New White Knight Chronicles Photos, Finally.

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
[QUOTE="SSCyborg"]

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]Is this game still coming out this year or it'll be delayed?AgentA-Mi6

I kinda hope it gets delayed to 09. Don't have the money for a PS3 this year. :(

I kinda hope it comes out Now, because I bough a Ps3 last year and I still dont have any decent rpgs ...

I would take it NOW too. I thought GTAIV would last me until MGS4 came out. I was wrong, 75% complete, already done everything worthwhile with it, the online is garbage, and i'm bored as hell with it :?
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

Is this game still coming out this year or it'll be delayed?AgentA-Mi6

Coming this year in Japan August I think who knows when it will come stateside. Btw this game is looking better to me I might have to pick it up.

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
Awesome. Does anyone know if its turn-by-turn combat or hack-and-slash?
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
This is my most wanted JRPG so far. I love big huge monster battles. Kind of reminds me of ultraman.
joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 joker730
Member since 2007 • 1561 Posts
cool
tarzanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 tarzanell
Member since 2006 • 1503 Posts
This game is going to be insane, mark my words.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
Looks really nice specially compared to what info was released in 07 which was pretty terrible. I have to say WKS is defiantly back on my radar.
therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 therealmcc0y
Member since 2007 • 2115 Posts
delayed to 09 :roll:
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
[QUOTE="High_Spy"]

[QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="High_Spy"]All JRPGS are starting the look the same now adays. The only difference in this one is that the main character doesn't look like a closeted homo Really, Japan's gotta pick it up.EmperorSupreme

You could say the same thing about all western games, all Sci-Fi space junk. Halo, Gears, Mass Effect, Too Human...

Not neccesarily. If I wasn't so lazy I could easily pull out several JRPG pictures and you'd clearly see the similarities. Innocent looking girls that play the role of the love interest. Guys that look like flaming homos. Character usually carries a huge ass sword. Story climax usually has to do with the character uncovering his "power within and saving the world." They do use varying battle systems, but eventually real time will take over for it's most effective.

You know it's always the guys with the Gears icons calling the guys in JRPGs homos, emo etc.... Can it just be coincidence?? Personally I love the Japanese art direction in games.

its ok... i used to like it more, but he does have a point, its always the inocent girls that plays the love interest and the main character always needs to have some dark mysterious past..... geez id love to play a JRPG where you char acts like one of the main characters in the GTA series now THAT would be original

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts
[QUOTE="Moon_of_Majora"]

Nice.

Now I want to see some more videos. :D

But I really hope White Knight Chronicles is nothing like Rogue Galaxy. I have no idea what Level-5 was thinking when they made that cliched monstrosity. ~_~

blitzkid1

Rogue galaxy had the most horrible and most repetative dungeons and thats what killed the game for me, but the characters made up for it.

Oh, i loved that game and didnt felt repetative at all for me heh

WKC looks sweet, finally a rpg this gen (for ps3 atleast) that going to kick butt. Not much hope it will come this year tho, looks more like a 2009 game :?

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 st1ka
[QUOTE="High_Spy"][QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="High_Spy"]All JRPGS are starting the look the same now adays. The only difference in this one is that the main character doesn't look like a closeted homo Really, Japan's gotta pick it up.Couth_

I never meant all jrpgs look the same, and if I said that I was exaggerating. I'm saying that they all follow a certain cliche. Lots of movies have explosions. Lots of movies have kissing. Well with JRPGS, lots of them have realistic graphics, lots of them have cell shading, etc. End of discussion.

High_Spy

Self Owned then damage control. There never was a discussion. WKC looks good period :D

Lmao READING COMPREHENSION. It's called exaggeration man. It's impossible for everything to look the same. Though quite the lot of them have similar traits. Especially the more mainstream ones. Also, during that 1st post I made about all Jrpgs looking the same, I was exaggerating for comedic effect. Because everyone laughs at the word closeted homo You took the bait and went on a rant. I do think a whole boatload of JRPGS look the same, but not ALL of them. Nice try kiddo.

:lol:lol it's called Rhetoric. And I don't recall going on a rant. I believe it's you posting a wall of text to try to defend yourself

and then you denying the facts when they are in front of you, theres a reason JRPGs are famous for the thing he said, its because the other games are merely exceptions

kostmpekir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 kostmpekir
Member since 2008 • 780 Posts
Old as hell, at least 1.5 year old
therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 therealmcc0y
Member since 2007 • 2115 Posts
[QUOTE="blitzkid1"][QUOTE="Moon_of_Majora"]

Nice.

But I really hope White Knight Chronicles is nothing like Rogue Galaxy. I have no idea what Level-5 was thinking when they made that cliched monstrosity. ~_~

aroxx_ab

Rogue galaxy had the most horrible and most repetative dungeons and thats what killed the game for me, but the characters made up for it.

WKC looks sweet, finally a rpg this gen (for ps3 atleast) that going to kick butt. Not much hope it will come this year tho, looks more like a 2009 game :?

Why is it taking the developers so long to get these games out. Im getting a bit tired of this.

I mean look at Insomniac though, they're gonna get 3 great games out in 3 years. yet it takes everyone else 1 game in 4 years :?

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 st1ka
[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"][QUOTE="blitzkid1"][QUOTE="Moon_of_Majora"]

Nice.

therealmcc0y

Why is it taking the developers so long to get these games out. Im getting a bit tired of this.

I mean look at Insomniac though, they're gonna get 3 great games out in 3 years. yet it takes everyone else 1 game in 4 years :?

games now a days are a pretty big investment, it like creating a motion picture, it takes years dozens and dozes of people and a lot of financial backing, as a result these things take time. Sometimes i wish i was back in the 8 bit and 16 bit era when just one guy with hs buddies could create a game by themselves

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#65 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

looks nice

shame it prob won't be my type of game from a gameplay point of view

great level design and concept art though

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#66 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
Looks great! I really hope it gets a European realease this year, seems quite unlikely though. Still, i'll have Valkyria Chronicles to fill the title of my personal favorite RPG of 08 :D
Avatar image for deactivated-59da85d821feb
deactivated-59da85d821feb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-59da85d821feb
Member since 2006 • 2075 Posts

Looks cool, when I get a PS3 I'll pick it up.

But at least I have Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia and Infinite Undiscovery this year, then next year I'll have this and FF13 :D

omgimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 omgimba
Member since 2007 • 2645 Posts

I like the artstyle..

Problem is that the gameplay footage that has been shown looks really bad...

TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#69 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts
I really hope that this gets a UK release in 2008. (Unlikely though, Rogue Galaxy was released here TWO YEARS after the Japanese release) I love Level-5 RPGs to bits.
kostmpekir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 kostmpekir

Finally, we got pics that are 1.5 year old

I wonder when that game will eventually arrive

kostmpekir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 kostmpekir

I really hope that this gets a UK release in 2008. (Unlikely though, Rogue Galaxy was released here TWO YEARS after the Japanese release) I love Level-5 RPGs to bits. TheLordHimself

Given there is still no release date for Japan, that game probably will come early 2009 in Japan, late 2009 in US, and mid 2010 in Europe

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Lab392
Member since 2006 • 6217 Posts
Looking good. I hope it turns out better than the TGS demo though...
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
My hype for this game has always been through the roof. I really just can't wait for it to release, even if it's only in Japan for a few months. I'm intrigued by the costume system and how that will work or affect the game in any way.