Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

Boring as fck.

DK tropical freeze is something I guess.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#53  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Hmm I don't really get how people overhype themselves with these Directs. Sony and MS didn't even do a Direct. It's not like Nintendo has an E3 showing multiple times a year >__> I didn't expect anything but more details of games already announced for 2018 and what I got was that and some cool ports of older games that many people missed out on with some new additions, some free DLC, paid DLC, and a new Mario Tennis.

Like, this was fun for me. I hope this will be one of the good Mario Tennis games ^__^ I never played the earlier ones and I heard some of them were good. TWEWY getting new story content was a big surprise too.

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

@Sgt_Crow: Wow, a remastered old game merely to test the waters. Won't sell.

Dark Souls: REMASTERED is coming out on all systems, just so you know. It's no test.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#55 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

a Reminder,

Nintendo STILL hasn't detailed ANYTHING about their Online Service.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

never bought a mario tennis game. dont care about playing multiplayer. i have no one to play with and people online are too good.
however.... this one finally has a single player story mode! i will be getting this game.

dark sould remaster? i am like halfway in the PC version. if they add some kind of mario DLC on it then i might get it for switch.

donkey kong tropical freeze with an overpowered funky kong? hell yes! game is hard even with dixie kong. maybe now i can actually 100% the game.

odyssey DLC was a letdown imo...

hyrule warriors super complete edition? another must have wiiU game off the list. another step closer to retiring my wiiU. i loved this game. now i can play the 3ds story mode as well. day one for me.

kirby looks cool.

i already rage quit pokken.. so dont care about the DLC :P

YSVII? i am not a big rpg fan.

mario rabbids donkey kong DLC? oh yes... i 100% the game and will happily play the new story mode with donkey kong!

payday 2? thinking of getting it just to try it. not sure.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 hrt_rulz01  Online
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@MarioFan264 said:

I was pretty certain my Switch would collect dust for a long time. Now I know it for a fact.

Hmmm, I'm sure others might feel the same. It's going to be interesting to see if they can keep up this momentum without Mario/Zelda. This direct doesn't bode well... but it's early days I guess.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LegatoSkyheart

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@MarioFan264 said:

I was pretty certain my Switch would collect dust for a long time. Now I know it for a fact.

Hmmm, I'm sure others might feel the same. It's going to be interesting to see if they can keep up this momentum without Mario/Zelda. This direct doesn't bode well... but it's early days I guess.

I'm not so sure about you guys, but I see more Switch fans stoked about the games shown off in the Direct then not.

And lets not forget about the other games slated for release this year that wasn't shown off for this direct.

Namely Yoshi, Valkyrie Chronicles 4, BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, No More Heroes Travis Strikes Again, Dragon Quest XI, and Street Fighter 30th.

If anything this Direct shows that Nintendo still intends to keep the momentum up just like what they had for last year. In case you've forgotten, Just about EVERY month last year had 1 Nintendo published game. Next month is Bayonetta 1&2, in March it's Kirby, April is likely either Mario Tennis or Hyrule Warriors (or both), May is Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and June likely will have Mario Tennis or Hyrule Warriors if one or the other misses the April date (cause that's still technically spring until the 21st that is).

Nintendo's not making the same mistake as the Wii U this time for sure. They're spreading out their titles in a smart and strategic manner to where no matter what situation, the Switch is going to have something for you to play in each Month of the year.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hrt_rulz01  Online
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@MarioFan264 said:

I'm not so sure about you guys, but I see more Switch fans stoked about the games shown off in the Direct then not.

And lets not forget about the other games slated for release this year that wasn't shown off for this direct.

Namely Yoshi, Valkyrie Chronicles 4, BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, No More Heroes Travis Strikes Again, Dragon Quest XI, and Street Fighter 30th.

If anything this Direct shows that Nintendo still intends to keep the momentum up just like what they had for last year. In case you've forgotten, Just about EVERY month last year had 1 Nintendo published game. Next month is Bayonetta 1&2, in March it's Kirby, April is likely either Mario Tennis or Hyrule Warriors (or both), May is Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and June likely will have Mario Tennis or Hyrule Warriors if one or the other misses the April date (cause that's still technically spring until the 21st that is).

