New White Knight Chronicles Photos, Finally.

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 blitzkid1
Member since 2008 • 3952 Posts

Loks very Nice.This made my day.

ChrnoTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ChrnoTrigger
Member since 2008 • 2155 Posts
Looks so beautiful. I'm really digging the art style, reminds me of old school RPGs, every pic seems to have an awesome finish to it :)
blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 blitzkid1

Looks so beautiful. I'm really digging the art style, reminds me of old school RPGs, every pic seems to have an awesome finish to it :)ChrnoTrigger

it does look like an old school rpg, i like it more than infinite undiscovery, but i cant compare them.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
Is this game still coming out this year or it'll be delayed?
Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts

Most likely will be Japan only this year with a Q2 2009 U.S. release if I had to guess but it's almost definitely coming out in Jspan this year.

lordxymor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lordxymor
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts
GS lists it as TBA 2008, ign as TBA 2009. I guess no one knows...
TanKLoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TanKLoveR
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
That looks really good, i hope it comes out this year so i can finally get my ps3 with mgs4 and WKS :D.
vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vicmackey39
Member since 2008 • 2416 Posts

it'd be nice if they could release it this decade

looks so good

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts
I'm happy they have put out new photos, I hope it hits in 08, I mean Infinite Undiscovery being released in September was a big shock, maybe this one will announce a fall release too? Am I hoping for too much?
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts

I'm happy they have put out new photos, I hope it hits in 08, I mean Infinite Undiscovery being released in September was a big shock, maybe this one will announce a fall release too? Am I hoping for too much?Andrew_Xavier

do you really need two 50 hour quests in one go :P

Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Nolan16
Member since 2006 • 4022 Posts
looks stunning.
High_Spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 High_Spy
Member since 2006 • 475 Posts
All JRPGS are starting the look the same now adays. The only difference in this one is that the main character doesn't look like a closeted homo Really, Japan's gotta pick it up.
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
It's about time, some info. Can't wait for this one looks great.
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Couth_
All JRPGS are starting the look the same now adays. The only difference in this one is that the main character doesn't look like a closeted homo Really, Japan's gotta pick it up.High_Spy
You could say the same thing about all western games, all Sci-Fi space junk. Halo, Gears, Mass Effect, Too Human...
High_Spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 High_Spy

[QUOTE="High_Spy"]All JRPGS are starting the look the same now adays. The only difference in this one is that the main character doesn't look like a closeted homo Really, Japan's gotta pick it up.Couth_
You could say the same thing about all western games, all Sci-Fi space junk. Halo, Gears, Mass Effect, Too Human...

Not neccesarily. If I wasn't so lazy I could easily pull out several JRPG pictures and you'd clearly see the similarities. Innocent looking girls that play the role of the love interest. Guys that look like flaming homos. Character usually carries a huge ass sword. Story climax usually has to do with the character uncovering his "power within and saving the world." They do use varying battle systems, but eventually real time will take over for it's most effective.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

I actually forgot all about this game.. Thanks for posting the pics now if I could read Japanese :*(

Looks really good I too am digging the style of it.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Couth_

[QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="High_Spy"]All JRPGS are starting the look the same now adays. The only difference in this one is that the main character doesn't look like a closeted homo Really, Japan's gotta pick it up.High_Spy

Not neccesarily. If I wasn't so lazy I could easily pull out several JRPG pictures and you'd clearly see the similarities. Innocent looking girls that play the role of the love interest. Guys that look like flaming homos. Character usually carries a huge ass sword. Story climax usually has to do with the character uncovering his "power within and saving the world." They do use varying battle systems, but eventually real time will take over for it's most effective.

Ok? And in all shooters all you do is shoot and control a lame main character. In all racing games all you do is hit the gas et cetera. You're not really providing a sound argument. JRPGs provide more worthwhile content than most other genres..
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EmperorSupreme

[QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="High_Spy"]All JRPGS are starting the look the same now adays. The only difference in this one is that the main character doesn't look like a closeted homo Really, Japan's gotta pick it up.High_Spy

You know it's always the guys with the Gears icons calling the guys in JRPGs homos, emo etc.... Can it just be coincidence?? Personally I love the Japanese art direction in games.

potterpipi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#20 potterpipi
Member since 2005 • 16597 Posts
looks sweet.
High_Spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 High_Spy
[QUOTE="High_Spy"]

[QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="High_Spy"]All JRPGS are starting the look the same now adays. The only difference in this one is that the main character doesn't look like a closeted homo Really, Japan's gotta pick it up.Couth_

Ok? And in all shooters you shoot control a lame main character. In all racing games all you do is hit the gas. You're not really providing a sound argument. JRPGs provide more worthwhile content than most other genres..

