Newer 60fps vids are great for system wars!

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Better frame rates = Better Gameplay experience.

Lol, of course not.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Lol, of course not.

How so?

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 madsnakehhh

@Cloud_imperium said:

@madsnakehhh said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Lol, of course not.

How so?

Because better frame rate doesn't affect gameplay?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

This has been proven wrong multiple times. FPS aren't really like graphics, smoother fps does in fact result in better gameplay.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@madsnakehhh said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Lol, of course not.

How so?

false, why do most racing or fighting games try to aim for 60 fps?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@madsnakehhh said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Lol, of course not.

How so?

Lol. At higher frame rates, controls become more responsive. Why are we even having this discussion?

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 madsnakehhh

@04dcarraher: It does look smoother and fluid, and the fact that companies try to achieve 60fps is good, but if you are trying to say that i'm going to play better KOF XIII with 60fps instead of playing it at 30fps, then you are out of your mind.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By 04dcarraher

@madsnakehhh said:

@04dcarraher: It does look smoother and fluid, and the fact that companies try to achieve 60fps is good, but if you are trying to say that i'm going to play better KOF XIII with 60fps instead of playing it at 30fps, then you are out of your mind.

um hello.... higher frame rates, the controls become more responsive, why do you think twitch fps players want to play at highest fps possible? its because each frame rendered matches each time the screen refreshes so you see all what is being rendered. Running 30 fps on 60 hz means your losing every other frame that is being rendered.

Look here

you can see the frames skipping

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 madsnakehhh

@04dcarraher said:

@madsnakehhh said:

um hello.... higher frame rates, the controls become more responsive, why do you think twitch fps players want to play at highest fps possible? its because each frame rendered matches each time the screen refreshes so you see all what is being rendered. Running 30 fps on 60 hz means your losing every other frame that is being rendered.

Look here

That only proves what i said, it looks smoother, but in no way changes the gameplay experience, my point stands, higher frames doesn't result in better gameplay, again if that were the case, most tournaments with fighters would have change to PC since they frame rate is better and at top level it would result in better performances, so yeah...60fps is nice and all and i liked it...but in no way improves the gameplay in any significant way.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 04dcarraher

@madsnakehhh said:

@04dcarraher said:

@madsnakehhh said:

Look here

That only proves what i said, it looks smoother, but in no way changes the gameplay experience, my point stands, higher frames doesn't result in better gameplay, again if that were the case, most tournaments with fighters would have change to PC since they frame rate is better and at top level it would result in better performances, so yeah...60fps is nice and all and i liked it...but in no way improves the gameplay in any significant way.

lol, gameplay is how you react to what your seeing and framerate does affect how you play. What happens when you go from 30 fps and it dips into the 20's the game becomes less responsive, it stutters making the game un-enjoyable during those instances

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By madsnakehhh
@04dcarraher said:

@madsnakehhh said:

@04dcarraher said:

@madsnakehhh said:

Look here

lol, gameplay is how you react to what your seeing and framerate does affect how you play. What happens when you go from 30 fps and it dips into the 20's the game becomes less responsive, it stutters making the game un-enjoyable during those instances

I thought the subject was about 30fps vs 60fps, why bring out lower frame rates, it's clearly that anything below 20fps is unplayable and the stutter becomes unbearable regardless the platform, but that's not the point, the point remains this 30fps vs 60fps doesn't bring out any secret sausage that consoles lack in terms of gameplay like many hermits love to claim.