Nintendo Direct Announced For 1/14/2015, 9AM ET

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#251  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

...251th. =P

@nintendoboy16: Seen it. Not impressed. The title name sounds like it's ripping off Titanfall (ala Giana Sisters/Mario Bros and in the film world, Transformers/Transmorphers and Pacific Rim/Atlantic Rim).

Yeah, your right. Plus it just makes me want to play it on my TV...Meh.

You gotta admit though, the gameplay looked very well made for a 3rd person shooter game on a handheld console. And only 3 people are deveolping it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#252 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Heirren: North America is not getting the regular New 3DS, only the XL.

Wha? I don't see why not. The xl is enormous. 3DS is also targeted towards younger kids.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

I know 3DS games never look good on captured video, but Xenoblade looks really, really ugly.

Other than that, I'm glad I own a 3DS, but I don't think I'll buy a New 3DS or a Wii U anytime soon. Also, I hope they start selling DS games on the 3DS shop too like they are doing with Wii games on the Wii U.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#254  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17882 Posts

@LordQuorthon: itll proabbly look better on the actual 3DS screen but xenoblade was never a looker (the character models and animation suffer especially).

its a technical miracle (getting a game world that big, and with that much happening on the screen, running on a wii and not having the framerate plummet is very impressive) but something has to give.

hopefully the 3DS port is good. itll be a tough ask of the hardware to keep all the detail from the wii version, maintain a steady framerate at native res and do it all in 3D.

i dont see myself getting a new 3DS either...i will just stick with my current one. i have the controller add on for monster hunter (but im hoping for a wiiu port of that) so im just going to wait for nintendos next handheld. there isnt enough new in it to warrant the upgrade for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#255 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

I was fine with the Direct, but that whole AC adapter boggles me. I had missed out on the detail that it would be missing one only seeing the whole, 'it'll work with all other DS and 3DS adapters!' but now people who have never owned any of them before have to spend more to get a new one? Or will the New 3DS cost less without it and in total it'll add up to be the same amount as a normal 3DS XL when you buy both separately? Either way it's confusing and stupid. Also I wouldn't worry about the New 3DS standard model, it may have not been announced for NA, but I'm sure it'll come soon after the XL, but Nintendo is unpredictable at times so who knows.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#256 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

Fire Emblem alone made this a great direct. :)

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#257 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Seen it. Not impressed. The title name sounds like it's ripping off Titanfall (ala Giana Sisters/Mario Bros and in the film world, Transformers/Transmorphers and Pacific Rim/Atlantic Rim).

Name ripping off Titanfall, but the Game is CLEARLY Gears of War.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#258 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Aljosa23: Did you read my post?

I'm stating reasons why NOA would opt OUT of releasing a Regular sized New 3DS to the States.

lol what a shill

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#259  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

New Fire Emblem, Xenoblade Chronciles X and the new 3DS look great. It's stupid that it doesn't come with a charger.

Also looking forward to MM 3D.

I'm happy for people that couldn't get a chance to buy Metroid Prime Trilogy (I still have my copy). Now they can get it for a lot less.

lol @nintendoboy16

lol vita

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23998 Posts

Nintendo you disappoint me.

Only one place here allows me to pre-order a MM n3DS.

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#261  Edited By HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

Just pre-ordered a normal black one as I plan to get some of the decorative cases/shells. I imagine the New 3DS is compatible with larger capacity Mirco SD cards as I plan on using at least a 16-32GB one. I have a 32GB SD card in my current 3DS... shame they decided to switch.

Looking forward to more news on the Fire Emblem title. Seems like a more realistic theme than fantasy this time around (mind you I haven't played too many FE games).

I can see the disappointment for the AC Adapters for first time 3DS purchasers. At this point I must have 3-4 kicking around my household alone.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#262 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

For 3DS fans this was a mediocre Nintendo Direct. Great limited editions of consoles, another trailer for MM etc. But the Wii U info sucked.

Do I have to wait until E3 to hear news of new games?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#263 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@HowlingLotus: 3DS and 2DS models so far could take SD cards as large as 128GB- I imagine it will be no different for New 3DS models and microSD cards as well.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 Maroxad

@sonic_spark said:

For 3DS fans this was a mediocre Nintendo Direct. Great limited editions of consoles, another trailer for MM etc. But the Wii U info sucked.

