Nintendo Announces 2D Mario Game for 3DS

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#151 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Xenoblade is releasing this year, and the team that developed it it's owned by Ninty so it is a new IP from them. :|

Also, US =/= The world.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

I can care less if they rehash anything, as long as the gameplay is fun, engaging and has some replay value (and wouldn't mind if it looks pretty) I agree, they should of waited for next holiday season to release this cause right now this Christmas holidays is all about the Wii U

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Is Xenoblade the one that Nintendo published (but did not develop), but did not give it a US release? I remember one game for the Wii which was excellently reviewed yet Nintendo decided not to bring it stateside. Sounds like risk-taking to me, yup. And Push-mo? A puzzle game. Wow. Extreme risk there. MirkoS77

What does risk have to do with anything?Nintendo is the market leader, they act like one. If you think Sony brings a plethora of new IPs to appease to their fans, you are wrong, they do it becuase they keep throwing franchises at the market but nothing sticks for reasons such as bad IP handling and little understanding of what gamers want.

Then there's the whole discussion of how the gameplay is usually a rip-off of something else. Modnation (Mario Kart), Wipeout (F-Zero+Mario Kart), Sony's answer to Smash Bros., etc.

I only mention Sony because MS' 1st party is non existant.

Now, onto the genres themselves. Hello Resistance and Killzone (generic FPS)!! Simply put, Nintendo has the most varied lineup of games out of any publisher in the entire industry. Quality is subjective, but they have the quantity and genre variety. This is especially evident if you consider both their handheld and home console business.

And lastly, what is wrong with Puzzle games? What do you mean low risk? As in budget wise? Why should we care what the game's budget is? I would pick Super Meat Boy over 99% of the PS3/360 library any day of the week. Fun factor is all that matters.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]Is Xenoblade the one that Nintendo published (but did not develop), but did not give it a US release? I remember one game for the Wii which was excellently reviewed yet Nintendo decided not to bring it stateside. Sounds like risk-taking to me, yup. And Push-mo? A puzzle game. Wow. Extreme risk there. SuperFlakeman

What does risk have to do with anything?Nintendo is the market leader, they act like one. If you think Sony brings a plethora of new IPs to appease to their fans, you are wrong, they do it becuase they keep throwing franchises at the market but nothing sticks for reasons such as bad IP handling and little understanding of what gamers want.

Then there's the whole discussion of how the gameplay is usually a rip-off of something else. Modnation (Mario Kart), Wipeout (F-Zero+Mario Kart), Sony's answer to Smash Bros., etc.

Now, onto the genres themselves. Hello Resistance and Killzone (generic FPS)!! Simply put, Nintendo has the most varied lineup of games out of any publisher in the entire industry. Quality is subjective, but they have the quantity and genre variety. This is especially evident if you consider both their handheld and home console business.

And lastly, what is wrong with Puzzle games? What do you mean low risk? As in budget wise? Why should we care what the game's budget is? I would pick Super Meat Boy over 99% of the PS3/360 library any day of the week. Fun factor is all that matters.

well said my friend :D

joojtzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 joojtzu
Member since 2011 • 1118 Posts
How about a Paper Mario?!
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 SuperFlakeman

How about a Paper Mario?! joojtzu

You're late to the party. Paper Mario 3(DS) is slated for 2012, but if any title get's pushed back to 2013 I would guess it's this one.

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

[QUOTE="joojtzu"]How about a Paper Mario?! SuperFlakeman

You're late to the party. Paper Mario 3(DS) is slated for 2012, but if any title get's pushed back to 2013 I would guess it's this one.

god i hope not...i want this game so bad, it looks amazing and i'm sure the 3D is insanely amazing in this

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#158 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
Normally each Mario game has a hook of sorts when announced, be it being set in space with crazy anti-grav level designs, perspective shifting 3D design, co-op play or what have you. To simply say 'meh, 2d Mario, look forward to it' is an unusually limp announcement from Nintendo. Granted it is an investors meeting, and this was probably not meant to be known to us like this. Hopefully when a more formal announcement like a trailer is out we will see what the spin on it is this time. Simply stating 'Another 2D Mario' is a little hard to get excited about given that they already did that with NSMB on the DS.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 SuperFlakeman

god i hope not...i want this game so bad, it looks amazing and i'm sure the 3D is insanely amazing in this

CDUB316

Yes, ironically the 2D nature of the game (paper) helps the 3D effect, it looks amazing in the trailers released on 3DS.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

At their investors meeting, Nintendo announced that a new 2D sidescrolling Mario game would be coming to the 3DS in the fiscal year 2012-13.

