Newer 60fps vids are great for system wars!

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

I wanted to just say I'm so happy sites can now stream 60fps video.

For years we have been debating the value of 60fps vs 30fps between pc and consoles. I just got off another thread with a Dying Light video at 60fps, and I have to say it looks so much better at 60fps.

How are you consolidates enjoying what pc gamers enjoy, through video rather than games? Does it make you want to join the dark side?

Let the shitstorm commence.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

I'm a long time gamer, pc and console, Games are fun at 30 and 60fps. Certain genres benefit more than others and it's obviously smoother, but frames per second are not worth buying a pc for, especially for most gamers.

PCs are for a specific type of person, who wants to build, tweak and manipulate their rig. They like testing different graphics settings, modding games and things of that nature. Console gamers just buy something to plug in and enjoy, with no other concerns.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

PS4 owners prefer a nice 24fps for that cinematic feel.

Xbox One owners had locked 60fps at launch. Nothing new.

I'll take fun over it all.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

I'm a long time gamer, pc and console, Games are fun at 30 and 60fps. Certain genres benefit more than others and it's obviously smoother, but frames per second are not worth buying a pc for, especially for most gamers.

PCs are for a specific type of person, who wants to build, tweak and manipulate their rig. They like testing different graphics settings, modding games and things of that nature. Console gamers just buy something to plug in and enjoy, with no other concerns.

Meh, I think most people can see the huge difference between 30 and 60 fps, and choose the same game at 60 fps w/ much higher graphics on PC.

I mean, xbox and ps gamers argue and battle over 3-4 fps, So whatever.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

@demi0227_basic said:

I wanted to just say I'm so happy sites can now stream 60fps video.

For years we have been debating the value of 60fps vs 30fps between pc and consoles. I just got off another thread with a Dying Light video at 60fps, and I have to say it looks so much better at 60fps.

How are you consolidates enjoying what pc gamers enjoy, through video rather than games? Does it make you want to join the dark side?

Let the shitstorm commence.

@demi0227_basic said:

@demi0227_basic said:

How are you consolidates enjoying

@demi0227_basic said:

consolidates

@demi0227_basic said:

consolidates

i r l33t gamr, i r play pc.

u r casual consolidate

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#6 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@Crypt_mx: Your last sentence is a bit out dated. With the amount of updates you have to install on a game, and the necessity to pay for online adds a level of concern needed to game on consoles.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

this is just idiotic

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jankarcop

youtube > ps4?

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

lol Xbone can only do 60fps on racing games, everything else is 20-30fps and 720p-900p

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

@blamix99 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

lol Xbone can only do 60fps on stripped down, effects taken out racing games, everything else is 20-30fps and 720p-900p

Fixed for accuracy.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

You refered Dying Light...3 minutes until the download is ready! Gonna chop me some zombies!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61488 Posts

Good God...

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

60 fps will eventually be standard and people will laugh at 30 fps and this will all be behind us.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@Crypt_mx said:

Meh, I think most people can see the huge difference between 30 and 60 fps, and choose the same game at 60 fps w/ much higher graphics on PC.

Now, the debate is between 30 and 60 fps. Soon, it will be between 60 and 120/144 fps.

Personally, I think anything over 60 is really just a waste of resources. I'd much rather those resources go to improving other graphical techniques.

Similar to 4k tvs. There is honestly NO reason for manufacturers to ever release something over 4k because you've already reached that "infinite resolution" phase with 4k tvs. I mean hell...sometimes videos on 4k tvs look better than real life lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Why? So everyone can see that consoles can't do 60? That or folks can stop pretending to not being able to tell the difference between 30 an 60.

And the few frames per second matter to Cows like Tormentos when comparing Xbox One and PS4. But when PC gamers can play the same games at 60+ then we have to talk about price and console optimization....... The ever moving goal posts continues.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

yes it is great. i play at 144 when possible, never below 70. i wouldn't want to be associated with that type of low standard 60 fps person, be they pc or console gamer.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Crypt_mx

@bldgirsh said:

@Crypt_mx: Your last sentence is a bit out dated. With the amount of updates you have to install on a game, and the necessity to pay for online adds a level of concern needed to game on consoles.