What are you talking about?

There were plenty of new games announced.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@sonic_spark said:

What Bandai Namco Project Treasure free to play Wii U game didn't excite you? ..lol..the worst announcement of a new game. :P

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#266 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41579 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Seen it. Not impressed. The title name sounds like it's ripping off Titanfall (ala Giana Sisters/Mario Bros and in the film world, Transformers/Transmorphers and Pacific Rim/Atlantic Rim).

Name ripping off Titanfall, but the Game is CLEARLY Gears of War.

Weird how that... is that a potshot? Damn!

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#267  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Nintendo, or at least some unknown PR guy, offers a generic response on why NA isn't getting what's offered in the rest of the world.

Different territories make their own business decisions regarding individual products and timing. We think New Nintendo 3DS XL makes the most sense for our market. Nintendo makes different systems at different price points for a whole range of consumers, and New Nintendo 3DS XL simply expands those choices even further.

We have nothing to announce at this time.

"Nintendo offers products for a whole range of consumers, and that's why we're only offering one of our two new products in our most important region."

P L E A S E U N D E R S T A N D

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

Nintendo, or at least some unknown PR guy, offers a generic response on why NA isn't getting what's offered in the rest of the world.

Different territories make their own business decisions regarding individual products and timing. We think New Nintendo 3DS XL makes the most sense for our market. Nintendo makes different systems at different price points for a whole range of consumers, and New Nintendo 3DS XL simply expands those choices even further.

"Nintendo offers products for a range of consumers, and that's why we're only offering one of our two new products in our most important region."

lol..probaby got alot of complaints the original 3DS was too small...so, Nintendo "Oh so we just release XL for them, cause they have big hands".. :P

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#269 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@Maroxad said:

@sonic_spark said:

What are you talking about?

There were plenty of new games announced.

The 3DS got a surprise in Fire Emblem.

But in terms of Wii U-specific content... I can download Wii games now? Great I guess? I mean hell, a Starfox trailer would have been nice. The point is that the Wii U Q4 is horrendous. A surprise announcement that hey, Xenoblade is coming in April, or another big title is coming to wrap up the year, and hey, look at these big titles to get you excited for the Fall/Winter.

Maybe I'm expecting too much?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#270 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@wiiboxstation said:

No idea why the New 3ds doesn't come with a charger. That is some Sony/Microsoft level bs.

Same happened with the XL in Europe. I had to buy a third party charger.

You can explain it in two ways. Either most people already have a charger so it would be silly to have to buy the charger again and again. Or they tricked you.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#271 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Why U No Starfox?

:-(

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#272 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Super excited about the new Fire Emblem, was able to secure a MM 3DS XL pre-order at Bestbuy, and I love the Wave 4 amiibo. OMG Lucina will be mine. I don't really care for the Super Mario amiibo line, but I'll definitely pick up Toad.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Maroxad

@princeofshapeir said:

"Nintendo offers products for a whole range of consumers, and that's why we're only offering one of our two new products in our most important region."

Everything is bigger in America.

Including New 3DSes.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Why U No Starfox?

:-(

I'd say time. Unless Nintendo chickened out, did they not mention it had some odd control mechanism? My guess is an entire show is dedicated to the game--or it is the center attraction.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#275  Edited By svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@HowlingLotus: 3DS and 2DS models so far could take SD cards as large as 128GB- I imagine it will be no different for New 3DS models and microSD cards as well.

Really? Thought 32GB was the cap with not having SDXC compatibility. Thats good to know.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#276 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

In other words.....It's EXACTLY what I have been saying the whole time!

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#277  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@yokofox33 said:

Super excited about the new Fire Emblem, was able to secure a MM 3DS XL pre-order at Bestbuy, and I love the Wave 4 amiibo. OMG Lucina will be mine. I don't really care for the Super Mario amiibo line, but I'll definitely pick up Toad.

The super mario amiibo line has superior mario and luigi amiibos. I just said mario and amiibo way too many times.