried, ya gotta have proof before the dc party goes and tries to slant the results.

gamecubepad

lol, Serioulsy quoting carmak after the whole rage thing? He is not exactly a PS3 expert now is he.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 lostrib

I think we can all agree God of War 3 is the best looking game. ispeakfact

Compared too....

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 gamecubepad

lol, Serioulsy quoting carmak after the whole rage thing? He is not exactly a PS3 expert now is he.

casharmy

KZ3 running 60fps(actually below at times)...

3D_2.jpg.jpg

3d_1_left.bmp.jpg

Compared to Rage at 60fps...

RageVidoc2-2.jpg

RageVidoc2-3.jpg

With a full install he still managed to match, or beat KZ3 @ 60fps on his first shot. lulz.

That all you got?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 lostrib

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

gamecubepad

3D_2.jpg.jpg

3d_1_left.bmp.jpg

RageVidoc2-2.jpg

RageVidoc2-3.jpg

With a full install he still managed to match, or beat KZ3 @ 60fps on his first shot. lulz.

That all you got?

why is KZ3 so blurry?

Apparently RAGE has pretty low textures when viewed upclose but it does look nice at a distance

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 gamecubepad

why is KZ3 so blurry?

Apparently RAGE has pretty low textures when viewed upclose but it does look nice at a distance

lostrib

In order to accurately compare KZ3 and Rage you must use matching framerate. KZ3 effectively runs 60fps in stereoscopic mode, so the captures are from 3D. This is a like-for-like comparison.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 AtariKidX

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

gamecubepad

RageVidoc2-3.jpg

That all you got?

Next time don't post low quality KZ3 photos.

xzxz

ds

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

why is KZ3 so blurry?

gamecubepad

In order to accurately compare KZ3 and Rage you must use matching framerate. KZ3 effectively runs 60fps in stereoscopic mode, so the captures are from 3D. This is a like-for-like comparison.

Rage runs at 60 fps on PS3?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 lostrib

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

AtariKidX

That all you got?

xzxz

ds

Those look an awful lot like bull shots

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 gamecubepad

Rage runs at 60 fps on PS3?

lostrib

Yes. Both platforms will occasionally scale back resolution to maintain framerate consistancy. Carmack is(was?) big on 60fps. Claimed he could acheive 3x the visual fidelity at 30fps.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 AtariKidX

1280x-1

Hyperbole exposed:

--

gamecubepad

Try harder next time....GT5 :cool:

dsds

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 gamecubepad

AtariKidX

That's what KZ3 looks like at 60fps.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 lostrib

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

Hyperbole exposed:

--

AtariKidX

Try harder next time....GT5 :cool:

dsds

Why do things look so blurry/jaggie

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts

[QUOTE="ispeakfact"]I think we can all agree God of War 3 is the best looking game. lostrib

Compared too....

Well...anything. :(
T-razor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#400 T-razor1
Member since 2002 • 1164 Posts

BBQ Time...remember this is after GOW3 and KZ3 were released.

Journalists:

PSU:
"best looking shooter on PlayStation 3"
http://www.psu.com/Crysis-2-Review--a011074-p0.php

Gamingbolt
http://gamingbolt.com/crysis-2-ps3-review
Crysis 2 for the PlayStation 3 is an exceptional shooter and perhaps the best looking game on the system.

Justpushstart
"I find Crysis 2 visuals to be superior to similar shooters like Call of Duty: Black Ops or Killzone 3."
http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/03/22/crysis-2-review/

Gamepur
http://www.gamepur.com/review/3219-crysis-2-review.html
"Crysis 2's visuals is superior to many similar FPS like COD: Black Ops or PS3 exclusive Killzone 3"

Seriousless
http://seriousless.com/news/1673/review-crysis-2-ps3/
"My preference is towards Crysis' overall aesthetic over Killzone. The game simply looks stunning and the sense of scale, with the sky scrapers and expansive draw distance makes for a truly phenomenal visual experience."

