Nintendo's biggest problem is Nintendo

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@doubutsuteki: You mean Phones, Laptops, and Nintendo. O the future gone come. Apple, Google, Samsung, and Nintendo comin. Steam already come to Apple, wont be long.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17689 Posts

@iandizion713: you're not making any sense.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 iandizion713

@MirkoS77: Thats cause you think the darkness will hurt you...yet its the sun that burns.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#104  Edited By doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts
@iandizion713 said:

@doubutsuteki: You mean Phones, Laptops, and Nintendo. O the future gone come. Apple, Google, Samsung, and Nintendo comin. Steam already come to Apple, wont be long.

No, I meant what I just said. PC:s aren't going anywhere for the forseeable future. Nintendo is going down the toilet, though.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#105 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70239 Posts

@doubutsuteki said:

No, I meant what I just said. PC:s aren't going anywhere for the forseeable future. Nintendo is going down the toilet, though.

Nintendo is going to become the Phoenix with the Switch. Everyone is going to buy the Switch because its the most revolutionary console of the three. Sony and MS would be going down the toilet.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By iandizion713

@doubutsuteki said:
@iandizion713 said:

Brosike, when was the last time you went to a store. They dont even sell PC's and tablets hardly anymore. Laptops is the future. I had to choose between Iphone, Imac, or like 20 Mac Books.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By doubutsuteki
@Pedro said:
@doubutsuteki said:

Nintendo is going to become the Phoenix with the Switch. Everyone is going to buy the Switch because its the most revolutionary console of the three. Sony and MS would be going down the toilet.

At least it is more interesting conceptually than the others. I don't forsee that it will do anything to reverse the irreversible trend of video game console obsolescence, though. Hmm... It's probably going to be more useful than the dreadful Xbox One, but that isn't saying a whole lot.

I had another look at the pathetic list of its' exclusives (been a while since I bothered): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

If you double-check with the actual list it's 31 Xbox One exclusives rather than the stated 33. And look at what kinds of games they are: Mostly motion control and casual games. What a joke of a console.

Excuse me for going off on a tangent.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 doubutsuteki
@iandizion713 said:
@doubutsuteki said:
@iandizion713 said:

Brosike, when was the last time you went to a store. They dont even sell PC's and tablets hardly anymore. Laptops is the future. I had to choose between Iphone, Imac, or like 20 Mac Books.

Depends on what kind of store you mean. Surely not an Apple store?

There are billions of said devices out there (and laptops = PC:s). They aren't going anywhere.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By iandizion713

@doubutsuteki: I know theyre PC, i was just using them to make a statement against Desktops and Tablets which seem to be declining. People want accessible, simplistic, innovative, portable, and fun. I think perfect combo is Iphone, Mac Book, and Switch. You be ballin then bro. Unless you want to go Google of course.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 doubutsuteki
@iandizion713 said:

@doubutsuteki: I know theyre PC, i was just using them to make a statement against Desktops and Tablets which seem to be declining. People want accessible, simplistic, innovative, portable, and fun.

Doesn't matter. The market for PC:s isn't dependent upon casual gamers at all. You could wipe every single one of them out and the PC would still be able to sustain itself as a platform.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By iandizion713

@doubutsuteki: Sure, but itd be expensive and niche.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 doubutsuteki
@iandizion713 said:

@doubutsuteki: Sure, but itd be expensive and niche.

Uh?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By iandizion713

@doubutsuteki: Without casuals your prices would increase and your install base would shrink.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 doubutsuteki
@iandizion713 said:

@doubutsuteki: Without casuals your prices would increase and your install base would shrink.

No, there's no such direct correlation between sales of PC:s and prices for PC games.

But if your belief is along those lines, rest assured in the knowledge that there are today more casual gamers on PC than the sum total of people who bought all of the current and last gen video game consoles - perhaps even all of the video game consoles ever shipped in history.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By iandizion713

@doubutsuteki: If im only selling 2k Video Cards a year compared to 200k, you bet the price is effected. Im gonna have to adjust everything about my business to match the demand.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 doubutsuteki
@iandizion713 said:

@doubutsuteki: If im only selling 2k Video Cards a year compared to 200k, you bet the price is effected. Im gonna have to adjust everything about my business to match the demand.

Uh-huh, but you kinda need a video card to be able to use a PC at all. And since gaming is just one use of a PC, there is no direct correlation, especially between casual gaming (low end cards do the job) and prices of games and graphics cards for games. And there is competition in the field of graphics driving prices of cards down.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By iandizion713

@doubutsuteki: Casual gamers isnt just low end cards. Casuals buy a lot of expensive cards too. Im a casual PC gamer with expensive card. I play like 2-3 PC games a year, yet my PC is pricey. My gaming mouse cost $150+ yet 98% of time is spent browsing on Google Chrome.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#118 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9736 Posts

Did anyone see this rumour yet? I don't know what to say.

