no deaths in new prince of persia

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 taker42
Member since 2007 • 1614 Posts
[QUOTE="taker42"][QUOTE="JPOBS"]

if the supper nanny has to swoop in to save you, wouldnt that obviously mean you messed up anyway? :|

JPOBS

Yeah but with the super nanny, screwing up is not even an option. It's just basically devs taking away even the chance(or freedom) of the player to screw up. It's like playing a PoP game, climbing up walls, running here and there but with an invisible safety net below you. What's the thrill in that?

You had the safety net of the sands of Time in the past games.

again, do you not realize that it is a checkpoint system except you odnt go back through the menus? Do you understand that hypothetically, you always die, but instead of "You died, please reload the game to start from last checkpoint", super nanny picks you up and says 'ok, you died, now get back in there"

I fail to see how having to traverse load screens and menus after dieing is the prefered method of death.

I get the checkpoint part. You might not realise but I'm not arguing about the checkpoint system. I'm arguing, as a player, how would I feel if I can't die in game. No matter what I do, I have a super nanny that comes in and saves me. It gets really boring imo, if you even remove the thrill of video game(fake) death.
AtrumRegina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 AtrumRegina
Member since 2008 • 1584 Posts
[QUOTE="AtrumRegina"][QUOTE="Kirlok"]

'Sorry hardcores we know youve liked past PoP games but we realized money>you so we are making this game so easy you cant loose.'

Bye ubisoft, it was good while it lasted

sonicmj1

:cry: This isn't price of persia. This bastardisation IS NOT prince of persia. They changed the artstyle ( bothers me the less ) , they changed the combat , I don't think you can even manipulate time in this one and now its casual crap with no deaths ! Why UBISOFT Why ?:cry:

PS: What they did to Rayman is still worse.

Technically, in Sands of Time, there was no death. Instead, the game was presented as a retelling of the main character's experience. When you "died", he said in voiceover, "Wait, that's not how it happened..." and then you could restart again from a checkpoint.

This is the same kind of thing.

That isn't that bad I guess. I mean i thought it's like you die and the girl revies you on the spot with full health.

taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 taker42
Isn't reloading the last checkpoint what you typically do after dying anyway? As I understand it the only difference is you don't get to see the character die, or a Game Over screen. You just instantly restart from the last checkpoint. If this is correct I don't really see what the problem is. Rewinding time is a more interesting way of dealing with death though, I agree with that, but I don't understand why everyone's making such a huge deal over this. Did I miss something?InsaneBasura
In SW, people make a big deal out of everything :P My opinion is that this method of having a super nanny is just uninspired and not what I expect from the people that made the brilliant PoP:SoT.
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
[QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="taker42"][QUOTE="JPOBS"]

if the supper nanny has to swoop in to save you, wouldnt that obviously mean you messed up anyway? :|

taker42

Yeah but with the super nanny, screwing up is not even an option. It's just basically devs taking away even the chance(or freedom) of the player to screw up. It's like playing a PoP game, climbing up walls, running here and there but with an invisible safety net below you. What's the thrill in that?

You had the safety net of the sands of Time in the past games.

again, do you not realize that it is a checkpoint system except you odnt go back through the menus? Do you understand that hypothetically, you always die, but instead of "You died, please reload the game to start from last checkpoint", super nanny picks you up and says 'ok, you died, now get back in there"

I fail to see how having to traverse load screens and menus after dieing is the prefered method of death.

I get the checkpoint part. You might not realise but I'm not arguing about the checkpoint system. I'm arguing, as a player, how would I feel if I can't die in game. No matter what I do, I have a super nanny that comes in and saves me. It gets really boring imo, if you even remove the thrill of video game(fake) death.

So, basically, the "thrill" of video game death to you is that you dont want to see a screen telling you, basically "yea, you died". thats it. the whole thrill of gaming to you in terms of life/death situations is that you dont want to see that screen....ok.

Philmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Philmon
Member since 2003 • 1454 Posts
[QUOTE="Philmon"][QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="Philmon"][QUOTE="Hippostrike"]

This seems pretty nifty. As long as there isn't a new checkpoint every five minutes, it sounds like a cool replacement to the sands of time. Unless of course I misunderstood and you're teleported to the last jump you attempted before death.

There needs to be some limit to the teleportation thing though. If there is no way possible to get a game over, Ubisoft will have successfully made the most boring and least intense platformer ever created.

JPOBS

Actually it is as you fear, if you die, you are transported to the last place you actually stood. So for example if you die tring to wall run from one platform to another, you get teleported to the last platform you stood on.

no you dont.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36500.html

"Elika brings you back to the previous stable platform". That plus what actually happens in the gameplay walkthrough seems to show that the system works the way I think it does. I might be wrong but it does not seem so.

From what i saw of the gameplay demo, the guy dies and is taken back quite a bit.

but i could be in the wrong here.

He got teleported to the last solid floor he stood on, before he started climbing, wallrunning and dieing. He only went back about 30 sec of gameplay. And even if you ignore that, the guy himself tells you that when you die "Elika brings you back to the previous stable platform". Also the fact that he mentions that they are tring to reduce the frustration some people felt in previous PoP in regards to dieing because they found the platforming difficult leads me to believe that my assertion is more than likely correct.

terdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#56 terdoo
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts

'Sorry hardcores we know youve liked past PoP games but we realized money>you so we are making this game so easy you cant loose.'

Bye ubisoft, it was good while it lasted

Kirlok

Well said.I hate stuff like this.

taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 taker42

So, basically, the "thrill" of video game death to you is that you dont want to see a screen telling you, basically "yea, you died". thats it. the whole thrill of gaming to you in terms of life/death situations is that you dont want to see that screen....ok.

JPOBS
Your point? Yes it's my OPINION. Are you a bad enough dude to tell me my opinion is wrong?
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
[QUOTE="JPOBS"]

taker42
Your point? Yes it's my OPINION. Are you a bad enough dude to tell me my opinion is wrong?

yes, I am that bad 8)
taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 taker42
[QUOTE="taker42"][QUOTE="JPOBS"]

JPOBS

yes, I am that bad 8)

*runs away to mommy*:cry:
Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Pariah_001
Member since 2003 • 4850 Posts
Your opinion is polar opposite to almsot the entire gaming world.JPOBS

Aside from not caring in the least about your opinion, that's absolute bull. Warrior Within grossed more sales than SoT.

most feel that Pop2 was a bastardization, with good combat, but a over ansty prince trying hard to be Kratos, and with some bad game breaking glitches.JPOBS

He was "angsty" for a reason--Which was expressed repeatedly in the game. And if he was really like Kratos, he wouldn't have bothered saving Kaileena's life.

And, yeah, there were no game breaking glitches. Those were rumors started by rabid SoT fans. The game was solid.

PoP3 is considered a return to form, and the dual personalities of the prince adds great comedic effect and story.JPOBS

Return to form? What does that even mean? It sounds like a euphemism for "back-peddle."