Meh updates install themselves and everyone knows you need to pay so you can just grab that in the store or when you get home. The maintenance level of PC's is still higher than a console, but not as much so as it used to be as PC's simplify and consoles grow more complex though. PC's just require more steps that's all, there's more to it then just plugging it in.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Crypt_mx

@Jankarcop said:

@Crypt_mx said:

I'm sure most would choose the smoother one...but not if it costs more money and is more difficult to maintain and setup. My point is that frames per second mean very little to the average gamer, and do not warrant and upgrade to the PC. They still get great games that are very much so playable.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CrownKingArthur

@getyeryayasout: oh yes there can be dark days (specific games) where 60 fps, or even 30 fps is unavoidable. 60 fps is kind of like when i'm in a lecture and i've already read the slide and i just wish they'd change the slide, but for some reason its still there ... but after an eternity it finally changes. 30 fps is like going to an art gallery and really taking the time to appreciate each piece.

but taking a very short break from my typical fatuous remarks, i can make out the individual frames at 60 pretty easily now that i'm playing around 144. 60's all right though.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BldgIrsh

@Crypt_mx said:

@bldgirsh said:

Meh updates install themselves and everyone knows you need to pay so you can just grab that in the store or when you get home. The maintenance level of PC's is still higher than a console, but not as much so as it used to be as PC's simplify and consoles grow more complex though. PC's just require more steps that's all, there's more to it then just plugging it in.

I do agree that the PC does require more tech knowledge. Albeit, not as much more. But, "plug and play" wouldn't be the proper term used for console anymore, since updates do prevent someone from wanting to game right when it comes out, and if they wish to opt out of updates then they'll be left with a abysmal looking games, like The Evil Within without the day 1 patch. I don't agree with the mentality of just paying for online as its nothing to worry about, just going with the flow with what sony/xbox requires allows them to do more subscription based nuisance, like PSNow or EA Access.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Crypt_mx

@bldgirsh said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@bldgirsh said:

I do agree that the PC does require more tech knowledge. Albeit, not as much more. But, "plug and play" wouldn't be the proper term used for console anymore, since updates do prevent someone from wanting to game right when it comes out, and if they wish to opt out of updates then they'll be left with a abysmal looking games, like The Evil Within without the day 1 patch. I don't agree with the mentality of just paying for online as its nothing to worry about, just going with the flow with what sony/xbox requires allows them to do more subscription based nuisance, like PSNow or EA Access.

It is quite a bit more knowledge, what seems like nothing for you or I is a lot more complicated to your average consumer. I disagree, consoles are plug in and play. Buy console, plug in, press a to install update, play, when prompted, enter a payment method for gold to use MP. It is a super simple process that anybody can do. PC's just have more tinkering steps, build gaming PC, turn it on, install os, download drivers, install steam, install game, tinker with graphics settings, etc. The process is pretty lengthy and there's a lot more things that need to be done, even if you waste money and buy a PC.

I do not mind the subscription, I've been paying for gold since the Original Xbox and it's been worth every penny. It's a great service imo, and it's really not all expensive.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CrownKingArthur

@getyeryayasout: i have never been able to figure out why games at 30 and 60 fps take the same amount of time to play, perhaps my suite of several learning difficulties prevents me from having a grasp on the matter.

well the good news is you pretty much just need the screen. sure, a modest pc won't hit 144 in a modern game, but there's plenty of great old games which hit 144 easily. ideally the graphics card should have displayport, so should the monitor. (just my recommendation). and yeah, the displayport cable - haha, its needed! (and often forgotten). the gtx 970 is a great example of a gpu suitable for 1080p 144 fps gaming. far cry 4 on ultra sits around 80 to 100 fps, it looks absolutely sickening. but yeah, if there were specific games one thought they were gonna play at 144, i'd recommend checking them on pc gaming wiki - even games like quake 4 won't go beyond 60. weird eh?

toxikk is awesome man. really fun, and enough people are playing. she's only young though, and comes with just one level. but still, i'm on the edge of my seat the whole time i'm playing.

is waking mars good? hope all is well me old china.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

There is 60FPS only on PC, not on consoles

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jankarcop

"You know what? Really man who cares about FPS. 60 fps isn't really what people care about. FPS In general is just not a worred about topic there isn't reasons to spend cash on PC"

Few threads below this one:

"LMAO, XBONER can't even touch GodStation4's steady 30 fps in this game with very few dips. Digitalfoundry noticed FREQUENT dips into 21 dps on the XBONER version, it only averages at 28 fps!". What a pile of trash!