Laura Dale Serves Up Some More Nintendo Switch Rumours

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#119 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5284 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

Should this belong in a Switch thread?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#120  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41575 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

Okay, Laura Kate Dale is coming off as some corporate version of this guy.

That said, Bioware and Rockstar giving their f*** you's to the system is no surprise at all (though it was EA's fault ME3 did badly on Wii U to begin with).

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@GameboyTroy said:

That said, Bioware and Rockstar giving their f*** you's to the system is no surprise at all (though it was EA's fault ME3 did badly on Wii U to begin with).

Yep, it's funny how badly they botched Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U by re-releasing the collection for Xbox 360 and PS3 as well with all the DLC, and the Wii U version didn't even get all of the DLC. And they wonder why they didn't get any sales, especially when the game was already out and hype of the franchise died down after the botch ending fiasco.

As for Rockstar, they teased Nintendo fans big time with releasing a trailer of RDR2 on the same day Nintendo finally revealed the Switch.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By iandizion713

@FireEmblem_Man: O Rockstar is pissed about that. They thought would put Nintendo in their place by overhyping them, but that silly little act i bet will cost Rockstar millions. On the downside, we can probably kiss Rockstar support bye-bye from all the butthurt that followed after that day.

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@GameboyTroy said:

Wait, if this rumor is true and the dock is not coming for 6 months, then how is this a home console?

If anything, it should be clear that this is a handheld and the ability to hook up to a TV is more of a secondary feature for people who want it.

It does make sense if true. Why confuse the market like they did with the Wii? By giving the Switch six months to be sold as a handheld, then they remove all the BS they would get for a lack of power, and they would also be leveraging their handheld and mobile market, which is their strongest strength.

And it proves that Nintendo has finally walked away from home consoles once and for all.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, everything about the Switch points to it being a handheld system and the successor to the DS line from the choice of media for games(Cards rather then discs), the emphasis on how you could play the Switch anywhere, and the fact that the main hardware of the Switch is in the unit with the screen.

If this rumor is true and the Switch Dock does not arrive at launch, then its clear what the Switch is. A handheld system that will get the feature to hook up to a TV.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 961 Posts

I wonder if they mean a separate dock will be available after 6 months fo people who want to have it hooked up to a second tv???

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#125 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@stuff238 said:

Nintendos biggest problem is they are constantly 20 years behind the other 2.

I am not even joking when I say this, but all they do is remake the same N64 games in gamecube graphics in HD with an added annoying gimmick claiming innovation.

And they appear to becoming even more lazy/cheap by doubling down on the switch. Instead of porting 2 games, now they can just make 1.

How is it "lazy/cheap" to give you the benefit of a handheld console, and a home console, for one price instead of purchasing 2 devices?

And no, they don't just "remake the same N64 games in gamecube graphics". Ridiculous.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 MirkoS77

Three hours of battery life. Read that from two sources now and expect it's the case. Bare minimum, I already see a new battery and pro controller need to be bought on the side. Bummer.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#127  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Lots of ignorance in this thread first off people complAin about Nintendo supposedly doing nothing but remakes ya. 2 remakes on wiiu versus how many ports xbox one or ps4 had. Come on people go look it up the fact that my Xbox one has barely new games all crossgen or ports its ridiculous ms titles aside the 3rd party are the problem they think hey lets just rerelease saints row iv gtav ac2 dead rising dead island borderlands dishonered dead rising 2 yet No body complains no one but Nintendo remaster only windwaker and twilight princess and everyone complains lol

List of all rereleased last gen titles below

Saints row iv gat out of he'll.

The last of us

God of war 3

Borderlands

Metro set

Dead island 1 and 2

Dead rising 2 off the record and 2 and1

Resident evil 0 1 4 5 and 6

Dishonored

Warriors orochi 3

A.c. the ezio collection

Gears of war ultimate

Halo mcc

Gtav

Plus all cross gen

That would be 75 percent of all the 8th gen so far

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9736 Posts

Having people to wait until September to buy a dock sounds bad if true. Having 3 hours of battery life also sounds bad.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 iandizion713

@GameboyTroy: They wont sell enough Switch's to justify producing docks. That shat cost money to do because shipping. Also 3DS was 4-5hr battery life and super slow to charge. And the rumor has to do with undocked dev kits most likely they stated, so wouldnt worry.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 MirkoS77

@iandizion713: that's bullshat mate, Switch will sell plenty. :)

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By iandizion713

@MirkoS77: Nintendo is expecting 2 million at launch. Thats not enough to ship docks for.