See, your logic fails simply because I never really meant content. I was generally talking about the art **** I am aware that I mentioned battle systems, but it is pretty true. And your racing game argument is pure failure simply because: what else can you do in a racing game? Maybe you can go all Twisted Metal or add some flashy crashes, but not much else. Also for proof:

Innocent looking jail bait? Check. Flat chested? Check. Always happy? Check. Hair ****that a human would never be able to achieve? Not with this one, but damn have you seen Sora?

EDIT: The censored words are "S T Y L E". GS censors it due to HTML reasons.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Couth_

See, your logic fails simply because I never really meant content. I was generally talking about the art **** I am aware that I mentioned battle systems, but it is pretty true. And your racing game argument is pure failure simply because: what else can you do in a racing game? Maybe you can go all Twisted Metal or add some flashy crashes, but not much else. Also for proof:

Innocent looking jail bait? Check. Flat chested? Check. Always happy? Check. Hair ****that a human would never be able to achieve? Not with this one, but damn have you seen Sora?

High_Spy
Right...Just about any hairstyle is possible with hair gel. Your reaching...And just about every art style is different. That needs no explanation... Look at WKC and FFXIII versus, Valkyria Chronicles, TWEWY and MLaaK. If you can't see a difference your a blind fanboy, which I think you are anyway...
High_Spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 High_Spy
[QUOTE="High_Spy"]

Couth_

Right...Just about any hairstyle is possible with hair gel. Your reaching...And just about every art style is different. That needs no explanation... Look at WKC and FFXIII versus, Valkyria Chronicles, TWEWY and MLaaK. If you can't see a difference your a blind fanboy, which I think you are anyway...

These two are generally going for the same s t y l e. They're both cell shaded for a cartoony effect. Oen just takes it farther with the colored-pencil like textures.

Need I say anymore? Shed some more tears bro. You're actually so desperate that you 1.) Bite my bait. 2.) Contradict and alter the argument several times because you're losing.

blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blitzkid1
[QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="High_Spy"]

High_Spy

These two are generally going for the same s t y l e. They're both cell shaded for a cartoony effect. Oen just takes it farther with the colored-pencil like textures.

Need I say anymore? Shed some more tears bro. You're actually so desperate that you 1.) Bite my bait. 2.) Contradict and alter the argument several times because you're losing.

who cares if there similar all that matters is that they have diffrent stories, characters whcih look diffrent, and have great music and gameplay.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Couth_

:roll: Way to ignore thegames I listed. Of course there are some similar ones. They don't all look the same, or go for the same style..

High_Spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 High_Spy

who cares if there similar all that matters is that they have diffrent stories, characters whcih look diffrent, and have great music and gameplay.

blitzkid1

Different stories I'll give you. But characters? Eh,

eonape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 eonape
Member since 2008 • 155 Posts
looks alright, im not much of a slow pace rpg person though, so I'm not too interested. but people who enjoy those kinds of games are probably excited for it.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 EmperorSupreme
[QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="High_Spy"]

High_Spy

Am I missing something here? Other than being female how do those look the same? And the Blonde in the third picture down with the staff looks wow, she goes against everything you said.

High_Spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 High_Spy

:roll: Way to ignore thegames I listed. Of course there are some similar ones. They don't all look the same, or go for the same style..

Couth_

One, Your images failed. They don't seem to load for me. Two, Valkyria is up there. I woulda posted a picture of FFXIII, but they both generally have similar art s t y l e. Just one's darker, grittier, and more steam punkish. Also, you can't compare Eternal Sonata to FFXIII because their s t y l e s are TOTALLY different. I know that. However, there's like 3 or 4 different types of art direction in JRPGS now adays. And all the games go into one of those categories. Eternal Sonata and Valkyria are cell shaded. FF is realism. Etc,

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
It looks amazing from graphics and arts perspective, but the combat looked a little stale in the vids.
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts

blitzkid1

I can tell you that young people being in valkryia chronicles is part of the story, cause regular people get ingulfed in war. And she isn't really the main character, just one of them.

High_Spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 High_Spy

Am I missing something here? Other than being female how do those look the same? And the Blonde in the third picture down with the staff looks wow, she goes against everything you said.

EmperorSupreme

What I'm saying is, it's just a matter of them all having a similar look. There's cell-shaded games, realistic games, quirky games, and drab games. JRPGS take one of these into consideration when they're deciding their art s t y l e. Yes I know some times the characters do look different, but look at the way they're drawn. Very similar.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Couth_
[QUOTE="Couth_"]

High_Spy

One, Your images failed. They don't seem to load for me. Two, Valkyria is up there. I woulda posted a picture of FFXIII, but they both generally have similar art s t y l e. Just one's darker, grittier, and more steam punkish. Also, you can't compare Eternal Sonata to FFXIII because their s t y l e s are TOTALLY different. I know that. However, there's like 3 or 4 different types of art direction in JRPGS now adays. And all the games go into one of those categories. Eternal Sonata and Valkyria are cell shaded. FF is realism. Etc,

I didn't post any images. And thanks for the explanation of different art sty1es. You just proved they don't all look the same.
High_Spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 High_Spy
[QUOTE="High_Spy"][QUOTE="Couth_"]

Couth_

I didn't post any images. And thanks for the explanation of different art sty1es. You just proved they don't all look the same.