Nintendo's not making the same mistake as the Wii U this time for sure. They're spreading out their titles in a smart and strategic manner to where no matter what situation, the Switch is going to have something for you to play in each Month of the year.

Yeah, I see your point... it'll be interesting to see.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I am hoping this new Mario Tennis is good. Overall it was okay and TWEWY on the Switch is tempting.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1853 Posts

@nethernova said:

Mario Tennis, nice. I really wish they would make another Mario Strikers though. Stop that Fifa on Switch nonsense and bring Strikers back.

Thank you! NO ONE asked for Fifa on the Switch. It doesn't even sell well.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1853 Posts

I haven't gotten a Switch yet, but I liked this Mini Direct. I was nervous initially since it was only 14 minutes, but this had a few gems.

I'm excited for: Kirby, Ys VIII, Mario Tennis, SNK, Fe, and Celeste. I always love a good Kirby game and a Mario Sports game. I've never played Ys or SNK, but they look fun. Especially when you pick outfits for the SNK game (it actually sealed the deal for me wanting the game). Fe is the first time I really liked something from EA. They got Zoink to do it, and it is perfect. This is what they should be doing if they want to make more games for Nintendo. Make charming games with a cute art style and quality gameplay. I might get addicted to this game. Celeste is what I call a good 3DS game. It's a cute art style, but it seems to fit more on the 3DS. With that said, it seems kind of fun. Though the max price should be $30. I'm not paying anything more for that game.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

TWEWY is the game of that show for me. I never played the mobile version so its been a very long time! :D

The others are ports of Wii U that I already played (DK: TF is pretty awesome though so good that its getting a second go) and I might buy DS if its a decent remaster. Not the biggest fan of Mario Tennis so that's out.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart:

People don't gaf. The sales are still skyrocketing.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@MarioFan264 said:

Where did Mario and Zelda go?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#67 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Sgt_Crow: Dark Souls coming to Switch.

Haters, please come in. LMAO"

I officially take back what i said about not buying the remaster because its BC on my X1X. Portable Dark Souls is Gooooooooooooo!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

a Reminder,

Good

They are probably aware they don't have a product yet people will be interested in buying/subcribing to. Otherwise it would've been paid already.

Another thing could be that Switch is making so much money for Nintendo, they might not need to monetize online at the moment.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

yay! Donkey Kong this was a must port from the Wii U.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Well that flopped.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

a Reminder,

I can't believe they're struggling with something like this, in 2018. It truly boggles the mind.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:

a Reminder,

Good

They are probably aware they don't have a product yet people will be interested in buying/subcribing to. Otherwise it would've been paid already.

Another thing could be that Switch is making so much money for Nintendo, they might not need to monetize online at the moment.

They need cloud sync.

There is currently no way to backup your save files on the Switch. If you lose your Switch or it breaks, you lose all of your save data.

This shit should be unacceptable in 2018, but we're talking about Nintendo here. Sometimes I wonder if their developers work on computers or if they write code on typewriters and then outsource it (via physical mail) to another company that digitizes it.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

We're getting my boy a switch for his bday, and a lot of these remasters I'll be buying in a hot minute because I never owned a WiiU.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#74 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart: Except none of those games are good. They are all ports or 5/10 games lol.

You are fanboying really hard to pretend to be excited for 5/10 quality games.

And others are agreeing with you. So this thread just proves the incredibly low standards of Nintendo fanboys. They will literally hype up every single game Nintendo announces as 10/10.

Sorry bro, but the average person in real life doesn’t look at the games announced in the mini direct and says: “Oh man, that game is going to make be buy a switch”.

There is nothing good on the switch announced for 2018. This is a bad sign. We can expect the game drought to continue for anywhere from 6-8 months at least. E3 will reveal more.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LegatoSkyheart

@stuff238: I have explained myself and in good detail already and it's clear that the real "fanboy" in this situation is really you cause you're not seeing reality for what it is. So let me explain myself once more.