Stay Classy, Console kids.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BldgIrsh

@Crypt_mx said:

@bldgirsh said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@bldgirsh said:

It is quite a bit more knowledge, what seems like nothing for you or I is a lot more complicated to your average consumer. I disagree, consoles are plug in and play. Buy console, plug in, press a to install update, play, when prompted, enter a payment method for gold to use MP. It is a super simple process that anybody can do. PC's just have more tinkering steps, build gaming PC, turn it on, install os, download drivers, install steam, install game, tinker with graphics settings, etc. The process is pretty lengthy and there's a lot more things that need to be done, even if you waste money and buy a PC.

I do not mind the subscription, I've been paying for gold since the Original Xbox and it's been worth every penny. It's a great service imo, and it's really not all expensive.

Though I do value your opinion. There is some ambiguity in those highlighted statements. Somewhat using your opinion on what is wasteful and what is worth every penny. But, we just simply share different values on systems, hence why this is System Wars heh.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

One of the funniest things is seeing "PS4 game Call of Dudebros 7 60 fps gameplay!!!" videos on YouTube when we all know the game only runs at a max of 30 anyway.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
@mikhail said:

One of the funniest things is seeing "PS4 game Call of Dudebros 7 60 fps gameplay!!!" videos on YouTube when we all know the game only runs at a max of 30 anyway.

COD is 60FPS.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

60 frames per second was achievable on PC in 2007, maybe before that. Nothing new. Although consoles are still playing catch up.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

@sailor232 said:

60 frames per second was achievable on PC in 2007, maybe before that. Nothing new. Although consoles are still playing catch up.

lol...Yes, pc's have done 60fps and higher for a lot longer than that.

First game I really started paying attention to framerate was Battlefield 1942, but there were many important fps games that supported 60fps and higher back then anyway (Quake).

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Crypt_mx

@bldgirsh: eh you've kind of misquoted me with those bolded sections. That quote aboit buying a pc being a waste is referring to a pre built PC that you buy in stores. If you buy a pc instead of building one it is a waste of money lol

it shortens the process of pc gaming but has you paying far too much for what you get.. And the process is still not plug in and play.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@mikhail said:

COD is 60FPS.

Call of Duty is. Call of Dudebros is a fake game I just made up to illustrate a point, I don't know what you are even talking about right now.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
@mikhail said:

Call of Duty is. Call of Dudebros is a fake game I just made up to illustrate a point, I don't know what you are even talking about right now.

Oh. A fake game.

Good one.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

30 FPS Tomb Raider still looks plenty smooth on my Plasma

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:

cool story about your plasma

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GioVela2010

@MonsieurX said:

@GioVela2010 said:

cool story about your plasma

Plasma is amazing. Too bad the average consumer was to stupid to realize it

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jankarcop

@GioVela2010 said:

30 FPS Tomb Raider

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#42 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I don't think they care...

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GioVela2010

@Jankarcop:

On PC genius

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

@brickedntricked said:

It's a preference thing 60 vs 30. For me I'd always downgrade graphics to get over 50 (that's when I stop noticing). At 30 though it looks choppy to me.

Other people like max graphics at 30 and than some others like pushing over 100 fps.

I'm the same, as long as it doesn't dip below 50 I notice no real difference and I will drop quality to achieve that.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Better frame rates = Better Gameplay experience. End of story. There is no room for discussion here that why low frame rates are better for some genres. No, it's idiotic to think that. I'm not saying games are unplayable at locked 30fps but better frame rates make the game more fluid, immersive and fun. The platform that offers better frame rates is giving you better gameplay experience. It's a big advantage over other platforms. Fact.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

the filthy peasant sub human eye can't tell the difference between 30 and 60fps

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jankarcop

@GioVela2010:

I'm glad you play it on PC. lol video games on consoles (most games are multiplats).