Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#51 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@ktseymour said:

If I remember right the chip used in the SNES was (6502?) actually a 32bit internal chip. That could be the reason?

Im pretty sure SNES was using a 16 bit chip

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Gorillanator said:

Meanwhile, Sega has been releasing Genesis and arcade games on the 3DS with actual 3D visuals and all those bells and whistles like save states and crap. Sega does what Nintendon't even to this day.

This just in: The Snes, even to this day, was and always has been the most powerful console ever made. Nintendo's dirtiest little secret has now come to light. The SNES is the graphics king.

Iol, yes, because a console from 1990 is so difficult to enhance games for versus one from 1988. It's more like M2 knows what they're doing, including adding new content, while el cheapo Nintendo are only looking at ways to rip off consumers again.

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

No one believes your bullshit Nintendo, just stop.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Renegade_Fury said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Gorillanator said:

Meanwhile, Sega has been releasing Genesis and arcade games on the 3DS with actual 3D visuals and all those bells and whistles like save states and crap. Sega does what Nintendon't even to this day.

This just in: The Snes, even to this day, was and always has been the most powerful console ever made. Nintendo's dirtiest little secret has now come to light. The SNES is the graphics king.

Iol, yes, because a console from 1990 is so difficult to enhance games for versus one from 1988. It's more like M2 knows what they're doing, including adding new content, while el cheapo Nintendo are only looking at ways to rip off consumers again.

They'll never get a New 3DS XL purchase out of me. What's next? The Wii U can't handle gamecube ports?!

Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#55  Edited By Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

Well this kind of makes sense. Emulation is quite a bit more demanding then running the game on the system itself, since you are using the system power to create virtual machine of the SNES. While phones can run SNES emulators, I'm pretty sure the 3DS is pretty weak compared to phones.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Renegade_Fury said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Gorillanator said:

They'll never get a New 3DS XL purchase out of me. What's next? The Wii U can't handle gamecube ports?!

They unfortunately already got me, like always *sigh*, but I was pretty pissed at having to buy a charger separately. If it had a TN screen on top of it, that would have been icing on the cake.

Apparently not, since TP only runs at 30 fps, and somehow still has framerate drops. Thank goodness for Amazon Prime though, so I at least didn't have to pay $60. Nintendo should just hire someone like M2 to port these games for them, well that is if they're not out of their price range, lol.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

As a Nintendo fan i have to say...this is kind of BS from their side.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts

are they enhancing the snes games in any way? are they upscaling the images and adding a post process AA to reduce the jaggies or something like that?

because if its just straight up emulation then it really shouldnt be a problem even for just one core in the 3DS CPU.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Well yeah that's just silly. N64 emulation I can understand, on the OG 3ds, but the snes cpu is 3 mhz.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

Ok. But I don't want to play SNES games on the 3DS so not important.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

Ok. But I don't want to play SNES games on the 3DS so not important.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#62 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

That sounds like a shit excuse. I just checked the processor in the 3DS and it's got a dual core and single core ARM 32 bit processor. There should not be an issue emulating an SNES on that.

Without diving into any further details (cause I'm too lazy and it really doesn't matter), my gut instinct calls bullshit on Nintendo.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@Wasdie said:

That sounds like a shit excuse. I just checked the processor in the 3DS and it's got a dual core and single core ARM 32 bit processor. There should not be an issue emulating an SNES on that.

Without diving into any further details (cause I'm too lazy and it really doesn't matter), my gut instinct calls bullshit on Nintendo.

But it will get glossed over and Sheep will think its acceptable.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@Heil68:

I think it's silly, myself. The question to ask is why would Nintendo not seek a dime from an enormous installed base. Perhaps there's some level of connectivity between n3ds and whatever NX turns out to be.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@Heirren said:

@Heil68:

I think it's silly, myself. The question to ask is why would Nintendo not seek a dime from an enormous installed base. Perhaps there's some level of connectivity between n3ds and whatever NX turns out to be.

Well like I said earlier, I bought NES games on the Virtual Store for the Wii, so I'm part of the problem too. Those games including SNES should be able to be played on Wiiu/3DS.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@ktseymour said:

If I remember right the chip used in the SNES was (6502?) actually a 32bit internal chip. That could be the reason?

Then there was a custom scaling chip, and a custom audio chip, plus the fact your translating from long word to short word RISC chip. Probably more overhead then that cheap arm chip can handle.

The SNES uses a custom CPU with a 16 bit 65C816 core. It actually wasn't all that great as it was locked at a rather slow clock rate of 3.58 Mhz.

The TG-16 gets flack for having an 8-Bit processor, but in many respects it's a better CPU for game development than the SNES's CPU because it wasn't held back by such a slow clock rate.

2nd post of the thread in the link below goes into great detail about the differences of CPU's used in the 16-bit era of consoles.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/197977-cpu-comparison-snes-vs-genesis-vs-tg16/