The Switch isn't going to have a game drought anytime soon, and it's likely Nintendo will make it so it won't have another 6-8 month drought like the Wii U did. The Switch, just like last year, WILL HAVE at least ONE game a month.

Obviously there isn't one for this month, but starting February you got Bayonetta 1&2, then March you got Kirby, then April you got either Hyrule Warriors or Mario Tennis, then May you got Donkey Kong, then June which ends the Spring season you got whatever game that didn't come out on April.

and this is ONLY from Nintendo themselves. This isn't counting Valkyrie Chronicles 4, Dragon Quest Builders, Blazblue Cross Tag Battle, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary, Megaman Collection 1&2, No More Heroes Travis Strikes Again, SNK Heroines, Payday 2, Wolfenstien 2 The New Colossus, The World Ends with You Final Remix, and Dark Souls Remastered.

Couple this up with the Switch selling just about 3 times as fast as the PS4 and it's obvious we don't have another Wii U situation on our hands. Plus people with Switches are buying games on the switch which means more 3rd parties are to come. Will that mean the Switch will get Farcry? No. Will that mean Soul Calibur 6 will be on Switch? No. But if the Switch wasn't selling as well as it has, would it have been considered for Dark Souls? Probably not, but that's a hypothetical question that really can't be answered.

You're free to not like the Switch for many reasons, some being that you don't like that it's sharing a lot of Games from the Wii U or that the PS4 has all the games you need or that you just don't like Nintendo made games. You are ABSOLUTELY OKAY with not liking something for whatever reason, all I ask is for you to see reality that The Switch is doing just fine and will continue to do fine.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@stuff238:

WILL HAVE at least ONE game a month.

Obviously there isn't one for this month,

I found this funny. You literally contradict yourself immediately in back to back sentences,and then when you realize your mistake you name drop some indie and niche games, or games that have been out for years. Dark Souls, Payday 2 (LOL), Dragon Quest Builders, Street Fighter, Mega Man (LOL) Bayonetta, etc. When people start dropping mega man collections as important upcoming releases you know times are desperate! The only halfway interesting one out of those is Bayonetta because it's in a way become a Nintendo franchise now, and the only place to play Bayo 2 is Wii-U or Switch. Of course,it will probably sell like crap, but it's at least "interesting" to me. I will definitely be picking that one up (provided it's all on the card, and not a huge download required - if it's a download forget it). Anything that's been out for years and still available elsewhere is boring, pointless even, who cares? Seriously, not many people are going to pay $40-50 to have in inferior versions of games that have been out for years. That's always been the issue with remasters. Most people don't want to "double dip" on the same game, but especially not at full MSRP.

I'm sure Nintendo will announce a new Zelda or Mario for Nintendo fans to drool over, but realistically nobody cares about old ports. At least something like Wolfenstein 2 isn't too old, but Nintendo really needs these developers to start doing at least a few more ports "day and date" with the other consoles. Either that, or they need to work with 3rd parties to have a more steady flow of 3rd party exclusives.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 LegatoSkyheart

@2Chalupas: Now you're cherry picking.

It's like you didn't read anymore except for those two lines.

The point of my response is that no matter what you say, the Switch is going to do fine and will be fine. The audience has already spoken. The PEOPLE have already spoken. The Switch is selling like crazy and is catching up to the PS4.

We also can't expect most games on the PS4 to be put on the Switch, but they're already sharing games like Ys VIII and Valkyria chronicles.

I don't think Nintendo really needs to worry about getting the Farcrys, Call of Dutys or Battlefront 2s cause they're getting the Third Party support in way of Dark souls remastered, SNK Heroines and The World Ends with You Final Remix. If you don't care about those games then I'm sorry, that's not my problem.

But that ain't going translate to "The Switch is a failure" in ANY capacity in which you're implying cause that is simply not true. The Switch receiving games that you consider to be "sub-par" or "Not Triple A" enough doesn't equate to the System being a complete failure.