I never meant all jrpgs look the same, and if I said that I was exaggerating. I'm saying that they all follow a certain cliche. Lots of movies have explosions. Lots of movies have kissing. Well with JRPGS, lots of them have realistic graphics, lots of them have cell shading, etc. End of discussion.

beinss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 beinss
Member since 2004 • 1838 Posts
i cant wait :)
High_Spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 High_Spy

i cant wait :)beinss

Lmao your sig against the 360 is based on a survey taken on CAG. :lol:

Also, 66 percent failure rate? Please go home.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Couth_
All JRPGS are starting the look the same now adays. The only difference in this one is that the main character doesn't look like a closeted homo Really, Japan's gotta pick it up.High_Spy

I never meant all jrpgs look the same, and if I said that I was exaggerating. I'm saying that they all follow a certain cliche. Lots of movies have explosions. Lots of movies have kissing. Well with JRPGS, lots of them have realistic graphics, lots of them have cell shading, etc. End of discussion.

High_Spy
Self Owned then damage control. There never was a discussion. WKC looks good period :D
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
Wow. Very good find and major props. This is one game that I've been wanting more info on whether its pics, video, or just information in general about the game.
High_Spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 High_Spy
[QUOTE="High_Spy"]All JRPGS are starting the look the same now adays. The only difference in this one is that the main character doesn't look like a closeted homo Really, Japan's gotta pick it up.Couth_

High_Spy

Self Owned then damage control. There never was a discussion. WKC looks good period :D

Lmao READING COMPREHENSION. It's called exaggeration man. It's impossible for everything to look the same. Though quite the lot of them have similar traits. Especially the more mainstream ones. Also, during that 1st post I made about all Jrpgs looking the same, I was exaggerating for comedic effect. Because everyone laughs at the word closeted homo You took the bait and went on a rant. I do think a whole boatload of JRPGS look the same, but not ALL of them. Nice try kiddo.

Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts

Nice.

Now I want to see some more videos. :D

But I really hope White Knight Chronicles is nothing like Rogue Galaxy. I have no idea what Level-5 was thinking when they made that cliched monstrosity. ~_~

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

Is this game still coming out this year or it'll be delayed?AgentA-Mi6

I kinda hope it gets delayed to 09. Don't have the money for a PS3 this year. :(

MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts

Looks great. It's about time there were some new pics of the game.

Level-5 is alive!

blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blitzkid1

Nice.

Now I want to see some more videos. :D

But I really hope White Knight Chronicles is nothing like Rogue Galaxy. I have no idea what Level-5 was thinking when they made that cliched monstrosity. ~_~

Moon_of_Majora

Rogue galaxy had the most horrible and most repetative dungeons and thats what killed the game for me, but the characters made up for it.

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts
This is some good stuff Blitzkid. I've been waiting so long for updates...and even longer for this game to come out.:P
blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 blitzkid1

This is some good stuff Blitzkid. I've been waiting so long for updates...and even longer for this game to come out.:PInfinityMugen

youre welcome, ive just been waiting for another rpg after lost odyssey.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Couth_

High_Spy

Lmao READING COMPREHENSION. It's called exaggeration man. It's impossible for everything to look the same. Though quite the lot of them have similar traits. Especially the more mainstream ones. Also, during that 1st post I made about all Jrpgs looking the same, I was exaggerating for comedic effect. Because everyone laughs at the word closeted homo You took the bait and went on a rant. I do think a whole boatload of JRPGS look the same, but not ALL of them. Nice try kiddo.

:lol:lol it's called Rhetoric. And I don't recall going on a rant. I believe it's you posting a wall of text to try to defend yourself
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]Is this game still coming out this year or it'll be delayed?SSCyborg

I kinda hope it gets delayed to 09. Don't have the money for a PS3 this year. :(

I kinda hope it comes out Now, because I bough a Ps3 last year and I still dont have any decent rpgs ...
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]I'm happy they have put out new photos, I hope it hits in 08, I mean Infinite Undiscovery being released in September was a big shock, maybe this one will announce a fall release too? Am I hoping for too much?samusarmada

do you really need two 50 hour quests in one go :P

I'm greedy, hell, I never even play half the games I buy.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
Why does JeuxFrance always get all the new screens? I didn't know that French people even cared about video game that much.