SOURCE

They really are going all out, aren't they?

bonesawisready5

All out as in........taking an already designed game and releasing a map pack for 3DS? Hardly all out, sorry. This is coming from a huge Nintendo fan. I like 3DLand, but there is still yet to be a killer app imo. Mario Kart, perhaps, but one that defines the console, nope? I hope the original zelda title is not a disappointment.

Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 review really well, and sell over 5 MILLION copies each within 30 or 60 days on market, to a consumer base of 12 million, basically 40% of the base bought them, and they aren't killer apps? Your standards are too high

My standards are different. Nintendo doesn't seem to be taking any risks. The wii was a huge risk, yes, but as far as game development as of late I'd say no. A killer app for me is a game like Halo or Uncharted--a game that gets people talking, one that takes the industry by surprise. It isn't just a first time thing either. A while back, game fans actually had faith in the developers it seems. I remember when Halo 2 was rumored how people were talking about all the things they'd like done to the game.

When Halo 2 was shown, they introduced duel wielding. People weren't sure about it but it kept the spirit of the game, while changing it at the same time. Then there was the online aspect which OVER delivered. Nintendo did the same thing going from Mario Bros to Mario3 to Mario World to Mario 64.

Today however, all I read here from a lot of nintendo fans is, "just give me mario kart but take out the blue shell." It seems a lot of the fans must be stuck in the past. Mario Kart 7 is a GREAT game--it should have scrored a 9.5 imo based on its polish--however, what if we all got something new?

***on a side note, people are mentioning how Mario is milked. Yes, the character is milked in ways, but the core series changes enough to where it doesn't matter

DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#161 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

At their investors meeting, Nintendo announced that a new 2D sidescrolling Mario game would be coming to the 3DS in the fiscal year 2012-13.

SOURCE

They really are going all out, aren't they?

charizard1605

Oh come on, really !!!

I was thinking that they were actually going to create something new this time !!!

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#162 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

[QUOTE="glimpus"]

Geez, if only Nintendo would stop making good games. Then people would have something to complain about.. I mean sure, there's a lot of the same characters, but the basic thing is, THEY'RE (USUALLY) REALLY GOOD GAMES.

MirkoS77

na people just want them to do something else but ignore the games like pushmo,xenoblade, etc

i honestly dont know what nintendo is to do anymore

Is Xenoblade the one that Nintendo published (but did not develop), but did not give it a US release? I remember one game for the Wii which was excellently reviewed yet Nintendo decided not to bring it stateside. Sounds like risk-taking to me, yup. And Push-mo? A puzzle game. Wow. Extreme risk there.

What does it matter if it's a puzzle game or not :| it's still a new IP.

It's hilarious, nintendo haters look for any excuse to dismiss their new IPs and continue to cry about them rehashing their core franchises.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]Is Xenoblade the one that Nintendo published (but did not develop), but did not give it a US release? I remember one game for the Wii which was excellently reviewed yet Nintendo decided not to bring it stateside. Sounds like risk-taking to me, yup. And Push-mo? A puzzle game. Wow. Extreme risk there. SuperFlakeman

* 70% of the Titles Playstation release sell multiple millions.. (same for the 360). I believe, don't quote me, that UC has surpassed 10 million. You don't consider that a successful franchise? And don't get me started on the Halo franchise.

Most variety??? LOL You mean most rehashes.. I'll admit that their 1st party is very solid but as a whole the wii is the most bulimic system on the market. Even the GC had more variety.

That's a pretty ironic statement considering that SMB is on all platforms.. :|

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#164 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

All good, though I doubt it will actually release this year.

glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#165 glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

[QUOTE="glimpus"]

Geez, if only Nintendo would stop making good games. Then people would have something to complain about.. I mean sure, there's a lot of the same characters, but the basic thing is, THEY'RE (USUALLY) REALLY GOOD GAMES.

MirkoS77

na people just want them to do something else but ignore the games like pushmo,xenoblade, etc

i honestly dont know what nintendo is to do anymore

Is Xenoblade the one that Nintendo published (but did not develop), but did not give it a US release? I remember one game for the Wii which was excellently reviewed yet Nintendo decided not to bring it stateside. Sounds like risk-taking to me, yup. And Push-mo? A puzzle game. Wow. Extreme risk there.

are you seriously bashing nintendo for not taking risks? like the wii or the ds weren't risks..

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#166 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Excellent. That's adds to my massive list of 3DS games I'll get this year. Yep, it's really great having a second 3DS game I want in 2012.