CVG:
"best looking fps ever"
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/294813/crysis-2-xbox-360-review/

Electripig:
"Crysis 2 is outstanding in almost every department, not least its visuals, which are the very best either PS3 or Xbox 360 has to offer right now"
http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2011/03/22/crysis-2-review/

Xg247.co.uk:
"Crysis 2 is definitely the best looking game on consoles and PC"
http://www.xg247.co.uk/reviews/crysis2/

Denofgeek:
"I honestly think that this may well be the single best looking FPS I've ever seen, on any platform. It really does look that good."
http://www.denofgeek.com/games/820739/crysis_2_xbox_360_review.html

XXLGaming:
"The games visuals were just jaw dropping and I have to agree when Crytek says it is setting the bar in console gaming graphics. Just wow."
http://www.xxlgaming.com/staffreview.asp?gameID=519

Joystiq:
"Though about the millionth FPS built around a plot of an alien invasion, give or take a few, it's also the most beautiful."
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/22/crysis-2-review/

Destructoid:
"Naturally, the gameplay is all wrapped up with some of the most gorgeous visuals you'll see in a videogame."
http://www.destructoid.com/review-crysis-2-196986.phtml

Digital chumps
http://digitalchumps.com/game-reviews/34-360/7150-crysis-2.html
"Again, I've never seen a more beautiful game on a console in my life. It will take years, possibly even the next-generation of consoles, before this is trumped."

Pwnage
http://www.pwnage.com/2011/03/27/crysis-2-review/
"I can safely say that Crysis 2 will be the benchmark for any upcoming games when it comes to comparing visuals"

The Straight Goods
http://www.thestraightgoods.ca/2011/03/28/review-crysis-2/
"The graphics of Crysis 2 are absolutely unbelievable and are a sight to be seen ? this has got to be the best looking console game I have ever played"

Machinima
http://blog.machinima.com/insidegaming/2011/03/22/crysis-2-review/
"Absolutely incredible, the new benchmark in game graphics, and the fact it works so effectively on consoles is pretty staggering"

PC Games MAGAzine
http://www.destructoid.com/crysis-2-details-emerge-best-looking-console-game-evarz--162329.phtml
"Crysis 2 is among the best looking console games on any system."

Gaminglives
http://www.gaminglives.com/2011/03/28/crysis-2-review/
"Graphics. The most beautiful game I've seen. Crysis 2, wipes the floor with XIII; the level of realism is stunning, and the graphical textures are perfect."

Digitaltrends:
"Crytek manages to live up to the hype with Crysis 2, the best-looking console game ever made."

Msxbox-world:
"Crysis may have been the benchmark game on PC but for console owners there might be a new kid on the block as Crysis 2 really is a sight to behold."
http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360/reviews/review/698/Crysis-2.html

Gamezone:
"The game looks utterly stunning and is arguably one of the best-looking shooters on consoles."
http://xbox.gamezone.com/reviews/item/crysis_2/

GamesRadar:
"Crysis 2 does run on consoles, and it does so beautifully. We're calling it now: Crysis 2 is possibly the best-looking console game ever."
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/crysis-2/review/crysis-2-review/a-20110318143744168062/g-20090601103043632061

Eurogamer:
"This world sits next to Uncharted 2's as the most detailed and well-expressed yet seen on our TVs."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-22-crysis-2-review

videogamer:
"It might come up slightly short compared to Killzone 3 in raw mettle, with an occasionally inconsistent framerate on our PS3 version, but the game is leagues ahead in terms of artistic accomplishment."
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/crysis_2/review.html

Gamespy
http://uk.xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/crytek-project/1157367p1.html
"This is a gorgeous game, certainly one of the best-looking console titles to date"

Planetxbox360
http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_13224/Crysis_2_Review/2
"Crysis 2 looks fantastic. What Killzone 3 did for the PS3, this game just about does for the 360"

---

360 superiority endorsements...

Digital Foundry
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-crysis2-face-off?page=3
There's little doubt that the Xbox 360 is the cleaner, crisper experience and for the most part it commands a small
but significant frame-rate advantage and fewer little glitches; especially outside of combat scenarios,
the game just seems to run that much more smoothly

Lens of Truth
http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head/verdicttie/head2head-crysis-2-analysis/
Xbox 360: 29 fps
PS3: 26 fps

Bone-idle
http://bone-idle.ie/page238.aspx
"The visuals will blow you away, there are some slight differences between the two consoles I felt the Xbox was slightly better looking but it's very marginal and in terms of gameplay they are identical."

IGN:
"Crysis 2 on Xbox 360 has taken the crown for best graphics in a console game"
Graphics xbox 360 - 9.5
Graphics xbox PS3 - 8.5
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1156446p1.html

gamecubepad

....and just like that this thread is done :lol: Still the best looking game on consoles... the 360 version of course.